Old 05-10-2023, 1:01pm   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,442 Times in 17,240 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default Facing Literal Illegal Invasion Horde, Brandon Reinstitutes Trump Immigration Policy

https://www.dailywire.com/news/in-ma...itle-42-repeal

Quote:
In Major Reversal, Biden Resurrects Trump Border Policy Ahead Of Title 42 Repeal
By Tim Pearce

May 10, 2023 DailyWire.com

The Biden administration has brought back a Trump-era immigration rule the day before Title 42 is scheduled to sunset and encourage a wave of illegal immigration into the U.S.

The rule, finalized and published in the Federal Register on Wednesday, disqualifies migrants from applying for asylum in the U.S. if they neglected to first apply for asylum in other countries they traveled through, such as Mexico. Hundreds of asylum officers were trained in how to enforce the rule on Tuesday ahead of Title 42’s expiration, according to CBS News.

The new rule, a reversal of President Joe Biden’s campaign promises, comes as the administration has failed for more than two years to control historic levels of illegal immigration into the U.S. The ongoing crisis at the southern border is widely expected to worsen later this week when Title 42, a health order authorizing border officials to immediately expel migrants without processing, is repealed at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday.

When former President Donald Trump implemented the rule to contain illegal immigration, Biden was one of his most vocal critics. Biden used Trump’s immigration policies as a club during the 2020 presidential campaign.

“This is the first president in the history of the United States of America that anybody seeking asylum has to do it in another country,” Biden said during the final debate of the campaign. “That’s never happened before in America.”

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has scrambled to prepare for the surge, which has already begun to materialize days before Title 42 expires. DHS requested and received 1,500 military personnel from the Pentagon to help perform administrative tasks on the border and free up more border agents for enforcement.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection partnered with local and state law enforcement to begin sweeping thousands of illegal migrants off the streets of El Paso, Texas, one of the hotspots for illegal migration. El Paso Democratic Mayor Oscar Leeser preemptively declared a state of emergency in the city. He has previously estimated that 15,000 migrants could be in position to flood into the city from Ciudad Juarez when Title 42 is ended.

Immigration officials have seen a steady surge in illegal migration in the weeks leading up to Title 42’s end. Border Patrol chief Raul Ortiz reported on Monday that Border Patrol averaged nearly 9,000 migrant apprehensions per day and tallied over 7,000 gotaways, illegal immigrants who were seen entering the U.S. but could not be apprehended. On Tuesday, more than 11,000 migrants were reportedly caught crossing the southern border.

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2023, 7:14am   #2
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 52.9%

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,179 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Seems to make sense.

I don't want to apply for all these countries I'm passing through because they are not much better than the one I came from. I will pick the US for asylum.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:13am   #3
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,442 Times in 17,240 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Seems to make sense.

I don't want to apply for all these countries I'm passing through because they are not much better than the one I came from. I will pick the US for asylum.
It's why none of them belong here. They're economic migrants, not actual legitimate asylum seekers. None of those people are being persecuted by their home government. Their home government's dont GAF about them, certainly not enough to persecute them. Every one should be repelled. Just don't let them in. Don't we have LRAD's? Tear gas? Bean bag rounds? Rubber bullets?

I bet we do. They need to simply be repelled with reasonable force if they refuse to leave the border. Instead, we're setting up shelters, cots, buses, plane tickets....we're simply preparing to ship them around the country.

Bye bye, America, it's been a good ride, but it's over now.

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 1:23pm   #4
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Seems to make sense.

That's not how it works. Asylum is a method of escaping political or religious persecution from your own country. You escape your shitty country to a neighboring one where the conditions are more tolerable.

The world population is over 24 times the US population. Suppose that just 5% sought asylum in the US. That would more than double the US population.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion