Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > General Corvette Topics > Detailing/Car Care
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Detailing/Car Care Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2009, 9:03pm   #1
TR6speed
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1311
Default Adams Detail Products Water;ess Car Wash

Man do I love this stuff. If you have not heard about it, or tried it, you need to. You will not be disappointed.
Friday night 10 of our club cars help a local high school in the Homecoming event. We arrived at the school at 6:30 and parked the cars in a grassy area. Of course they drew a crowd of the students, parents and faculty. We were there for about an hour and a half before the halftime event. Well as you can imagine there was a nice layer of dust covering the car. Having a open car show early the next day, the first thing I did when I got home was get out the WCW and get started. I finished that phase in a short time and then got to work on the interior, wheels and engine touch up. Saturday morning (7:00 am) off to the show. Again in a grass field (just my luck) Rear hatch open, hood open and windows down (15 - 20 mph wind all day) Exterior covered with layer of dust Interior covered with layer of dust leaves and grass in the rear hatch area along with the same in the engine compartment.

My plan was to wash the car today and clean up the interior and engine compartment (again). Oh look there is a hurricane in the gulf that may send heavy rain and wind my way on Tuesday. Break out the WCW again. Completed the complete clean up in about two hours, the WCW as about 20 minutes. Man I love this stuff (did I already say that). I will be ordering the gallon refill tomorrow, as I can see I will be using this product as much as the Detail Spray.

Thank you Adam for another great product.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31pm   #2
Vette Guy
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1339

I used it at a car show after driving for 2 hours through rain. Worked like a car wash with no water. Amazing stuff. A few minor scratches, but nothing that didn't buff right out. I'd reccommend it to any one no matter what color car they have.
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 6:39pm   #3
The Dingo
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1278

Is this their quick detailer or a waterless car wash?

I use their quick detailer and LOVE it. I tried another popular brand and it was junk compared to Adams. In fact I need to restock.

Smells awesome too.
The Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 9:00pm   #4
TR6speed
Charter Member

It is a Waterless Car Wash. You appy it like the detail spray, actually I apply a little more. It has special lubricants that encapculate the dirt. They have special drying towels, although I would think their normal waffle towels (the white ones) will also work. I have two of the blue waffle towels that they (Adams) recommends to use, plus I just ordered the special they haveon now. A gallon refill, a 16oz bottle of the wash and a towel. It will be here tomorrow.

Check it out on their site as well as the Adams Detail Forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to TR6speed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07pm   #5
The Dingo
Vette Barn Crew

I'll check it out. I was going to buy more Quick Detailer but the stuff you are talking about might suit my use better.
Old 11-13-2009, 8:15am   #6
TR6speed
Charter Member

They are two different products. The WCW is designed to get the dirt off when it is not in need of a full soapy wash. Where the detail spray is designed to give the finish a nice shine in between waxes. Don't substitued one for the other. I will apply a quick coat of the detail spray after the WCW.
Old 11-14-2009, 8:01am   #7
The Dingo
Vette Barn Crew

I figured they were different but so far I've just been using the quick detailer on my motorcycle. I bought it new and as it is mostly a weekend toy that I avoid taking out in bad weather. It has only ever needed on wash with water and soap once so far and the quick detailer served seems to have served me well so far and the paint seems as good as when the bike was new.

I'm not a fan of using water one the bike so I think the WCW will serve me well.

I know the Australian Adam's agent through Corvettes so it sounds like I need to call him and ask him to sell me both the WCW and some more quick detailer.

The Vette Barn > General Corvette Topics > Detailing/Car Care