Old 01-17-2017, 6:28pm   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 88.8%

Thanked 41,265 Times in 17,159 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Unhappy Latest Disrupt J20 Plans: Stop the Trains and Take the Bridges.....Sirius

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 6:33pm   #2
NavyC5
Barn Stall Owner #85
Activity: 1.6%

Thanked 1,432 Times in 496 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $109805

Can someone explain to me how these people aren't in jail?
NavyC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 6:34pm   #3
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461

I don't think chains will work...
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 6:39pm   #4
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
I don't think chains will work...
I think they will, but not in the way these people think. Ever seen a winch cable break? Chain break? Anyone in the path of that broken chain or cable will be severely injured or killed, and the resulting chaos would be a de facto shut down of the station.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 9:29am   #5
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461

And don't forget they recommend "throat punching" Trump supporters.
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:58am   #6
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Oh come on guys...really? This is the same website (Project Veritas) that had unsubstantiated undercover video of guys planning to disrupt the inauguration with acid. He's producing all this outlandish shit so that he can get more traffic on his website.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 12:21pm   #7
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Oh come on guys...really? This is the same website (Project Veritas) that had unsubstantiated undercover video of guys planning to disrupt the inauguration with acid. He's producing all this outlandish shit so that he can get more traffic on his website.

Uncovering evidence of a criminal conspiracy and self promotion are not mutually exclusive. Of course he wants to generate more traffic to his website, and thus, make more money. That doesn't mean the footage is fake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 12:28pm   #8
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Uncovering evidence of a criminal conspiracy and self promotion are not mutually exclusive. Of course he wants to generate more traffic to his website, and thus, make more money. That doesn't mean the footage is fake.
Knock yourself out there General. Far be it from me to get between you and the latest black helicopter theory.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:31pm   #9
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,553 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Knock yourself out there General. Far be it from me to get between you and the latest black helicopter theory.
They are NOT black, they are dark gray.......

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 6:07pm   #10
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
That's your choice. As I said in another post about these same characters, come back and talk to me when a more legitimate (yes, I know, subjective term) media outlet picks up the story.
Old 01-18-2017, 6:46pm   #11
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
That's your choice. As I said in another post about these same characters, come back and talk to me when a more legitimate (yes, I know, subjective term) media outlet picks up the story.
The Oathkeepers seem to think the threat is real. You remember those guys, right? The ones that kept businesses from being burned in Ferguson, MO? The same ones that showed up to help keep Trump rallies safe?

https://www.oathkeepers.org/oath-kee...-inauguration/

Quote:
....So, they are planning to commit arson and assault against police, and still they are free to carry on with their plans. After being caught “red-handed” on video, the leftists attempted to explain it away as an intentional “just playing along” counter-sting, but in addition to Project Veritas’ rebuttal, we can confirm that this assertion is patently false. Oath Keepers is assisting Project Veritas with their investigation of the various organizations that may threaten the safety of participants in events associated with the Presidential Inauguration. We can verify many of the details provided in the Project Veritas reports thru our own initiative codenamed “Operation Hypo”. As stated above, we provided that information and evidence to the police independent of the Project Veritas effort, but our work fully supports what Project Veritas is reporting. We have also offered to provide Project Veritas with volunteer security and personnel protection assistance, as our way of supporting their mission.

The fact is, the leftist extremists groups do plan to commit criminal acts, including criminal assault, that do rise to the level of terrorism. In addition, three weapons caches, with pistols, rifles, homemade suppressors, and ammunition were discovered near American University, where DisruptJ20 is training leftist agitators to disrupt the Inauguration. Just a coincidence? Does this kind of thing happen all the time around American University? Hardly....
Old 01-18-2017, 11:55pm   #12
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
The Oathkeepers seem to think the threat is real. You remember those guys, right? The ones that kept businesses from being burned in Ferguson, MO? The same ones that showed up to help keep Trump rallies safe?
I read several stories about how the Oath Keepers were in Ferguson, but I didn't see a whole lot about what they actually did...aside from standing on rooftops with high powered rifles and walking around the streets with camo vests. And there was still rioting. And if they showed up to keep the Trump rallies safe, they didn't do much because violence still broke out.

(I'd also bet $100 that none of these Oath Keeper guys has or will ever level his gun at someone and take a shot for breaking a store window or rioting. Again...that's my opinion).

And anyway, this isn't about the Oath Keepers or their opinions (or the fact that I don't give a shit about them one way or another). This is about the fact that I think this whole story is concocted or flimsy at best and I don't think a damn thing is going to happen at the Inauguration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Guess that depends on what one defines as "more legitimate media outlet".

I don't trust any of the nation MSM (CNN, MSBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc...).
I'm sure you don't trust the MSM, which is why...if you had quoted me AS WRITTEN...you would understand that I realize that everyone has a different opinion of what is considered legitimate media and I thereby used the term "subjective." I can tell you that I don't consider "Bob's World News" or any of the other sources so commonly quoted or linked to in here as anything I'd call legit. But apparently there are a lot of people who enjoy reading that sort of fourth-hand regurgitated crap. More power to 'em.
Old 01-20-2017, 9:09pm   #13
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Default Update!

Quote:
Police: Arrested activist featured in Project Veritas inauguration video

By Andrea Noble - The Washington Times - Friday, January 20, 2017

DisruptJ20 protesters dismissed as a joke an undercover Project Veritas video showing activists supposedly planning to shut down Thursday night’s DeploraBall by setting off smoke bombs or the sprinkler system — but D.C. police weren’t buying it.

The 34-year-old man arrested Thursday night for conspiracy to commit assault at the event was among the activists featured in the undercover video released this week, according to court documents made public on Friday.

Scott Ryan Charney was one of the three men caught on camera discussing plans to set off fire alarms and spray Butyric acid — an ingredient commonly used in stink bombs — at the National Press Club, where the party for Donald Trump supporters was held Thursday night. In the Project Veritas video, Mr. Charney is identified as Scott Green, the documents state.

SEE ALSO: Video shows anti-Trump activists plotting to set off stink bombs, sprinklers at inaugural fetes

Project Veritas this week publicly released an undercover video taken Dec. 18 that shows three men associated with the D.C. Antifascist Coalition and DisruptJ20 group discussing plans to disrupt the DeploraBall.

After the release of the video, DisruptJ20 organizers said the activists in the undercover video figured out the Project Veritas investigator was a plant and “gave him false information about … what they felt was the most humorous red herring available: a false plot to use stink bombs at an event called the Deploraball with the so-called ‘Alt-Right.’”

Court documents state that police relied on the video turned over to investigators on Tuesday by the unidentified witness as well as emails sent between protest organizers when they filed the criminal charge against Mr. Charney. The court documents do not indicate how the emails were obtained, but state that Mr. Charney wrote to several individuals that he had conducted reconnaissance at the National Press Club, and believed the the group “would be able to accomplish their objective ‘with no negative consequences for our side, nor any collateral damage.’”

Mr. Charney “went on to further discuss that more people would be needed inside the building to carry out their plans,” according to the court documents. The email message states that the group would further discuss the plans in person.
Police were looking for the two other men, identified as Luke Kuhn and Colin Dunn in the video, but officials said they have not been taken into custody.
Mr. Charney was arraigned on the charges in D.C. Superior Court Friday, as President Trump was being sworn into office.

He pled not guilty to the misdemeanor charge and was released from custody on the condition he stay away from the inauguration zone throughout the rest of the weekend.

Attorney Elise Haldane said Friday that her client had pled not guilty and had no further comment about the charges.

Copyright © 2017 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Police: Arrested activist Scott Ryan Charney featured in Project Veritas inauguration video - Washington Times
Old 01-22-2017, 2:36am   #14
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

And as I correctly predicted, absolutely nothing happened at the Inauguration. It went off without a hitch and even the protesters were kept several blocks away.

The guy getting arrested by D.C. police is the same thing as if I were in line to take a flight and started talking about bombs on the aircraft. Even though I didn't have one, I'd be arrested and charged.

A made-up story.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion