Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 4:54pm   #61
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Except we aren’t faceless and anonymous...bill, Dave wells, and I are local and at the risk of speaking for them, we’re both absolutely available in person and local. You should still have my number, and I’d hope you wouldn’t hesitate to use it.

I just finished my patio..trying o find an excuse to smoke foods on the weekends, my doors always open.

I met James through here. He posted something about being in Vegas while the wife and I lived there. We met and became great friends. We even call each other, send pics, and silly texts. More craziness, his neighbor is a friend I've known for 30+ years.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:08pm   #62
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I have. Any idea what's driving it?
I don't know for sure, but I think a few things are playing into it. I have read that there is a shortage of stainless sport models at the AD's. I haven't been in an AD in over a year, I lost interest when this BS started. There are lots of theories about why there is a shortage, the big one being that Rolex wanted to create a buying frenzy. Nothing helps sell shit like a shortage does. They have also limited how much stock they are shipping of the new models. I think they are doing the Daytona thing with all their sport models now.

Another factor has to be the economy. Lots of hours being worked and the paychecks that result. Add in that watches are hot again and a bevy of other factors I haven't thought of also.

Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:18pm   #63
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Activity: 34.9%

Thanked 11,002 Times in 5,134 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997

Just hang in there aero.....life does have a way of sorting things out,sometimes it takes longer than you want or expect.
04 commemorative is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 04 commemorative For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 3:22pm   #64
96 Vette CE
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.8%

Location: Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice
Thanked 1,166 Times in 433 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3524

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
The challenge here is to find balance between defending/explaining myself, and accusations of being butt-hurt in the process.

Truth or no truth in ICs post, this event in my life has emotionally crippled me. I am devastated. This is not a question of whether I should or shouldn’t be. It is established that I AM. Shouting for me to get over it is the equivalent of shouting at someone in a wheelchair to get up and walk. You don’t have to subscribe to that analogy. It’s not subject to anyone’s approval.

Good for IC that he went to the gym or whatever, and got over it. I didn’t. Any distraction I find such as lawn work, my job, exercise, etc. still has the constant background noise of my failed marriage and the woman I still love very much. I married FOR LIFE. She didn’t. That ****s with my head and I am not going to apologize for it.
Some people lose a spouse in death and the next day, it is as if it never happened. They regroup and move on. Others die within weeks of losing their husband or wife purely from a broken heart and a loss of will to go forward alone. Granted she didn’t die, but that doesn’t offer much consolation. I am thankful to God every day that I am not a suicidal person, or you wouldn’t be reading this right now. To apply another’s method of healing to my ailment, is not necessarily going to work, and certainly not the “in your face” approach. This isn’t ****ing boot camp. It’s life and it happens to have kicked me in the sack at the moment. Maybe I have been fortunate to not have enough hardships in life to condition me for this. I don’t know.

My apologies for the repeated posts about what went down. I have good weeks and I have bad days. On the bad days, I reach out for the support of my friends. Therein lies the rub. I am 100% at fault for my own piss-poor definition of "friends". I misunderstood, and I was very wrong about what this actually is. This is a car forum. Not a buddy's house to hang in. Not a bar to drown my sorrows in. I didn't leave because I was butt-hurt and I can't stress that enough. I left because I was being a pain in the ass and it was pointed out to me. It was embarrassing quite honestly. That is what IC’s post drove home. I needed some support from friends and this isn't the place for that. You are anonymous people on a car forum. I was wrong to treat it any differently. In my defense, the Barn gives is a bit higher level of comfort and ease than the other place and I let that get the better of me. Over there, I am clearer on how the sausage is made. Here, I was mistaken. I place that blame 100% on me.
It’s difficult to plead my case and not be the drama queen. It’s difficult to speak my mind and not come across as butt-hurt. It’s difficult to share an emotion without coming across as a *****. For those reasons, I exited and I’ll remain “exited" for now. I will come back here one day. I have decided that when I am over my divorce and I am back to good. I’ll come back here.

Thank you to all that expressed concern. i'm sure I’ll be fine.

Cheers

You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for how you are feeling. Unfortunately there are assholes everywhere in this world and car forums are no exception.

Hang in there Jeff
96 Vette CE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 96 Vette CE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 4:01pm   #65
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Vette CE View Post
You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for how you are feeling. Unfortunately there are assholes everywhere in this world and car forums are no exception.

Hang in there Jeff
And if there's anyone who knows about car forum assholes, its this guy.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 6:34pm   #66
96 Vette CE
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.8%

Location: Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice
Thanked 1,166 Times in 433 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3524

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
And if there's anyone who knows about car forum assholes, its this guy.

And even I wouldn't kick a man when he's down
96 Vette CE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 96 Vette CE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 8:16pm   #67
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 13,569 Times in 6,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
The challenge here is to find balance between defending/explaining myself, and accusations of being butt-hurt in the process.

Truth or no truth in ICs post, this event in my life has emotionally crippled me. I am devastated. This is not a question of whether I should or shouldn’t be. It is established that I AM. Shouting for me to get over it is the equivalent of shouting at someone in a wheelchair to get up and walk. You don’t have to subscribe to that analogy. It’s not subject to anyone’s approval.

Good for IC that he went to the gym or whatever, and got over it. I didn’t. Any distraction I find such as lawn work, my job, exercise, etc. still has the constant background noise of my failed marriage and the woman I still love very much. I married FOR LIFE. She didn’t. That ****s with my head and I am not going to apologize for it.
Some people lose a spouse in death and the next day, it is as if it never happened. They regroup and move on. Others die within weeks of losing their husband or wife purely from a broken heart and a loss of will to go forward alone. Granted she didn’t die, but that doesn’t offer much consolation. I am thankful to God every day that I am not a suicidal person, or you wouldn’t be reading this right now. To apply another’s method of healing to my ailment, is not necessarily going to work, and certainly not the “in your face” approach. This isn’t ****ing boot camp. It’s life and it happens to have kicked me in the sack at the moment. Maybe I have been fortunate to not have enough hardships in life to condition me for this. I don’t know.

My apologies for the repeated posts about what went down. I have good weeks and I have bad days. On the bad days, I reach out for the support of my friends. Therein lies the rub. I am 100% at fault for my own piss-poor definition of "friends". I misunderstood, and I was very wrong about what this actually is. This is a car forum. Not a buddy's house to hang in. Not a bar to drown my sorrows in. I didn't leave because I was butt-hurt and I can't stress that enough. I left because I was being a pain in the ass and it was pointed out to me. It was embarrassing quite honestly. That is what IC’s post drove home. I needed some support from friends and this isn't the place for that. You are anonymous people on a car forum. I was wrong to treat it any differently. In my defense, the Barn gives is a bit higher level of comfort and ease than the other place and I let that get the better of me. Over there, I am clearer on how the sausage is made. Here, I was mistaken. I place that blame 100% on me.
It’s difficult to plead my case and not be the drama queen. It’s difficult to speak my mind and not come across as butt-hurt. It’s difficult to share an emotion without coming across as a *****. For those reasons, I exited and I’ll remain “exited" for now. I will come back here one day. I have decided that when I am over my divorce and I am back to good. I’ll come back here.

Thank you to all that expressed concern. i'm sure I’ll be fine.

Cheers
Jeff,
While you are right about the car forum types. You do have friends here and at CF or those that would be friends if you were close by them. Call anytime sir.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 9:12pm   #68
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,405 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Let’s just say..... we are an eclectic group put together by a common denominator. As such. We have people that believe in straight talk. No filter. Most of us have a empanthy filter. We understand but dont agree. The rest of us are semi-filtere

I appreciate your candor on these issues. I don’t know if any of this means anything. Believe in others
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 7:17am   #69
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 50.7%

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,177 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

I have found in off topic, not only here but the other place where many where their asses for hats is that it can be very therapeutic. I can be feeling a bit down one day, come on to off topic and read issues a person is having. The sympathy replies follow and soon enough, someone comes along and says something stupid and insensitive-but damn funny. I'm laughing til by gut hurts and then I don't feel so bad.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 8:48am   #70
Blademaker
Barn Stall Owner #89
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 6,760 Times in 3,415 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $536709986

Aerovette.......My best friend, right across the street from me is in a VERY similar situation.
Comparing his situation to yours........His is MUCH, MUCH worse than yours will ever be. His mother, (Living with him since his dad died 8 years ago) died from Alzheimer's in his home. His wife of almost 30 years, left him and filed for divorce. His two bitchy, stuck up, entitlement minded daughters informed him that they hated his guts. I could elaborate on several other events that occurred that shocked even this grouchy old fart, but I digress.
All of this happened within 36 days
Unfortunately........I got drug into this.
Shit.
I was/am always there for him to listen to him vent, weep, and moan. I offered advice when asked, and rolled my eyes when said advice was ignored. This went on for a couple of weeks.
But, as I said......I am his best friend.
And a realist.
And.....as his best friend, after a while, I told him what he NEEDED to hear, NOT what he WANTED to hear. Several times. And still do, almost every day. Not gonna stop either. He got mad ONCE and yelled at me, out of anger, and the fact that I am extremely hard of hearing.
I told him to **** off, I'll talk to you after you get your head screwed on straight. He apologized profusely in my front yard less than 2 minutes later. I'll see him 4-5 times a week, help him move shit around his house, and listen to updates. And when I head back home, it's a bro hug and a Thank you for telling me what I NEED to hear.
YOU, on the other hand, seem to LIKE being mollycoddled. Yeah, your life is pretty ****ed up right about now.
It can stay that way, looking at everybody here as "Kicking a man when he's down", or you can man up, accept it and MOVE ON. You cannot force someone to love you.....get that through your head.
Your call.
You'll most likely get all pissed off about this response, no shits given.
IC told you what you NEEDED to hear, and I agree 100% with him.

-The Blademaker
Blademaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blademaker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 6:32pm   #71
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 21,886 Times in 8,905 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

with Blademaker

In 1991 my "darling ex" ran off with one of my "friends". My world instantly collapsed and I was beyond heartbroken.

I decided the best way to get even was to do well for myself. It took a bit but I crawled out of the deep crevasse that was consuming me.

If you want to better yourself, then your climb to greatness will be your doing. If you wish to drown yourself in self pity, wallow away.

I do wish you the best and hope you realize your own "darling ex" has moved on. You should too.

Jeff
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2021, 9:49pm   #72
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Also tagging @chinaski because I miss that bastard.

Scott
WTF? Why did this show up now?
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:16pm   #73
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 14,835 Times in 6,553 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

Damn, three year old thread back from the dead
99 pewtercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 4:30am   #74
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post

BTW, have you seen what the prices are doing for that piece of shit on your wrist.....

Have you been keeping up on this? Prices have gone absolutely mental now.
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 8:08am   #75
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,438 Times in 17,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
@chinaski,

The VB won the big lottery, and we were trying to contact you to claim your share, but since we never heard from you, we just divvied up your share and spent it. Sorry about that.

Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2021, 9:03am   #76
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
@chinaski,

The VB won the big lottery, and we were trying to contact you to claim your share, but since we never heard from you, we just divvied up your share and spent it. Sorry about that.

U been here?
Attached Images

Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:32pm   #77
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.2%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,127 Times in 5,356 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
We’ve been trying to reach you about your car’s extended warranty.

NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:42pm   #78
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
We’ve been trying to reach you about your car’s extended warranty.

snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:27pm   #79
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 14,880 Times in 5,067 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
We want to make sure you're OK.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post: