Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2022, 8:32am   #1
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,928 Times in 11,805 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209
Default Yankee Go Home and stop messing up traffic

Just because you drove like that up north doesn't mean you get to be an asshole down here and expect us to change. go back north where you belong. Take your driving and politics with you, too.

FLORIDA CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York, Mass, and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, as well as those wanting to visit...

Before you come to Florida to visit you must be aware of what is happening here. Especially, around the okeechobee, Caloosahatchee and all of treasure coast of Florida!

- There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...

So if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing on our beaches, rivers, or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks, giant mosquitos, and chiggers.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.

Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Florida panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.

The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.

Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras. Or the red touches yellow dangerous fellow.

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation. We have had brown bear sightings at every park and town - they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.

Watch out for the jackalopes, and snipe, they have been extremely aggressive this season.

We have the Skunk Ape invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Alabama grasshoppers.

Scorpions have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.

Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.

Oh, and no one is vaccinated.

I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.” 👍🏼
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 8:51am   #2
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,636 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Sounds like paradise.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 8:54am   #3
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 75.9%

Thanked 33,412 Times in 11,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Attached Thumbnails
938FD9EB-77E1-49BC-B0BC-8CDBA2E857DD.jpeg  

Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 8:55am   #4
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,421 Times in 17,231 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

The mosquitoes in South Florida are ridiculously large and vicious. And I am from mosquito country.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:09am   #5
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Tell me more about "cougars".
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 11:23am   #6
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,116 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Just because you drove like that up north doesn't mean you get to be an asshole down here and expect us to change. go back north where you belong. Take your driving and politics with you, too.

FLORIDA CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York, Mass, and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, as well as those wanting to visit...

Before you come to Florida to visit you must be aware of what is happening here. Especially, around the okeechobee, Caloosahatchee and all of treasure coast of Florida!

- There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...

So if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing on our beaches, rivers, or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks, giant mosquitos, and chiggers.

Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.

Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Florida panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.

The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.

Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras. Or the red touches yellow dangerous fellow.

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation. We have had brown bear sightings at every park and town - they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.

Watch out for the jackalopes, and snipe, they have been extremely aggressive this season.

We have the Skunk Ape invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.

Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Alabama grasshoppers.

Scorpions have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.

I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.

Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.

Oh, and no one is vaccinated.

I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.” 👍🏼
First of all, this list is totally exaggerated! We were in South Florida for two weeks earlier this year, and we didn't see any tigers or snipe at all. If you put some beer in a bowl, the skunks will leave you alone, well, for a while.

Secondly, it's August, so all the shriveled old horrible drivers are up here now. Wait until November and I'm sure you'll be over run again just like every year!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 11:42am   #7
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 51.4%

Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,594 Posts

1,000 / day people moving to Florida and the Orlando suburbs are turning into urban cesspoolswith 6-7 story mega condo units growing up on every square inch. Traffic is as bad as when I commuted in Washington DC. The Northern refugees seem to bring their attitudes, politics, lack of courtesy, etc.. with them. And yes people we have alligators and posionous snakes, Florida waters are not koi goldfish ponds so keep your ankle biting Yorkies in the house...
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 11:45am   #8
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,613 Times in 3,736 Posts

Frank, I'm just wondering how much longer you'll be able to tolerate it. If it weren't for family and friends, I would be out of CA in a heartbeat and living in Arizona. I have been to FLA a few times and like it for the most part....same climate as Hawaii, but with a lot more stuff to see and do and a lot better food.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:46am   #9
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32

Thanked 13,004 Times in 4,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

I know a guy.
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 12:51pm   #10
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
Frank, I'm just wondering how much longer you'll be able to tolerate it. If it weren't for family and friends, I would be out of CA in a heartbeat and living in Arizona. I have been to FLA a few times and like it for the most part....same climate as Hawaii, but with a lot more stuff to see and do and a lot better food.
Just like CA, FL has been stereotyped. Just like CA, the diversity of people and climate in FL varies hugely from north to south. I wouldn't/couldn't live in Orlando or anywhere south of there, but the small barrier island we live on is great.

We've been to HI many times, and it's even somewhat true there. One side of the Big Island is very dry and mild while the other side averages 200+ inches of rain/year. It even gets snow at times.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:56pm   #11
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Just like CA, FL has been stereotyped. Just like CA, the diversity of people and climate in FL varies hugely from north to south. I wouldn't/couldn't live in Orlando or anywhere south of there, but the small barrier island we live on is great.

We've been to HI many times, and it's even somewhat true there. One side of the Big Island is very dry and mild while the other side averages 200+ inches of rain/year. It even gets snow at times.
I think it's kind of funny where I live jsut south of you. Unless we get a huge down pour, the storms this time of year come out of the south west. Orange Park is right on the St. John's and it seems with all the moisture evaporating off of it, the air movement moves the clouds and splits them around the area while the rest of the places get hammered.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:58pm   #12
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
I think it's kind of funny where I live jsut south of you. Unless we get a huge down pour, the storms this time of year come out of the south west. Orange Park is right on the St. John's and it seems with all the moisture evaporating off of it, the air movement moves the clouds and splits them around the area while the rest of the places get hammered.
And lately they've stopped just west of the coast and we get nothing.

The saying "Florida is the only state you go north to go south" is SO true, but most have no clue what that really means.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:58pm   #13
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,143 Times in 4,578 Posts

FL will keep booming.
Those with means will get here, they will sacrifice all things.
Those who do not have the means will go on ebay and sell organs.
The only ones bitching about FL are the ones we will not let in.

Never met anyone here who wanted to leave.
Never met anyone who visited here that did not want to stay.

But yeah, we are full, we will get back to you when vacancies open up.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 12:59pm   #14
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
And lately they've stopped just west of the coast and we get nothing.

The saying "Florida is the only state you go north to go south" is SO true, but most have no clue what that really means.
Yep. If you want to visit NY, just go down to Miami.
Old 08-08-2022, 1:04pm   #15
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
AZ is a great place, nice golfing weather year round, no earthquakes, no hurricanes and lower cost of living.
We need to convince more FL-targeted folks, especially those from CA and northeast, to go there instead.
Old 08-08-2022, 1:08pm   #16
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing

Quote:
Yep. If you want to visit NY, just go down to Miami.
Unless you are north of I-4, all areas southeast are USA NE, and the west coast is Midwest USA.
I doubt in another 50 years that will change, as those people bring their accents and attitudes with them, and cling to both as long as possible.

At least in SE FL you have a huge Latino / Caribbean influence, which has its benefits to the overall culture, some of the shortest skirts I have ever seen are in Hialeah, FL!!
Old 08-08-2022, 1:42pm   #17
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner

Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
FL will keep booming.
Those with means will get here, they will sacrifice all things.
Those who do not have the means will go on ebay and sell organs.
The only ones bitching about FL are the ones we will not let in.

Never met anyone here who wanted to leave.
Never met anyone who visited here that did not want to stay.

But yeah, we are full, we will get back to you when vacancies open up.
No state income taxes, still some remnants of souther hospitatlity, and from Orlando you can be on either cost in an hour. ... As to heat, I'm in Oklahoma right now and its been a week of 100 plus degrees - gimme Florida. If it weren't for my lakefront home I'd be off to the Florida boonies for sure.

But - its not ultra cheap living anymore - a 2 bedroom apt in a safe location near a city is $1600-$2200 a month, houses have gone through the roof largely because notherners, flush with cash, have pushed the market into the stratosphere.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 1:46pm   #18
Budman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 4.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Sounds like paradise.
Believe me - We're very happy that you don't like Florida!
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 4:24pm   #19
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,441 Times in 10,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

After 30+ years we have finally had enough of the circus and we left the beach and moved up here to Mayberry.
Next is a move out of town and build on the acreage we are buying.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2022, 4:38pm   #20
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 64.7%

Thanked 25,729 Times in 10,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
AZ is a great place, nice golfing weather year round, no earthquakes, no hurricanes and lower cost of living.
We need to convince more FL-targeted folks, especially those from CA and northeast, to go there instead.

Nice weather if you're in Prescott and around that area. The beaches suck, and lower cost of living is no longer in AZ. But i would live there over most of the country.
Anjdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic