Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2019, 5:13pm   #21
Der Flieger
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1502

What's the name of the Car Wash, "Assholes Are Us?"
Der Flieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 9:20pm   #22
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Thursday I'm driving here in the valley. So Devonshire is an East-West two lane street with a middle turning lane. So five lanes, right. I'm in the left lane east bound behind a Honda Accord. All of a sudden the Honda Accord stops. There's ole hag in the right eastbound lane with a Tesla and her left turn signal just a blinking. Ole hag was in the right lane and did a u-turn. The Honda Accord actually stopped and let her. Dumbass.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 7:35am   #23
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 11,493 Times in 5,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
What's the name of the Car Wash, "Assholes Are Us?"
Close..."Squeegee".
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 8:14am   #24
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.5%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,801 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

For cars and pickup trucks!
For the most part I never had much trouble merging into traffic on the fast roads (interstate type) Have lots in my area.

I move down the ramp at a good pace, size up the traffic and found out long ago you better off at a higher speed that the traffic already on the road and you can pick your spot much easier that way.

I have passed idiots on the approach ramp going too slow so I do not get stuck when they get close, look and then stop. (yes I have seen that countless times) If they catch you your next move is also to be trying to get on the road from a dead stop also, not a good situation!

For driving a large truck.
Driving a large commercial truck most people know that when they see you coming up the approach with your turn signals flashing you are coming over, you are telling them that not asking for permission!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 8:26am   #25
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
For cars and pickup trucks!
For the most part I never had much trouble merging into traffic on the fast roads (interstate type) Have lots in my area.

I move down the ramp it a good pace, size up the traffic and found out long ago you better off at a higher speed that the traffic already on the road and you can pick your spot much easier that way.

I have passed idiots on the approach ramp going too slow so I do not get stuck when they get close, look and then stop. (yes I have seen that countless times) If they catch you your next move is also to be trying to get on the road from a dead stop also, not a good situation!

For driving a large truck.
Driving a large commercial truck most people know that when they see you coming up the approach with your turn signals flashing you are coming over, you are telling them that not asking for permission!

How not to merge...

boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 11:10am   #26
FLEXjs
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 5,670 Times in 1,913 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12967

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
What does said asshole do? He flips me off of course.
This is the way of the world these days. No matter how stupid someone is driving, if you honk at them, even to prevent an accident, you're in the wrong and they flip you off.

Happened to me yesterday. I am approaching an intersection the light is red and I enter the right turn lane no one in front of me. Light turns green and a delivery vehicle that was in the straight-through lane turns right ahead of me. OK, fine you big dummy.

Then after we both turn he comes to an almost complete stop in the right lane so I move into the left lane to pass him, he decides he's going to do an illegal U-turn in front of me. First of all wtf you just came from there. So I honk two quick beeps to let him know I'm on his left so he doesn't drive into me.

He honks back and flips me off.

Yeah; my bad for honking at you in order to stop you from crashing into me.
FLEXjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FLEXjs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 4:03pm   #27
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 11,493 Times in 5,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
This is the way of the world these days. No matter how stupid someone is driving, if you honk at them, even to prevent an accident, you're in the wrong and they flip you off.

Happened to me yesterday. I am approaching an intersection the light is red and I enter the right turn lane no one in front of me. Light turns green and a delivery vehicle that was in the straight-through lane turns right ahead of me. OK, fine you big dummy.

Then after we both turn he comes to an almost complete stop in the right lane so I move into the left lane to pass him, he decides he's going to do an illegal U-turn in front of me. First of all wtf you just came from there. So I honk two quick beeps to let him know I'm on his left so he doesn't drive into me.

He honks back and flips me off.

Yeah; my bad for honking at you in order to stop you from crashing into me.
Could have been the same asshole I encountered, or at least a relative. I really don't have a short fuse, but assholery like that takes me from 0 to I want to split your wig in about .000000001 of a second.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic