Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2023, 9:26am   #1
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,552 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default Wife was on the button.......

Went grocery shopping this morning, and heading back to the car, she hits the trunk open button, AND......

at the SAME TIME another car real close by, pops it's trunk also.......

wife taken aback and laughing, the other couple was laughing also....happened to hit their buttons at same time.......

Watt are the odds???

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 9:45am   #2
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 29.1%

Thanked 33,849 Times in 12,334 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 9:52am   #3
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 51.8%

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

When we bought out home back in 97, shortly thereafter,i replaced the doorbell with a remote setup where I could place a couple bells around the house and up stairs.

For the next few weeks whenever I came home, as I entered the door, I hit the doorbell to hear different tunes and also piss off our dog.

One of our neighbors across the street was a bit of a whack job, so I thought. Whenever I came home, she'd be outside yelling at kids or some damn thing. I bring stuff n and go back outside watching her do something.

I went out around 5am one day to get a paper and came back and there she was walking around outside. She was close enough to ask me if I had seen anyone around her house for which I didn't because someone has been ringing her doorbell for a couple weeks now and nobody was outside and pissing her off beyond.

Later on in the day when we came back, I hit the doorbell and went to the window and sure enough, out she came for I realized the culprit was me.

She had the same door bell setup and left it at factory settings as I did. I never told her but miraculously it all stopped
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 10:01am   #4
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 29.1%

Thanked 33,849 Times in 12,334 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 1:10pm   #5
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 27.0%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,360 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Watt are the odds???

One.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 1:19pm   #6
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 90.6%

Thanked 41,264 Times in 17,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
Probably Mormons, just wanting to know if the homeowner had heard the Good Mews.

[I'll just show myself out now, thanks.]
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 1:34pm   #7
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 1,355 Times in 529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

In the 80's in Stockton the richest guy was AG Spanos. Lived in Stockton, worked in LA, took a jet back and forth every day. One of his family members (one of his parents?) didn't care about being rich and lived in their same midcentury modern happily. But they just had to show off, so they bought the house next door, tore it down and built a garage with like 10 doors. Stored other family members cars or something there. They often annpyed neighbors with pushy security guards confronting people all over the block.

One nght a friend drove by, in anger pointed their own garage door opener at the garage and said, "Open up you assholes!!", and one of the doors opened. They stopped, puched the buton to close it and left. Any time the security got pushy, they would find the door open at 3:00 am. then the kids upped the game by ALL bringing their own remotes until they had found enough to open half the doors. For a number of years it became musical doors at 3:00 am.

At least the kids weren't doing drugs and listening to that horrible punk rock music.
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 3:09pm   #8
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,466 Times in 2,604 Posts

Early 70's my mom worked at our local Ford dealer. My parents had a '72 LTD then, which was of course new-ish at that time.

A frequent customer came in to test drive a new LTD. The salesman gave him the keys, a general description of where the brand new car was, and asked him to be back in an hour or less.

My mom left for her lunch break and her car was missing. Turns out the keys were identical in both cars, and the customer had picked out the wrong car.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 3:24pm   #9
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Early 70's my mom worked at our local Ford dealer. My parents had a '72 LTD then, which was of course new-ish at that time.

A frequent customer came in to test drive a new LTD. The salesman gave him the keys, a general description of where the brand new car was, and asked him to be back in an hour or less.

My mom left for her lunch break and her car was missing. Turns out the keys were identical in both cars, and the customer had picked out the wrong car.
In 1983 I worked at a large repair shop. 28 bays, 3 levels, downtown SF. Got a job order for a yellow '71 Cougar convertible for a tune up and lube. 351C engine, never been tuned. Original plugs with the purple paint on them, all stuck. Had to breaker-bar every plug. That tune up kicked my ass. But did it run great afterward with new plugs and points! HUGE difference. I was changing into my street clothes at end of shift, 5pm, when the service manager came into the locker room, saying the Cougar customer was pissed I didn't work on their car. I went upstairs, and there was an identical '71 Cougar ragtop, mustard yellow, with the same lock numbers. I had NOT worked on it. I tuned the one that came in only for an oil change! So, downstairs I went, and tuned this one up....also a 351C and a PITA. Two identical cars, both 12 years old, same locks/keys. What are the odds??
40 years ago and seems like yesterday.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 5:54pm   #10
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 90.6%

Thanked 41,264 Times in 17,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
In 1983 I worked at a large repair shop. 28 bays, 3 levels, downtown SF. Got a job order for a yellow '71 Cougar convertible for a tune up and lube. 351C engine, never been tuned. Original plugs with the purple paint on them, all stuck. Had to breaker-bar every plug. That tune up kicked my ass. But did it run great afterward with new plugs and points! HUGE difference. I was changing into my street clothes at end of shift, 5pm, when the service manager came into the locker room, saying the Cougar customer was pissed I didn't work on their car. I went upstairs, and there was an identical '71 Cougar ragtop, mustard yellow, with the same lock numbers. I had NOT worked on it. I tuned the one that came in only for an oil change! So, downstairs I went, and tuned this one up....also a 351C and a PITA. Two identical cars, both 12 years old, same locks/keys. What are the odds??
40 years ago and seems like yesterday.
Did the shop notify the owner of the first car? Tricky, that. Most people would be glad to have some free work, especially if it improved performance of the car, but you just know there's someone out there that would complain anyway, because some people are like that.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2023, 6:12pm   #11
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 51.8%

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post

Nice, but I'll one up you. When I was in flight school in the mid 70's a couple guys had the same identical Suzuki motorcycles. .

Neither one did any basic mods or add ons to them so they were identical. They did not know it at the time but one of the guys key fit both bikes.

One day, one of them came out and his key would not fit and could not figure out why. He screwed with it for an hour and nothing.

He saw the other guy walking toward a car and asked him if he had any problem with his ignition. He said no, but that he had traded the bike in for a new car the day before.

So they both went back to the deal to exchange the bikes

slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic