Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2011, 2:36am   #1
Speed Racer
Barn Raising I,II,III
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1074
Default Help in Virginia Beach!

Mike and I are at our wits ends dealing with Rose and Womble Property management out here in Virginia Beach!

We moved into this decent home out here that we both really liked. We didn't have much time to really find/buy a place b/c the kids had to start school in like a week. We find this house and move in August 31. On August 31, the property manager Vidi calls and asks about the electric to see if we had a chance to turn it over into our names. I said yes, but I will call to double check and tell her there is something wrong with the microwave, it is making a funny sound and the exhust isn't working. She said, "It has always made that sound" then hangs up. So Mike and I write it along with the other things in the home on the check-in/check-out sheet. I left her a voicemail/message that the electric is in our name and if she calls me back I will give her the confermation #, but the microwave needs to be looked out I think it is not functional and the exhust fan is not working at all. A week goes by so I call again. I am told she isn't in the office yet, so I left another message. This continues for over a month. Meanwhile, the for rent sign and keylock are still out in the yard and on the door.
One morning at 7:30am my doorbell rings I run downstairs and open the door, to see her removing the sign and key lock devise. My neighbors witnessed this going down. Another week goes by the dishwasher is still acting funny, then the back yard light starts flickering. I call and leave a message again. NO RESPONSE! SO I finally call and ask to speak to her boss...go figure he is also out of the office for 2 days, well another week goes by and he calls me back. I explained to him what has been going on. And I swear to GOD he defended her as if he was ****ing her personally! He stated that she was returning our phone calls and he has proof, then when I questioned what kind of proof because I have both Mike and I's phone records from the companies themself's proving otherwise and he said well she said she had proof I don't have it with me. Then he stated that she would not do anything before 8am, and when I stated that I have witnesses not only in my house, but my neighbors he argued with me that I was wrong it had to be right at 8am...my defense then I wouldn't have heard the doorbell or seen her because I would have been at the bus stop with my kid. I informed him of how long we had been waiting to have someone to come out and look at the microwave at a minium. Two days later I get a phone call from an electrian setting up an appointment to look at the garage, I informed him there is nothing wrong with the garage that the microwave and dishwasher aren't woring properly. He states that he has to come out any ways. Then the next day I get a call from a small appliance company to look at the microwave. I schedule them both for that Friday.
Friday morning at like 8:30 the electrian stops by checks the wiring in the house and says it is not our fault and that the microwave and dishwasher both went out at the same time. He said that is not his area to work on, I said there was a small appliance guy coming by latter on and he can deal with it. The small appliance guy shows up and says yep the microwave is broke and removes it. This leaving a gapping hole in my kitchen that leads outside from the exhust opening. That was over 3 almost 4 full weeks ago!
We have called each week and left a message for her or someone to call us back for an update. STILL NO RETURN CALL! Still no clue when the dishwasher is going to be looked at either!
So we opened our mail today that came yesterday and we got a $85 bill for having an electrian come out to the house. According to the unsigned letter from Vidi we caused a short so we are to pay this by the first of the month or nasty threats. In the envolope there is a copy of the invoice, stating that there is not electrical short in the house and NOTHING saying it was our fault and that the dishwasher needs to be replaced along with the microwave. Our lease states that any repair under $50 that Mike and I are reponsible for. Last time I checked $85 was over $50...We were complaining about this upon move in so therefore we feel we do not owe them the $85.

My thing now is does anybody know enough about what actions we can do? We still have not spoken with Vidi since August 31st, via phone, email, in person, nothing! Our lease says that we can't with-hold rent for any reason. I am scared that Base legal is just going to play the whole "we can't get involved" bit that I have heard them use before. I don't know what to do. Its not like I want to tell our kids, hey sorry you don't get a good Christmas because we have to retain a lawyer and pay out the butt to get this resolved. The crazy thing that just pissy's me more off is they get paid almost $200 a month to manage this property and the dumb bitch can't do her ****ing job!!! Grr!!! She has been caught in lies after lies and her boss told me that she has been with the company like 12 years and he has never had a problem...No she is too busy lying, falsifying shit probably...Grr!!! Thanks for letting me vent!

(By the way so that I can bash/blast the negative word out, that would be ROSE & WOMBLE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT VIDI SEWSANKER! Her bosses/**** buddies name is David Hoessly!)
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 3:54am   #2
MEANZ06
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 3,864 Times in 1,754 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4635916

cliffs?
MEANZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 7:28am   #3
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANZ06 View Post
cliffs?
Folks move into a shit managed house/apt. Appliances break and management jacks with the renters.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 7:49am   #4
Lowcash
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2827

Give Wavy 10 news a call.

Need help from 10 On Your Side?
Lowcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:06am   #5
longhorn341
Barn Stall Owner #24
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1431424

I know in the AF-- the housing management/referral office would be the place to go for help in this case. I'm sure the navy has something similar. That would be my suggestion. A property management company generally doesn't want to be on bad terms with the .mil
longhorn341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11am   #6
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,540 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF EASTERN VIRGINIA

Legal Aid is usually the best at handling tenant/landlord disputes. At the very least they can give you some pointers over the phone on how to document your dealings with the management company and keep everything on your end legal.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:14am   #7
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
How about moving? Just a thought.
For as crazy as this company sounds so far...I'd worry about repercussions of just moving out. I suspect there's some sort of steep clause against breaking the lease early.

Have you tried contacting the house owner directly?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 6:38pm   #8
Speed Racer
Barn Raising I,II,III

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1074

Mike went to base legal today and I called the corporate office. Legal told us what we had to do so we are doing that. Corporate finally called me back around 1pm, then again at 4pm. Seems Donna wants to get this taken care of after I informed her we are getting the Jag involved, but will inform Vidi. Donna is having me the fixed microwave put in on Wednesday. As for the Dishwasher and siding that we noticed this morning has blown half off the house she will inform Vidi of. Thank you to everyone for the tips and links! They have all been helpful! The Jag officer is helping support us on this matter in moving forward.
As for the moving out, we want to buy a house and started looking because of all this happening but even though we were informed that it wouldn't be a problem, we have been threaten that if she even gets wind of us looking for a house we will have problems. We are also going to request a new property manager. If they don't comply with that then it will go to legal proceedings and or Wavy on your side.
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 9:05pm   #9
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

I didn't realize y'all were Navy. Good on ya for this:

Quote:
I informed her we are getting the Jag involved
Keep the JAG informed if they don't keep moving forward.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:54pm   #10
navyndi2
Barn Stall Owner #11
Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1011172

Well I sent off the letter the way that LT Singer told me to write it poining out all the parts of our lease that the property manager is in violation of. Hopefully we will hear something by tomorrow before I go talk to the Master Chief.
navyndi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic