Old 03-01-2013, 7:28pm   #41
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasglas View Post
So, the sun DID come up this morning. I guess all will be well.
Barackalypse
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 7:32pm   #42
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,500 Times in 5,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

It blows my mind that Obozo proposed the sequester, threw the dice and lost. I'm glad he could get back from golfing to spend 30 min. with Congress. Now he wants to blame the Republicans. Wow...just wow. He has not taken responsibility for any of his multiple failures as president. Hell, he was even kind enough to give some of his biggest doners from solar energy companies a shitload of our money just to go belly up at our expense. It is no wonder I am on blood pressure medicine. This fraud he and the progressives have pulled on us has been of magnificent proportion.

Ok, rant over. The sequester directly impacts me as I am a civilian technician in the Air National Guard. Hell, maybe I am part of the problem, but somone has to go off to the wars. The unit I am in has been solid deployed for 10 years to the middle east. We only rotate planes and people, but that doesn't take away from the 10 year mark and counting of being in that shithole. I work beside active duty, train them, etc. for a helluva lot less money and will be taking another hit when we get furloughed. I will lose a months pay between April and September. Will it suck, well, how would any of you like to miss a months pay, yes it will suck. That being said, I watch my finances, and will be ok. Something has to be done, but if we cut out all the fraud, waste, and abuse that goes on within the .gov agencies, we would have our money back and then some. Also, lets cut out all the bullshit foreign aid. Really MotherF'rs??????? We don't have the money to pay our own bills, why do we keep giving money and military equipment to these bastards at our expense. At least the head mofo's in the military/industrial complex are getting rich. Nice for them.

I am at the point I will be glad when the wheels finally fall off the cart, we reset to 0 and start over after a good house cleaning. Our priorities, our morals and everything else are straight down the shitter. 90 years of the train running down the track the wrong way is catching up with us. Should be an interesting ride.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 7:54pm   #43
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,500 Times in 5,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
That's because they pander to the uninformed and have the media to back them up and spread their lies.
I found out how uninformed people are at work this week. One dude said and I quote, "That's why I just watch sports". F'n idiots and they get to vote. If my wife posts on here when I'm dead, it is because being around and watching idiots destroy this country has made my head explode!!!
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 8:06pm   #44
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Barackalypse
Has a nice ring to it...Obamacare...Barackalypse....

Just announced, he has signed the order ! Announced at 2045L Eastern time 3/1/2013

Watch it the whole way through...

Last edited by PortDawg; 03-01-2013 at 9:09pm. Reason: Added a few things
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17pm   #45
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
Has a nice ring to it...Obamacare...Barackalypse....
Don't forget: Obama-nation...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 9:11am   #46
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug28450 View Post
Chicken Little of the United States decided that the cuts go into effect tonight at midnight, not last night at midnight. He pulled off one more day of rampant uncontrolled spending.
The sequester wasn't that good, he's still pulling off rampant uncontrolled spending today too.

So 2% down 40% to go?
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 9:14am   #47
Doug28450
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1126385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
The sequester wasn't that good, he's still pulling off rampant uncontrolled spending today too.

So 2% down 40% to go?
Yes, then remembered that by delaying in until midnight Friday he gained the weekend as well.
Doug28450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42am   #48
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 6,916 Times in 2,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Good read yesterday about how little Obozo cares about actually doing anything to minimize the consequences of his latest brilliant idea, as oppopsed to overdramatizing to drive up taxes:

World Does Not End, Obama Hardest Hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wall Street Journal
World Doesn't End, Obama Hardest Hit
The sequester apocalypse evolves into a 'slow grind.'.

'Just to make the final point about the sequester," said President Obama at his press conference Friday, "we will get through this. This is not going to be an apocalypse, I think, as some people have said." That's a relief, but it is also a major walk-back, since the "some people" who have been predicting apocalypse are the President and senior members of his Administration.

Normal Americans awoke Friday to find that the veneer of civilization had not fallen away. If the federal government does end up spending $44.8 trillion over the next decade instead of $46 trillion, they may not notice at all. This may explain Mr. Obama's morning-after concession that "what's important to understand is that not everyone will feel the pain of these cuts right away," and that the gruesome cuts that the President had been invoking are now merely "a slow grind that will intensify with each passing day."

One reason the grind may intensify is that Mr. Obama spurned GOP offers Friday morning to grant him even more executive discretion than he already has to prioritize federal spending. Or as his own Simpson-Bowles commission put it, he could always choose among the "patchwork of thousands of duplicative programs, nearly impossible to track and even harder to evaluate for effective outcomes." This he does not want to do.

What he is trying to do instead is implement the sequester as rudely as possible so that he can extract another tax increase. As the President put it, the problem is that Republicans have adopted "an iron-clad rule that we will not accept an extra dime's worth of revenue."

But not so iron clad that the GOP didn't reluctantly consent to 6.2 trillion dimes in tax increases only this January in return for zero dimes of spending restraint. Mr. Obama wants Republicans to commit political harikiri by doing it again. Asking the other party to commit suicide is not typically a good basis for bipartisan accord.

Mr. Obama pitches his tax increase as "tax reform" and merely cutting "tax loopholes" and "tax breaks for the well off and well connected." He also said he doesn't want to "raise tax rates." But the Senate Democratic bill he endorsed on Thursday included the "Buffett rule" that is effectively a minimum tax of 30%, which means another increase in the tax rate on capital gains and dividends. Real tax reform means reducing rates in return for closing loopholes. Mr. Obama wants to raise rates instead.

The President also stuck to his line that the sequester cuts will hurt the economy, even suggesting that any slowdown in growth in the months ahead is all the sequester's fault: "As long as the sequester's in place we'll know that that economic news could have been better if Congress had not failed to act."

Investors seemed to take a different view. Stock prices rose on Friday.
Is it possible that the sheeple are not buying his bullshit on this one, and he feels a need to cover his ass?
Loco Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46am   #49
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Vette View Post
Good read yesterday about how little Obozo cares about actually doing anything to minimize the consequences of his latest brilliant idea, as oppopsed to overdramatizing to drive up taxes:

World Does Not End, Obama Hardest Hit

Is it possible that the sheeple are not buying his bullshit on this one, and he feels a need to cover his ass?
I don't think it is possible.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 6:56pm   #50
Doug28450
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1126385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
I don't think it is possible.
While I realize the it is Fox News, the people may not be buying into the sales story.

Obama, his team struggling with accuracy when explaining impact of sequester cuts | Fox News

Obama, his team struggling with accuracy when explaining impact of sequester cuts
Published March 02, 2013

President Obama and top administration officials are struggling with accuracy in explaining the impact of billions in federal budget cuts known as sequester that kicked in Saturday morning -- even getting called out by a Capitol Hill superintendent about furloughs for support staffers.

Carlos Elias, the Capitol Building superintendent, sent out a memo Friday reminding staffers that the current sequestration plan does not include “reductions in force or furloughs” and that “pay and benefit of each of our employees will not be impacted.”

Though not directly mentioning Obama by name, Elias also said in the memo that a “high-ranking official said employees that clean and maintain the U.S. Capitol will receive a cut in pay.”

Hours before the memo was released, the president, in what appears to be the administration’s attempt to maximize the potential impact of the cuts, said at a press conference: “Starting tomorrow everybody here, all the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol. Now that Congress has left, somebody’s going to be vacuuming and cleaning those floors and throwing out the garbage. They’re going to have less pay. The janitors, the security guards, they just got a pay cut, and they’ve got to figure out how to manage that. That’s real.”

The cuts were proposed by the president and agreed upon by Congress in 2011 after Democrats and Republicans failed to agree on a more measured way to reduce the deficit. The $85 billion in cuts in 2013 to the Defense Department and domestic programs will be more like $45 billion when pro-rated this year.

Last weekend, Education Secretary Arne Duncan told CBS “there are literally teachers now who are getting pink slips, who are getting notices that they can’t come back this fall." However, Duncan appeared to backpedal Wednesday, coming up with just one example, a West Virginia county, and the disclaimer that “whether it’s all sequester-related, I don’t know.”

Officials in the state’s Kanawha County told The Washington Post that “transfer notices” were sent to at least 104 educators and they had more to do with how West Virginia allocates federal dollars designated for poor children.

PolitiFact, the Tampa Tribune’s fact-checking operation, has also reviewed officials’ sequester claims, concluding much has been “doomsday” and “worst-case-scenario” rhetoric.

The newspaper’s Pulitzer Prize-winning group found that Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood’s recent warning that air travel will be delayed because of Federal Aviation Administration cuts is just mostly true.

"Flights to major cities like New York, Chicago, and San Francisco and others could experience delays of up to 90 minutes during peak hours because we have fewer (air traffic) controllers on staff,” LaHood said last week.

Thought sequester requires across-the-board cuts with no shifting of money between agency departments, there appears to be some flexibility in make the cuts, including $600 million from the FAA, experts told PolitiFact.

Roughly one-third of FAA employees are controllers, so furloughs are possible. But agency Chairman Michael Huerta recently suggested cuts might start on the midnight shifts or at smaller and low-traffic facilities, which would at least in the short term spare the major airports.
Doug28450 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug28450 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 2:01am   #51
Fasglas
Barn Stall Owner #457
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 77.6%

Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,389 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10200183

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
Quote 2...please refer to quote 1.. kthanks