Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
No, this pipeline dealy-o is but one small example of the person and elected official that makes Obama the great community organizer. Back to you, Tommy Boy.
I've said it in other posts but it bears repeating. Yes, Obama is a horrible POTUS. I think most of us can agree on that one.

What I find so amusing is NOBODY at the Barn will admit they voted for him. The guy is doing a shit job. How difficult is it to jump on that bandwagon?

Then we got the experts who outright attack people for their voting choices?! Communists? Really?
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 5:28pm   #22
Skia
Rebel Mod
Barn Stall Owner #88
Activity: 2.0%

Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,320 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15450571

Quote:
No, this pipeline dealy-o is but one small example of the person and elected official that makes Obama the great community organizer. Back to you, Tommy Boy.
I can't believe I posted in is festering steaming pile of political bullshit.....Off to Wills domain with you.....
Skia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 5:52pm   #23
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skia View Post
I can't believe I posted in is festering steaming pile of political bullshit.....Off to Wills domain with you.....
threadkiller
kingpin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 8:09pm   #24
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,468 Times in 10,625 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
You guys are hilarious. If the article lands on YOUR side of the fence, it's gospel truth. If anyone refutes YOUR article, they are communist's.

Thats BOTH camps BTW.

Oh yeah:

CASE CLOSED!
your ass must be full of splinters from sittin' on that fence.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 8:10pm   #25
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,468 Times in 10,625 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
I've said it in other posts but it bears repeating. Yes, Obama is a horrible POTUS. I think most of us can agree on that one.

What I find so amusing is NOBODY at the Barn will admit they voted for him. The guy is doing a shit job. How difficult is it to jump on that bandwagon?

Then we got the experts who outright attack people for their voting choices?! Communists? Really?
no...we call Coool a commie because he is one.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 8:29pm   #26
R.Zaragoza
Barn Stall Owner #0000
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $260381

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
no...we call Coool a commie because he is one.
R.Zaragoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 8:32pm   #27
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Wasn't Obama the one saying early we have to get away from our reliance on foreign oil? Here's oil we can purchase from our very good neighbor to the north but the two face Kenyan shoots it down.

So not only does Canada sell the oil to China to help bolster their economy, it hurts our our economy even more by creating more layoffs. Companies were getting ready to add jobs for this pipeline but our "great divider" throws us under the bus once more.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 8:54pm   #28
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 11,501 Times in 5,025 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Wasn't Obama the one saying early we have to get away from our reliance on foreign oil? Here's oil we can purchase from our very good neighbor to the north but the two face Kenyan shoots it down.

So not only does Canada sell the oil to China to help bolster their economy, it hurts our our economy even more by creating more layoffs. Companies were getting ready to add jobs for this pipeline but our "great divider" throws us under the bus once more.
Yeah, it's definitely throwing hundreds of thousands of jobs out the window. I still find it unbelievable that ANYONE would vote for that piece of crap. If we actually have to suffer through another 4 years of him, I'm firmly convinced the whole shit house will be up in flames. I don't think the repubs have been doing a bang up job by any means, but the POTUS has to go this election.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01am   #29
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

And another US refinery closes because the EPA was demanding $700 million in enviromental upgrades - things that are ignored in other countries.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16am   #30
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post

Buying oil from Canada is still relying on foreign oil. Canada is not a state.

And the simple fact of the matter is that building the pipeline to Texas in no way guarantees that the product will stay in the United States. Gulf Coast refiners have planed to refine the oil supplied by the pipeline into diesel and other products to export to Europe and Latin America. Profits from these exports are earned tax-free. Much of the fuel refined from the pipeline’s heavy crude oil would not be sold in the US.

Oil is a commodity. Its sold on the world markets. The notion that selling the oil to China instead of us is going to make a difference of what we pay is simply nonsense.

Finally, the supposed 100,000 jobs that would have been created is a flat out lie. One would have to be a complete fcuking moron to look at that number and believe thats how many people it would take to make a pipeline. Even if you count the suppliers, maybe at most a few thousand jobs would be created and even then they would be temporay jobs. And being a Canadian company there isn't even a guarentee those hired will be Americans.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:30am   #31
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
And another US refinery closes because the EPA was demanding $700 million in environmental upgrades - things that are ignored in other countries.
Dude, stop with the misinformation bullshit. I know you are smarter that that.

In January, Hovensa entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Justice Department in which the company agreed to invest $700 million on pollution controls after a series of chemical releases affected people living downwind from the refinery. Holy shit, you are actually OK with them releasing chemicals into the community????? WTF?????

And from the article YOU posted, the reason they closed it was because The closure reflects a three-year trend across the U.S. of refineries closing because of the global financial crisis, a drop in gasoline consumption and a shift in growth elsewhere.

Here is a list of all the shit they released into the environment in just the last two years - Largest Oil Refinery in USA on Fire, Cutting Production, Fined for Pollution | Newsflavor
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 4:44pm   #32
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $102780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Dude, stop with the misinformation bullshit. I know you are smarter that that.

In January, Hovensa entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Justice Department in which the company agreed to invest $700 million on pollution controls after a series of chemical releases affected people living downwind from the refinery. Holy shit, you are actually OK with them releasing chemicals into the community????? WTF?????

And from the article YOU posted, the reason they closed it was because The closure reflects a three-year trend across the U.S. of refineries closing because of the global financial crisis, a drop in gasoline consumption and a shift in growth elsewhere.

Here is a list of all the shit they released into the environment in just the last two years - Largest Oil Refinery in USA on Fire, Cutting Production, Fined for Pollution | Newsflavor
So the Refinery is closed and no 700 mill was spent.
Where is the misinformation?

Kneel.
Kneel 8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kneel 8250 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 5:00pm   #33
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13

Now officially dead.

WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday defeated a Republican proposal to give a permit to the Keystone XL crude oil pipeline in a vote that will give Republicans more ammunition to criticize President Barack Obama's energy policies on the campaign trail.

Republicans argue the pipeline, which would ship oil from Canada and northern states to Texas, would create jobs and improve energy security at a time of surging gasoline prices.

Obama put TransCanada's $7 billion project on hold earlier this year pending further environmental review. He took the unusual step of calling some senators personally ahead of the vote, asking them to reject the proposal.

Keystone XL bill fails in U.S. Senate | World | News | Toronto Sun
Old 03-09-2012, 6:36pm   #34
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 13,017 Times in 7,325 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Everything is going according to plan.

Komrades.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13am   #35
NB2K
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1545413

Quote:
Anyone else not surprised by the douchebag destroying America piece by piece?
Not at all surprised.

And if he gets reelected he's really gonna be free to screw us good and implement more of his BS.
NB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49am   #36
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
And if he gets reelected
When. Not if.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 5:26pm   #37
NB2K
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1545413

Quote:
When. Not if.
Probably so.

What he's allowing GSA to do via FSSI is down right criminal (to small business) and I think Joe Coool would agree.
NB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 8:58pm   #38
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:

(looks at thread he forgot about)

......I will say it takes balls to admit you voted for him. For you, I actually will give a pass. To admit and then say it was a mistake is the earning of that pass. And don't really pay attention to me for I'm not a political expert by any means. I'm just some douchebag that can type and spout off now and then about other douchebags that define selfishness and do what is only good for them and not the country which comprises DC now.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 9:47pm   #39
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 11,568 Times in 5,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
(looks at thread he forgot about)

......I will say it takes balls to admit you voted for him. For you, I actually will give a pass. To admit and then say it was a mistake is the earning of that pass. And don't really pay attention to me for I'm not a political expert by any means. I'm just some douchebag that can type and spout off now and then about other douchebags that define selfishness and do what is only good for them and not the country which comprises DC now.
DC for the last 50 some years comprises mainly LAWYERS, and bullshit artists= public liars.......

'the rip offs and payoffs, the things nobody saw'....

My Dad passed in '86, when asked to speak at his wake, I was totally flatfooted, and so looked across the floor, spotting his old business partner, and said...to paraphrase 'Gus, you and Dad were the last two honest people in this town'......

crowd went 'GASP' and could have heard a pin drop after that.....

eff that town and the reality of it, NOT what it SHOULD stand for, but the way it is....reality....

Goes back to my childhood in the 50's yet.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 1:14pm   #40
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13

Obama's straddling the fence it seems. WTF is wrong with this dude?

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama is ordering federal agencies to expedite the approval process for the southern leg of TransCanada's Keystone XL pipeline.

The administration said the president will direct the agencies to fast-track the pipeline when he makes an appearance Thursday at a storage yard in Cushing, Okla., where there's a glut of Midwest oil that can't easily get to refineries on the Gulf of Mexico.

"The need for pipeline infrastructure is urgent because rising American oil production is outpacing the capacity of pipelines to deliver oil to refineries," the White House said in a statement.

The news comes as American oil industry executives chided Obama on the eve of his visit to Cushing, saying he needs to greenlight the entire $7.6 billion pipeline, not just a portion of it.

"Approval of the entire Keystone XL pipeline should happen now — not after the election," the executives at several prominent oil and gas companies said in an open letter to Obama published Wednesday in The Oklahoman newspaper.

"America's greatest benefit will come when we can transport oil from our best energy partner, Canada, and oil-rich North Dakota and Montana."

The Cushing storage yard houses pipes to be used in the construction of the pipeline from the oil hub to Gulf Coast refineries. Currently, crude from oil-rich states like North Dakota and Montana runs into a logjam at Cushing because of a lack of pipeline capacity and a limited number of rail cars that can transport the oil south.

The approval process for a pipeline can ordinarily stretch on for as long as a year. Obama wants to see several months slashed from that timeline.

Environmentalists are crestfallen. They've mounted an extensive campaign against Keystone XL, assailing the plan to transport millions of barrels a week of bitumen from the Alberta oilsands — an energy source they decry as "dirty oil" — through six U.S. states to Texas refineries.

"The administration cannot purport to protect the climate while simultaneously bending over backward to allow a pipeline to the continent's biggest carbon bomb," Kim Huynh of Friends of the Earth said in a statement.

Huynh wondered if environmentalists have been snookered.

"Was the president's initial rejection of the Keystone XL simply a farce to temporarily appease the environmental voters who dared to hold him to his own promises about real leadership on the climate and shifting to 21st-century clean energy solutions? It would seem so."

Noah Greenwald, endangered species director with the Center for Biological Diversity, said approving only part of the pipeline doesn't lessen the environmental risks.

"The Gulf Coast leg would add to the fossil fuel infrastructure at a time when we critically need to transition away from fossil fuels in order to avoid climate catastrophe," he said.

"The president's support for this pipeline is troubling. Keystone XL may be a boon to Big Oil companies in the exporting business but those profits will come at a stiff price for our land, water, wildlife and climate."

Environmentalists intend to stage a protest in Cushing on Thursday.

The U.S. State Department has yet to make a decision on the entire length of the proposed pipeline, saying it needs more time to conduct a thorough environmental review of a new route around an environmentally sensitive aquifer in Nebraska.

State Department officials are assessing the project because it crosses an international border.

In November, the State Department deferred making a decision on Keystone until after this year's presidential election, citing concerns about the risks posed to the aquifer.

Pipeline proponents cried foul, however, accusing Obama of making a cynical political move aimed at pacifying the environmentalists in the president's political base and improving his chances of re-election.

Outraged Republicans then successfully inserted pipeline provisions into payroll tax cut legislation in late December.

But within a month, facing a mid-February deadline imposed by that measure, Obama nixed TransCanada's existing permit outright, saying there wasn't enough time to thoroughly review a new route before giving it the green light.

Obama also assured Prime Minister Stephen Harper that the decision did not reflect on the pipeline's merits, and that his hand was forced by Republican pressure tactics. He welcomed TransCanada to propose another route.

News that Obama was set to speed up the approval process for the southern expanse of Keystone XL comes as prices at gas pumps in the U.S. continue to march towards $4 a gallon.

Republicans have been blaming Obama's energy policies for rising pump prices and have been relentlessly attacking him for rejecting the pipeline. Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has repeatedly called Keystone XL a "no-brainer."

Obama was on a western energy jaunt this week, also visiting Nevada, New Mexico and Ohio to promote and defend his energy policies.

The letter from the oil industry executives — one of whom, Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm, is heading Romney's energy advisory team — also takes aim at the Obama administration for its proposals to repeal oil industry tax breaks.

The dispatch adds that proposed environmental regulations could impose "increased costs and bureaucratic delays (that) will cripple America's energy production and halt the renaissance under way in our nation's steel, plastics, chemical and agricultural industries."

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion