Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2020, 5:52pm   #61
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post

Let’s talk in two months.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 6:43pm   #62
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 45.7%

Thanked 31,301 Times in 10,834 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Let’s talk in two months.
We all have problems, personally, health, family etc... one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends. Everybody has issues and your right, could get worse in 2 Mo. But I believe in the US and something stopping a total meltdown
MadInNc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 10:21pm   #63
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
We all have problems, personally, health, family etc... one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends. Everybody has issues and your right, could get worse in 2 Mo. But I believe in the US and something stopping a total meltdown
Thanks, Mr. Obvious. I go to the cancer center every two weeks. I’m well aware that we all face challenges. I’m also aware there are people worse off than me.

I’m sure you are a better person than me not “dooming and glooming” your friends and all. Thanks for judging me.

At the same time, unless you have a chronic illness, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the challenge of staying positive. Imagine being sick every day for 15 years. Imagine being hospitalized three times a year for a decade. Imagine not being able to do the things you enjoy, not enjoying food, not going out with friends, missing family events and losing your memory from brain damage caused by malnutrition. I don’t remember my son being born.

The problems you speak of are transient. Imagine having all those regular problems, plus an incurable illness that destroys your intestines, joints, muscles and optic nerves until it kills you.

I don’t think you can.

“doom and gloom” is your perception. For me it’s my daily reality. What I see in this thread is my friends lifting me up, like we do for each other here. I’m just trying to get through and the support here is really helpful.

I reached out here for help. You came in mocking me.

I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years. It is weighing on my psyche. Why did you bother posting? Just to put me me down?

Maybe instead of judging, you might refrain from posting and thank God for your health and for having just normal life challenges.

For the rest of you, I just say thank you. Nine days to go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 10:41pm   #64
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

And for the record, I don’t train in anticipation of a meltdown. I do it because it makes me stronger and because it’s my duty to my family and my community.

I hope for the best and plan/train for the worst. What are you doing for your country besides putting sick people down on the Internet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 8:40am   #65
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 8,104 Times in 4,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time again Pete. Really hard to have the constant onslaught of health issues.
Hell, most of us fall apart after having a crappy little flu for a week.
Scott
Old 09-14-2020, 8:47am   #66
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 72.3%

Thanked 33,110 Times in 11,608 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years.
I've been fighting the same disease for 40 years. It's possible to have it and still live a productive and nearly-normal life. Good luck.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 10:23am   #67
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 13,539 Times in 6,519 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Thanks, Mr. Obvious. I go to the cancer center every two weeks. I’m well aware that we all face challenges. I’m also aware there are people worse off than me.

I’m sure you are a better person than me not “dooming and glooming” your friends and all. Thanks for judging me.

At the same time, unless you have a chronic illness, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the challenge of staying positive. Imagine being sick every day for 15 years. Imagine being hospitalized three times a year for a decade. Imagine not being able to do the things you enjoy, not enjoying food, not going out with friends, missing family events and losing your memory from brain damage caused by malnutrition. I don’t remember my son being born.

The problems you speak of are transient. Imagine having all those regular problems, plus an incurable illness that destroys your intestines, joints, muscles and optic nerves until it kills you.

I don’t think you can.

“doom and gloom” is your perception. For me it’s my daily reality. What I see in this thread is my friends lifting me up, like we do for each other here. I’m just trying to get through and the support here is really helpful.

I reached out here for help. You came in mocking me.

I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years. It is weighing on my psyche. Why did you bother posting? Just to put me me down?

Maybe instead of judging, you might refrain from posting and thank God for your health and for having just normal life challenges.

For the rest of you, I just say thank you. Nine days to go.
Pete. I think you took Mikes post the wrong way for sure. Have you seen any of his posts before? He is not that kind of guy. He was just saying look at it with a positive spin. That is all. Good luck man I do not think anyone on here would wish you any harm or ill will. Not in the time I have been here. I hope things work out for you.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 8:43pm   #68
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Perhaps.

Quote:
. one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends.
Sure seems like a judgment. Sorry Mike. I’m not myself.

Now I’m out of work. My clients have been shutting down over the last few months. Now the last and largest one is going into bunker mode. Gonna be hard to be positive.

Most of your brain chemistry is created in your gut. Depression is part of the deal when your guts are ****ed up. Mine is raging.

At the same time, this is an opportunity to pivot and maybe find a more satisfying path. I don’t care anymore. What will be will be.

Once I get back on my feet next week I’ll hit it hard and get back on track. Frustrating I have to wait a week.
Old 09-14-2020, 8:52pm   #69
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I've been fighting the same disease for 40 years. It's possible to have it and still live a productive and nearly-normal life. Good luck.
I know it’s possible. But not in ones control. It is also different for everyone. If I recall you had your diseased area cut out. Some people go into remission once the damaged area is gone. Mine can’t be cut out. I swear half the problem is actually the treatment.

I know you’ve been through hell. I’m “only” 15 years in. They say if I can get through the next ten years, things should get better. But lots of surgery.

I’m not down and out. I think I’m mostly very tired. Sometimes I see other people doing things and I can only wish I could enjoy some normalicy. I used to really like food and cooking. Now I eat for utility purposes. If I can eat at all.

I miss me some steak!

I never give up. With support from friends I can get through. Sometimes I just have to bitch. In real life I never say a word. I hide it.

But I shall torture you people.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 9:17pm   #70
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 72.3%

Thanked 33,110 Times in 11,608 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Pete, my first surgery was 40 years ago. My latest was July 28. I have 12 surgery scars on my belly. I’m missing three different sections of my small bowel, part of my large bowel and part of my bladder. I don’t know why yours can’t be removed. I will just say that after living with this for over 40 years I’m thoroughly convinced that your mental outlook and attitude has a huge impact on this particular disease. Fight it and win. It can be done.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 10:12pm   #71
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Pete, my first surgery was 40 years ago. My latest was July 28. I have 12 surgery scars on my belly. I’m missing three different sections of my small bowel, part of my large bowel and part of my bladder. I don’t know why yours can’t be removed. I will just say that after living with this for over 40 years I’m thoroughly convinced that your mental outlook and attitude has a huge impact on this particular disease. Fight it and win. It can be done.
Holy shit. Sorry to hear. My understanding is that my damage is in my terminal ilium close to the valve. Apparently most of my small bowel is scarred. I have had six inches removed. But the worst area can’t be cut out.

My mental outlook is definitely not good. I can’t imagine going through what you have. How old were you when diagnosed? I’d say my biggest issue (besides the pain lately) is fatigue. It has gotten much worse since I returned from Nicaragua. To the point of disability.

Now, this flare has lasted so long. I’m pretty tough since pain is really just part of the deal. But I think the constant, relentless nature of this six month flare is jacking with my brain chemistry. Somehow I need to find the energy to spin up the business.

I have some oddball but interesting opportunities. I’m going to take this coming week and just wind down while I recover. I am hoping this surgery will stop the pain. (After causing a shit load of pain!)

Then, I’m hoping this is the end of the surgeries for a while. I need to work my ass off.
Old 09-16-2020, 9:32pm   #72
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Not sure what I think about this. The urologist was pretty certain scar tissue was causing the issue. Put me under and found none. Prostate is the issue. He wants to increase med dosage for thirty days to see if that makes a difference. If not, a far more serious surgery is on the way.

He said “you could drive a truck through there”. I’m hoping that’s not part of the treatment.

I was praying that this procedure today would give me some relief. I’m going on seven months of pain. Now, at least another month of pain. I’m going to guess that civil unrest will delay that even further and I don’t want to be laid up for six weeks during that time.

I’m going on liquid diet again because every time I eat pain gets worse. Holy shit. On the up side, I’ll lose some weight. I think not eating will reduce pain.

I can’t take pain pills. I’m going to have to just bear it. Hearing Steve’s story, I’m convinced I can get through it.

I can’t believe it. I really thought this was the end of it. On the other hand, I finally received my truck. 2012 4Runner Limited.
Old 09-17-2020, 5:59am   #73
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

You'll get through this Pete.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 7:16am   #74
LisaJohn
Barn Stall Owner #1000
1000th member
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 14.0%

Thanked 4,790 Times in 2,620 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2425793

Hang in there!
LisaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 10:35am   #75
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 6,904 Times in 2,607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Hang in there Pete!
Loco Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 6:00pm   #76
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

I’m hanging! Worked ten hours today. I am implementing some changes to the business, making calls, starting radio show and changing my thinking.

Separate thread on a music idea.

One big change is developing offerings for smaller companies. I’m accustomed to charging pretty high rates because I literally transform companies from losing money to profitable. The challenge right now is that companies are not making any commitments.

So my short term answer is to do project work and control expectations by being honest. For example, someone wanted me to develop a video podcast for them today. Normally I’d say no, even though I produce my own podcast and can nail it off. The reason is because it won’t drive sales by itself but they usually think it will.

Most “marketing” people would say something like “Absolutely we can do that. It’s gonna change your life!” They know that is bullshit, but they take the money.

I may do the project these days, but I am honest with people. Generating qualified leads for B2B companies takes a plan and a program. It’s ****ing hard to pull off and labor intensive. It takes spending 10%-15% of your revenue.

However, I can see that doing smaller projects can lead to bigger ones, as long as expectations are managed. Over the years I’ve learned that success in marketing and sales takes a system of communications. No single thing will move the needle.

It’s a combination of strategic efforts that gets it done. My point is that I’ve had an “all or nothing” attitude. Now I must compromise to survive. But I won’t bullshit people.

E.g., that (podcast, email program, social media, website) by itself won’t produce an ROI unless you are very lucky. But I can help you build it as long as you understand this.

Does that make any sense?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 6:31pm   #77
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

With the thread title of "I'm in trouble", I was expecting someone to be preggers. WTF?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 6:50pm   #78
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 54.7%

Thanked 25,498 Times in 9,899 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:

I've been fighting the same disease for 50 years that i caught overseas, the reason i get military disability. I just don't post it and talk about it with friends and family.

I was Awol for a week or so last month here because i was counseling and listening sometimes until 3am with a woman that lost their 11 year old son because he blew his brains out with a gun because he couldn't handle life. Now she's in a Mental Hospital. I watched my brother die of cancer and he stayed positive all the time right up until his death. Don't mean to be hard but how long is this thread going to go on? You've had 15 years of sympathy from family and friends and 11 days from members here.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 9:27pm   #79
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I've been fighting the same disease for 50 years that i caught overseas, the reason i get military disability. I just don't post it and talk about it with friends and family.

I was Awol for a week or so last month here because i was counseling and listening sometimes until 3am with a woman that lost their 11 year old son because he blew his brains out with a gun because he couldn't handle life. Now she's in a Mental Hospital. I watched my brother die of cancer and he stayed positive all the time right up until his death. Don't mean to be hard but how long is this thread going to go on? You've had 15 years of sympathy from family and friends and 11 days from members here.
Holy **** are you an asshole. As Snik has mentioned in his other threads, he posts here for counseling, because we listen. And sympathize. And care.

So **** off and die.
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 9:31pm   #80
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post

Nobody forced you to click on it. Now that you mention it, I think I’ll post here until the problem is gone. Might be a while. Enjoy!

Btw, nobody noticed you were gone.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic