Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C5 Corvette > C5 Open Discussion

C5 Open Discussion General and technical C5 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 3:49pm   #1
RetiredSFC 97
Barn Stall Owner #63
Activity: 2.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32270
biggrin Thank you to Mid America/My most excellent adventure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was going to go to Funfest this year but as I was booking rooms I noticed how they were jacking up the prices of hotels for us. So it kinda pissed me off and decided I wouldn't go on the principle of it.

I decided I would just go on my own and visit and purchase a few items I've been wanting. It was all actually my wife's idea and she wanted to buy something for the vette. So hey, I'm game for a roadtrip and purchase another mod or two.

So we went to Effingham on Thursday and had most of the place to ourselves, except for a couple other visitors.

They treated us great, went to the warehouse to get me a console cover in my desired color scheme. Gave me a great deal on a close out FRC/Z06 trunk divider. I got such a great deal on it I won't even post what I got it for, in case they want it back.

They're gearing up for Funfest, so it should be a good time for those who go. I was also told they get accused of being part of the Hotel Jack up rates and they assured me that isn't the case and are actually aggravated themself that it happens. I just wanted to throw that out for those who may believe they are part of it.

Mike was there but he was busy so I din't get to say hi to him.

For those who don't know, I didn't, they will give a complete tour of the facilities if you prearrange it. So that's on my list for next year.

I had my wife take a picture of my FRC at the old Gas Station mock up, but she boogered it up somehow and it's not on my camera. (don't tell her I accused her of this)

(Also for anyone who may want a T Shirt from the 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour/Mid America, they have some on close out. I was at Mid America last year on the HRPT so I went a head and bought me a shirt. can't beat 3 bucks.

We then drove back to Hannibal and spent Friday doing the Hannibal tourist thing.

yesterday we were treated to the All Corvette Car show in downtown Hannibal. I didn't take a bunch of pictures because we've seen them all before, but I did take a couple that caught my eye. Last night I met Larry Sparks?, who is the treasurer for the Mark Twain Corvette Club. Real nice guy. I think I'll plan to make this an annual event and enter their show. Don't care if I ever win anything but by having a FRC I feel obligated to show it to folks. I just don't see many FRC's at shows. Actuall I don't recall if I've seen an original FRC that wasn't a Z06, and not many C5 Z06's anymore either. they are just too damn nice a car not to show them to people, IMO.

Here are a couple pictures. I do have a couple more of my Car I will post when she sends them to me from her phone.

Couple interior pics of my car

Before trip

After trip

Last edited by RetiredSFC 97; 08-08-2011 at 2:48pm.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 9:55am   #2
Tulsa Vette Guy
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13

Good post.
Tulsa Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 8:40am   #3
catbert
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0.5%