10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
No one that makes a difference cares what China thinks or says. They're still a third world arm pit for the most part. Certainly they've no grounds to take a moral high road.

The U.S has lost its influence, because Obama and his idiot cronies have thrown it away. He had no idea what he was doing when elected, and now he doesn't have the character to admit failure and change his approach. He's a loser
I agree with all that, except I think you are underestimating China. While we are off policing the world on credit, China is out inking deals all over the world to buy the world's natural resources, for cash, something that an industrial powerhouse in the making would do. There was a time when WE were the industrial powerhouse, buying raw materials from all over the world and selling them back finished products.

And agreeing that Obama is a failure doesn't mean I want him to start yet ANOTHER no reason for/no win war. Wasn't Libya enough? Did we learn nothing from Iraq? Before we invaded Iraq, Iraq was the natural foil for Iranian aggression, paid for with Arab/Muslim money. Now, Iraq is less of a foil, but paid for with American money.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20am   #22
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
So Weiner's wife is a self loathing Jew? Did not know that. And as to what O says? Forget about that. Follow the money. The money is still flowing, and it's flowing to the Army, who, at the moment, seems to be killing supporters of the democratically elected leader of Egypt, Morsi.

Obama Cancels US-Egypt Military Exercises but Not Foreign Aid

Aug. 15, 2013

By MARY BRUCE

In a widely expected move, President Obama today canceled next month's joint U.S.-Egyptian military exercises, saying "our traditional cooperation cannot continue as usual when civilians are being killed in the streets and rights are being rolled back."

More significant, however, is what the president is not doing, despite the interim government's crackdown on Egyptian protesters that has left hundreds dead and thousands injured.

The Obama administration is not pulling the $1.3 billion in annual foreign aid the U.S. provides to Egypt and the military-backed interim government responsible for the violence, which the president described as "deplorable."
"This morning, we notified the Egyptian government that we are canceling our bi-annual joint military exercise which was scheduled for next month," Obama said in his first public comments on the escalating crisis in Egypt.

"Going forward, I've asked my national security team to assess the implications of the actions taken by the interim government and further steps that we make take as necessary with respect to the U.S., Egyptian relationship."

Canceling the Bright Star joint military exercises, a longstanding sign of the cooperation between the United State and Egypt, is a public attempt by the Obama administration to voice its displeasure with the interim government in Egypt for its crackdown against supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi.

"The United States strongly condemns the steps that have been taken by Egypt's interim government and security forces," Obama said in brief remarks in Martha's Vineyard, where he is vacationing with his family in Massachusetts.

"We support universal rights essential to human dignity, including the right to peaceful protest. We oppose the pursuit of martial law, which denies those rights to citizens under the principle that security trumps individual freedom or that might makes right," Obama added.

"And today the United States extends its condolences to the families or those who were killed and those who were wounded."

At least 700 people have died and more than 3,000 injured during the violent clashes that swept throughout Egypt Wednesday, according to the health ministry.

The Obama administration fears that cutting off financial and military aid to Egypt, the United States' closest ally in the Arab World, could destabilize the region and jeopardize Israel's security.

"America cannot determine the future of Egypt. That's a task for the Egyptian people," Obama said. "We don't take sides with any particular party or political figure. I know it's tempting inside of Egypt to blame the United States or the West or some other outside actor for what's gone wrong.

"That kind of approach will do nothing to help Egyptians achieve the future that they deserve. We want Egypt to succeed. We want a peaceful, democratic, prosperous Egypt. That's our interest. But to achieve that, the Egyptians are going to have to do the work," he said.

This is about like me saying to you, "you know, Cyber, I don't agree with what you are doing, you suck, and I'm not going to play golf with you. Now, here's your check." What part of that did you care about? The lip service, or the big assed check you got?
Everything about your post is wrong in ways that make me scratch my head.

First of all, you appear to know nothing at all about Huma Abedin, her mother, and her involvement with the MB. She's not a Jew, she's Muslim. Sheez.

Secondly, this quote from that stupid article says it all:

Quote:
The Obama administration is not pulling the $1.3 billion in annual foreign aid the U.S. provides to Egypt and the military-backed interim government responsible for the violence, which the president described as "deplorable."
Just...WTF.

The MB was the one going around killing people during these protests. They were the one organizing mobs to burn down churches and non-muslim-owned businesses. They were the ones raping journalists. They were the ones that killed 24 policemen in Gaza in cold blood.

That violence?

I know you have a big problem with us sending $1.3 to Egypt each year, I'm not happy with it either but is was part of the deal that was made by Jimmah Carter in the accords, and the military is the one who are keeping their part of the deal in those accords. Morsi was in the process of installing an Islamic government and replacing their relatively secular government. Egypt relies on tourism for almost their entire economy. An Islamist sharia government does not make a tourist-friendly place. Like Turkey in the 1920's, the military stepped in to remove a guy who had subverted his office and was trying to use his power to enslave the entire country in an Islamic sharia-ruled hell.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 12:49pm   #23
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
And agreeing that Obama is a failure doesn't mean I want him to start yet ANOTHER no reason for/no win war. Wasn't Libya enough? Did we learn nothing from Iraq? Before we invaded Iraq, Iraq was the natural foil for Iranian aggression, paid for with Arab/Muslim money. Now, Iraq is less of a foil, but paid for with American money.
This is just another demonstration that he doesn't know wht the fork he's doing. He spouts the red-line crap, then doesn't follow up with a plan. Within hours of confirming the gas attack (and they knew it immediately I believe), there should have been missle strikes. Take out all the military targets we could find, then announce what we had done and tell the rebels to stand down or face their own missle attack.

But no; this blithering idiot fiddle-forks around, letting our enemies and allies know he doesn't have a clue, hasn't had a clue, and wonders who might , some day, provide him with a clue (clearly it's not going to be Ghingus Kerry). Meanwhile, (while they're giggling at his ineptitude, all the military assets are being hid.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 2:08pm   #24
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Everything about your post is wrong in ways that make me scratch my head.

First of all, you appear to know nothing at all about Huma Abedin, her mother, and her involvement with the MB. She's not a Jew, she's Muslim. Sheez.

Secondly, this quote from that stupid article says it all:

Just...WTF.

The MB was the one going around killing people during these protests. They were the one organizing mobs to burn down churches and non-muslim-owned businesses. They were the ones raping journalists. They were the ones that killed 24 policemen in Gaza in cold blood.

That violence?

I know you have a big problem with us sending $1.3 to Egypt each year, I'm not happy with it either but is was part of the deal that was made by Jimmah Carter in the accords, and the military is the one who are keeping their part of the deal in those accords. Morsi was in the process of installing an Islamic government and replacing their relatively secular government. Egypt relies on tourism for almost their entire economy. An Islamist sharia government does not make a tourist-friendly place. Like Turkey in the 1920's, the military stepped in to remove a guy who had subverted his office and was trying to use his power to enslave the entire country in an Islamic sharia-ruled hell.
I stand corrected on Mrs. Weiner. She apparently is a self loathing Muslim extremist, if she married a Jew. Scratch that. She married Anthony Weiner. She apparently self loathes at a much deeper level than religion, unless maybe her kink is getting off on being humiliated in public.

Also, I agree that before the Army coup, the folks doing the killing were the MB. The article correctly reports, though, that the tables were turned, with the Army killing the MB miscreants. Do I think the MB folks that were burning down churches deserved to get killed? Yep. Karma, baby. Do I think we should be paying for that? Nope.

The bottom line, however, is, as you stated, we have no business paying off anyone in Egypt, period. Carter was idealistic, and wrong. You can't buy friends. Paying off Egypt to play nice with Israel is like my Mom tying a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me. The dog doesn't give a crap about me, he just wants the pork chop, and when there is no more pork chop, the "friendship" disappears.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 4:30pm   #25
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
I stand corrected on Mrs. Weiner. She apparently is a self loathing Muslim extremist, if she married a Jew. Scratch that. She married Anthony Weiner. She apparently self loathes at a much deeper level than religion, unless maybe her kink is getting off on being humiliated in public.

Also, I agree that before the Army coup, the folks doing the killing were the MB. The article correctly reports, though, that the tables were turned, with the Army killing the MB miscreants. Do I think the MB folks that were burning down churches deserved to get killed? Yep. Karma, baby. Do I think we should be paying for that? Nope.

The bottom line, however, is, as you stated, we have no business paying off anyone in Egypt, period. Carter was idealistic, and wrong. You can't buy friends. Paying off Egypt to play nice with Israel is like my Mom tying a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me. The dog doesn't give a crap about me, he just wants the pork chop, and when there is no more pork chop, the "friendship" disappears.
Fair enough.

And Anthony Wiener is a Jew in the same way I'm English and German. Yeah, at some point somebody I was related to lived in those countries, or something. He only trots it out at erection, er election time.

Thing is Obama and Clinton have been MB nut-huggers for a long time. I'm far more concerned about that than the ongoing payments to Egypt or Israel or Germany or Japan or the Philippines or the other bazillion places we lavish our money upon. The MB are serious bad news, and it appears that at the highest levels of our government, well, we've been infiltrated.
Old 08-27-2013, 9:50pm   #26
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Well, here is more ammo for my viewpoint...

(from a rabidly leftist silly man, but still... If this guy agrees with me, we are headed into uncharted territory...)
Old 08-28-2013, 3:17am   #27
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Well, here is more ammo for my viewpoint...

(from a rabidly leftist silly man, but still... If this guy agrees with me, we are headed into uncharted territory...)

You'll like this...

ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 7:48am   #28
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOversteer View Post
You'll like this...

At the very best, we are now helping al Qaeda in Syria. That's the best possible outcome.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion