Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > National Event Discussion

National Event Discussion Discussion on Corvette related National Events

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2010, 5:04pm   #1
Icedancer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #83
Barn Raising II
Activity: 7.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000140
Default C5 / C6 Bash : 4/28 thru 5/1 - who's going?

It's that time of year again soon - Summer events at the NCM!

After flying or driving to 5 events at the NCM in 2009, I am going to cut back to 1 or 2 this year.

Sad to say (maybe), The Corvette Forum Cruise-In will not be one of them.
I can spend 4 days hanging out in a parking lot watching Corvette people drink beer a lot closer to home, and we actually do have some nice events on the west coast. The Big Bear Bash, Vettes on the Rockies, and some great Las Vegas events, to name a few.

After 5 consecutive years of attending the CF Cruise-In, I am going to pass this time around.

The C5/C6 bash is, IMHO, the best event of the year at the NCM.
C5/C6 Bash agenda

Looks like I will add a third consecutive C5 / C6 Bash dash plaque to my growing collection.

CYA there!

Icedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 6:33pm   #2
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,237 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Roy I don't blame ya, I'm not going to CI this year either. (one less beer-drinking person to watch).

Last year was a disappointment, attendance WAY down, and based on the current replies on the CF Nat'l events, have no reason to suspect this year could possibly be any better.

Not sorry I went, still many good friends I spent time with, but nothing at all like it was 3-4 years ago.

The C5/6 bash always sounds like fun, but just too early in the season for me. I'm gearing up for Carlisle this year if I make it to any big event.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59pm   #3
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $720
Default hi

Hi Tom, not sure if ya remember me or not. We met down at Mid America Funfest back a year ago. Anyways to add to this thread, your not missing anything from the CF Cruise In. I only live an hour away and made it last year. I agree completely with ya. Attendance way WAY down and definitely not worth it. I couldn't believe it. The C5/C6 Bash put the CFCIX to shame. I would say at least 5 times as many people and cars. I would recommend that event first to anybody who is making a trip. Maybe this forum will gather enough people and get us back to what the forum was all about and is more personal with meeting up with people and less rules and garbage.
XtremeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 4:30pm   #4
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14

Thanked 5,024 Times in 2,237 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
Hi Tom, not sure if ya remember me or not. We met down at Mid America Funfest back a year ago. Anyways to add to this thread, your not missing anything from the CF Cruise In. I only live an hour away and made it last year. I agree completely with ya. Attendance way WAY down and definitely not worth it. I couldn't believe it.
Hi Jeff, yes I remember you, and yes I recall seeing your car at the NCM during CI last year. I was there, but my car wasn't, I rode down with a friend in his 08 Z06 for a little change of pace.

I actually didn't mind that at all, was quite nice to arrive in Bowling Green, and not have to immediately worry about getting the car cleaned up from the 8 hour trip.

We stopped in at the NCM on car show day, and we couldn't believe it. There were what, maybe 20 cars there total?
5-6 years ago, that parking lot would have been nearly filled.

I'd probably still go to CI this year if I lived as close as you do, but otherwise, this is the first year I really have no interest in going. Used to be the highlight event of the season for me, now meh, I just ain't feeling it.

Maybe one of these years I'll make it down for the bash.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:45pm   #5
Cajundude@EnglandGreen
Charter Member
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100900

Roy, you coming to Dallas?
Cajundude@EnglandGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > National Event Discussion