Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2018, 8:30am   #41
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 8,398 Times in 4,251 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
1) If they show up at a port of entry and ask for asylum, just what law is it that they are breaking?

2) They come from a shithole with a murder rate exponentially greater than the worst places in the US. Wouldn't take too much to get me to come along if I thought my family could actually live without the fear of being robbed or shot for looking at someone the wrong way.

3) This has happened several times that I can remember over the last few years. There was a caravan last year. Remember the "caravan of kids" during the Obama years? That happened more than one year as well...back around 2014, 2015?

They're coming, we know they're coming, and the .gov should (and probably do) have a plan on how to handle them when they get here. A plan that doesn't include strafing them with A-10s for fuks sake.
Why wouldn't you stay and FIGHT for your country ? What we don't need are a bunch of ***** men that can't fix their place so come here and screw ours up.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 8:39am   #42
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

Quote:
1)

2) They come from a shithole with a murder rate exponentially greater than the worst places in the US. Wouldn't take too much to get me to come along if I thought my family could actually live without the fear of being robbed or shot for looking at someone the wrong way.

Then why aren't the men bringing their families?

One asshole was interviewed the other day and said the violence is so bad in his country his mother was murdered. So he's headed to the US. Without his wife and kids. Now, does that make sense?

They are coming for the free shit and to make a political statement during an election.

**** 'em.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broken Wind For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 9:26am   #43
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 12,538 Times in 5,853 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
1) If they show up at a port of entry and ask for asylum, just what law is it that they are breaking?

3) This has happened several times that I can remember over the last few years. There was a caravan last year. Remember the "caravan of kids" during the Obama years? That happened more than one year as well...back around 2014, 2015?

They're coming, we know they're coming, and the .gov should (and probably do) have a plan on how to handle them when they get here. A plan that doesn't include strafing them with A-10s for fuks sake.
Why are they waving the flag of the shitholes they are leaving while burning the flag of the place they want to escape to?
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50am   #44
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

You guys really think that entire caravan is walking in lock step with some political agenda? That someone managed to convince 4, 6, 8 thousand people to uproot and walk thousands of miles for the promise of, what exactly?

Is there a bad element within the crowd? Of course there is. It sure as hell isn't 100%, so what is it? 10%? 30%? What treatment do the rest deserve?

I'm not going to broad brush the whole group based on the actions of individuals. The world ain't that simple and those simplistic "solutions" that get thrown around? They're not solutions at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
And people like you are regurgitating it on social media platforms everywhere, even a random car forum. Congrats on carrying out this propaganda.
lol ....Fuk you. You've never shown me the intellectual capacity to understand any other viewpoint than your own, so your opinion is pretty much useless as far as I'm concerned. The red propaganda machine output is far surpassing the blue one on this caravan.

Boo Boo the Fool can see the right is ginning this up for their own gain. Fer crissakes quit being pawns.
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:21pm   #45
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 8,398 Times in 4,251 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

You've answered your own question. What makes 7-10,000 get up and leave ?

A better question-why didn't the 7-10,000 DO SOMETHING to change their government ? Do you really think you are getting the best that country has to offer ?

There is a report saying 400K have crossed this year ALREADY. What's another 10K ? Face it-80% of the world lives in poverty. The US can't take care of everyone

http://www.globalissues.org/article/...acts-and-stats

This is neither a Blue or Red thing. This is an American thing. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 12:28pm   #46
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
What makes 7-10,000 get up and leave ?

Face it-80% of the world lives in poverty.

...and you just answered yours.
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 1:42pm   #47
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Anyone who believes that this is not a completely bought and paid for expedition is willfully blind.

They are all wearing what looks like new clothes. Clean clothes. Who bought them and where do they clean them?

Who is feeding them? Who is paying for it?

Where do that many people go to the bathroom?

Where do they take showers? Shave?

Where do they sleep?

SMDH.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 1:46pm   #48
Antfarmer2
Banned
Activity: 96.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4469

They all look well feed and many just damn fat.
Antfarmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 2:22pm   #49
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

Hoog, seriously. Think about it. 7000 people just spontaneously decide to pull stakes, leave their families behind, and all head out at the same time headed in the same direction.

That takes organization and resources. I had a hard time getting a company of Marines to do that.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Broken Wind For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 2:24pm   #50
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,581 Times in 13,583 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Here is my compromise. Much like adoption, liberals can be part of the solution.

All those in favor of an open border, can sign up "Sally Struthers style", and agree to take in a refugee. They can take in as many as they want. They will be legally responsible for that person's actions, and financially responsible for their needs for the next 5 years for anyone over 18 and until age 23 for anyone under 18. If there are 10,000 people in that caravan, there only needs to be a maximum of 10,000 liberals to sign up.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 2:30pm   #51
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,581 Times in 13,583 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Why wouldn't you stay and FIGHT for your country ? What we don't need are a bunch of ***** men that can't fix their place so come here and screw ours up.
Valid question but at the same time, we are already here and we aren't fighting for ours. This is an invasion. Is anyone here willing to start sniping them?

I am willing. I have absolutely no compassion for my enemy. An invader is an enemy. If they were fleeing Cuba, Communist China, North Korea, I would feel differently. If they actually ESCAPED their country, I'd feel differently. It's not an escape when no one is trying to catch you.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 2:47pm   #52
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
You guys really think that entire caravan is walking in lock step with some political agenda? That someone managed to convince 4, 6, 8 thousand people to uproot and walk thousands of miles for the promise of, what exactly?
I'm curious what the genesis was for this caravan? My understanding is it began with approximately 160 people and snowballed from there. I'm not sure if I was a parent I'd subject my children to the hardships you'd expect to encounter on this march. Unless,,,,,,,, unless some assurances were in place to provide the basic necessities - food, shelter, medical care, etc.

Thinking this was wholly conceptualized, organized and implemented by the Dems is probably foolish. But I think once that snowball started rolling downhill and gathering in size, BOTH sides seized on the opportunity to politicize this.

Should this caravan actually reach the US-Mexico border I don't think sending the National Guard is necessarily a bad idea. They'd surely be overwhelmed with the shear volume of people.

It's not possible these people will reach the US by election day so we won't get to see how this is impacts mid-terms. I think this entire thing will fizzle out LONG before it becomes a crisis.
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 5:48pm   #53
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,231 Times in 17,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

They showed up at the Guatemalan port of entry and did not ask for asylum. They broke Guatemalan law by entering without permisson. They also destroyed fencing and equipment on their way in, and on their way OUT of Guatemala. More crimes. Then they attacked Mexican federales in their attempt to get into Mexico. More crimes. They did not ask Mexico for asylum. The federales held them at the bridge, but could not or would not stop them from wading across the river into Mexico, thereby violating Mexican immigration law, in addition to the bridge attack on the federales. More crimes. Then the federales tried a couple of times to stop them as they took over a major highway going north, which the horde repelled by using their kids as human shields. More crimes, including child abuse.....ongoing child abuse that occurred in Guatemala, too.

And now this merry band of confirmed criminals wants to apply in the US for asylum. Shit, I want to apply for asylum so they aren't anywhere near me. We don't need more criminals here, got plenty already.

I agree, but what leads you to believe some of them are NOT murderers and criminals looking for a better place to commit crimes? Did you watch them attack the border guards and tear down the gates? Those are military age men who aren't afraid to be violent when it suits them.

Why does this keep happening?

A: Because each time, they are successful. Hell, the last group made it, I can too. Want to stop this from happening? Don't let them in. And in the end, if tear gas, LRAD's, rubber bullets, etc. don't stop them, then it's gut check time. We have a right to keep them out. If it comes to it, and non lethal means aren't stopping them.....

I'm not advocating for violence against this group, and I hope a resolution can be made peacefully, that the folks that absolutely do not want to go back can apply to be refugees, housed in UN camps in southern Mexico, and the rest can be sent back. That's been offered to the group repeatedly and they have turned it down.

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 5:51pm   #54
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I'm not advocating for violence against this group
Bullshit. Why don't you head down with aerovette and start sniping them?

Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 5:59pm   #55
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

I wonder how all of the other illegal immigrants with decent under the table jobs feel about the arrival of tens of thousands of new Central American immigrants willing and able to work (probably cheaper) and take their jobs?

BTW, Mexicans are pretty racist toward people from Central America.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 5:59pm   #56
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I'm curious what the genesis was for this caravan? My understanding is it began with approximately 160 people and snowballed from there. I'm not sure if I was a parent I'd subject my children to the hardships you'd expect to encounter on this march. Unless,,,,,,,, unless some assurances were in place to provide the basic necessities - food, shelter, medical care, etc.

Thinking this was wholly conceptualized, organized and implemented by the Dems is probably foolish. But I think once that snowball started rolling downhill and gathering in size, BOTH sides seized on the opportunity to politicize this.

Should this caravan actually reach the US-Mexico border I don't think sending the National Guard is necessarily a bad idea. They'd surely be overwhelmed with the shear volume of people.

It's not possible these people will reach the US by election day so we won't get to see how this is impacts mid-terms. I think this entire thing will fizzle out LONG before it becomes a crisis.

I suspect these people were given money and continuing assistance on the trek, with the promise of a payout after they get into the US. Find out who is financing things. As Sea Six has pointed out.....who is keeping these folks clean, fed and well clothed. If I left my house with no money and a small suitcase of clothes, I'd look like shit after just a few days of walking day after day in a tropical climate. These people look fresh as a daisy. The young ladies wearing the florescent vests that seem to be directing the action are wearing sandals. You don't walk 25 miles a day in sandals. You just don't.

It's a put up job. Somebody or some group found people willing to do this for money and for the promise of taxpayer goodies once they get here.
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 6:02pm   #57
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Bullshit. Why don't you head down with aerovette and start sniping them?

Get off my lawn!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 7:16pm   #58
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 11,539 Times in 5,692 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Like it or not, the act of counting the wife's income same as hubbys in qualifying for a house purchase long about '70 or so, house prices near doubled in 2 years......and so that FORCED women into the workplace, and kids into daycare/substandard screwals......

look it up.....the population of the USA in the 50's was 150million people,.....

in the ~2018 about 350 million ......

the average white couple has had a declining birthrate from 1.8 down to 1.4 children per married couple/household.....

so what happened ??? 50-60 million illegals, plus how many others?? say 40 million just for conversation....

the only old friend I have that has 2+ kids is my age....the ONLY ONE I know of....all the rest are around 2 kids and most of them anywhere near my age have had NO KIDS!!!! and one gal lost hers in a aircraft accident some 30 years ago.....

Keep in mind, I talking of folks I have known for about 50 years....

so just what is in it for this nation to keep the illegals here??
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 4:17am   #59
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
Can't let them all in and should not let everyone in that walks up to the border.

But for this situation, it is different, it is political and those people are being used as pawns by our own government as well as their own nations.

Open the doors, let them in, and close it securely after they are all inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Do you understand that if we did what you suggest, this would be repeated an infinite number of times?

At about monthly intervals?

I ask you again, how many would you allow to enter like this?

Because it's not going to end with this one.

AAAAAAANNNNDDD...

Now there is another caravan. This one in El Salvador.

Ok Rob!

Big question!

Do you say to let the first one in, then close the door... locking out the new caravan...

Or...

Do you now say to open the door to the first one, but hold it open for the second one, THEN close it and keep it closed?

Old 10-25-2018, 4:23am   #60
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/...n-el-salvador/

Quote:
Another Caravan From El Salvador?

Did you hear about the migrant caravan? No… not that one. The current Honduran caravan is still weeks away from the United States and is causing more headline hysteria than any actual threat to our borders thus far. I’m talking about the new caravan. According to NBC News, this one is forming up in El Salvador and planning to leave next week. And it may make the Honduran group look like small potatoes.

As the Trump administration makes preparations to combat the 6,500 member Honduran migrant caravan making its way toward the United States, the Department of Homeland Security is also tracking a new caravan taking shape — this time from El Salvador, according to two U.S. officials, a local source on the ground in Central America and an internal U.S. government report obtained by NBC News.

The El Salvadoran caravan is still forming, but its members have plans to begin their journey northward towards the U.S. next week, according to the sources.

The internal report indicates that DHS is tracking the communications of caravan members, including a 230-member WhatsApp group that intends to leave on Oct. 31.

Just what we needed. A separate report suggests that this one is growing quickly and may consist of as many as 7,000 people. The fact that it would be coming from El Salvador is of no comfort either. Honduras is bad enough, with most of the country run by gangs and drug cartels, but El Salvador is the original home of MS-13. This is not to say that the migrants planning to travel are a pack of gang members, but would it be all that surprising if some of the aspiring MS-13 hopefuls decided to blend into the crowd and make their way into the country?

Before anyone on the left begins cheering this next army of migrants on, at what point are you going to admit that there’s a limit to how many incoming waves like this we can brace for before the system is entirely overloaded? The fact is, our immigration system at the border is already overloaded. We can’t process the asylum requests of the people showing up now in any reasonable amount of time. The Honduran flood of humanity would have us backed up for months. If we add another 7,000 on top of that we may as well just throw in the towel.

This is why we need a secure border with controlled access points. In other words, build the damn wall. But even that’s not enough. Mexico is the Safe Third Country in this equation and it should be their responsibility to either stop these people at their southern border or take them in as refugees themselves. Of course, history tells us that’s not going to happen so we’ll be left to deal with the crisis on our own. Meanwhile, Congress continues to play politics with border security in the form of the #RESIST movement. Either way, it doesn’t sound like this ends well at all.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic