Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 10:33pm   #81
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

If it's a contract deemed "blessed" by government, and I'm asked to accept it, fine. If it's a contract deemed blessed by God, and I'm forced to accept it, then I'm put in a position to choose Government's authority over God's; obviously, that's where I'm put in a position where I have to defy my Government's authority. As long as I'm not put in that position, we can agree to disagree.

I wish no one a life time of unhappiness, all I ask for is the same consideration.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:00pm   #82
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 12.6%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,112 Times in 5,348 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
If it's a contract deemed "blessed" by government, and I'm asked to accept it, fine. If it's a contract deemed blessed by God, and I'm forced to accept it, then I'm put in a position to choose Government's authority over God's; obviously, that's where I'm put in a position where I have to defy my Government's authority. As long as I'm not put in that position, we can agree to disagree.

I wish no one a life time of unhappiness, all I ask for is the same consideration.

The government is never going to force churches (that are opposed to gay marriage) to perform ceremonies. No matter who may want that to be the case, it's just not going to happen. It's just not.

And here's a shocker: the average person in the LGBT community doesn't even want churches to be forced to do this. The people protesting on television are not representative of the average gay person. They're just not. It's like saying that the Westboro Baptist Church is representative of all Christians.

My daughter got married through the County of Los Angeles. However, there are churches here that would have performed the ceremony, if they had wanted to go that route.

My daughter, btw, was baptized and raised Lutheran. She struggled with her decision to come out and had many conversations with our Pastor.

They are not in-your-face, militant lesbians. The most you'll see her and her wife (Andrea) do in public is hold hands. And yet, despite the fact that they're minding their own business, they've had multiple 'Christians' scream at them, insult them, cuss them out, etc. In the name of Jesus. *blank stare*

One woman - here in California - spit in my DIL's face. Walked right up to her and - without saying a word - spit in her face. Right in front if me. We were buying a coffee, just talking amongst ourselves. I have a high tolerance for bullshit, but I'll tell you this...the bitch wasn't as tough as she thought she was. I'm not proud of it, but I lost my temper. Few things are as insulting as spitting in someone's face. Especially when it's your child.

Until you spend time with a gay or lesbian couple on a regular basis, you will never see the things that our fellow 'Christians' do on an almost daily basis. Unprovoked. Everyday.
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16pm   #83
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
The government is never going to force churches (that are opposed to gay marriage) to perform ceremonies. No matter who may want that to be the case, it's just not going to happen. It's just not.

And here's a shocker: the average person in the LGBT community doesn't even want churches to be forced to do this. The people protesting on television are not representative of the average gay person. They're just not. It's like saying that the Westboro Baptist Church is representative of all Christians.

My daughter got married through the County of Los Angeles. However, there are churches here that would have performed the ceremony, if they had wanted to go that route.

My daughter, btw, was baptized and raised Lutheran. She struggled with her decision to come out and had many conversations with our Pastor.

They are not in-your-face, militant lesbians. The most you'll see her and her wife (Andrea) do in public is hold hands. And yet, despite the fact that they're minding their own business, they've had multiple 'Christians' scream at them, insult them, cuss them out, etc. In the name of Jesus. *blank stare*

One woman - here in California - spit in my DIL's face. Walked right up to her and - without saying a word - spit in her face. Right in front if me. We were buying a coffee, just talking amongst ourselves. I have a high tolerance for bullshit, but I'll tell you this...the bitch wasn't as tough as she thought she was. I'm not proud of it, but I lost my temper. Few things are as insulting as spitting in someone's face. Especially when it's your child.

Until you spend time with a gay or lesbian couple on a regular basis, you will never see the things that our fellow 'Christians' do on an almost daily basis. Unprovoked. Everyday.
Congratulations to your daughter on her wedding! I wish them a lifetime of happiness.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:18pm   #84
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 23.4%

Thanked 4,344 Times in 2,376 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
You're totally missing the point. Your brain defines you, not your body.

Male brain = male, female brain = female. This is very simple.
Is it really their brain after the liberal teachers and the media are done scrambling them? Simple indeed.
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Torqaholic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40pm   #85
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 3,370 Times in 1,749 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1975165

Quote:
I just watched my daughter marry her longtime girlfriend a few weeks ago. We're talking about someone that joined the AF when DADT was still in effect, knowing she may have to live her life in secret. Yet, her desire to serve her country was strong enough that that did not matter. She will be re-uping and will probably do her 20. Oh...and her wife? She is wrapping up her bachelor's degree and will be joining the AF very shortly.

If I ever heard anyone call her or my new DIL bull dykes, I'd beat their fu(king ass.

I still like you, though.
Bull Dyke is an accepted slang term often accepted by the LGBT community as a term for a masculine lesbian...

You beat my Fu(king ass, I swear to God, Allah, Budda, Zeus and Even His holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster....ill sue....
RED-85-Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:44pm   #86
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
Is it really their brain after the liberal teachers and the media are done scrambling them? Simple indeed.
Listen, it's ridiculous for a HS student to think they're not going to face ridicule for being transgender/transsexual. That can be said for anyone that is different from the norm. Fat? Ridiculed. Too skinny? Ridiculed. Acne? Ridiculed. This article is a non-story. It's just one example in a million of a college student getting teased for <fill in the blank>. Kids are cruel to anyone that doesn't fit within their accepted norm.

Having said that, there are fundamental differences in the brains of transgender/transsexual people. There have been discoveries made doing brain scans. Now they're trying to figure out why. There does seem to be a biological basis. There's no getting around that.

Some info from wiki. You can check out their sources yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism
Quote:
Genetics

The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repeat lengths on the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone.[18]

A variant genotype for a gene called CYP17, which acts on the sex hormones pregnenolone and progesterone, has been found to be linked to female-to-male transsexualism but not MTF transsexualism. Most notably, the FTM subjects not only had the variant genotype more frequently, but had an allele distribution equivalent to male controls, unlike the female controls. The paper concluded that the loss of a female-specific CYP17 T -34C allele distribution pattern is associated with FtM transsexualism.[19]

Brain structure

In a first-of-its-kind study, Zhou et al. (1995) found that in a region of the brain called the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc), a region known for sex and anxiety responses, MTF transsexuals have a female-normal size while FTM transsexuals have a male-normal size. While the transsexuals studied had taken hormones, this was accounted for by including non-transsexual male and female controls who, for a variety of medical reasons, had experienced hormone reversal. The controls still retained sizes typical for their gender. No relationship to sexual orientation was found.[20]

In a follow-up study, Kruijver et al. (2000) looked at the number of neurons in BSTc instead of volumes. They found the same results as Zhou et al. (1995), but with even more dramatic differences. One MTF subject who had never gone on hormones was also included, and who matched up with the female neuron counts nonetheless.[21]

In 2002, a follow-up study by Chung et al. found that significant sexual dimorphism (variation between sexes) in BSTc did not become established until adulthood. Chung et al. theorized that either changes in fetal hormone levels produce changes in BSTc synaptic density, neuronal activity, or neurochemical content which later lead to size and neuron count changes in BSTc, or that the size of BSTc is affected by the failure to generate a gender identity consistent with one's anatomic sex.[22]

In a review of the evidence in 2006, Gooren confirms the earlier research as supporting the concept that transsexualism is a sexual differentiation disorder of the sex dimorphic brain.[23] Dick Swaab (2004) concurs.[24]

In 2008, a new region with properties similar to that of BSTc in regards to transsexualism was found by Garcia-Falgueras and Swaab: the interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus (INAH3), part of the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus. The same method of controlling for hormone usage was used as in Zhou et al. (1995) and Kruijver et al. (2000). The differences were even more pronounced than with BSTc; control males averaged 1.9 times the volume and 2.3 times the neurons as control females, yet once again, regardless of hormone exposure, MTF transsexuals lay within the female range and the FTM transsexual within the male range.[25]

While the resolution of MRI tomographs in general can be fine enough, independent nuclei are not visible due to lack of contrast between different neurological tissue types. Therefore such images do not show detailed structures such as BSTc and INAH3, and studies on BSTC were done by bisecting brains postmortem.

However, MRI does much more easily allow the study of larger brain structures. In Luders et al. (2009), 24 MTF transsexuals not-yet treated with cross-sex hormones were studied via MRI. While regional gray matter concentrations were more similar to men than women, there was a significantly larger volume of gray matter in the right putamen compared to men. As with many earlier studies, they concluded that transsexualism is associated with a distinct cerebral pattern.[26]

An additional feature was studied in a group of FTM transsexuals who had not yet received cross-sex hormones: fractional anisotropy values for white matter in the medial and posterior parts of the right superior longitudinal fasciculus (SLF), the forceps minor, and the corticospinal tract. Rametti et al. (2010) discovered that, "Compared to control females, FtM showed higher FA values in posterior part of the right SLF, the forceps minor and corticospinal tract. Compared to control males, FtM showed only lower FA values in the corticospinal tract."[27]

Hulshoff Pol et al. (2006), studied the gross brain volume of subjects undergoing hormone treatment. They discovered that whole brain volume for subjects changes toward the size of the opposite reproductive sex during hormone treatment. The conclusion of the study was, "The findings suggest that, throughout life, gonadal hormones remain essential for maintaining aspects of sex-specific differences in the human brain."[28]

Brain function

Phantom limb syndrome is a common, often painful experience after the loss of an external organ. Ramachandran (2008) found that while nearly two thirds of non-transsexual males who have a penis surgically removed experience the sensation of a phantom penis, only one third of MTF transsexuals do so after sex reassignment surgery. Perhaps more remarkably, two-thirds of FTM transsexuals reported the sensation of a phantom penis from childhood onwards, replete with phantom erections and other phenomena.[29]

Berglund et al. (2008) tested the response of gynephilic MTF transsexuals to two sex pheromones: the progestin-like 4,16-androstadien-3-one (AND) and the estrogen-like 1,3,5(10),16-tetraen-3-ol (EST). Despite the difference in sexuality, the MTFs' hypothalamic networks activated in response to AND, like the androphilic female control groups. Both groups experienced amygdala activation in response to EST. Male control groups (gynephilic) experienced hypothalamic activation in response to EST. However, the MTF subjects also experienced limited hypothalamic activation to EST as well. The researchers' conclusion was, that in terms of pheromone activation, MTF's occupy an intermediate position with predominantly female features.[30] The MTF transsexual subjects had not undergone any hormonal treatment at the time of the study, according to their own declaration beforehand, and confirmed by repeated tests of hormonal levels.[31]

Prenatal androgen exposure

Prenatal androgen exposure, the lack thereof, or poor sensitivity to prenatal androgens are commonly cited mechanisms to explain the above discoveries. Schneider, Pickel, and Stalla (2006) found a correlation between digit ratio (a generally accepted marker for prenatal androgen exposure) and male to female transsexualism. MTF transsexuals were found to have a higher digit ratio than control males, but one that was comparable to control females.[32]
There are anomalies in nature. This does not exuclude the human brain.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:52pm   #87
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
Bull Dyke is an accepted slang term often accepted by the LGBT community as a term for a masculine lesbian...

You beat my Fu(king ass, I swear to God, Allah, Budda, Zeus and Even His holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster....ill sue....
Stop trying to get all your learnin' from the internets.

Butch, Lipstick, Boi, Chapstick, Femme, Stud, Stemme...all accepted. I've never heard any lesbian call another a bulldyke. Stud? Yes. Bulldyke? Only if they dislike that skank.

I won't beat your azz. I'll just lunge at ya. Make you cry.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:08am   #88
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
One woman - here in California - spit in my DIL's face. Walked right up to her and - without saying a word - spit in her face. Right in front if me. We were buying a coffee, just talking amongst ourselves. I have a high tolerance for bullshit, but I'll tell you this...the bitch wasn't as tough as she thought she was.
Damn. Just... damn.

If I were a witness to that scenario, I think I'd have trouble remembering whatever violence was perpetrated against the spitter, were I to be asked for a statement by a member of law enforcement.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15am   #89
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer

Quote:
Stop trying to get all your learnin' from the internets.

Butch, Lipstick, Boi, Chapstick, Femme, Stud, Stemme...all accepted. I've never heard any lesbian call another a bulldyke. Stud? Yes. Bulldyke? Only if they dislike that skank.

I won't beat your azz. I'll just lunge at ya. Make you cry.

Don't threaten me with a good time and not deliver...
Old 09-27-2013, 1:15am   #90
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterTraffic View Post
Damn. Just... damn.

If I were a witness to that scenario, I think I'd have trouble remembering whatever violence was perpetrated against the spitter, were I to be asked for a statement by a member of law enforcement.
Nothing came of it. People broke us up, she got up (off the ground) and just left. We even stayed behind because I was afraid if she called the police, I'd be accused of fleeing the scene or some stupid crap. That was the one and only time my daughter ever saw me physically fight someone. She was 21 at the time and I still felt bad about it happening in front of her.

Everyone around saw what happened. They were of the same opinion as you. They were pretty much floored that she did that. Just got within about 6" of Andrea's face and spit. It literally took me a few seconds to even process wtf had just happened. I couldn't believe it.

Anyhow, the ride home went roughly like this...

Me: (Sigh) Girls, that is not something you should do.
Girls: (laughing)
Me: This is serious. I'm being serious. Don't ever do that.
Caitlin: Maybe we should just cut you off from caffeine.
Me: I'm trying to teach you girls that violence does not solve things. Also, (pause) we should keep this to ourselves.
Andrea: You mean don't tell Robert?
Me: I did not SAY that specifically. I'm just saying...we don't necessarily have to talk about this after we get home.
(Long pause)
Caitlin: I still think you need some decaf.
Me: EVERYONE SHUT UP!!! IT'S QUIET TIME!!!
(Turns on radio)

Old 09-27-2013, 1:17am   #91
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
Don't threaten me with a good time and not deliver...
Old 09-27-2013, 3:38am   #92
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I just watched my daughter marry her longtime girlfriend a few weeks ago.
Good for her. If they get along well, treat each other well, and have a few laughs together that's what matters. Congratulation!

Quote:
One woman - here in California - spit in my DIL's face.
I wouldn't handle this terribly well I'm afraid.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 7:05am   #93
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:

That's behavior that no decent person would consider acceptable; if I’d seen it, and you'd decided to beat her unconscious at that point, I’d have backed you up.

The extremes on either side are, unfortunately, the ones that move the bar. I have no confidence that the LGBT community will ever be satisfied; it’s not in the nature of social movement groups to reach a goal and not set another one.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 7:37am   #94
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Nothing came of it. People broke us up, she got up (off the ground)
I thinks it's safe to say if someone is picking themselves up off the ground, something came of it.
Old 09-27-2013, 7:59am   #95
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 86.7%

Thanked 7,704 Times in 3,419 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
You're totally missing the point. Your brain defines you, not your body.

Male brain = male, female brain = female. This is very simple.
No... YOU are totally missing the point. If you want to push for tolerance, acceptance, fair treatment, etc that is wonderful. I wish you nothing but the best. BUT, don't try to tell me that I am somehow in the wrong for not buying that this person is "no different from the other girls".

I hate to break it to you, but your brain AND your body define you. It is not either/or. My father is a paraplegic. "Thinking" he can walk doesn't make it so. "Believing" that he will some day stand up and run around doesn't make it happen. I don't give a damn what this person's brain believes, they are NOT the same as any other "girl". Yea, sometimes life isn't fair and sometimes reality sucks .
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013, 8:01am   #96
...Whitepower...
Barn Raising III

Thanked 5,227 Times in 2,305 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10070941

Love how red was so out spoken and prejudiced prior to Sandy posting and now he's cracking jokes.
...Whitepower... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 8:03am   #97
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 86.7%

Thanked 7,704 Times in 3,419 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

P.S. I would pay good money to see NAV beat the shit out of some disrespectful b*tch on the street.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 8:20am   #98
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Whitepower... View Post
Love how red was so out spoken and prejudiced prior to Sandy posting and now he's cracking jokes.
MY Goal as always is not to offend her and her Family, I respect that her Daughter is a member of the Armed Forces, Sandy knows this. However she also knows that I am extremely opposed to homosexuals, homosexual relationships, Homosexual weddings, and anything else that violates the sanctity of traditional marriage and intercourse. I feel that the whole idea is wrong, completely immoral...
The Following User Says Thank You to RED-85-Z51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013, 8:23am   #99
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
I am extremely opposed to homosexuals, homosexual relationships, Homosexual weddings, and anything else that violates the sanctity of traditional marriage and intercourse. I feel that the whole idea is wrong, completely immoral
We all know this. But do you have to be so fuking LOUD about it?! Keee-rist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013, 8:26am   #100
RED-85-Z51
The Hooptie Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
We all know this. But do you have to be so fuking LOUD about it?! Keee-rist.
If I could organize a parade...I would.
The Following User Says Thank You to RED-85-Z51 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic