Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2022, 7:30pm   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,459 Times in 17,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Angry THIS is why you shouldn't live in a blue city

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onted-him.html

Store worker gets physically assaulted, defends himself, gets arrested and charged with murder.

Quote:
Manhattan bodega worker, 51, knifes gangster, 37, to death after he jumped counter and attacked him over cost of bag of chips: Locals demand he's released from Rikers Island where he is held on $250,000 bond

Surveillance footage caught the moment a New York City bodega worker allegedly stabbed a customer to death after the man pushed him
Jose Alba, 51, was seen sitting behind a counter at the Blue Moon Convenient Store when 37-year-old Austin Simon confronted him
Simon then pushed the man into a shelf before yelling at another customer trying to purchase something from the store
He then pulls Alba out of the chair, at which point Alba allegedly pulls out a large knife, which he plunges into Simon's neck and chest at least five times
Simon was later pronounced dead at a local hospital

By Melissa Koenig For Dailymail.Com

Published: 17:19 EDT, 6 July 2022 | Updated: 19:05 EDT, 6 July 2022

Surveillance footage caught the shocking moment a New York City bodega worker allegedly stabbed a customer to death after the man confronted him about the price of some snacks.

Video shows the employee - 51-year-old Jose Alba - sitting behind a counter at the Hamilton Heights grocery store, tending to customers on Friday night.

A man then pushed Alba into a shelf and appears to confront him, before yelling at another customer trying to purchase something.

He then pulls Alba up out of the chair, at which point Alba reaches to the right toward shelves displaying an assortment of candy, and pulls out a large knife, which he allegedly plunges into the man's neck and chest at least five times.

The two could be seen struggling off-camera as blood splatters across the victim's white t-shirt and along Alba's arms.

By the time he comes back into view, Alba could allegedly be seen holding the bloodied knife with blood splattered across his arm.

The customer, who was later identified as 37-year-old Austin Simon, meanwhile, was transported to Harlem Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Alba has been charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon. He faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.

He is being held on Rikers Island on a $250,000 bond, and is due back in court on Thursday.

In the meantime, local residents have rallied around Alba tweeting out the hashtag #FreeJoseAlba , as they claim he was acting in self-defense and say Simon was a known gang member.
Surveillance footage caught the moment Jose Alba, 51, a store clerk at a Hamilton Heights bodega stabbed 37-year-old Austin Simon after Simon pushed him into some shelves

Surveillance footage caught the moment Jose Alba, 51, a store clerk at a Hamilton Heights bodega stabbed 37-year-old Austin Simon after Simon pushed him into some shelves

According to the NYPD, the incident began at around 11pm on Friday after a woman entered the store with her 10-year-old daughter to buy several items.

But the woman's EBT card was declined, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the Daily News, and Alba reached over the counter to take the snacks away from the girl. At that point the woman became enraged and summoned Simon - her boyfriend.

'The lady threw everything from the counter and the machine too,' Maad Ahmad, the owner of the Blue Moon Convenient Store told the Daily News, referring to the card reader. 'She said, 'I'm going to get my man, and he's going to get you,'' he claimed.

Simon then walked around the counter and confronted Alba - leading to the confrontation caught on surveillance footage.

'He grabbed Jose by the neck and tried to get him to apologize to the girl,' Ahmad said, adding: 'He pushed Jose first, Jose was just defending himself.

'Jose said 'I don't want any problems.'' But allegedly, he wound up stabbing Simon at least five times.

According to police records, Alba told officers on the scene: 'He wanted me to come apologize to the girl. I took the knife we use to open boxes, and I stabbed him.'

Court documents also claim that Simon's girlfriend took a knife out of her purse and stabbed Alba in the arm, but she is not being charged.

Alba was then reportedly brought to a local hospital for his wounds before being incarcerated.

'The girlfriend is still out there enjoying her life,' a store employee told DailyMail.com on Wednesday, noting she 'ran out' after the alleged stabbing.
The incident occurred at the Blue Moon Convenient Store on Friday at around 11pm

The incident occurred at the Blue Moon Convenient Store on Friday at around 11pm

Several New Yorkers have now tweeted out the #FreeJoseAlba , who is being represented by a public defender, and a GoFundMe set up by his daughter has raised over $200 for his defense.

'Half of the 'hood is so shocked,' a man shopping at the store said of Alba's incarceration, noting that he could not even kill a roach.

Regulars at the store described Alba as a hard-working father who was preparing for retirement and was looking forward to returning to the Dominican Republic next week to visit his family.

He worked at the store every day of the week from noon to 6am, they told DailyMail.com, to 'make an honest living.'

But during his more than two years working at the store, several patrons have tried to take advantage of him, grabbing items and trying to walk away with them.

One man even once held up a gun to him, they said. So when Simon entered the store and starting threatening him last week, he did not know whether he had a gun and could kill him.

'He never wanted no problem,' Ahmad's son who was working the counter on Wednesday said. 'I picture him as my grandfather being in that situation.'
A GoFundMe set up by Alba's daughter on Wednesday already raised more than $200 for his defense as residents claim he was acting in self-defense

A GoFundMe set up by Alba's daughter on Wednesday already raised more than $200 for his defense as residents claim he was acting in self-defense

A GoFundMe for Alba set up on Wednesday has now raised over $200 for his defense, as his daughter, Danny Alba, writes: 'It is with great sadness that I must ask for help for the great injustice that is taking place in my hometown of Harlem, with my own father nevertheless.

'It hurts me knowing that a man cannot defend himself without being made to look like a villain,' she wrote of her father, who she described as 'a loving man that always puts his family first whilst also looking after kids and people in bad positions in life that have no other form of guidance.'

'It is truly disgusting how they are trying to keep my dad in jail for protecting himself from a person who physically and verbally assaulted him before he took any action to protect his own life.

'If there is any justice left in the judicial system please let it work here, in the place where I was born and raised, Harlem.'

Residents also told DailyMail.com that Simon was a known gang member, and would often talk about being in a gang.

Records obtained by DailyMail.com show he has in fact been incarcerated several times - most recently in 2020 - on assault and attempted assault charges.

He was then released from prison in May 2021.

'We want justice, we want no problems,' store employees say, with one regular at the bodega claiming if Alba isn't freed, 'We have no law here in this city.'
Video here:

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/w...arning-graphic

Worldstar, yall!
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 7:34pm   #2
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 51.8%

Thanked 23,951 Times in 9,945 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Total bullshit you defend yourself from some nut job criminal and you goto jail.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 7:41pm   #3
Louie Detroit
Barn Stall Owner #0331
Activity: 60.8%

Thanked 7,874 Times in 3,219 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Just watching that thug hover over the hero and screaming his ghetto smack made me want to peel his cap.
Louie Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louie Detroit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 7:43pm   #4
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 14,845 Times in 6,555 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

So glad I don’t have to live in one of those Democrat run shitholes
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 8:08pm   #5
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 57.6%

Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,188 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

"Alba allegedly pulls out a large knife, which he plunges into Simon's neck and chest at least five times. Simon was later pronounced dead at a local hospital"

He should be in jail. Of course, none of us here know what really happened but sticking him a couple times would have been justified. I predict time served and probation out of it.

Just like the Akron thing. 80 something rounds in the kid or something like that? Then handcuffing his bullet riddled ass afterwards? Civil suits will be huge.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 8:12pm   #6
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 69.4%

Thanked 33,456 Times in 11,750 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
"Alba allegedly pulls out a large knife, which he plunges into Simon's neck and chest at least five times. Simon was later pronounced dead at a local hospital"

He should be in jail. Of course, none of us here know what really happened but sticking him a couple times would have been justified. I predict time served and probation out of it.
And if I’m carrying and assaulted I should shoot to wound, not kill, right?

Liberals are the dumbest people on earth.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 8:14pm   #7
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,459 Times in 17,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

Just like the Akron thing. 80 something rounds in the kid or something like that? Then handcuffing his bullet riddled ass afterwards? Civil suits will be huge.
Know how I know you didn't watch the video of said attack?

Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 8:18pm   #8
Louie Detroit
Barn Stall Owner #0331
Activity: 60.8%

Thanked 7,874 Times in 3,219 Posts

Quote:

Wow nice job Slew, virtue signaling to dead violent ghetto thugs and the weirdo's who worship them.
Louie Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Louie Detroit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 10:05pm   #9
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,548 Times in 2,661 Posts

I moved out of one as soon as I could, and never looked back. That was 1984...
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:02pm   #10
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

To be fair, those chips were delicious.
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 5:57am   #11
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

Quote:

And you people like this halfwit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Watch the VIDEO Halfwit !! the man was attacked.
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Learpilot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 6:49am   #12
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
To be fair, those chips were delicious.
Those chips were making me thirsty.
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 8:55am   #13
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,993 Times in 11,829 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

I haven't seen pics or video yet, but I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat.

Lemme guess, it was an old white Amish guy who did the attacking and an up and coming rap artist defended himself?
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:14am   #14
69L46
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 17.8%

NYC bodega worker Jose Alba finally home after judge lowers bail in self-defense case

Will people in these cites ever learn not to vote for the progressive DA's and their destructive policies?

Doubtful.
69L46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:29am   #15
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,200 Times in 4,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
NYC bodega worker Jose Alba finally home after judge lowers bail in self-defense case

Will people in these cites ever learn not to vote for the progressive DA's and their destructive policies?

Doubtful.
The low IQ folks, freeshitgrabbers and anti-USA crowds, only think of themselves and how much more can they take by doing less.

They will never vote for what is right for most Americans, they are not Americans, they are low-end, low-class opportunists.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 6:35pm   #16
tjfontaine
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $403994

Here ... check out THESE losers .... they say they are giving them 10/9 yrs but ... likely the liberal DA, judges ,etc here will swing back around and let them out within 2.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-new...r-carjackings/

The current sheriff in Ramsey county (where st. paul is) came out of retirement to run to help address this left wing b.s. My wife used to work with him good guy but uphill battle. We are moving out of MN soon.
tjfontaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 7:58am   #17
frodo84
Vette Barn nOOb

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $517

Quote:

Once the agressor went hands on, whatever force was required to make him stop is justified. It's ridiculous to think that someone being assaulted can incrementally judge when to stop fighting. People that have never been in a real world fight with someone intending them harm don't seem to understand this.
frodo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frodo84 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 8:08am   #18
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 57.6%

Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,188 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo84 View Post
Once the agressor went hands on, whatever force was required to make him stop is justified. It's ridiculous to think that someone being assaulted can incrementally judge when to stop fighting. People that have never been in a real world fight with someone intending them harm don't seem to understand this.
Exactly. If my wife and I get held up in a parking lot by a guy with a knife and I pull out my gun and shoot him once or twice and he goes down, this is fine.

To empty my magazine on him, reload and empty another is not.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 8:24am   #19
frodo84
Vette Barn nOOb

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $517

Quote:
Exactly. If my wife and I get held up in a parking lot by a guy with a knife and I pull out my gun and shoot him once or twice and he goes down, this is fine.

To empty my magazine on him, reload and empty another is not.
I agree that your scenario of reloading and shooting again isn't justified, why do you think the stabbing incident is unjustified? Not at all the same thing.
frodo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frodo84 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 8:27am   #20
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

I taught JJ in NYS sate in the late 80's and early 90's. We had some lawyers give us a lecture on use of force in NYS. I left in the mid 90's and never looked back.

My conservative friends were so brainwashed by the system it was amazing. When a few ventured out to really free states like NH they , for the most part, recognized just how much they've been brainwashed.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic