Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2019, 5:34pm   #1
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17
Points: 47,562, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 19,008
Thanks: 6,941
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1065202
Default Selling a Corvette...

Man, it sure brings out the dummies. I am finding it harder to be civil to these idiots. They want to talk money on the computer, and I guess expect me to give them the car. Hell, it only has 39k miles on it, and has dang near brand new tires, MTI racing stage 2 upgrade as well as the suspension set up. The harmonic dampener is SFI rated, so they won't have to change the stock wobbly one, which we all know is a problem going back to the C5's. At 29.5k asking price, they are already getting one helluva deal. It is not a need that I sell it, I just want the room in the garage for my motorcycle habit. Dammit man...
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 5:57pm   #2
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Points: 36,238, Level: 100
Activity: 53.2%
 
04 commemorative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Down the Shore,New Jersey
Posts: 8,469
Thanks: 1,324
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,536 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100039473
Default

I hear ya
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 6:10pm   #3
Touringmike
A Real Barner
Points: 10,007, Level: 69
Activity: 18.8%
 
Touringmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sussex, Wi
Posts: 1,870
Thanks: 204
Thanked 594 Times in 376 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $609490
Default

So, will you take 10K and Saturn in trade?

Quite a few years back, my add stated Cash only, no trades ('85).
I had a guy offer me roofing replacement (nail-over only) for mine.
Another dude offered handyman work around the house.

Touringmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Touringmike For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 11:08pm   #4
Lakeside49
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 2,472, Level: 32
Activity: 14.5%
 
Lakeside49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 106
Thanks: 28
Thanked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Man, it sure brings out the dummies. I am finding it harder to be civil to these idiots. They want to talk money on the computer, and I guess expect me to give them the car. Hell, it only has 39k miles on it, and has dang near brand new tires, MTI racing stage 2 upgrade as well as the suspension set up. The harmonic dampener is SFI rated, so they won't have to change the stock wobbly one, which we all know is a problem going back to the C5's. At 29.5k asking price, they are already getting one helluva deal. It is not a need that I sell it, I just want the room in the garage for my motorcycle habit. Dammit man...


There is a chance that you will get some sort of a partial return on your impressive/extensive performance upgrades. But, originality will probably always trump personal mods. It is the eternal (and, infernal) debate; but, you no doubt waded in to it with eyes WIDE open on the possibility or likelihood that any mods would diminish vs. enhance its perceived value.
Lakeside49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 7:47am   #5
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Points: 12,653, Level: 77
Activity: 21.0%
 
6spdC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Posts: 4,948
Thanks: 2,323
Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2113892
Default

Never sold a Vette off my front lawn but did sell 2 4X4 trucks and I car. One loaded low mileage truck I priced fair and would dicker a bit but most people offered 2-3 thousand less. Guess they thought I was hurting and they were looking for a steel. Truck was a loaded Silverado but they were offering work truck money.

As far as Im concerned I will never do that again. Most people were assholes did not pay any attention to what you said, like no trades. Its just not worth it

I would rather go to a dealership do a trade in lose a few buck but not have the headaches involved. Also with the difference in sales tax its not really too much money
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:40am   #6
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Points: 95,352, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6%
 
Mike Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 31,927
Thanks: 10,563
Thanked 19,004 Times in 7,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5123448
Default

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 3:05pm   #7
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17
Points: 47,562, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 19,008
Thanks: 6,941
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1065202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside49 View Post
There is a chance that you will get some sort of a partial return on your impressive/extensive performance upgrades. But, originality will probably always trump personal mods. It is the eternal (and, infernal) debate; but, you no doubt waded in to it with eyes WIDE open on the possibility or likelihood that any mods would diminish vs. enhance its perceived value.
I don't expect to get any of that money back, and car was modded when I bought it. I'm only using it as a selling point.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 3:31pm   #8
Dan Dlabay
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 15,674, Level: 86
Activity: 29.0%
 
Dan Dlabay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kettering Ohio
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 2,110
Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,349 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $870998
Default

When I bought my C7 I traded in my C6. With GM loyalty money tax saving and the trade in value I given I could have gotten that much more trying to sell it and have to put up with tire kickers people trying get the price down or possible scammers. Just give the dealer the car title and remove the tags done.
Dan Dlabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 3:46pm   #9
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17
Points: 47,562, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 19,008
Thanks: 6,941
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1065202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay View Post
When I bought my C7 I traded in my C6. With GM loyalty money tax saving and the trade in value I given I could have gotten that much more trying to sell it and have to put up with tire kickers people trying get the price down or possible scammers. Just give the dealer the car title and remove the tags done.
Thing is, I don't want another car. I may take it to the local Car Max. Some dumbshit on FB (using wife's account to list it there) has asked me a million damn questions which I've answered. Told him I was the 4th owner, and his dumb ass is like I don't know what the car has been through. People like that are why I have no tolerance. I told him thanks for wasting my time.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 4:44pm   #10
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 91,841, Level: 100
Activity: 99.7%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 53,501
Thanks: 27,396
Thanked 10,801 Times in 5,621 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $118007322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Thing is, I don't want another car. I may take it to the local Car Max. Some dumbshit on FB (using wife's account to list it there) has asked me a million damn questions which I've answered. Told him I was the 4th owner, and his dumb ass is like I don't know what the car has been through. People like that are why I have no tolerance. I told him thanks for wasting my time.
I guess you wouldn't want my plow truck on trade?
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 5:23pm   #11
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17
Points: 47,562, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 19,008
Thanks: 6,941
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1065202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
I guess you wouldn't want my plow truck on trade?
Have you contacted me already?
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 6:06pm   #12
78SA
A Real Barner
Points: 46,166, Level: 100
Activity: 19.4%
 
78SA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: So. IN
Posts: 39,329
Thanks: 25,051
Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,852 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4130900
Default

You could just give it to me and not have to deal with it.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 6:24pm   #13
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17
Points: 47,562, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 19,008
Thanks: 6,941
Thanked 8,208 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1065202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78SA View Post
You could just give it to me and not have to deal with it.
That is what everyone else wants.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 7:42pm   #14
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 77,275, Level: 100
Activity: 96.8%
 
JRD77VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zionsville,PA
Posts: 38,258
Thanks: 18,234
Thanked 14,383 Times in 6,451 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5969531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78SA View Post
You could just give it to me and not have to deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
That is what everyone else wants.
Trade you even up for a L1A1
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 9:07pm   #15
outrunm
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 3,763, Level: 40
Activity: 38.7%
 
outrunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1886
Default

I had the garage door open mowing last summer and some asshole driving by stopped, got my attention, and started asking me a million questions about my 63 that's not even for sale. He told me he would give me 20 grand cash in 2 hours for it. In retrospect, I was probably a condescending prick, but I explained to him mine wasn't for sale, but he would have to triple that number to find a good one. He actually seemed a little butthurt, and said that when he found one for 17k, he would come show it off to me. I was like mofo. Funny that he hasn't been back to show me his car yet.
outrunm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to outrunm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 9:12pm   #16
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 91,841, Level: 100
Activity: 99.7%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 53,501
Thanks: 27,396
Thanked 10,801 Times in 5,621 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $118007322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunm View Post
I had the garage door open mowing last summer and some asshole driving by stopped, got my attention, and started asking me a million questions about my 63 that's not even for sale. He told me he would give me 20 grand cash in 2 hours for it. In retrospect, I was probably a condescending prick, but I explained to him mine wasn't for sale, but he would have to triple that number to find a good one. He actually seemed a little butthurt, and said that when he found one for 17k, he would come show it off to me. I was like mofo. Funny that he hasn't been back to show me his car yet.
That wasn't Danny, the Count, Koker, was it?
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 9:23pm   #17
outrunm
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 3,763, Level: 40
Activity: 38.7%
 
outrunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
That wasn't Danny, the Count, Koker, was it?
outrunm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 9:52pm   #18
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 26,736, Level: 100
Activity: 34.9%
 
BADRACR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Ridge TN
Posts: 14,107
Thanks: 8,863
Thanked 2,219 Times in 996 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000029841
Default

I flip cars fairly regularly so get more than a fair share of idiots. Our house is on a main road coming connecting two larger roads so gets a lot of traffic. Lots of times I can just park one at the front of the drive with a sign on it and it will sell quick. Sold an '80 Z28 a few years ago in forty five minutes!
When I do advertise I always put "not looking for trades but may be interested in (whatever interests me at the time) but no bikes or boats". Still get offered them along with mowers, farm equipment, shop equipment, home repairs, etc. I generally just ignore them if they can't follow basic rules.
I have made some good deals on trades, though. Got partial trades several times with firearms. Then last year I had a car of my brother's stored at my house. I have a niece whose husband does roofing. He came by for an estimate on my house and asked about the car for his daughter. It worked out that I paid my brother $1500 for the car and got $2500 in trade for my roof.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 3:23pm   #19
UniqueDoug
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 9,275, Level: 66
Activity: 50.0%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 864
Thanks: 227
Thanked 266 Times in 119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Thing is, I don't want another car. I may take it to the local Car Max. Some dumbshit on FB (using wife's account to list it there) has asked me a million damn questions which I've answered. Told him I was the 4th owner, and his dumb ass is like I don't know what the car has been through. People like that are why I have no tolerance. I told him thanks for wasting my time.
Whatís your bottom dollar cash money? surprised it hasnít sold yet.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:34am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page