Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2024, 10:56am   #1661
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,453 Times in 10,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Did you shop for any new vehicle during the supply chain crisis, late 2021 to mid 2022? I actually called Hyundai of New Port Richey. They were at least honest when I called. While they did NOT have a mark up, you had to purchase a car care package (like treatment on paint and seats which is really worth very little) for $3k if you don't live in the local area. As I was 50 miles away, I would have to purchase that $3k car care package to be able to buy the car at MSRP
There reasoning is that if I'm not local to them, I'll have the car serviced somewhere else which costs them money. I see that $3k as a mark up as you are paying $3k for something worth maybe $50.

I was NOT willing to pay a single cent over MSRP. I didn't back then and I wouldn't do that right now.. MSRP is the absolutely maximum I would pay for a car and I would NOT pay for a single dealer add on options. Those are all scams.. Those are cheap items that they sell you at 10 to 100 times their cost.
I ordered a new F250 Lariat in the spring of 2021. When it looked like it was not going to be built in a timely manner I grabbed a F250 Platinum that came in for dealer stock.

Yes they were asking 10K over MSRP and I had to negotiate hard to get them to sell me at MSRP.

Be honest, you are cheap and anything that you spend money on that doesn’t meet your expectations means the other party is a scam.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 10:57am   #1662
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
So you didn’t have a written quote so you had nothing.

And mark up is not unethical, it’s a business for profit and if the market allows it the seller is going to take advantage of the market.

Are you unethical for charging market rate for your rentals?
Crickets. What a surprise.

GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:57am   #1663
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,745 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Here is one example.. You pull up this F150 Lightning on Autotrader..

Now, look at the fine print in the add. That price includes all available incentives and virtually nobody qualifies for any of them. Just read through the fine print.. That car costs significantly more.. There should be a law that the advertised price is that everyone has to pay and not an unrealistic price that includes down payment, incentives they don't qualify for etc.
So... Mr. Anti-government wants the government to regulate the cost of cars and regulate what businesses are allowed to charge.

Interesting.

The regulation is that the shit is listed. And it is. If you go to that dealer and are surprised by the final price, it's because you're an idiot.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 10:57am   #1664
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,985 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:

$39995

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Now, look at the fine print in the add. That price includes all available incentives and virtually nobody qualifies for any of them. Just read through the fine print.. That car costs significantly more.. There should be a law that the advertised price is that everyone has to pay and not an unrealistic price that includes down payment, incentives they don't qualify for etc.
First mistake is using Autotrader. Like Red said, their ads are automated and can be delayed. Also, if you're looking at a car with a stock image, like what you linked, it's most likely not even at the dealership. It's still being built, in transit, or custom ordered (ie sold). You can use those sites to find vehicles but then I go to the actual dealer site to determine a more accurate price.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:59am   #1665
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,453 Times in 10,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Landlords will raise their rates when property taxes go up, insurance cost goes up etc. etc. as otherwise they lose money.
STEALERSHIPS on the other hand paid the SAME amount for the vehicles to the manufacturer, yet, sold them more expensive. I would have no problem if a manufacturer increases MSRP due to increased cost.. No issues at all with that.. However, STEALERSHIPS did NOT have increased cost on those vehicles. They just wanted more profit as supply was low and they wanted to take advantage of that.
NOPE
Landlords will charge market rate for rentals. Period.
Expenses have ZERO to do with it.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 11:00am   #1666
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 77.3%

Quote:

$39995

Another one with a fake price..

Quote:
All new vehicles include a $2000 trade-in assistance dealer discount and a $1000 financing discount. This price requires a trade less than 7 model years old and 120,00 miles or less. Oxford White 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro AWD Single-Speed Automatic Electric Motor BLUETOOTH, MP3- USB / I-POD READY, USB ADAPTER, SATELLITE RADIO / SIRIUS XM, NAVIGATION GPS NAV, MOONROOF SUNROOF, REARVIEW / BACKUP CAMERA, COOLED A/C VENTILATED SEATS, SERVICE RECORDS AVAILABLE, REMAINDER OF FACTORY WARRANTY, HEATED SEATS, ALL WHEEL DRIVE, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE 4WD.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:01am   #1667
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime1996525 View Post
First mistake is using Autotrader. Like Red said, their ads are automated and can be delayed. Also, if you're looking at a car with a stock image, like what you linked, it's most likely not even at the dealership. It's still being built, in transit, or custom ordered (ie sold). You can use those sites to find vehicles but then I go to the actual dealer site to determine a more accurate price.
What site do you recommend to look for a vehicle NATIONWIDE? There is no way that you can scan thousands of dealer sites..
Old 03-21-2024, 11:03am   #1668
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,985 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:
What site do you recommend to look for a vehicle NATIONWIDE? There is no way that you can scan thousands of dealer sites..
Autotrader is fine for searching but I'd use the actual dealer website when you find what you want.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:03am   #1669
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Landlords will raise their rates when property taxes go up, insurance cost goes up etc. etc. as otherwise they lose money.
STEALERSHIPS on the other hand paid the SAME amount for the vehicles to the manufacturer, yet, sold them more expensive. I would have no problem if a manufacturer increases MSRP due to increased cost.. No issues at all with that.. However, STEALERSHIPS did NOT have increased cost on those vehicles. They just wanted more profit as supply was low and they wanted to take advantage of that.
This may actually be the most f**king ignorant shit you've ever said.

What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when TAXES go up?
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when INSURANCE goes up? Yes, genius, insurance is 1 of, if not THE largest expense a dealership has.
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when transportation costs go up?
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when health benefits and expenses to employees skyrockets?
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when electricity, water, internet, and every other ****ing expense goes up.

Are you really so pathetically simple minded that you think the only thing that matters is how much they paid the manufacturer for the car?

I refuse to believe that you're really that colossally f**king stupid.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:04am   #1670
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime1996525 View Post
Autotrader is fine for searching but I'd use the actual dealer website when you find what you want.
I usually do that. They still list the same fake price on their website and in the fine print somewhere in the text, they add all the scum mark ups and fees.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:06am   #1671
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
"Fake"? You are quite literally quoting where they are explaining exactly what the final price will be.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 11:06am   #1672
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post

What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when INSURANCE goes up? Yes, genius, insurance is 1 of, if not THE largest expense a dealership has.
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when transportation costs go up?
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when health benefits and expenses to employees skyrockets?
What in the F**K do you think happens to a dealership when electricity, water, internet, and every other ****ing expense goes up.

Are you really so pathetically simple minded that you think the only thing that matters is how much they paid the manufacturer for the car?

Nothing went up for them. They cashed in more profit because demand was high and inventory was low. They are now selling the same cars for under MSRP with no mark ups becuause demand it low. Their "COST" didn't change much. They just took advantage of low inventory and high demand to jack up their prices.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:06am   #1673
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts

Does anyone else want to grab a case of soda and go on a road trip with Oliver, or is it just me?
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:07am   #1674
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
I usually do that. They still list the same fake price on their website and in the fine print somewhere in the text, they add all the scum mark ups and fees.
I present exhibit A.) as to why dealers are assholes.

Try to imagine dealing with this ... a dozen or more times a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
Does anyone else want to grab a case of soda and go on a road trip with Oliver, or is it just me?
I'll bring a bottle of bourbon for the poor salesman that is unlucky enough to end up on the other end of that nonsense.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:08am   #1675
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:

BTW, there is also something called FAIR MARKET RENT for houses just like there is a MSRP for cars. I NEVER charge anyone above FAIR MARKET RENT just like dealerships should not charge over MSRP.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:08am   #1676
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
BTW, there is also something called FAIR MARKET RENT for houses just like there is a MSRP for cars. I NEVER charge anyone above FAIR MARKET RENT just like dealerships should not charge over MSRP.
Indeed. FAIR MARKET. Market is not MSRP.

Thanks for playing.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:12am   #1677
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Nothing went up for them. They cashed in more profit because demand was high and inventory was low. They are now selling the same cars for under MSRP with no mark ups becuause demand it low. Their "COST" didn't change much. They just took advantage of low inventory and high demand to jack up their prices.

Yes. By all means. Use all of your insight to tell the guy that owned a dealership in the time that that shit was happening how much things didn't go up.

More profit???? Yes, that's exactly why close to 50% of auto dealers in the US went out of business in a 4 year span.

If you actually believe that, you really are an absolute f**king idiot.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:13am   #1678
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Indeed. FAIR MARKET. Market is not MSRP.

Thanks for playing.
Look, to each their own. If I buy a Tesla, I will pay the advertised price of the vehicle, federally mandated destination charge, sales tax and tag&title state fees. That's it. No games. No fake prices.
I don't want to have to read a page full of small print to find out what the price is. If the advertised price is not what they are charging, I walk out. That's it. I walked out on a few dealers in the past. My last positive experience was at the Hyundai dealership in Maryland where I purchased my Kona Electric.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:14am   #1679
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,194 Times in 4,609 Posts

Quote:
This marketing / sales strategy is legal, no laws are being broken.
It is CAPITALISM at its finest, consumers have options, they can opt for another stealership.

And you called me a socialist the other day,,,
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 11:14am   #1680
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Look, to each their own. If I buy a Tesla, I will pay the advertised price of the vehicle, federally mandated destination charge, sales tax and tag&title state fees. That's it. No games. No fake prices.
I don't want to have to read a page full of small print to find out what the price is. If the advertised price is not what they are charging, I walk out. That's it. I walked out on a few dealers in the past. My last positive experience was at the Hyundai dealership in Maryland where I purchased my Kona Electric.
On behalf of every other dealership, thank you for shopping elsewhere.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic