User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 10:19pm   #1
kschabow
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $510
Default For Sale: 1974 Corvette L82 4-speed for $11,000

Hi, I am Ken and this is my 1974 Chevrolet Corvette L82 with a 4-speed manual transmission. "Widowmaker" has been a wonderful car to me. I don't really want to sell her, but I must in order to afford my dream car, which is now within reach if I also sell my current cars.

I bought this Corvette 6 years ago, and made many memories with the car. I still remember how I felt when I first bought it... amazed at the visceral view from that impossibly long red hood.

There are a few things wrong with the car, and many things right. The tachometer, odometer, and clock are non-functional (I tried to fix them but they need to be rebuilt), the fuel pump starts to choke if you go over 80mph, the bumpers obviously have cracks in them, and there are a few little nicks in the paint in various spots. The rear bumper just decided to start uninstalling itself, right as I decided to put the car up for sale! I guess it has a personality all of its own, or you know, Michigan roads. My girlfriend says my Corvette has the super rare "TTE" bumper. Anyway, I'm leaving the bumpers for the new owner to decide which bumper kit to go with. You could easily get that repaired in time for the next Woodward Dream Cruise.

Speaking of Woodward, I have taken the Vette to the world's largest parking lot, and she did not overheat.

The L82 package has 285 lb-fts of torque. It is the highest performing 350 for 1974, which still had dual exhaust. Speaking of exhaust, it's brand new, and aluminum. I got the fancy exhaust even though I know I am selling the car, because I wanted it done right. Widowmaker also sports new brakes and suspension components that were replaced last year. This car drives like new. There are no squeaks or rattles.

This is a real drivers car. As far as I know, it's the original drivetrain. I've never attempted to verify the previous owner's claim because I frankly don't care. I buy cars to enjoy driving them. This Vette has a Hurst shifter and non-original wheels. The T-tops give you the convertible experience without sacrificing structural rigidity or adding weight. This thing hugs corners. Not like a hesitant hug with your mother-in-law. More like a "you haven't seen your lady in a long time" hug. Take this to Huron River Drive out to Dexter and you'll see what I mean.

Widowmaker gets attention anywhere she goes. Prepare to be a movie star when you get gas.

I've put 200-300 miles on the car each year I've owned it. It truly is a pleasure to drive. I hope the next owner enjoys Widowmaker as much as I have. You really can take this car anywhere. I often take her to Ann Arbor, I've taken her to Chicago, etc. It's always a fun adventure and there really isn't another driving experience like it!

A couple things: I am not in a financial bind, so please don't lowball me. I'll accept offers in person. I am not interested in trades, either.

I'm asking $11,000 OBO. If I get around to fixing the rear bumper, the price will jump to $12,000 OBO. I am also selling my 1967 Plymouth Barracuda fastback.
Attached Thumbnails
01515_j4IbFiEAoD0_1200x900.jpg  

00W0W_9xOdeBvqbkh_1200x900.jpg  

00o0o_jLRbcVYYWHp_1200x900.jpg  

00p0p_jhNLPW9FH7T_1200x900.jpg  

00C0C_aCPKdMGGepe_1200x900.jpg  

00C0C_lDMAloElWWm_1200x900.jpg  

kschabow is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C3 Corvette > C3 Classifieds