Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 3:36pm   #201
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.2%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,127 Times in 5,356 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
That's pretty much the analysis I made. So far no ragrets.
Until the third arm grows out if your forehead.

I kid, I kid.

It’ll be a sixth toe on each foot.
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 4:07pm   #202
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

As a point of note, the CV tests can’t tell the difference between run of the mill CV and scary sounding variants like “Delta”. The only way to tell is an expensive and time consuming genetic sequencing test.

The CDC claims they take random samples and run these high dollar tests and then extrapolate the data to estimate the number of cases of the so called Delta Varient. In other words, they are guessing.

Furthermore, there are no samples available for COVID to calibrate the instrumentation. You need bits of the virus DNA to enable the machine to compare the genetic material. You can purchase all kinds of virus DNA for this purpose. Labs need to calibrate regularly and every kind of virus imaginable is available - except COVID.

So, getting a sample of a varient is even less believable.

Therefore, the propaganda that there is some terrifying mutant virus that is surging is absolute and total bullshit.

Keep in mind the CDC is the same CDC that gave 10k kids polio in 1955. It’s the same CDC that estimates annual cases of the flu to be between 9.5m and 52m per year - a margin of error of 42.5m. This is the same organization that predicted tens of millions of deaths from COVID.

Finally a recent study in Florida (I believe) shows that the percentage of vaxed patients in hospitals and unvaxxed patients matches the percentages in the community. In other words, if 40% are vaxed, 40% of patients hospitalized with “COVID” are vaxed. Of course this would mean the vax doesn’t actually work.

It’s also been reported that the vax is about 40% effective - about the same as the regular annual flu vax. Not 90% efffective as the CDC previously claimed.

My point is this. Trailer Trash Jeff doesn’t know what he is talking about and is just as likely to get the Chinese sniffles as anyone. He has fallen for the scam and his self righteous arrogance will likely catch up to him.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 4:24pm   #203
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 7.6%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,192 Times in 4,365 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post

I kid, I kid.

He's hoping for the third leg
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 4:26pm   #204
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
As a point of note, the CV tests can’t tell the difference between run of the mill CV and scary sounding variants like “Delta”. The only way to tell is an expensive and time consuming genetic sequencing test.

The CDC claims they take random samples and run these high dollar tests and then extrapolate the data to estimate the number of cases of the so called Delta Varient. In other words, they are guessing.

Furthermore, there are no samples available for COVID to calibrate the instrumentation. You need bits of the virus DNA to enable the machine to compare the genetic material. You can purchase all kinds of virus DNA for this purpose. Labs need to calibrate regularly and every kind of virus imaginable is available - except COVID.

Therefore, the propaganda that there is some terrifying mutant virus that is surging is absolute and total bullshit.

Keep in mind the CDC is the same CDC that gave 10k kids polio in 1955. It’s the same CDC that estimates annual cases of the flu to be between 9.5m and 52m per year - a margin of error of 42.5m. This is the same organization that predicted tens of millions of deaths from COVID.

Finally a recent study in Florida (I believe) shows that the percentage of vaxed patients in hospitals and unvaxxed patients matches the percentages in the community. In other words, if 40% are vaxed, 40% of patients hospitalized with “COVID” are vaxed. Of course this would mean the vax doesn’t actually work.

It’s also been reported that the vax is about 40% effective - about the same as the regular annual flu vax. Not 90% efffective as the CDC previously claimed.

My point is this. Trailer Trash Jeff doesn’t know what he is talking about and is just as likely to get the Chinese sniffles as anyone. He has fallen for the scam and his self righteous arrogance will likely catch up to him.
Of all people, did you get jabbed? No judgment, just wondering with all you've been through, how did the vax stack up in your mind?
Old 08-13-2021, 4:35pm   #205
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Activity: 34.9%

Thanked 11,002 Times in 5,134 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997

sad to say a good friend that refused to get the vaccine and wear a mask is very sick with it.
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 04 commemorative For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 4:37pm   #206
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 31.7%

Thanked 17,014 Times in 6,939 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
My kid got exposed at work. We were all vaxed with Moderna in February. She got tested yesterday, but we're waiting on the results
negative
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 4:46pm   #207
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 25.2%

Thanked 31,439 Times in 10,898 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:

I kid, I kid.

My 6th toes just fell off
MadInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 5:12pm   #208
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 61.5%

Thanked 18,567 Times in 8,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
I kid, I kid.

Now hold on there toots - ain't none of that weird shit gonna happen to me.
Attached Images

dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 5:32pm   #209
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.2%

Thanked 4,383 Times in 2,402 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Quote:
...the percentage of vaxed patients in hospitals and unvaxxed patients matches the percentages in the community. In other words, if 40% are vaxed, 40% of patients hospitalized with “COVID” are vaxed. Of course this would mean the vax doesn’t actually work...
The values match what can be expected from those with natural immunity and no shot. Have yet to hear a claim that the shot provides better protection than natural immunity. Causes me to wonder why people are risking the side effects. Just gamblers I guess
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 6:52pm   #210
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Of all people, did you get jabbed? No judgment, just wondering with all you've been through, how did the vax stack up in your mind?
My GI says Nope. He doesn't trust mRNA's impact on an already out of control immune system. We've been fighting to get out of a flare for two years and he doesn't want any more variables. He also said he hasn't seen any studies on people who are taking biologic drugs (due to the mRNA issue).

I'm having surgery Monday morning and again on the 27th. With a gig in-between....got a test - negative.

I don't get flu vaccines in general. This particular virus is inflammatory in it's action. I've been on anti-imflamatory* biologic medication for 17 years.

There are some early studies suggesting that people on these drugs get very mild symptoms or no symptoms. The drug keeps the Chinese Sniffles from getting a foothold.

*The drug(s) I'm on are immunomodulators and TNF blockers. Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) is a protein that starts the inflammatory process - no matter where it is. Joints, eyes, guts, big toe - everywhere.

While they are uncertain of the pharmacological action, the biologics (ending with "mab") drugs block TNF from binding to the cells - killing inflammation at its start.

Also used for Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and other rheumatoid diseases.

NOW YOU KNOW
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 7:00pm   #211
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.2%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,127 Times in 5,356 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
My 6th toes just fell off
Name:  989F38BC-40D8-424F-87EC-3BF6512F1DD9.gif
Views: 72
Size:  652.4 KB
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 7:04pm   #212
Cool 50th AE
Barn Stall Owner #666
Activity: 22.7%

Thanked 4,235 Times in 1,640 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1006120

I’m a “sophisticated” liberal and no mask mandates apply to me.

Every Obama party attendee.
Cool 50th AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 7:08pm   #213
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
The values match what can be expected from those with natural immunity and no shot. Have yet to hear a claim that the shot provides better protection than natural immunity. Causes me to wonder why people are risking the side effects. Just gamblers I guess
Oddly, I couldn't find the cite for that report that spoke of the vaxxed vs. unvaxxed. But if accurate, it shows almost no effect on the hospitalization rate (which is the metric that matters - cases is bullshit)

I also don't see any data comparing natural immunity. Hmmmm.

Most sources I can find now are repeating about .003 of vaxxed get sick enough to be hospitalized or die.

It seems the truth is vaxxed people get the Hong Kong Fluey sniffles with much milder symptoms (In fact, it's generally acknowledged that the "Delta" variant is milder because that's how viruses work. Each subsequent is less deadly because it's against evolution to kill the host.)

So unvaxxed people get a bad cold "Oh it's so bad. I had to stay in bed for two weeks and coughed my ass off" "Oh, like the flu?" "Yeah, exactly like that."

My message to all those afraid of the Chinese Bioweapon:

Jesus Christ you ****ing skinny jean wearing, man bun having bunch of pussies. You wouldn't last 2 ****ing days with Crohn's Disease. My great uncle stormed the beaches of Normandy and you faggot vaxfanatics are afraid of a bad cold. Jizz sucking nancy boys STFU.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 8:29pm   #214
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,220 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Oddly, I couldn't find the cite for that report that spoke of the vaxxed vs. unvaxxed. But if accurate, it shows almost no effect on the hospitalization rate (which is the metric that matters - cases is bullshit)

Most sources I can find now are repeating about .003 of vaxxed get sick enough to be hospitalized or die.

It seems the truth is vaxxed people get the Hong Kong Fluey sniffles with much milder symptoms (In fact, it's generally acknowledged that the "Delta" variant is milder because that's how viruses work. Each subsequent is less deadly because it's against evolution to kill the host.)

So unvaxxed people get a bad cold "Oh it's so bad. I had to stay in bed for two weeks and coughed my ass off" "Oh, like the flu?" "Yeah, exactly like that."

Jesus Christ you ****ing skinny jean wearing, man bun having bunch of pussies. You wouldn't last 2 ****ing days with Crohn's Disease. My great uncle stormed the beaches of Normandy and you faggot vaxfanatics are afraid of a bad cold. Jizz sucking nancy boys STFU.

Here's where I stand on the virus... I contracted it in January; felt worse than I have ever with the flu but I recovered without hospital intervention (just barely). I got the shot as soon after I became eligible since I trust the science behind the mRNA vaccine.

I had (note the past tense, HAD) a dear friend and his wife who thought themselves "bulletproof" as they had been repeatedly exposed to "covid the original" with no apparent effect.

Both of them acquired the Delta variant... the wife recovered... the husband is deceased and we will attend a funeral on Sunday for a man who wished out loud he had gotten the shot before he fell ill. He was the best friend I have ever had, and a family member for all intents and purposes.

So... call the pro-vaxxers names if you need to and be a narrow minded ignoramus if you feel that is required but know this... the virus is real, and it can change your life, and that of those you love for the worse.

The funeral for my proxy brother is Sunday... I will think of you and hope you feel it while we all grieve.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markids77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 8:31pm   #215
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:

This should be on a t-shirt.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 8:58pm   #216
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,220 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

FWIW Snik, I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 9 years ago and I, like you, am still standing. So STFU about Covid which I take you have yet to contract.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 9:29pm   #217
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 1,366 Times in 593 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Local hospital chief medical officer said 93% of COVID inpatients are unvaccinated.

Quote:

BayouCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 9:29pm   #218
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team

Quote:
My GI says Nope. He doesn't trust mRNA's impact on an already out of control immune system. We've been fighting to get out of a flare for two years and he doesn't want any more variables. He also said he hasn't seen any studies on people who are taking biologic drugs (due to the mRNA issue).

I'm having surgery Monday morning and again on the 27th. With a gig in-between....got a test - negative.

I don't get flu vaccines in general. This particular virus is inflammatory in it's action. I've been on anti-imflamatory* biologic medication for 17 years.

There are some early studies suggesting that people on these drugs get very mild symptoms or no symptoms. The drug keeps the Chinese Sniffles from getting a foothold.

*The drug(s) I'm on are immunomodulators and TNF blockers. Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) is a protein that starts the inflammatory process - no matter where it is. Joints, eyes, guts, big toe - everywhere.

While they are uncertain of the pharmacological action, the biologics (ending with "mab") drugs block TNF from binding to the cells - killing inflammation at its start.

Also used for Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and other rheumatoid diseases.

NOW YOU KNOW
Like I said, I just wanted to know how it was working with you. I went through immunotherapy for cancer and really struggled with getting the jab, or taking my chances. I chose the former, and so far, I'm not dead.

Thanks for sharing your experience, as we all should be learning something from this shit at this point. Sadly, I'm not confident we are as a population doing so.

Please stay well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 10:33pm   #219
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
Here's where I stand on the virus... I contracted it in January; felt worse than I have ever with the flu but I recovered without hospital intervention (just barely). I got the shot as soon after I became eligible since I trust the science behind the mRNA vaccine.

I had (note the past tense, HAD) a dear friend and his wife who thought themselves "bulletproof" as they had been repeatedly exposed to "covid the original" with no apparent effect.

Both of them acquired the Delta variant... the wife recovered... the husband is deceased and we will attend a funeral on Sunday for a man who wished out loud he had gotten the shot before he fell ill. He was the best friend I have ever had, and a family member for all intents and purposes.

So... call the pro-vaxxers names if you need to and be a narrow minded ignoramus if you feel that is required but know this... the virus is real, and it can change your life, and that of those you love for the worse.

The funeral for my proxy brother is Sunday... I will think of you and hope you feel it while we all grieve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
FWIW Snik, I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 9 years ago and I, like you, am still standing. So STFU about Covid which I take you have yet to contract.
Sorry to hear. Both things are terrible. I was diagnosed 17 years ago. I hope your version of CD is mild to moderate. Mine was at first. Now it’s “moderate to severe.”

I like how you called me an ignoramus as I post up data. The little emotional “I’ll think of you at my ‘proxy’ brothers funeral” was a nice touch. GMAFB

I share the following not in competition for misery but to make a point.

Where I live, people are terrified. They are violent towards unvaxxed. They want to force people from their jobs again and keep kids out of school.

They all say “my friend got it and was REALLY sick.” When I ask to quantify that, what they describe is a bad flu, just short of pneumonia. Pretty rough indeed.

But not even close to thousands of other diseases.

I’ve been in the ICU 12x

I’m having my sixth surgery Monday.

I’ve been to the ER 17X and admitted 9 times.

I have had open wounds in my gut for weeks with drains from my disease.

I’ve had 9 double balloon endoscopies. And another on the 27th.

My first surgery put me in the ICU for seven days (emergency resection with septicemia.)

COVID is nowhere near that rough.

I’ve also had Norovirus. It killed my dad (who had a plethora of health problems) it was MUCH worse than any COVID I’ve heard or read about.

I had a flare of Epstein Barre that made me puke so violently for six days I tore a vein in my esophagus. It took months to recover. Much worse than COVID.

I HAD MY URETHRA RECONSTRUCTED and had a foley cath for 30 ****ing days. FFS. Sorry, much worse.

I’ve had heat stroke where I was shitting and puking blood in the damn jungle. That was “really sick”

I’ve even had pneumonia three times. All three times I was hospitalized.

Being hammered with the worst flu on earth (which COVID isn’t) pales in comparison to any of those adventures.

To be clear, I am not in the least derogatory towards those who get vaxxed. I have exactly zero issues with anyone who chooses to get vaccinated. Nor do I have any issues with vaccines.

People who don’t want the vax are not pressuring others, generally. (There are some nuts out there) it’s the other way around. It is The unvaxxed who are facing forced violation of our bodies, being forced to show our papers and being treated as second class citizens.

Spend five minutes on Reddit and hear all about how people literally want to kill the unvaxed.

But all emotion aside, what you describe is statistically rare. (Although oddly, I have heard that exact anecdote several times about “I wish I got the vax” before they died)

The severity of this particular virus doesn’t justify what we are seeing in terms of fear from young, healthy people to whom I was referring.

Norovirus actually changes the cell structure in the lining of your gut. You can imagine how that is for Crohn’s. THAT is sick.

So I’m sorry for your friend. And I don’t mean to be insensitive. Knowing a bit more would be helpful for everyone.

Do you care to share the age and health condition of the man who passed?

Was your friend over 60? Did he have other health issues? If he was younger and didn’t have comorbidities, his death is extremely rare. Still tragic and sad. But still very unusual statistically.

2.8m people die every year. It sucks every time.

And may I ask how you or they knew it was the Delta variant? Did they do genetic sequencing to find out what strain? You would likely know because it costs thousands of dollars and takes several weeks and only the CDC does it for COVID because there are no calibration samples available on the market).

My position is this.
  • I can handle COVID.
  • If it kills me that’s on me.
  • It is nobody’s business either way
  • If it means that my freedom to control my own destiny and life choices leads to my death, so be it. I would have it no other way.

And before anyone trots out the “but...but...but...grandma....” She has the freedom to manage her risk as well. Nobody is forcing grandma to babysit Mexican kids or go to the mall.

I hope that’s clearer. I am sorry for your friend. I’ve lost many friends over the last three years.

Please share some details about health status.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2021, 6:36am   #220
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Well said, Pete.

snide is offline   Reply With Quote