Old 08-07-2012, 4:22pm   #21
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
You know the typical leftist argument that those who are the most homophobic are those with gay tendencies themselves but just too afraid to admit it? I think the same is true here. joecoool doth protest just a bit too much.

What we have is clearly a closet Christian who is simply afraid of what his liberal friends would think if he were to declare his true love of the Lord.

It's ok joecoool. It's safe here.
So you're saying Omega Man is gay?
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 4:25pm   #22
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,646 Times in 11,652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
That's just pure faggotry.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 4:26pm   #23
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
I thought that was already well established.

You think he actually goes out to "Drilling Rigs"?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 4:57pm   #24
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Yet public schools spend their ime teaching "Self Esteam" WWTF is that? Feeling good about being a dunder head is a good thing?

The facts are PRIVATE schools better prepare kids for the world. Public schools have failed. Fix the public schools by :
1) Ending Tenure
2) Spend teaching time on Math, Science, Finance, History and other subjects need to compete and end the Bullshit feel good crap the left has foisted on us.
3) If a kids mother is on welfare dock her one days pay for each day the kids misses school without a doctors note.
4) Remove the massive layers of administration that is sucking the money out of the school system and ling the pockets of Politicians and Union bosses
5) Stop "Special Ed" of all kinds in school. If the kid has a real problem let them go to a school designed to help them.
6) Reward teachers on the performance of their students over time.

But the left will not allow that. So the schools keep failing
~25 years ago I took a training class for the Monkey Co. Faryland School bus operators permit.....Class B CDL with P endorsement....bus driver....

and so they said right there in the classroom that their system spent 40% of the school budger on TRANSPORTATION@!!!!!

make any sense?? really??? think it's any different in other districts when the costs of FUEL and MACHINERY, and REPAIR PARTS remain the same across the board???

sorry, liberals I know too much, from the INSIDE info.....I can fry any lib with my knowledge.....ANY LIB....open invite.....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 5:00pm   #25
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
nope! You have no more a shred of evidence of the big bang, as you do the creationist belief. I believe they should both be taught and discussed. Even in public schools. Not one theory over the other, just this is what is believed and why.
Actually there is an incredible amount of evidence for the big bang theory. The "expanding" universe, background radiation, etc.

"Creationism" on the other hand isn't a "theory" at all. It's religion.

If you are going to teach history according to the "Abrahamic" religions, why not what the Buddhist, Hindus, Sikhs as well? Their beliefs are just as valid.

And by "just as valid", I mean not valid at all.

Using tax money to teach religious nonsense violates the social pact we have established with the separation of church and state.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 5:09pm   #26
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

So, Phil, you don't like religious teachings of any sort. Yes, we know this and you've repeated your stance over and over like a good little talking point repeater. i don't like the public corruption. I'd rather have the choice where to send my kid since, after all, it's my tax dollars being spent right (if I had a kid)? So, because you hate religion so much, we shouldn't have the right to spend our money where we believe our kids will get the best education based solely on the fact you don't agree with it. I don't agree with all the feel good bull shit programs being taught in public schools and their "everyone gets a trophy, fairness, blah blah lbah..." mentality.

Explain why you should get to make the choice for the tax payers and why they shouldn't have a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2012, 5:09pm   #27
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Actually there is an incredible amount of evidence for the big bang theory. The "expanding" universe, background radiation, etc.

If you are going to teach history according to the "Abrahamic" religions, why not what the Buddhist, Hindus, Sikhs as well? Their beliefs are just as valid.

Using tax money to teach religious nonsense violates the social pact we have established with the separation of church and state.
yes yes you're right all of those point directly to us all being here because of a big bang. That's funnier and less believable than any of this christian beliefs that you love to hate.

Public schools should discuss other religious beliefs too. The school's shouldn't teach evolution as fact, nor should they teach any of the religions as fact. Only as the currently accepted theories on the start of the universe.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:10pm   #28
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
He's not around much anymore. Probably getting his chute filled up with da cawk.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 5:47pm   #29
vetteman9368
Barn Raising III
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 2,179 Times in 966 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1120967

Quote:

And using tax money to a)force religious organizations to pay for insurance policies that pay for birth control and b) forcing gay marriage on the religious community is the same violation of church and state
vetteman9368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 5:49pm   #30
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman9368 View Post
And using tax money to a)force religious organizations to pay for insurance policies that pay for birth control and b) forcing gay marriage on the religious community is the same violation of church and state
Doesn't matter. Phil doesn't want anybody to learn anything about religion, especially Christianity (and I'm guessing it has something to do with his Catholic back ground). Hey, if Harry Reid can make assumptions, so can I. it's the liberal thing to embrace, right Phil?
Old 08-07-2012, 6:01pm   #31
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

I also went to Catholic school. Something everybody needs to understand is that Catholic school is where they train Atheists.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2012, 6:13pm   #32
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 6,904 Times in 2,607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:

So using tax money to teach the nonsensical preachings of Christ, Buddha, the Dali Lama, or Mohammed is unacceptable, but using it to teach the nonsensical preachings of Reid, Hoffa, Keynes, and Hendrix is fine?

Face it. Everyone has a beleif system that, at some point, cannot be supported by logic alone. The difference with the new system in Louisiana is that parents who are not advantaged enough to afford private school can now choose what their children are exposed to. Those that care probably talk to them afterwards to find out what their kids "learned" that day and discuss the value of opposing viewpoints. Those that are breeding for tickets on the welfare train couldn't care less, and it sounds like portions of the public school system in Louisiana are well prepared to teach their kids what they need to know to accomplish another generational cycle.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2012, 6:25pm   #33
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 12,522 Times in 5,846 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:

Using tax money to push liberal social agenda is also against the social pact. Yet you support that.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 8:07pm   #34
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
I also went to Catholic school. Something everybody needs to understand is that Catholic school is where they train Atheists.
I see you've gotten to understand George Carlin, too. *funny* He was always doing bits on that.
Old 08-07-2012, 9:10pm   #35
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
So, Phil, you don't like religious teachings of any sort. Yes, we know this and you've repeated your stance over and over like a good little talking point repeater. i don't like the public corruption. I'd rather have the choice where to send my kid since, after all, it's my tax dollars being spent right (if I had a kid)? So, because you hate religion so much, we shouldn't have the right to spend our money where we believe our kids will get the best education based solely on the fact you don't agree with it. I don't agree with all the feel good bull shit programs being taught in public schools and their "everyone gets a trophy, fairness, blah blah lbah..." mentality.

Explain why you should get to make the choice for the tax payers and why they shouldn't have a choice.
I never said I should make the choice. What I am saying is that students should not get credit for and tax payers should not have to pay for teaching students information that has been accepted as incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
yes yes you're right all of those point directly to us all being here because of a big bang. That's funnier and less believable than any of this christian beliefs that you love to hate.

Public schools should discuss other religious beliefs too. The school's shouldn't teach evolution as fact, nor should they teach any of the religions as fact. Only as the currently accepted theories on the start of the universe.
Schools should never teach religious beliefs. Can you imagine the riots in the south is little Sally comes home discussing the teachings of Mohammad?

And the currently accepted theory on the origin of the universe is the big bang theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
So using tax money to teach the nonsensical preachings of Christ, Buddha, the Dali Lama, or Mohammed is unacceptable, but using it to teach the nonsensical preachings of Reid, Hoffa, Keynes, and Hendrix is fine?

Face it. Everyone has a beleif system that, at some point, cannot be supported by logic alone. The difference with the new system in Louisiana is that parents who are not advantaged enough to afford private school can now choose what their children are exposed to. Those that care probably talk to them afterwards to find out what their kids "learned" that day and discuss the value of opposing viewpoints. Those that are breeding for tickets on the welfare train couldn't care less, and it sounds like portions of the public school system in Louisiana are well prepared to teach their kids what they need to know to accomplish another generational cycle.
But parents should not be allowed to teach things we know are bullshit. Telling kids things like that 4000 years ago humans walked along side T-Rex puts them at a competitive disadvantage when going for a secondary education. Ignorance should not be celebrated as a parental right.

You are a Doctor, would you have been accepted into medical school if you were taught what I posted in the beginning of this thread?
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 9:20pm   #36
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:

And the currently accepted theory on the origin of the universe is the big bang theory.
only in your circles. your as closed minded as the religious zealots you preach against.
Old 08-07-2012, 9:23pm   #37
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:

Accepted by University research department heads that depend on government grants, who will lose those grants (and their cushie jobs) if they ever publicly admit that the big bang theory and evolution have huge unexplainable issues that intelligent design doesn't have.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 9:51pm   #38
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 6,904 Times in 2,607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool

But parents should not be allowed to teach things we know are bullshit. Telling kids things like that 4000 years ago humans walked along side T-Rex puts them at a competitive disadvantage when going for a secondary education. Ignorance should not be celebrated as a parental right.

You are a Doctor, would you have been accepted into medical school if you were taught what I posted in the beginning of this thread?
That's the great thing about being a parent. There is no licensing requirement. I would rather have an involved parent teach his or her kids something I know to be false than have one that dumps their spawn on the school system and expectsthe shit factory to turn out a silk purse from the sow's ear, and only shows up to claim an active interest in the failing school system when their little darling gets arrested for the fifth time on school grounds or flunks the 3rd grade reading test as a high school senior.

Who are you to decide what parents can teach their kids, anyway?

And as for your bullshit example about whether my personal beleif about the timing of dinosaurs vs humans on the planet might make me less competitive in the marketplace, you might be amazed to find out that THE SUBJECT NEVER CAME UP! Nor, I suspect, has it in any environment outside of a religious institution or an Internet forum.

I went to Furman for undergraduate school after coming out of the Knox County school system. Southern Baptist college, public schools. The religious background of the school hurt me not a whit. UT College of Medicine only cared how I could deal with what is known now, not how we got here.

By contrast, the beneficiaries of the liberal agenda (in this cae the preferential extension of benefits to a select group because they are members of a select group) did not fare so well there. The best (amongst many) that I witnessed was one classmate telling another "the test is biased against you." Six months later the speaker filed a discrimination complaint with the school because they flunked the OB/GYN rotation, despite the fact that they NEVER SHOWED UP TO TAKE THE FINAL EXAM!

Yeah, overall if the things you are taught by your parents interfere with your ability to be productive, at least you were taught instead of dispatched.
And by the way, any time you want to match the graduate quality of a private school system vs public in the same district, bring it on.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2012, 10:13pm   #39
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 79.1%

Thanked 7,701 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

It is absolutely amazing to see someone dismiss religion based on it "not being supported by fact" and at the same time subscribe whole-hartedly and without question to what he is told to believe by his liberal "gods"... despite the fact that almost every bit of empirical data in existence as well as countless historical examples show those beliefs to be completely wrong.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17pm   #40
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17

Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465

Quote:
But parents should not be allowed to teach things we know are bullshit.
Holy crap? Seriously? Who decides?

You've topped yourself for most ridiculous idea.
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion