Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2019, 3:30pm   #1
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default Where is the fire???

Where’s the fire?

A Texas Rancher Describes The Issues:

The urgency to have a wall built at the border may not seem like a crisis for some, but for those living close to the border the crisis is all too real....

One such person is Kari Wade, who, with her family, owns a ranch just 50 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border. The border rancher recently responded to a Facebook comment when someone asked, "Where's the fire" in regard to the urgency of President Trump to build the wall at the U.S.-Mexican border.

She just read a comment on another friend's post and the comment said, "Where's the fire?"... in reference to building the wall and more technology along the border states. Mrs. Wade explains:

Let me tell you where the fire is: The "fire" is finding dead human bodies on your ranch, the "fire" is finding domestic pig ears in your stock tanks when there isn't a domestic pig for 25 miles, the "fire" is waking up to unknown people talking in your attic, the "fire" is dogs barking all night when your closest neighbor is 7 to 25 miles away depending on the direction... to suddenly realize there are people just outside your barn. The "fire" is having to come home after dark and needing to carry a rifle to go feed your livestock after Border Patrol tells you they only caught 9 of the 15 they were looking for.

The "fire" is making a choice... do I take my child with me to a dark barn to feed the stock and hold the flashlight, or lock him in the house, so you decide to lock him in the house and call a friend to let them know he's home alone and if they don't hear back from you in a certain amount of time to please come check on us.

The "fire" is you don't feel comfortable letting your children play outside without being with them or within eyeshot of them. The "fire" is having large drug busts on your ranch. The "fire" is feeling sick to your stomach every time the helicopter swirls your house because you know they are chasing people... because you can hear them on the loudspeaker talking to them.

The "fire" is seeing the Border Patrol camera set-up 1/2 mile from your house. The "fire" is coming home after dark... your children are driving in front of you (one is of age to drive), and there are officers on your road watching illegals 1/4 to 1/2 mile from your house and you have to call your children and tell them to keep driving, don't stop at the house.

The "fire" is coming home to your backdoor wide open... and wondering if they found the guns... and should you go inside? The "fire" is real for me, my family, and my community.
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 8:45am   #2
ToolMaker
Barn Stall Owner #97
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 1,021 Times in 555 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $56470018

Great read! Thank you!
I was born 100 mi from the Gulf Of Mexico, and 100 from the border. Thank God we moved to N.E. when I was young!
ToolMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 9:38am   #3
GentleBen
Barn Stall Owner #84
Barn Raising II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.9%

Thanked 1,754 Times in 824 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $112749

What's worse is when the INS sets up it's border checkpoint effectively 25 miles north of the border thereby ceding control of those 25 miles to Mexico and the illegal coyote drug/people smugglers. Southeastern Arizona is exactly in this condition as the checkpoint is approximately 3 miles north of Huachuca City.

I guess that they, the INS, feel that the troops stationed at Ft Huachuca can protect the area, regardless of the requirements of the posse comitatus act.
GentleBen is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic