Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2020, 2:32pm   #881
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 13,477, Level: 80
Activity: 3.4%
 
bsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,350
Thanks: 352
Thanked 769 Times in 438 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Better question is, why did a different opinion cause a ****ing mob mentality? I didnít attack anybody, just presented an alternate perspective based on facts like post history.

You came to a forum that is frequented by several people that have had run-ins with certain other people at cf...that have left (at least in part) because of those people.
And you're surprised that your little contrarian act isn't going over well?

Makes sense.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsmith For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:32pm   #882
DJ_Critterus
Stall Owner #1120.2520
Points: 59,107, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6%
 
DJ_Critterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge.
Posts: 25,753
Thanks: 9,083
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,839 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9014994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I just don't ****ing care anymore. I have a brand new yellow pad for 2020.
O.K. this made me spit water through my nose.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:33pm   #883
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
Jezzus Doug!! You exaggerate!! Arguing with one or two people is not a "****ing mob mentality"
Well then weíll have to agree to disagree, if you go back to ground zero youíll see at least 5 to 8 people who jumped on me because they didnít like my opinion.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:34pm   #884
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I just don't ****ing care anymore. I have a brand new yellow pad for 2020.
Sage
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UniqueDoug For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:35pm   #885
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 43,483, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 18,846
Thanks: 6,588
Thanked 8,795 Times in 4,043 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $89168
Default

Arguing with Doug is like buying a drink for an alcoholic.
We should have more consideration for his situation.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:36pm   #886
MadInNc
A Real Barner
Points: 18,487, Level: 93
Activity: 99.1%
 
MadInNc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 3,413
Thanks: 1,513
Thanked 1,684 Times in 796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Don't forget to tell him to eat his bag of dicks, too.
....
Attached Thumbnails
449D9707-118F-4ADE-92BD-FA7EDAD73F6A.jpeg  

MadInNc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:37pm   #887
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
You came to a forum that is frequented by several people that have had run-ins with certain other people at cf...that have left (at least in part) because of those people.
And you're surprised that your little contrarian act isn't going over well?

Makes sense.
First, itís not an act, it was a genuine attempt at an honest conversation, that could possibly help the health of both forums going forward. But obviously that ship has sailed. Iíll tell you this, I was the same ole UD last night, but some light certainly was shown on other members and what they would say over a difference of opinion.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UniqueDoug For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:39pm   #888
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
[UD] Show me the particular post that was taken seriously, which fuggers took it seriously, the topic that was taken seriously, and also how serious it was taken[/UD]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Arguing with Doug is like buying a drink for an alcoholic.
We should have more consideration for his situation.
Ready to move on and drop it yet, or do you still have a few more passive comments in your arsenal?
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:42pm   #889
DJ_Critterus
Stall Owner #1120.2520
Points: 59,107, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6%
 
DJ_Critterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge.
Posts: 25,753
Thanks: 9,083
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,839 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9014994
Default



How about you both just call it quits? It's getting old and I damn near replied to a CFOT thread for a change of topic
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:44pm   #890
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 3,184, Level: 36
Activity: 91.8%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 201
Thanked 979 Times in 463 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4586
Default

I just want to state unequivocally that if any of you thought that I inferred that some of you had implied that an assumption was made regarding a bunch of petty bullshit, that I most certainly did not. Don't bother to go back to look for any inferences, implications, assumptions, assertations, equivocations, missed metaphors, or split infinitives, because the mob here will simply tell you to **** off.

I hope this clears up all of the "loose ends" involving my involvement with anything seen as possibly being unseemly. If not, please report immediately to the complaint department, and wait for someone there to assist you.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:44pm   #891
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 43,483, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 18,846
Thanks: 6,588
Thanked 8,795 Times in 4,043 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $89168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
First, itís not an act, it was a genuine attempt at an honest conversation, that could possibly help the health of both forums going forward. But obviously that ship has sailed. Iíll tell you this, I was the same ole UD last night, but some light certainly was shown on other members and what they would say over a difference of opinion.
This forum's health is not in question and not in need of your gallant efforts.

You don't want honest conversation. You want conflict. You want to take the opposite point of view. You accuse others of not liking YOUR answers when in fact it is the exact opposite. I am struggling to maintain social skills of any kind when responding to you. You are wrong in saying people want you to leave, but you would be right if you said people want you to STFU... and I don't mean that in the "Koko" sense of the word(s) either.

I think you actually don't know any other method of communicating. I'm not buying the alcoholic his drink.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:45pm   #892
DJ_Critterus
Stall Owner #1120.2520
Points: 59,107, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6%
 
DJ_Critterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge.
Posts: 25,753
Thanks: 9,083
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,839 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9014994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I just want to state unequivocally that if any of you thought that I inferred that some of you had implied that an assumption was made regarding a bunch of petty bullshit, that I most certainly did not. Don't bother to go back to look for any inferences, implications, assumptions, assertations, equivocations, missed metaphors, or split infinitives, because the mob here will simply tell you to **** off.

I hope this clears up all of the "loose ends" involving my involvement with anything seen as possibly being unseemly. If not, please report immediately to the complaint department, and wait for someone there to assist you.
a huge STFU has been sent to you via PM
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:46pm   #893
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 43,483, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 18,846
Thanks: 6,588
Thanked 8,795 Times in 4,043 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $89168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Ready to move on and drop it yet, or do you still have a few more passive comments in your arsenal?
When I'm speaking to you, you'll know it. Likewise when I am speaking about you. I don't consider either very passive. If I wanted to be passive I'd send PMs instead.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:48pm   #894
Rikki Z-06
A Real Barner
Points: 6,446, Level: 55
Activity: 99.6%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 7,710
Thanks: 6,094
Thanked 1,106 Times in 691 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Hey look itís the guy that thanked nearly every damn post against me last night and today, with more fringe engagement. So you ready to drop it?
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:50pm   #895
96 Vette CE
A Real Barner
Points: 5,475, Level: 50
Activity: 8.4%
 
96 Vette CE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice
Posts: 1,178
Thanks: 607
Thanked 829 Times in 337 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
First, itís not an act, it was a genuine attempt at an honest conversation, that could possibly help the health of both forums going forward. But obviously that ship has sailed. Iíll tell you this, I was the same ole UD last night, but some light certainly was shown on other members and what they would say over a difference of opinion.


I was still hungover from New Year's Eve and you fuggers were here arguing with each other?



96 Vette CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:50pm   #896
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
This forum's health is not in question and not in need of your gallant efforts.
Really, so itís just fine, so the fact that thereís a handful of threads about CFOT on the front page means everythingĎs fine, or the fact that theyíre still in-fighting going on, like with you and Snorkie, what about the fact that you all canít even see each otherĎs posts, everything is just fine huh?

Quote:
...You don't want honest conversation. You want conflict. You want to take the opposite point of view. You accuse others of not liking YOUR answers when in fact it is the exact opposite. I am struggling to maintain social skills of any kind when responding to you. You are wrong in saying people want you to leave, but you would be right if you said people want you to STFU... and I don't mean that in the "Koko" sense of the word(s) either.

I think you actually don't know any other method of communicating. I'm not buying the alcoholic his drink.
This is typical Aerovette, youíll buddy up to me on PM the other week, thanking me for being on your side when you didnít have a voice, and opening up to me, but in public it sure is a different story.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:53pm   #897
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 43,483, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 18,846
Thanks: 6,588
Thanked 8,795 Times in 4,043 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $89168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Really, so itís just fine, so the fact that thereís a handful of threads about CFOT on the front page means everythingĎs fine, or the fact that theyíre still in-fighting going on, like with you and Snorkie, what about the fact that you all canít even see each otherĎs posts, everything is just fine huh?



This is typical Aerovette, youíll buddy up to me on PM other week, thanking me for being on your side, and opening up to me, but in public it sure is a different story.
Yes, the health is just fine doctor. You are dismissed...in more ways than one.

Holy ****. Can you not comprehend that sometimes you are a dick and other times you aren't? I am willing to talk to non-dick Doug. The other guy can go fuk himself...like now.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:53pm   #898
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
When I'm speaking to you, you'll know it. Likewise when I am speaking about you. I don't consider either very passive. If I wanted to be passive I'd send PMs instead.
Well thereís one of the disconnects, when you are speaking about somebody itís considered passive aggression, especially when you have their name in your mouth. Pretty simple concept.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 2:55pm   #899
DJ_Critterus
Stall Owner #1120.2520
Points: 59,107, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6%
 
DJ_Critterus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge.
Posts: 25,753
Thanks: 9,083
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,839 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9014994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I am willing to talk to non-dick Doug.
I can't be the only one who thought of that foreign exchange student from 16 Candles named Long Duck Dong when reading that.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 2:55pm   #900
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 9,855, Level: 68
Activity: 51.3%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 516
Thanked 421 Times in 198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Yes, the health is just fine doctor. You are dismissed...in more ways than one.

Holy ****. Can you not comprehend that sometimes you are a dick and other times you aren't? I am willing to talk to non-dick Doug. The other guy can go fuk himself...like now.
And holy f-ck, all these years and you donít realize itís a complete package? This is nothing new between us. Yet every time you find yourself in the same situation, where you feel compelled to tell me to **** off after initially deciding to engage me on your own free will.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:06pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page