Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 9:04am   #61
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

So, question for our 'rona sufferers.

How is the HCQ+azithromycin+zinc treatment working?
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 9:07am   #62
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 63.3%

Thanked 23,712 Times in 9,798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

What I think people have forgotten is the covid is extremely easily transmitted compare to regular flu and colds. 1 infection = 5 infections complared to 1 to 2 regular. This really is the issue, no its so much different death wise than regular flu.
Seems the covid is fallen into the same area most diseases do, I've you don't have it or someone you know closely hasn't fallen ill and died most just brush it off. Nothing new.
For those of you who are lucky enough to live in areas that don't have it bad you're lucky as hell, for those of us who unfortunately do.... Wearing a mask and staying the fuk away from people is our only hope not getting it because i cant speak for others but I sure the fuk don't want it.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 9:15am   #63
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 39.9%

Thanked 18,426 Times in 8,122 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

This is what happens when you rush a product to market:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/healt...ons/index.html

Quote:
(CNN)Vaccine experts -- including those who serve on advisory committees for the US Food and Drug Administration and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- have questions about data released Monday by AstraZeneca about its Covid-19 vaccine.
In a press release Monday, the pharmaceutical giant announced that its vaccine is on average 70% effective. However, the company did not state the data that led them to that conclusion.
"Absent knowing this, it's hard to know the significance of their findings," said Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, which will review Covid-19 vaccines before they are put on the market.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 9:20am   #64
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 39.9%

Thanked 18,426 Times in 8,122 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Americans revive spirit of first Thanksgiving by carrying disease to new areas
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ase-new-areas/
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 9:26am   #65
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
For those of us who want a good laugh this morning, we can't see this because it's behind a paywall. Please quote the opinion piece.

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 9:48am   #66
ThePirate
Barn Stall Owner #107
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1793

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
For those of us who want a good laugh this morning, we can't see this because it's behind a paywall. Please quote the opinion piece.

'Drawing a hand turkey and feeling good about myself without thinking about the suffering and struggle of the Wampanoag people one bit.' (Aarti Kalyani/iStock)

Opinion by Alexandra Petri

Columnist

November 25, 2020 at 5:10 p.m. EST

Add to list

Across the United States, millions of people pointedly spurning CDC advice as they celebrated Thanksgiving during a time of increased covid-19 community spread were excited to hearken back to the very first traditions of European settlement in the Americas.

“We wanted to keep alive the customs these settlers helped start,” explained one family that was traveling hundreds of miles to spread disease to people they didn’t know because they thought the trip would be best for their family. “We just want to do the same thing they did, but in a way that includes a dish that somehow incorporates both marshmallows and sweet potatoes.”

These Thanksgiving reenactors were dedicated to making sure the holiday got the celebration it deserved. “Usually," another ardent patriot said, "my Thanksgiving celebration is based on a selective and misleading interpretation of history. This year, it will be based on a selective and misleading interpretation of science as well. And I brought green beans with those weird little packaged onion things on them!”

“It’s a point of pride with me to ignore any guidelines that would prevent my bringing pestilence with me to this important family holiday,” one celebrator noted. “The Pilgrims didn’t pay attention to any guidelines! Dare I act as though to be alive now offers me any advantages over what they had?"

One matriarch, sticking her entire arm into the slick carcass of a bird, offered, "It’s important to me that my Thanksgiving keeps the traditions of those first fur traders and colonists alive: where I feel as though I am absolutely and divinely right to do what I am doing and refuse to connect my actions with consequences in any way.”

“I was watching a PBS special about the Pilgrims,” one American said, “and they spent their entire first winter in Massachusetts before Thanksgiving just watching their family members die. They carried them out to the woods, propped them up against trees and left them there to give the illusion that the settlement was guarded. That wasn’t something we incorporated into our Thanksgiving before, but it’s never too late to start a new tradition, provided that new tradition does not involve Zoom in any way!”

“If the attendees at the first Thanksgiving had been able to choose between having all their loved ones alive or having a big, celebratory meal a single time, I am pretty sure that they would have chosen the second thing,” said another traveler, who added that under no circumstances would he be shamed by any stay-at-home recommendations, CDC-issued or otherwise, because he thought they were part of the War on Christmas, and therefore they made him upset. “I think it’s just typical P.C. nonsense to try to shoehorn new liberal fads like germ theory into our traditional American holidays. Next they’ll be saying that the reason Santa can’t catch covid-19 is because he’s fictional."

“I am excited to get back to what I erroneously thought was the true essence of Thanksgiving,” added an uncle. “And that’s drawing a hand turkey and feeling good about myself without thinking about the suffering and struggle of the Wampanoag people one bit.” The fact that he got to have his ill-advised gathering in the midst of an ongoing pandemic that was disproportionately devastating indigenous communities was just another detail that made this uncle feel that he was participating in a great national tradition. “I’m going to do what I’m going to do, and if they try to tell me I can’t, they’ve got another thing coming! This is America!” he said, stamping his foot for emphasis on what technically is Piscataway land.

“I’m just glad we’re getting back to the roots of this holiday, which is long-distance travel, vectors of disease and the devastation of families. I hated how Thanksgiving had evolved into a holiday where you were supposed to gather and have a political argument and leave without fearing you were carrying any disease to your community or others.'" He concluded by saying you could take the turkey from his cold, dead hands.

AD
ThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePirate For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 9:49am   #67
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 13,004 Times in 7,316 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:

The Trump Cocktail was a miracle worker for me.

The day before I took it I had many of the symptoms including watching my oxygen levels drop steadily down to around 90 and holding... my blood pressure was 167/113 and pulse rate was 106. When blood oxygen is in the 80s and holding is where you get hospitalized.

Just two days after I started medication the only symptoms I had remaining were a low grade fever, very light sinus congestion and I was extremely tired. The blood oxygen was 94-97, blood pressure was 127/84 and pulse rate was in the low 70s.

I’ve since had a few bouts where the blood oxygen starts to dip downward but so far when I get back on the inhalers I am able to get it back into the normal range. Fever has been gone for about five or six days now.

This is Day 14.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 9:57am   #68
BOTY
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.1%

Thanked 13,170 Times in 6,028 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post

'Drawing a hand turkey and feeling good about myself without thinking about the suffering and struggle of the Wampanoag people one bit.' (Aarti Kalyani/iStock)

Opinion by Alexandra Petri

Columnist

November 25, 2020 at 5:10 p.m. EST

Add to list

Across the United States, millions of people pointedly spurning CDC advice as they celebrated Thanksgiving during a time of increased covid-19 community spread were excited to hearken back to the very first traditions of European settlement in the Americas.

“We wanted to keep alive the customs these settlers helped start,” explained one family that was traveling hundreds of miles to spread disease to people they didn’t know because they thought the trip would be best for their family. “We just want to do the same thing they did, but in a way that includes a dish that somehow incorporates both marshmallows and sweet potatoes.”

These Thanksgiving reenactors were dedicated to making sure the holiday got the celebration it deserved. “Usually," another ardent patriot said, "my Thanksgiving celebration is based on a selective and misleading interpretation of history. This year, it will be based on a selective and misleading interpretation of science as well. And I brought green beans with those weird little packaged onion things on them!”

“It’s a point of pride with me to ignore any guidelines that would prevent my bringing pestilence with me to this important family holiday,” one celebrator noted. “The Pilgrims didn’t pay attention to any guidelines! Dare I act as though to be alive now offers me any advantages over what they had?"

One matriarch, sticking her entire arm into the slick carcass of a bird, offered, "It’s important to me that my Thanksgiving keeps the traditions of those first fur traders and colonists alive: where I feel as though I am absolutely and divinely right to do what I am doing and refuse to connect my actions with consequences in any way.”

“I was watching a PBS special about the Pilgrims,” one American said, “and they spent their entire first winter in Massachusetts before Thanksgiving just watching their family members die. They carried them out to the woods, propped them up against trees and left them there to give the illusion that the settlement was guarded. That wasn’t something we incorporated into our Thanksgiving before, but it’s never too late to start a new tradition, provided that new tradition does not involve Zoom in any way!”

“If the attendees at the first Thanksgiving had been able to choose between having all their loved ones alive or having a big, celebratory meal a single time, I am pretty sure that they would have chosen the second thing,” said another traveler, who added that under no circumstances would he be shamed by any stay-at-home recommendations, CDC-issued or otherwise, because he thought they were part of the War on Christmas, and therefore they made him upset. “I think it’s just typical P.C. nonsense to try to shoehorn new liberal fads like germ theory into our traditional American holidays. Next they’ll be saying that the reason Santa can’t catch covid-19 is because he’s fictional."

“I am excited to get back to what I erroneously thought was the true essence of Thanksgiving,” added an uncle. “And that’s drawing a hand turkey and feeling good about myself without thinking about the suffering and struggle of the Wampanoag people one bit.” The fact that he got to have his ill-advised gathering in the midst of an ongoing pandemic that was disproportionately devastating indigenous communities was just another detail that made this uncle feel that he was participating in a great national tradition. “I’m going to do what I’m going to do, and if they try to tell me I can’t, they’ve got another thing coming! This is America!” he said, stamping his foot for emphasis on what technically is Piscataway land.

“I’m just glad we’re getting back to the roots of this holiday, which is long-distance travel, vectors of disease and the devastation of families. I hated how Thanksgiving had evolved into a holiday where you were supposed to gather and have a political argument and leave without fearing you were carrying any disease to your community or others.'" He concluded by saying you could take the turkey from his cold, dead hands.

AD
Another opinion piece. I have opinions as well.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 10:09am   #69
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

People that quote CNN and WAPO opinion articles as facts:
Attached Images

Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 10:35am   #70
MikeB
Barn Stall Owner #115
Activity: 21.6%

Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,229 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $610854

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six
The Trump Cocktail was a miracle worker for me.

The day before I took it I had many of the symptoms including watching my oxygen levels drop steadily down to around 90 and holding... my blood pressure was 167/113 and pulse rate was 106. When blood oxygen is in the 80s and holding is where you get hospitalized.

Just two days after I started medication the only symptoms I had remaining were a low grade fever, very light sinus congestion and I was extremely tired. The blood oxygen was 94-97, blood pressure was 127/84 and pulse rate was in the low 70s.

I’ve since had a few bouts where the blood oxygen starts to dip downward but so far when I get back on the inhalers I am able to get it back into the normal range. Fever has been gone for about five or six days now.

This is Day 14.
Upon admission to the hospital, I was given 5 treatments of Remdesiver(sp), and 10 treatments of Betamaxisone(sp) steroids, only because these treatments were FDA approved. Each treatment was 1 per day. I was not offered the above presidential treatment, but I know The Donald also was given the same items I got.
I was released with external oxygen support only, and by searching
all types of medical reviews/reports, I'll be on oxygen for months to come (3 to 6 by most estimates). I can relax off oxygen @ 91-94% with 110 pulse, but as soon as I move, I go down into the mid 80s oxygen with a 120-125 pulse.
On oxygen at 2ml, I'm 95% resting(sitting in a chair), with a pulse in the 80s-90 range. Laying on my belly(a minimum 8 hours/day) produces 97% plus, and a pulse in the high 60s (normal pre-covid). One good thing that has happened; My hypertension (high BP) is non-existant (this is my pre-existing condition) I'm off BP meds for the past 3 weeks. BP is in the 120/80 range, +/- 10 points on either reading depending on rest/activity.
Excuse this diatribe if I'm repeating myself, but this shit is boring the hell out of me, and recouping is very slow.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 11:41am   #71
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.7%

Thanked 33,103 Times in 11,601 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
People that quote CNN and WAPO opinion articles as facts:
are ignorant trolls who should be banned from all social media forever.

Finished it for ya.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 11:48am   #72
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 14.0%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,520 Times in 7,258 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 12:42pm   #73
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,376 Times in 13,464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock427 View Post
That is (those are) just beautiful.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:47pm   #74
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 55.0%

Thanked 25,496 Times in 9,898 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Was it my imagination or did I see you in that crowd?

Too cold. it was 60 degrees outside.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:53pm   #75
Raazor
2020 Election Expert

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!

mur, pHrEd, and BP... stay away from Churches!!!!! The horror! The horror!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-c...aying-key-role

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday night blocked New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo from reimposing strict attendance caps at worship services in areas hit hard by the novel coronavirus.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:54pm   #76
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

I am not sure how the whole oxygen level thing works or is supposed to work, but this was my experience. I stayed at 97-98 for quite a while. Then I saw a dip in to the 95-96 range. I would force air in to my lungs. Expanding and drawing in as much air as I could possibly draw in. I would watch the oxygen monitor and it would dip to 94 and occasionally 93 (and start flashing as this is a low threshold). Immediately upon stopping the forced inhalation, the number would bounce up to 96 and 97 and stay. My expectation was actually the complete opposite. I expected more air meant more oxygen. That was not the case. However, by doing that forced breathing, I was able to increase and maintain high numbers for the entire 15 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 12:57pm   #77
Raazor
2020 Election Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I am not sure how the whole oxygen level thing works or is supposed to work, but this was my experience. I stayed at 97-98 for quite a while. Then I saw a dip in to the 95-96 range. I would force air in to my lungs. Expanding and drawing in as much air as I could possibly draw in. I would watch the oxygen monitor and it would dip to 94 and occasionally 93 (and start flashing as this is a low threshold). Immediately upon stopping the forced inhalation, the number would bounce up to 96 and 97 and stay. My expectation was actually the complete opposite. I expected more air meant more oxygen. That was not the case. However, by doing that forced breathing, I was able to increase and maintain high numbers for the entire 15 days.
Funny enough... low Oxygen levels are also associated with Influenza.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 1:02pm   #78
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
Funny enough... low Oxygen levels are also associated with Influenza.
And about 100 other ailments...but this year, all of that is unimportant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2020, 1:04pm   #79
Raazor
2020 Election Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
And about 100 other ailments...but this year, all of that is unimportant.
trooth. the good news is we've almost eradicated Influenza so one flu gone
Old 11-26-2020, 1:10pm   #80
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
trooth. the good news is we've almost eradicated Influenza so one flu gone
Last night on FB:

Why are flu and pneumonia numbers so low?

FB idiot: Because people are wearing masks

Then why aren't covid numbers low?

Same FB idiot: Because people don't follow rules or don't wear their masks properly.

Then why are flu numbers so low?

Same FB idiot: Duh, we have a vaccine for the flu.

But, we have had flu vaccines for decades

Same FB idiot: But now we have vaccines AND masks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic