Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2016, 5:41pm   #1
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 14.0%

Thanked 11,585 Times in 5,716 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default TV Fusion......

The old 42 in the LR started blanking out, and so after some messing around, hell with it, ordered a new one, 43 inch, it came in at local store last Tuesday, picked up, but not fired up until Wed AM, seemed fine, plugged stereo into some jacks that should have been audio output, like the old set.....as speakers in the sets are just trash.....listen thorough real speakers....

but there is no RCA output jacks anymore, I did not know that, some stupid digital output jack that looks like a button of some type.....anyway the old set had one of them and also the typical audio pin jacks so I return it to Walmart saying no sound ....set speakers worked but no sound into the amp.....

Trip up the road to Best Buy....another 43" set, but without any remote control 250 bux.....plenty of buttons on side......should be fine, messed with it for an hour...no go could not get the set activated without that all important remote....returned to BB.....credit coming through, just like the WM set above.....

Getting desperate, stopped by Sears....a 39" set for 240 bux......still stetting in the box on the kitchen floor Wife wanted a BIGGER screen, not a smaller one.....ok, I return it also tmrw AM....

Wife hits Walmart.com and finds a 50 inch for 319 bux...... so we upscale and this time I have to buy some sort of digital adaptor for the audio to plug into the stereo....another POS to worry over...WTF??? WHY???

So I place the online order and the Walmart bank calls me about 10 minits after it was rejected, gee I wonder why??? and so I gave WM another card for payment, order being processed deliver in a week at the store....

SO to find some sort of audio adaptor BS unneeded crap just for the education.....

buy/return THREE TV SETS, just to finally find one that BETTER GOD DAMN WELL FIT THE BILL AND WORK......hell of a way to spend the day.....but what else is left to go rong now????

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 5:52pm   #2
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

Yeah, progress sucks. My local Kroger Bistro/Deli has been enabling my Broccoli/Chicken addiction for months and today I get there for my fix and they've discontinued it, and replaced it with dry, shitty nuggets in a bottled orange sauce.

Progress can suck my colon.
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApexOversteer For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic