Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2020, 8:52am   #1
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 112,362, Level: 100
Activity: 26.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 44,733
Thanks: 14,270
Thanked 18,514 Times in 8,933 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2619337
Default USPS Shake My Head and Say, WTF? Thread

So prior to the Wu flu and Marxist cultural revolution, I sent off for a new passport, since my old one was expired, and after 5 years of being expired, you have to go through the whole rigamarole of applying for a new one, vs. the easier process of renewing. OK.

So after months, I get an e-mail, you passport and passport card are on their way, to be delivered separately, and supposed to arrive one day apart. I get the passport card in the mailbox, no problem. Next day, no passport. Day after that, no passport. I'm getting worried. Happen to look at the front porch, and there's my passport, in its small 'priority mail' envelope. Any porch pirate could have taken it. Why wasn't it just put in my locked mailbox?

The mailman (well, mail lady) had to take extra time to put it on my front porch when it would have been easier and much more secure to just put it in with my other mail....in the locked mail box.

I'm not mad, I got it safely, no harm no foul, I just don't understand the thought process there. Had to work harder, but didn't knock and hand deliver it.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 9:25am   #2
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 17,908, Level: 92
Activity: 3.4%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 1,899
Thanked 2,069 Times in 970 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
So prior to the Wu flu and Marxist cultural revolution, I sent off for a new passport, since my old one was expired, and after 5 years of being expired, you have to go through the whole rigamarole of applying for a new one, vs. the easier process of renewing. OK.

So after months, I get an e-mail, you passport and passport card are on their way, to be delivered separately, and supposed to arrive one day apart. I get the passport card in the mailbox, no problem. Next day, no passport. Day after that, no passport. I'm getting worried. Happen to look at the front porch, and there's my passport, in its small 'priority mail' envelope. Any porch pirate could have taken it. Why wasn't it just put in my locked mailbox?

The mailman (well, mail lady) had to take extra time to put it on my front porch when it would have been easier and much more secure to just put it in with my other mail....in the locked mail box.

I'm not mad, I got it safely, no harm no foul, I just don't understand the thought process there. Had to work harder, but didn't knock and hand deliver it.
Itís the USPS...there was none. Civil servant, they canít get fired, so they simply DGAF.

Have similar issues in our neighborhood, wish we could get a different mail carrier.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 9:39am   #3
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 112,362, Level: 100
Activity: 26.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 44,733
Thanks: 14,270
Thanked 18,514 Times in 8,933 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2619337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette View Post
Itís the USPS...there was none. They canít get fired, so they simply DGAF.

I don't want anyone fired or disciplined. I'm not mad. Everything worked out fine in the end. I just want to understand the policy that led to this. Is 'priority mail' that requires no signature required to be put on the doorstep? I get that most priority mail would be parcels that won't fit in a mailbox, but this one was a small envelope that easily would have fit in the mailbox.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 10:24am   #4
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 46,515, Level: 100
Activity: 20.6%
 
VITE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Port Saint Lucie FL
Posts: 32,549
Thanks: 16,390
Thanked 8,763 Times in 4,518 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1083962
Default

I feel your pain. I found out my Global entry/TSA pre had lapsed last June. I put in a new application In Early September. I i checked almost daily, as they request, for updates. In February they said no other applications could be processed. In early June They sent me a message saying I could apply for my interview. First available slot was early August. Get confirmation. Now it's postponed until October.

And people wonder why I don't want the government taking over HC.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 11:21am   #5
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Points: 14,646, Level: 83
Activity: 99.3%
 
z06psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GFY and STFU'ville
Posts: 6,579
Thanks: 922
Thanked 8,786 Times in 3,536 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30186
Default

Is this a lib free thread?
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 11:39am   #6
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Points: 105,886, Level: 100
Activity: 33.0%
 
Mike Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 36,710
Thanks: 13,497
Thanked 23,579 Times in 9,059 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5133909
Default











Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 11:40am   #7
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 17,908, Level: 92
Activity: 3.4%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 1,899
Thanked 2,069 Times in 970 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I don't want anyone fired or disciplined. I'm not mad. Everything worked out fine in the end. I just want to understand the policy that led to this. Is 'priority mail' that requires no signature required to be put on the doorstep? I get that most priority mail would be parcels that won't fit in a mailbox, but this one was a small envelope that easily would have fit in the mailbox.
I didnít say you did. Youíre putting way more thought into this than the USPS does is all Iím saying.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 12:30pm   #8
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 35,713, Level: 100
Activity: 10.3%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,558
Thanks: 296
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,055 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049956
Default

Our mailman was awesome. He just retired. He worked an extra long shift his last day so he could stop and tell everyone who was friendly with him that he was retiring.

The wife of our lawn-guy, who usually delivered our street's mail only on weekends, has been filling in and she's great too.

I'm worried about ending up with someone crummy on a permanent basis. BUT it seems like the crummy employees are usually working customer service at the actual post office. We'll see.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 1:39pm   #9
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Points: 7,345, Level: 59
Activity: 77.3%
 
Rodnok1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,048
Thanks: 589
Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $312887
Default

At my friend's house the one fill in mailman is a complete retard and I've told him a dozen times that to his face. He delivers to wrong street and addresses. Everyone knows the idiot and if he's on the route your shit ain't getting delivered. I've gone to post office a dozen times with lists over him and they know exactly who the fuk up is but never get rid of him.
This post office is were they send the idiots that can't cut it elsewhere I've been told as the regular guy isn't a hell of a lot better.

At home my local place is awesome, maybe twice I've had something delayed a day or two from miss routing.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 2:19pm   #10
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20
Points: 19,993, Level: 97
Activity: 83.3%
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: TŪr Na Nůg
Posts: 6,632
Thanks: 1,227
Thanked 6,775 Times in 2,971 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1027881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Our mailman was awesome. He just retired. He worked an extra long shift his last day so he could stop and tell everyone who was friendly with him that he was retiring.

The wife of our lawn-guy, who usually delivered our street's mail only on weekends, has been filling in and she's great too.

I'm worried about ending up with someone crummy on a permanent basis. We'll see.
Around here they seem to have a different letter carrier on a day-to-day basis. It's like they're all temp workers or otherwise being shifted around.

Sadly this may be your future.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:11am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page