Old 03-07-2011, 7:50pm   #41
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
If you find me on the Golf course ... you should be afraid for your money.
No they gave it all to the mob in IL
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 7:37pm   #42
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
No they gave it all to the mob in IL
Naa that's old school; now the Gang Banger run things.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 9:28pm   #43
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 14,835 Times in 6,553 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstreet View Post
Do move here,lol. Actually,I would like to move back to your area. (VA/N.C. area)

At least you are visiting and you can get the hell out.
Actually I live in Illinois just across the river from STL so while I can get the hell out of Chicago I wont be escaping Hellinois.
99 pewtercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 9:35pm   #44
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
Actually I live in Illinois just across the river from STL so while I can get the hell out of Chicago I wont be escaping Hellinois.
Damn. Well,welcome aboard the sinking ship.

I didn't even pay attention to your location. Where do you live,btw? We live in Dow. Between Jerseyville and Grafton.
Superstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 9:45pm   #45
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
Dude, I'm about half way to yea.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:16pm   #46
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Nice first 2 articles on the local news web site page:

Superstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30pm   #47
ChasC5
Banned

Default Lawmakers: Ill. governor to abolish death penalty

Naturally those who actually live in Illinois long enough know the real story behind this, and it's a little late coming. Illinois is still paying for the all the Lawsuits from the early 90s when people were wrongfully sentence to death. Basically ... if you're not good at something and it's costing you Millions to continue to that screw-up, intelligence only dictates that you spare the Tax Payer the cost. Of course people who critique State Deficits never do a true complete postmortem on balances brought forward.

Quote:
CHICAGO (AP) — Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn intends Wednesday to abolish Illinois' death penalty more than a decade after one of his Republican predecessors enacted a moratorium that has prevented executions for the last 11 years, two lawmakers said.

Quinn's office confirmed early Wednesday that the governor would announce his decision on legislation to end capital punishment in the state. Two sponsors of the measure, State Rep. Karen Yarbrough and state Sen. Kwame Raoul, said they were invited to witness the governor sign the bill on Wednesday.

"It's going to happen," Raoul said Tuesday.

Quinn's signature would make Illinois the 16th state without capital punishment when it takes effect July 1. But a decision to sign has not come easily.

Quinn's office declined to comment Tuesday about his intentions, but he has said he personally supports the death penalty when properly implemented and would make a decision on the bill based on his conscience.

"I've heard from many, many people of good faith and good conscience on both sides of the issue. And I've tried to be very meticulous and writing down notes and studying those notes and books and e-mails. They've really spoken from the heart. I've been very proud of the people of Illinois," Quinn said recently.

Among those the governor consulted with were prosecutors, murder victims' families, death penalty opponents and religious leaders. Quinn even heard from retired Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa and met with Sister Helen Prejean, the inspiration for the movie "Dead Man Walking."

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan appealed directly to Quinn to veto the bill, as did several county prosecutors and victims' families. They said safeguards, including videotaped interrogations and easier access to DNA evidence, were in place to prevent innocent people from being wrongly executed.

But death penalty opponents argued that there was still no guarantee that an innocent person couldn't be put to death. Even Quinn's own lieutenant governor, Sheila Simon, a former southern Illinois prosecutor, asked him to abolish capital punishment.

Illinois' last execution was in 1999, a year before then-Gov. George Ryan imposed a moratorium on capital punishment after the death sentences of 13 men were overturned. Ryan cleared death row before leaving office in 2003 by commuting the death sentences of 167 inmates to life in prison.

If Quinn were to sign the bill, it is unclear how that would affect the 15 inmates currently on Illinois' death row.

New Mexico was the most recent state to repeal the death penalty, in 2009, but new Republican Gov. Susana Martinez wants to reinstate it. The District of Columbia also doesn't have the death penalty.

Prosecutors would still be able to seek the death penalty and juries could still impose it until the law took effect.

The Associated Press: Lawmakers: Ill. governor to abolish death penalty
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion