Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 2:21am   #1
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Points: 39,588, Level: 100
Activity: 0.4%
 
Joecooool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 6,658
Thanks: 363
Thanked 1,764 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902
Default "This is a Catholic country"

That about sums shit up.

Ireland 'should change abortion law' after woman's death | World news | guardian.co.uk
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 2:53am   #2
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner
Points: 10,507, Level: 70
Activity: 0.5%
 
SteelCityBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Smashville, TN
Posts: 1,443
Thanks: 372
Thanked 212 Times in 154 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $106686
Default

I get it. But you are using a one off in avery isolated situation to diminish everything that religion has done. How many hospitals are Catholic that treat everyone? In this country?
SteelCityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 7:36am   #3
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Points: 26,370, Level: 100
Activity: 10.8%
 
Loco Vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 13,215
Thanks: 8,255
Thanked 4,830 Times in 1,830 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBlue View Post
I get it. But you are using a one off in avery isolated situation to diminish everything that religion has done. How many hospitals are Catholic that treat everyone? In this country?
Quit that thinking! Recite the mantra!
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 8:36am   #4
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

The deep rooted obsession and hatred of religion that you seem to have combined with your own delusions of enlightenment and self righteousness is absolutely insane.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08am   #5
Thomas
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 75,886, Level: 100
Activity: 27.0%
 
Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bukkake ruined my carpet
Posts: 25,555
Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 10,187 Times in 4,688 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
The deep rooted obsession and hatred of religion that you seem to have combined with your own delusions of enlightenment and self righteousness is absolutely insane.
Yup. But they're out there. And as far as the self righteousness mind set go's, do you think YOUR hatred of THEM is any different?
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37am   #6
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Yup. But they're out there. And as far as the self righteousness mind set go's, do you think YOUR hatred of THEM is any different?
No hate involved... it is actually amusing.

It's kind of like watching a less intelligent Jerry Springer show. It takes a while to get past the absolute ignorance, but once you accept that it isn't going to change, it is pure entertainment. coool's threads are the forum equivalent of the guy with 3 teeth who picks up a chair and throws it at his transvestite sister/girlfriend. You really just can't help but laugh.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45am   #7
Thomas
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 75,886, Level: 100
Activity: 27.0%
 
Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bukkake ruined my carpet
Posts: 25,555
Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 10,187 Times in 4,688 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
No hate involved... it is actually amusing.

It's kind of like watching a less intelligent Jerry Springer show. It takes a while to get past the absolute ignorance, but once you accept that it isn't going to change, it is pure entertainment. coool's threads are the forum equivalent of the guy with 3 teeth who picks up a chair and throws it at his transvestite sister/girlfriend. You really just can't help but laugh.
So, lets be clear; All the insults you hurl at Coool are for amusement sake correct?
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51am   #8
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
So, lets be clear; All the insults you hurl at Coool are for amusement sake correct?
Unless you somehow think you are going to solve the World's problems on a random car forum, isn't the whole forum for amusement sake?
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01am   #9
Thomas
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 75,886, Level: 100
Activity: 27.0%
 
Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bukkake ruined my carpet
Posts: 25,555
Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 10,187 Times in 4,688 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007964
Default

Quote:
isn't the whole forum for amusement sake?
This is funny:
Quote:
no way you actually have the brainpower to comprehend
And this:
Quote:
if you are actually stupid enough
And this:
Quote:
If you are really ignorant enough
Then this:
Quote:
In case you are too dense to figure it out on your own
And:
Quote:
Yea. You really are special.
More!:
Quote:
do you actually believe the stupid shit you say?
Yeah, this is all a big joke to you.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14am   #10
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Yeah, this is all a big joke to you.
What are you even arguing?

I read through shit on here. If I see something as ignorant, I say it is ignorant. If I agree with it, I say I agree. Occasionally, I'll take a few minutes to look up some amplifying information and sources to give a more thought out opinion on a subject. Sometimes not.

It is an amusing way to kill time. Nothing more, nothing less. It takes a whole lot more than people posting stupid shit online to actually effect my life in any way beyond that. Really not sure what part of that is difficult to understand.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24am   #11
Thomas
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 75,886, Level: 100
Activity: 27.0%
 
Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bukkake ruined my carpet
Posts: 25,555
Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 10,187 Times in 4,688 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007964
Default

Quote:
What are you even arguing?
What am I arguing? This, from IC's locked post;
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Republicans, Democrats, Presidents or anything else. It's about how people will deal with each other here at VB.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34am   #12
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
What am I arguing? This, from IC's locked post;

Again... WTF is your point?

Are you saying that I am a big meanie and it is somehow your internet hall monitor duty to step in and protect those who have been wronged? Perhaps taking the internet jussssst a bit too seriously?


As for my replies to coool that seem to have somehow offended your delicate sensitivities, I'll gladly show someone the same respect they show others.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 11:58am   #13
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 46,323, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7%
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH ....ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE....
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 1,172
Thanked 6,731 Times in 3,006 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752429
Default

... and for the record, this thread is quite amusing. Definitely worth a few chuckles.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22pm   #14
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 22,740, Level: 100
Activity: 2.7%
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,236
Thanks: 1,130
Thanked 2,769 Times in 1,589 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037654
Default

...heh heh...you said meanie...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 3:28pm   #15
Fasglas
Barn Stall Owner #457
Barn Raising II,III
Points: 43,479, Level: 100
Activity: 77.6%
 
Fasglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Troll Free Zone
Posts: 13,049
Thanks: 3,928
Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,389 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10200183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Again... WTF is your point?

Are you saying that I am a big meanie and it is somehow your internet hall monitor duty to step in and protect those who have been wronged? Perhaps taking the internet jussssst a bit too seriously?


As for my replies to coool that seem to have somehow offended your delicate sensitivities, I'll gladly show someone the same respect they show others.
I've noticed the "protect" list is glaringly short.

Almost pimp-like...

Just sayin'
Fasglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 1:29am   #16
ft laud mike
A Real Barner
Points: 10,141, Level: 69
Activity: 6.0%
 
ft laud mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,856
Thanks: 3,697
Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $934298
Default

Here is a wild thought, Ireland is overwhelmingly ...Catholic.....shocking!...
If you are against a country voting for what they want how about going after Iraq, Iran, egypt,...et al...
They vote pretty close to their religion. Unless you are ready to condemn o'sukalots support for the free vote Egypt just conducted which brings hard line Muslims into power (with all that fun loving sharia law) I would much rather live / visit Ireland than any dump in the ME.. how about you STFU?
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57am   #17
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Points: 39,588, Level: 100
Activity: 0.4%
 
Joecooool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 6,658
Thanks: 363
Thanked 1,764 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft laud mike View Post
Here is a wild thought, Ireland is overwhelmingly ...Catholic.....shocking!...
If you are against a country voting for what they want how about going after Iraq, Iran, egypt,...et al...
They vote pretty close to their religion. Unless you are ready to condemn o'sukalots support for the free vote Egypt just conducted which brings hard line Muslims into power (with all that fun loving sharia law) I would much rather live / visit Ireland than any dump in the ME.. how about you STFU?
Thanks for bringing this one back from the dead.

You may have wished you had read the news this week though, because of this woman's death, Ireland is making abortion legal now.

Ireland to revamp abortion laws after woman's death | Reuters

Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 8:15am   #18
ft laud mike
A Real Barner
Points: 10,141, Level: 69
Activity: 6.0%
 
ft laud mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,856
Thanks: 3,697
Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $934298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Thanks for bringing this one back from the dead.

You may have wished you had read the news this week though, because of this woman's death, Ireland is making abortion legal now.

Ireland to revamp abortion laws after woman's death | Reuters

Ok, and if that is what their country decides to do, more power to them. For the record I could care less if abortion is legal, personally I think it saves me quite a bit of tax dollars based upon providing services for unwanted births
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 3:36pm   #19
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,530 Times in 799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Only a liberal retard would find abortion funny.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 1:57am   #20
ft laud mike
A Real Barner
Points: 10,141, Level: 69
Activity: 6.0%
 
ft laud mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,856
Thanks: 3,697
Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $934298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
How much less could you care?
D'oh!
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:51am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page