Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
This is the first time in U.S. history the Debt-Ceiling was even an issue.
The longest Debt-ceiling debate I believe was about an hour under Nixon .. which was merely acknowledging the implications say, as the Founding Fathers would digress ...

This is the first time in U.S. History that an AAA credit rating was lowered and as a double wammy because of the Debt-Ceiling debate.

The market decline we saw in the last 2 weeks had nothing to do with the U.S. debt and it's ceiling ... (see Denmark as the only other country with a Debt-ceiling which is so high as to never be attainable ...) ... it was caused by uncertainty of the Debt-Ceiling debate ...

It was a manufactured hoax by the GOP/Tea Party as the first time in U.S. History ... this was confirmed by Boehner, McConnel and the Tea Party as holding America hostage until they got 98% of what they wanted ... or cisis-causing filibuster ...

The right-wing wackos like West and Boehner are starting to creep out and blame Obama for this market downturn for not giving-in to them ...

I don't see how they can last now especially at the human capital level say like Wisconsin who are taking their state back ...

You need a new slogan now ..
That's because for all but a fraction of the time we've had a debt ceiling to raise, we've also had a Democratically controlled Congress. In the history of mankind a Democrat has never said no to having the ability to spend more money.

A new slogan? How about "Enough is enough."

There is a point where the people who do most of the paying and supporting in this country get fed up with money going to Washington for which those paying receive virtually nothing in return. We see it going to war to keep terrorists fighting there instead of here and think that's good.

But then we see that's just a quarter of the federal budget.

Then folks working 40+ hours a week, or two jobs see Congress vote those who can't find a job should get 99 weeks of unemployment. And we should pay for everybody to get healthcare and then every kid should get to go the college, and free lunches at schools and federal grants give away our money for all many of crap we have no use for.

Enough IS enough.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 7:51pm   #22
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post

Enough IS enough.
Not quite ... you're just seeing the beginning of the stupidity.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 7:57pm   #23
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
That's because for all but a fraction of the time we've had a debt ceiling to raise, we've also had a Democratically controlled Congress. In the history of mankind a Democrat has never said no to having the ability to spend more money.

A new slogan? How about "Enough is enough."

There is a point where the people who do most of the paying and supporting in this country get fed up with money going to Washington for which those paying receive virtually nothing in return. We see it going to war to keep terrorists fighting there instead of here and think that's good.

But then we see that's just a quarter of the federal budget.

Then folks working 40+ hours a week, or two jobs see Congress vote those who can't find a job should get 99 weeks of unemployment. And we should pay for everybody to get healthcare and then every kid should get to go the college, and free lunches at schools and federal grants give away our money for all many of crap we have no use for.

Enough IS enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Not quite ... you're just seeing the beginning of the stupidity.
What you saw today in the markets is another GOP/Tea Party slogan destroyed ...

*This is about saving your/ours childrens' future (however that slogan was destroyed the moment Tea Party loudmouth Joe Walsh was exposed as a deadbeat dad ..) ...

*But we destroyed your children for today ...*
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 8:02pm   #24
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
What you saw today in the markets is another GOP/Tea Party slogan destroyed ... *This is about saving your/ours childrens' future (however that slogan was destroyed the moment Tea Party loudmouth Joe Walsh was exposed as a deadbeat dad ..) ...

*But we destroyed your children for today ...*
Destroyed your children? Every kid born today comes into this world with a $50,000 bill hanging around their neck.

The only ones who actually want to do something to lower that debt were the tea partyers.
The Republicans wanted everything done before the 2012 elections so Obama would have to pay the price. The Dems wanted it to take 12 years to have any reduction at all, so they could point to to a giant meaningless number.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 8:04pm   #25
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Destroyed your children? Every kid born today comes into this world with a $50,000 bill hanging around their neck.

The only ones who actually want to do something to lower that debt were the tea partyers.
The Republicans wanted everything done before the 2012 elections so Obama would have to pay the price. The Dems wanted it to take 12 years to have any reduction at all, so they could point to to a giant meaningless number.
Yeah but the Ryan Plan was to have no effect on the deficits until 75 years from now ... that is, if we take away your social security and medicare now ... we will have no deficits in the year 2086 ...
Old 08-08-2011, 8:05pm   #26
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Hopefully they will be able to use the toilets, electricity and roads ... if they get a Job to use them.

Oh wait ... I forgot, the Tax Breaks will take care of that ... maybe for their grandchildren.
Old 08-08-2011, 8:14pm   #27
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Hopefully they will be able to use the toilets, electricity and roads ... if they get a Job to use them.

Oh wait ... I forgot, the Tax Breaks will take care of that ... maybe for their grandchildren.
Hard to believe we've been reduced to fixing roads and bridges and picking-up trash just to recover like back in 1929 ... and Boehner and McConnell and the Tea Party who although came-in on this platform in 2010 still won't do it ... sad.
Old 08-08-2011, 8:27pm   #28
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Hard to believe we've been reduced to fixing roads and bridges and picking-up trash just to recover like back in 1929 ... and Boehner and McConnell and the Tea Party who although came-in on this platform in 2010 still won't do it ... sad.
It's not a reduction to maintain you property ... you take care of your house, I take care of my house ... it's not a reduction for me. I take pride in making my home better ... not keeping it statuesque.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion