Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 7:04am   #161
stingraymyway
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $424870

So tragic and sad.
Old 06-14-2014, 7:14am   #162
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 7,179 Times in 3,520 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $43590365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Fast Bruce said "I have no respect for someone who kills his wife, HE's A MURDERER!"
Pewter erased that post and posted "apparently a few of you cannot take a hint..."

If you know Fast Bruce's history, he got f'd over big time in a nasty divorce leaving him homeless and broke. He didn't resort to that. He's a genuinely nice guy, from my dealings with him.
Those freakin' cops stick together, even when murder is involved...It makes me sick.
On the bright side, Pewter will be sending us more members.
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 7:15am   #163
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Thread locked over there...
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 7:40am   #164
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

The mistake I see people making is trying to analyze and draw conclusions through a filter of rational, logical thought. You can't do that in the case of someone who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. The inner workings of a mind like that are beyond the reach of normal, rational human beings.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 7:53am   #165
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Repo can be a real dick sometimes.
His opinions are just as valid as anyone else's but he resorts to name calling when he disagrees with someone else.
Shame shame.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 7:55am   #166
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
The mistake I see people making is trying to analyze and draw conclusions through a filter of rational, logical thought. You can't do that in the case of someone who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. The inner workings of a mind like that are beyond the reach of normal, rational human beings.
Truth be told, there are a lot of whack jobs over there.
My instincts are to stay away from "odd" situations, so I stopped posting over there a few years back.
I have really good instincts, apparently...
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 8:08am   #167
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Truth be told, there are a lot of whack jobs over there.
My instincts are to stay away from "odd" situations, so I stopped posting over there a few years back.

I have really good instincts, apparently...
Maybe not years As most of you allready know Internet Brands Has sold this place... - Corvette Forum

Your history says otherwise
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 8:32am   #168
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Activity: 9.0%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,117 Times in 5,352 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

At this point, everything is speculation. For what it's worth, these are my thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
If your wife decided to bail, why would she be sleeping in your bed? I'm betting it's ALL about money. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJohn View Post
And her co-workers would have known if she had moved out.
Quote:
There's that too.
Maybe he was delegated to the couch? Or maybe she knew of his instability and wasn't going to rock the boat by moving out of the bedroom or asking him to do so. Try and keep the peace until she could find a place of her own and move out?

Also, I believe that she was still married/living her abusive (now) ex husband when Dan met her and they began dating. She has a history of not leaving an abusive situation. At least not right away. Not making a judgement here, just pointing out that this seems to be a pattern. So, I'm not surprised that they were still living under the same roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
If he could kill her; then he never did realize what was most important.

He considered her as property, not as a person.
In the end, she was just something else he accumulated. I believe that he loved her, but she wasn't a person with her own identity...SHE was HIS wife. That's all she was. If she wasn't going to be his wife any longer, well, that was just not acceptable.

I'm sure that worsened as he became more isolated in his retirement AND after he had sold all his other toys. These were the things (in his mind) that defined him, specifically the material things. From his perspective, she was probably all he had left. Now she wants to leave him? No, that wasn't going to happen.

Quote:
Is this possible? I have no idea. Can you make it into your mid 50's and then become schizophrenic? Wouldn't there be SOME signs through the years?
It's hard to believe that there were absolutely no signs of any mental illness in his everyday life. Many of us identified something a bit 'off' just by his postings...and we had never even met him.

Certainly, it can be made worse by specific stressors. However, I would imagine that it had manifested itself here and there over the years. I suspect that there are probably coworkers, friends and family that have seen or suspected mental illness for much, much longer than the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
No.
He met the criteria and took early retirement since he could stay on Priscilla's insurance until medicare.
He forced his former boss into retirement.
Looking back, I now find this very suspect.

He retired 3 years ago at 53? Most public employee pensions will pay something like 90% of your salary - for life - at 33+ years of service, AFTER you pass age 55. Pretty standard...specially only being qualified to collect your full pension (highest percentage of annual salary allowed) after age 55.

He voluntarily retires at just over 30 years of service, just shy of hitting the age of 55? After 30 years, what's another few years of service when it will increase your annual (pension) salary by several thousand per year?

Not to mention that...they had plans on building the new house. Why didn't he participate in the DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Plan) program? Colorado has it. Most officers walk away with hundreds of thousands of dollars (lump payment) at the end of their participation in DROP. That's not an exaggeration. DROP seems like a no-brainer for someone that's thinking about building a new home. Early retirement when you're about to build a new home? That doesn't make any sense.

Stranger things have happened, but the notion that his early retirement came voluntarily just doesn't sit right. It doesn't seem like a logical choice that would be made VOLUNTARILY. Especially when I think about him talking about his conflicts with the (at the time) new Chief of Police.

I never had a problem with Dan. I didn't participated in the pile-on. I actually felt sorry for him, as he seemed to try so hard for validation from others...from strangers. We all do to an extent, I guess, but his was to the extreme. When you are searching so badly for attention and validation from external sources, there's something missing within/at home. I think a lot of us identified that long ago.

While I will not say anything outwardly hostile or disparaging of him, I will also not dismiss what he did: Priscilla went to bed and went to sleep. Whatever was going on in his mind...he sat awake and festered over it. There was no arguing going on. This was no 'heat of the moment' crime. He sat. Thinking. Growing angry and upset about his awful life, whether real or perceived.

What happened next? He went and got his gun, walked to the bedroom, stood over her as she slept, deliberately pointed the gun at her and shot her in the head. AS SHE SLEPT.

He felt he had no future, but killing himself was not going to cut it. He made DAMN sure that she wouldn't have one, either. THAT is reality.

I will not hurl insults or call him names. I will not hope for the damnation of his soul, as others have done. However, I won't be swayed by his apologists, either.
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 8:34am   #169
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 89.6%

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,924 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

The hypocrisy of so many over there is sickening!

The treatment he received online was, well not very nice IMO! Yes, he was stuck on himself and all the goodies, including his wife. But the relentless beating in my opinion contributed to his decline in mental state!

I'm NOT condoning his final act, but come on.........

REPEAT:Scan the older thread linked here above, read post #64
For those of you that think Im an - Corvette Forum

Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 8:39am   #170
Fastguy
Barn Stall Owner #92
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,401 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7534993

Well said NAV. I woke up today and this event is the first thing that popped in my head. Definitely making me reflect and see how fortunate I am for my own life.
Fastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fastguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 8:53am   #171
stingraymyway
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $424870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona92 View Post

The treatment he received online was, well not very nice IMO! Yes, he was stuck on himself and all the goodies, including his wife. But the relentless beating in my opinion contributed to his decline in mental state!

The thing is, cyber bullying can be stopped by doing one thing......stepping away from the computer and staying away from sites that are hostile.
Old 06-14-2014, 8:54am   #172
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I'm gonna challenge this a little. But I'm of relatively sound mind. Relatively.

Yes, sometimes people get beat on when participating in online forums. Sometimes it's warranted, other times maybe not so much. Have I gotten pissed off at some of the comments in this forum? Certainly. To say I just brush it off would be untrue. Sometimes things people say do piss you off.

Here's where the relatively sound mind part comes in; I'm fairly certain I understand who and what I am. When I walk away from this computer, I leave this place behind and carry on with my life. I don't truck some shitty comments around with me all day.

If someones mental state was compromised your scenario could impact them.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 9:00am   #173
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Activity: 9.0%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,117 Times in 5,352 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona92 View Post

Dan was an instigator, just like many others. Maybe his attitude had changed. Maybe he no longer wanted to have that persona attached to him. However, when that's what you present yourself as - for years - it's hard to shake that. If he felt like he was being hounded, he could have sent a PM asking them to stop, he could have reported the behavior to the Mods or he could have avoided CF all together.

Even in the thread you posted, he was publicly airing his dirty laundry. And by virtue of his initial post in that very thread, he knew what the perception of him was. Only now, it was no longer perception. By his own admission, it was reality and had extended into his real life.

Tell me: What exactly was the purpose of that thread? He wasn't humbling himself in that thread. It was a self-serving thread. He posted it as a gesture to Priscilla solely for the purpose of trying to win her affection back. That slice of humble pie was not posted in humility. It was posted out of desperation. Big difference. While I don't condone some of the comments made, people were calling it out for what it was.

Well, guess what? If the complaint (from her) was that he was seeking validation from strangers on an Internet forum, that thread just reinforced everything point she was trying to make. It's like...are you fecking kidding me? One of my points of contention was that forum...and the first thing you do is run there to post about our failing marriage?

Do you see where I'm going with this?
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 9:00am   #174
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Is this possible? I have no idea. Can you make it into your mid 50's and then become schizophrenic? Wouldn't there be SOME signs through the years?
That is something he would have lived with since his youth. Sounds like his son is making a subconscious excuse he can live with.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joecooool For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 9:09am   #175
87 Ragtop
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $992590

Quote:
Originally Posted by island14 View Post
Kwil dug this up..

Wow!

A thread Dan started about suicide..

The last voice he heard was an angel's - Corvette Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
That's a prophetic thread from a year ago... where Dan said several times he'd never commit suicide if Priscilla left him.

The last voice he heard was an angel's - Corvette Forum
Reading that thread was just morbid. He should have reread it. Just a tragic situation.
87 Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 9:12am   #176
Voytek
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $581

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Thread locked over there...
Just registered.
Voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Voytek For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 9:16am   #177
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,069 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
This whole thing still blows my mind. One thing that came to thought is that he would not want to go to prison because it is likely that he would run into former customers there and have a rough time.

Regardless, he did the chickenshit thing by taking someone else out because of his own problems.

I feel sorry for their friends and families.
Priscilla's family was in corrections.
As a child, her family was held hostage by inmates... Her father was warden. I don't remember the end result of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post

Looking back, I now find this very suspect.

He retired 3 years ago at 53? Most public employee pensions will pay something like 90% of your salary - for life - at 33+ years of service, AFTER you pass age 55. Pretty standard...specially only being qualified to collect your full pension (highest percentage of annual salary allowed) after age 55.

He voluntarily retires at just over 30 years of service, just shy of hitting the age of 55? After 30 years, what's another few years of service when it will increase your annual (pension) salary by several thousand per year?

Not to mention that...they had plans on building the new house. Why didn't he participate in the DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Plan) program? Colorado has it. Most officers walk away with hundreds of thousands of dollars (lump payment) at the end of their participation in DROP. That's not an exaggeration. DROP seems like a no-brainer for someone that's thinking about building a new home. Early retirement when you're about to build a new home? That doesn't make any sense.

Stranger things have happened, but the notion that his early retirement came voluntarily just doesn't sit right. It doesn't seem like a logical choice that would be made VOLUNTARILY. Especially when I think about him talking about his conflicts with the (at the time) new Chief of Police.
He talked about how his retirement was unlike most police.
He said there was no monthly payout for life, he retired with an account that he has to manage and make it last the rest of his life.
I don't think the conflicts were with the new chief.
He painted the picture that he got the chief he served under fired after he retired.
He met with the mayor and got the ball rolling.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 9:17am   #178
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voytek View Post
Just registered.
NooB
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 9:17am   #179
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,248 Times in 10,513 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voytek View Post
Just registered.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 9:23am   #180
Fastguy
Barn Stall Owner #92
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,401 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7534993

I think NAV is my long lost sister. Saying exactly what i was thinking but with much more articulation.

Bsmith, you are the like the forum historian, ****er remembers everything.
Fastguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastguy For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic