Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2015, 2:55pm   #1
Y-Body
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3097
Default University President Says "This is not a day care"

President's Blog Post

Quote:
I’m not making this up. Our culture has actually taught our kids to be this self-absorbed and narcissistic. Any time their feelings are hurt, they are the victims. Anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them “feel bad” about themselves, is a “hater,” a “bigot,” an “oppressor,” and a “victimizer.”
If you’re more interested in playing the “hater” card than you are in confessing your own hate; if you want to arrogantly lecture, rather than humbly learn; if you don’t want to feel guilt in your soul when you are guilty of sin; if you want to be enabled rather than confronted, there are many universities across the land (in Missouri and elsewhere) that will give you exactly what you want, but Oklahoma Wesleyan isn’t one of them.
Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a “safe place”, but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn’t about you, but about others; that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt; that the way to address it is to repent of everything that’s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that’s wrong with them. This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up.

This is not a day care. This is a university!
Y-Body is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Y-Body For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 3:07pm   #2
Uri
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $89495

Concur of course......but these kids are faggots!!
Uri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 3:13pm   #3
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $106691

I think he's pissed
SteelCityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 3:29pm   #4
Truck Guy
Barn Stall Owner #18
NCM Supporter '11
Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $227052

Nice! Good to see someone finally stand up to the self-absorbed, entitled little punks.
Truck Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Truck Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 6:24pm   #5
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,566 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Guy View Post
Nice! Good to see someone finally stand up to the self-absorbed, entitled little punks.
All yawl new the 1/2 of the bullshit going on in my sister's 1/2 of the damn family U wooden believe it......but like me, you would LEAVE it......

Sis is about 13 years older than me....age 84 or so....her youngest is a son who never married, never did a damn thing, he maybe have a useless liberal farts degree, but I can't remember.....so the only job he ever had was driving a Lowes delivery truck from which he got fired...

Can't drive a bleeping delivery truck?? and fock THAT up so bad you get FIRED??? this some 25 years ago.....

so somehow she/he got a really GOOD lawyer and he gets SSDI for being a crybaby for some long time now...found out about this today.....

so she shopping around in the most expensive region of the world for a home for him with a total budget of only 40 grand.....Md/Pa/Va////around Wash DC yeh RIGHT!!!!!

Sorry to rant, but THIS shituation just PISSed me off.....

BTW, Sis's hubby was a GS 16 when he retired/died.....never did a damn thing in his life worth doing either.....except womanizing......so under the OLD GS system....she collects about 5 grand/month in widow's retirement benefits....PLUS her little SS check......and SHE is crying to ME about BS....

and folks wonder why I have NO respect for .gov workers or the entire damn town......

THIS is close family, but the other stories have probably been mentioned before in other threads.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 6:37pm   #6
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

I left home at 21, my mother died shortly thereafter. At the time, I didn't really get a long with my dad, so I didn't have anywhere to turn...There was no 'Home'.

So I got a JOB and WORKED to put a roof over my head and feed myself.

This generation is a bunch of pansy ass, crybaby bitches that live in some kind of perpetual childhood fantasy land.

WEENIES. FUC*KING WEENIES.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StaticCling For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2015, 11:22am   #7
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I left home at 21, my mother died shortly thereafter. At the time, I didn't really get a long with my dad, so I didn't have anywhere to turn...There was no 'Home'.

So I got a JOB and WORKED to put a roof over my head and feed myself.
When I was 9 years old, I wanted to make extra money. My dad built me a shoe shine box. Yup...I went to the business area near my house and I was a shoe shine boy for 2 years during the summer and vacation. I've worked at one job or another since and have no intention of ever fully retiring. My dad and mom didn't even have to say anything...he was a depression-era child and working was expected. That's not to say he was stingy. If I was between jobs or ran short, he'd throw me a $20 to go out with my friends if I needed it. But my first car...a 1971 Dodge Coronet...I bought from him. Had to make payments. And pay for insurance and gas.

My daughter has the same work ethic. My son...ehhhhh...not quite so much. But he's getting there.

These stupid millenials would have to go on oxygen if they were faced with that.

(As a postscript to this story...when I was an adult, my dad handed me a check for around $3000 one day. "What's this?" He said "It's all your car payments and insurance payments. I didn't need your money. I wanted to teach you how important it is to earn what you have." The old man always know how to take me to school.)
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic