Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 9:25pm   #81
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,598 Times in 13,595 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
ICNLT
^^^ Understatement of the decade.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 9:29pm   #82
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 31.7%

Thanked 14,211 Times in 4,347 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
^^^ Understatement of the decade.
My paternal grandparents passed down land to me, and 6 other cousins, in W. Virginia. Stunning geographic area, but ICNLT either.

When will these COVID rapid tests be available?
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02pm   #83
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
My paternal grandparents passed down land to me, and 6 other cousins, in W. Virginia. Stunning geographic area, but ICNLT either.

When will these COVID rapid tests be available?
We sent 300 off today for more lab testing.

We already had a customer tell us, at any price, they want 10,000 of them.

We have been getting BLASTED with emails and calls and of course vendors and customers that pay us no attention before and coming out of the woodwork now. Win the lottery and your family suddenly quadruples in size.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:07pm   #84
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
We sent 300 off today for more lab testing.

We already had a customer tell us, at any price, they want 10,000 of them.

We have been getting BLASTED with emails and calls and of course vendors and customers that pay us no attention before and coming out of the woodwork now. Win the lottery and your family suddenly quadruples in size.
15 minute POC swab?
Old 04-01-2020, 10:25pm   #85
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
15 minute POC swab?
Currently at about 30 minutes, BUT this is Rev 1.

We are already working on a faster version.

This is so fresh the paint hasn't dried yet.

We got VERY lucky because 90% of the delivery system/package was already in our other products. A few tweaks and we literally had a feasible product in days. Everything after that was aesthetics and refinements.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 12:21am   #86
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 2,675 Times in 1,539 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Well, I actually just watched this surgeon dude's whole video. Scary way to die. I knew that before I watched the video and for that matter, before the novel coronavirus was a thing. I watched my mother struggle to get enough air while on oxygen for a couple of years. One doesn't have to be a surgeon to grasp that fact, although he does keep pointing out his credentials.....

The part that I am most curious about and want to learn more is where he pointed out why this corona is a novel virus, meaning no one has immunity so everyone who comes in contact with it is guaranteed to get it. Does that mean that it isn't if, but when, we all get it? Is the only reason for the drastic precautions to not overwhelm hospitals? Please don't misunderstand me, if this is indeed the case, I am not against doing it. I just want to learn more and no, I am not trolling the OP, C3C7NIC. Not that it would bother her anyways, she's tough and a good sport.

Oh, one last thing, and the only thing this shooter surgeon did that pissed me off: He asked me how I was going to pay for my funeral...

He says "Go Fund Me?"

I say to hime "Go **** yourself, interesting video but don't worry 'bout my shit Doc...."

I ****ing hate this kind of condescending attitude. Like he's the only one with money.
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 7:50am   #87
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,038 Times in 3,107 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post

Well, I actually just watched this surgeon dude's whole video. Scary way to die. I knew that before I watched the video and for that matter, before the novel coronavirus was a thing. I watched my mother struggle to get enough air while on oxygen for a couple of years. One doesn't have to be a surgeon to grasp that fact, although he does keep pointing out his credentials.....
I watched my Dad die of colon cancer that metastasized to his lungs. As the lung tumors grew, it closed off more and more functional lung area until he basically suffocated to death. Yeah, it was no fun to watch, and I'm sure even less fun to experience it.

Quote:
The part that I am most curious about and want to learn more is where he pointed out why this corona is a novel virus, meaning no one has immunity so everyone who comes in contact with it is guaranteed to get it. Does that mean that it isn't if, but when, we all get it?
From what I read, this is definitely NOT true. My BIL, who is a hand surgeon, was talking to us about this a week or so ago, and said it depends on a lot of things, but that like any other virus, being "exposed" is not equal to being "infected". I'll leave the technical details to the MDs, but this is one of the aggravating things about the news stories. They say things like "40% - 70% of Americans will be infected". This is almost certainly not true, but it is highly likely that somewhere along the way, 70+% of Americans will be exposed. Big difference.

Quote:
Oh, one last thing, and the only thing this shooter surgeon did that pissed me off: He asked me how I was going to pay for my funeral...

He says "Go Fund Me?"

I say to hime "Go **** yourself, interesting video but don't worry 'bout my shit Doc...."

I ****ing hate this kind of condescending attitude. Like he's the only one with money.
If I set up a Go Fund Me for my funeral, will you donate ten bucks? I'd really appreciate it!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 8:44am   #88
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:

The part that I am most curious about and want to learn more is where he pointed out why this corona is a novel virus, meaning no one has immunity so everyone who comes in contact with it is guaranteed to get it. Does that mean that it isn't if, but when, we all get it? Is the only reason for the drastic precautions to not overwhelm hospitals? Please don't misunderstand me, if this is indeed the case, I am not against doing it. I just want to learn more and no, I am not trolling the OP, C3C7NIC. Not that it would bother her anyways, she's tough and a good sport.

He says "Go Fund Me?"

Correct, people that have not been infected, have no immunity. IF they are exposed and do not take precautions, they WILL get infected. Now, this does not mean they will get actively ill, but "infected" and symptomatic are 2 different things.

Stop, you may actually get me. Just don't go getting too testy.

As far as the funeral thing, yea, this guy is a smart ass, but pretty down to earth compared to most surgeons and doctors I know. Here is a dry medical explanation of COVID immunity, if that is your preferable mode of learning.

He also speaks to the antibody testing, which I believe is truly the method to get people back to life as we know it. Wide spread testing to see who has immunity. VERY important moving forward. IMO.

Old 04-02-2020, 9:02am   #89
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 50.4%

Thanked 18,521 Times in 8,172 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Currently at about 30 minutes, BUT this is Rev 1.

We are already working on a faster version.

This is so fresh the paint hasn't dried yet.

We got VERY lucky because 90% of the delivery system/package was already in our other products. A few tweaks and we literally had a feasible product in days. Everything after that was aesthetics and refinements.
I hope you guys have a profit sharing plan in place.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 9:10am   #90
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
although he does keep pointing out his credentials.....
I, too, found that extremely odd. He doth protest too much, methinks.

Quote:
corona is a novel virus, meaning no one has immunity so everyone who comes in contact with it is guaranteed to get it.
NOT true. Even without immunity the chances of contracting it from a random exposure are pretty low (IIRC < 5%). If the carrier is asymptomatic the chances are estimated to be even lower, like 1%.

Quote:
Does that mean that it isn't if, but when, we all get it? Is the only reason for the drastic precautions to not overwhelm hospitals?
I'll spare you the math, but based on what we know about the R0 today something like 70% of the population will eventually contract COVID-19. After that we reach the "herd immunity" stage and the virus starts dying out for lack of new hosts to infect. The most important variable is still the rate of spread, and how quickly the peak in active infections occurs (more quicker == more higher). So expect to see the lockdowns remain (and possibly even intensify) for weeks if not months until we pass the peak.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 9:11am   #91
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I watched my Dad die of colon cancer that metastasized to his lungs. As the lung tumors grew, it closed off more and more functional lung area until he basically suffocated to death. Yeah, it was no fun to watch, and I'm sure even less fun to experience it.

From what I read, this is definitely NOT true. My BIL, who is a hand surgeon, was talking to us about this a week or so ago, and said it depends on a lot of things, but that like any other virus, being "exposed" is not equal to being "infected". I'll leave the technical details to the MDs, but this is one of the aggravating things about the news stories. They say things like "40% - 70% of Americans will be infected". This is almost certainly not true, but it is highly likely that somewhere along the way, 70+% of Americans will be exposed. Big difference.

If I set up a Go Fund Me for my funeral, will you donate ten bucks? I'd really appreciate it!
Last things first: Yeah, set that bitch up Mick! You bet your ass I'll toss in that 10 bux to make sure you get put in the ground. I'm sure the family and neighbors don't want to smell your rotting corpse in your garage. Just do the same for my rotting stinky ass if I croak first.

Seriously, what is the deal with this odd looking surgeon mother****er mocking us like we ain't got fiddy bux to pay to throw our dead-ass carcasses away if we croak. Not to go all TG&N here, but shit, I'm sick of this pious shit. If the undertaker won't take the check from my estate, he will probably take one of my Rolex. I've got plenty.....

Second thing you posted: So, your brother is a hand surgeon. What in the **** are you thinking that he knows more than this chi....oops, I mean bariatiric surgeon who fixes up fat gurls? You think fat gurls shouldn't get surgery to lose weight? Sure, your BIL fixes hands and that helps people go back to work and live their life, but really, who in the **** do you think he is to be spouting off about this virus shit? We should just take the chin...oops, I mean the bariatric surgeon who shown us his diplomas 'N shit.....Seriously, would you trust a surgeon that spends half his time making mother****ing YouTube videos????

Lastly, the bit about your dad hits home with me. In case anyone missed it, I am one sarcastic mother****er, but this part does hit home with me, so here I am being serious: My father passed away from colon cancer November 13, 2017 at 9:45 at home in his bed. I am so grateful for how it happened to work out. He passed away peacefully before the cancer spread to his lungs. I was fearful the whole year+ that he was helped by hospice that he would suffer by not being able to breathe or have the shit mestasicize to his brain. He went peacefully. That shit ain't no fun to watch.
Old 04-02-2020, 9:14am   #92
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
I hope you guys have a profit sharing plan in place.
Every two weeks I get a check...so far I take that as meaning we are profitable.

We are privately held/Board controlled, although they are EXTREMELY silent and let our CEO run the entire business.
Old 04-02-2020, 9:14am   #93
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
He also speaks to the antibody testing, which I believe is truly the method to get people back to life as we know it. Wide spread testing to see who has immunity. VERY important moving forward. IMO.
* critical

It's the people who contract the disease and recover who will be the ones to get our economy rolling again.

I predict we'll start seeing a lot of people wearing T-shirts that say something like "I'm immune!" so they don't get harrassed as they walk around in public without masks and gloves.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 9:22am   #94
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
Every two weeks I get a check...so far I take that as meaning we are profitable.

Well in times like these I suppose that's enough.
Old 04-02-2020, 9:42am   #95
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
I, too, found that extremely odd. He doth protest too much, methinks.

NOT true. Even without immunity the chances of contracting it from a random exposure are pretty low (IIRC < 5%). If the carrier is asymptomatic the chances are estimated to be even lower, like 1%.

I'll spare you the math, but based on what we know about the R0 today something like 70% of the population will eventually contract COVID-19. After that we reach the "herd immunity" stage and the virus starts dying out for lack of new hosts to infect. The most important variable is still the rate of spread, and how quickly the peak in active infections occurs (more quicker == more higher). So expect to see the lockdowns remain (and possibly even intensify) for weeks if not months until we pass the peak.
Interesting, to say the least.....

So, you don't totally agree with this surgeon dude.....

Honestly, in regard to the "lockdowns" and all the other shit, I don't know what to expect. Life is weird and the unexpected is always around the corner. That is pretty much all I have to say about my 57 years in existence so far.....
Old 04-02-2020, 9:47am   #96
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Interesting, to say the least.....

So, you don't totally agree with this surgeon dude.....

Honestly, in regard to the "lockdowns" and all the other shit, I don't know what to expect. Life is weird and the unexpected is always around the corner. That is pretty much all I have to say about my 57 years in existence so far.....
Cliff's, all I read was: you is > 57,

you an old MF'er.

Old 04-02-2020, 9:49am   #97
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 91.7%

Thanked 41,260 Times in 17,155 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
* critical

It's the people who contract the disease and recover who will be the ones to get our economy rolling again.

I predict we'll start seeing a lot of people wearing T-shirts that say something like "I'm immune!" so they don't get harrassed as they walk around in public without masks and gloves.
I survived the

Chinese virus and

all I got was

this lousy t-shirt
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 9:58am   #98
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:

you an old MF'er.

CORRECT, and I assume you are MUCH younger?

That just means if we both roll a 7 today from this corona shit, I got a few more years in than you.....
Old 04-02-2020, 9:59am   #99
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:

you an old MF'er.

Finally someone older than Don.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:00am   #100
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
CORRECT, and I assume you are MUCH younger?
Let's all guess Nikki's age. I say 36.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic