Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 5:14pm   #701
Sweet 90
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,737 Times in 1,318 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $741437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizlefrak View Post
North end of a south bound, night after hot pepper burrito eating all day fat tire drinkin' dawg.
Fixt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet 90 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 5:59pm   #702
DukeAllen
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.5%

Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,944 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10001598

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
Imagine how the "Y" looks like.
Somethings are too horrible to contemplate.
The Following User Says Thank You to DukeAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 7:59pm   #703
five-oh
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,028 Times in 386 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $429031

Quote:

Lets see what happens to him in the long run. I wonder why the police didn't kill him on the parking lot, probable cause to apply deadly force on the spot. We need a clean shave Conservative Cop in the C4 Barn, his opinion on few subjects will help.

I'm here.... But Pete, truthfully most cops now second guess themselves anytime there is a chance to put down a scumbag. I know- I've been there. The law system is so screwed up that if a cop is involved in a shooting, even if it's clearly a clean kill, he will be sued civilly. At the very least he's out mega bucks to retain legal council, at worse he can face major civil judgement.
I had a friend involved in a shoot several years ago. Guy tried to run him down with a car. He put the guy down. Guy was a dopedealing thug with multiple active warrants and history.. Friend was a never disciplined good cop... thugs family goes on the air talking about what a loving father he was, what a wonderful kind person he was, he was going to church and trying to get his life straight- nevermind the fact that cops were after him for theft......

Shoot ruled clean, no charges filed- thugs family filed a 2 million dollar civil suite against the officer. He's out money for a lawyer because the city's attorney will throw him under the bus to save the city. All it takes is one bad jury and he's done for life. Can't bankrupt that kinda judgement and making $30k a year will guarauntee that debt would never be paid...

Not knowing the full situation at Colorado, I can't say- but if the scumbag shooter did not present an IMMEDIATE threat- as in he walks out sees cops and throws up his hands to surrender- their hands were tied. No way they could put him down with the number of people watching....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to five-oh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 9:45pm   #704
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 22.7%

Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,562 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448
bilmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-oh View Post
I'm here.... But Pete, truthfully most cops now second guess themselves anytime there is a chance to put down a scumbag. I know- I've been there. The law system is so screwed up that if a cop is involved in a shooting, even if it's clearly a clean kill, he will be sued civilly. At the very least he's out mega bucks to retain legal council, at worse he can face major civil judgement.
I had a friend involved in a shoot several years ago. Guy tried to run him down with a car. He put the guy down. Guy was a dopedealing thug with multiple active warrants and history.. Friend was a never disciplined good cop... thugs family goes on the air talking about what a loving father he was, what a wonderful kind person he was, he was going to church and trying to get his life straight- nevermind the fact that cops were after him for theft......

Shoot ruled clean, no charges filed- thugs family filed a 2 million dollar civil suite against the officer. He's out money for a lawyer because the city's attorney will throw him under the bus to save the city. All it takes is one bad jury and he's done for life. Can't bankrupt that kinda judgement and making $30k a year will guarauntee that debt would never be paid...

Not knowing the full situation at Colorado, I can't say- but if the scumbag shooter did not present an IMMEDIATE threat- as in he walks out sees cops and throws up his hands to surrender- their hands were tied. No way they could put him down with the number of people watching....
I forgot about you Bill. The things you don't know, I guess if I was a cop I would not shoot anybody either. I hope your friend makes it out. In this case the law sucks, why this chapter doesn't get an amendment?

I know you guys remember this one. Back in the early 90's an asshole was robbing a house, he climbed on the roof and felt thru it and got stabbed in the kitchen with a knife as he hit the counter or surface. He actually sued the homeowners and won.
Old 07-23-2012, 9:53pm   #705
Vette40th
A Real Barner
Activity: 27.0%

Thanked 1,561 Times in 814 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3694

Lawyers and judges allow stupid things like a robber suing a house and winning.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:49pm   #706
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

Oh oh Pete, you went and butthurt this poor jagoff
Corvette Forum - View Single Post - Lets see your detailed LT1's!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53pm   #707
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet 90 View Post
Oh oh Pete, you went and butthurt this poor jagoff
Corvette Forum - View Single Post - Lets see your detailed LT1's!
Oh yes, saw it and sent you a PM.

That OP has been a member since 2007 and starts a thread on clean engines. Give me a freakin' break.

We already have enough about the other dude with the "I washed my Vette" thread. I asked him How he washed it and he responded with a water and a rag. nOObs, we got to love them.
The Following User Says Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58pm   #708
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-oh View Post

Quote:
I forgot about you Bill. .
The things you don't know, I guess if I was a cop I would not shoot anybody either. I hope your friend makes it out. In this case the law sucks, why this chapter doesn't get an amendment?

I know you guys remember this one. Back in the early 90's an asshole was robbing a house, he climbed on the roof and felt thru it and got stabbed in the kitchen with a knife as he hit the counter or surface. He actually sued the homeowners and won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette40th View Post
Lawyers and judges allow stupid things like a robber suing a house and winning.
Are you guys really talking about America? Sounds more like "Canada the good". Just WTF is going on down there? Seriously, you guys are beginng to scare this poor kittah
Old 07-23-2012, 11:01pm   #709
Sweet 90
A Real Barner

Quote:
Oh yes, saw it and sent you a PM.

That OP has been a member since 2007 and starts a thread on clean engines. Give me a freakin' break.

We already have enough about the other dude with the "I washed my Vette" thread. I asked him How he washed it and he responded with a water and a rag. nOObs, we got to love them.

Yeah what a bunch of fu$king idiots. Still had to respond, no one but no one messes with the posse
Old 07-23-2012, 11:04pm   #710
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120

Quote:

Yeah what a bunch of fu$king idiots. Still had to respond, no one but no one messes with the posse
Highway man is funny. He is not going to respond to me. Did I ask him a question? I'm LMAO at that moron. With 20 posts tries to break the ice on a 13 year old forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 8:02am   #711
DukeAllen
A Real Barner

Quote:

-- The Lone Ranger was ambushed and captured by an enemy Indian War Party. The Indian Chief proclaims, So, YOU are the great Lone Ranger. In honor of the Harvest Festival, YOU will be executed in three days. Before I kill you, I grant you three requests, what is your FIRST request?

The Lone Ranger responds, I'd like to speak to my horse. The Chief nods and Silver is brought before the Lone Ranger who whispers in Silver's ear, and the horse gallops away. Later that evening, Silver returns with a beautiful blonde woman on his back. As the Indian Chief watches, the blonde enters the Lone Ranger's tent and spends the night. The next morning the Indian Chief admits he's impressed. You have a very fine and loyal horse, But, I will still kill you in two days. What is your SECOND request?

The Lone Ranger again asks to speak to his horse. Silver is brought to him, and he again whispers in the horse's ear. As before, Silver takes off and disappears over the horizon. Later that evening, to the Chief's surprise, Silver again returns, this time with a voluptuous brunette, more attractive than the blonde. She enters the Lone Rangers tent and spends the night.

The following morning the Indian Chief is again impressed. You are indeed a man of many talents, but I will still kill you tomorrow. What is your LAST request?

The Lone Ranger responds, I'd like to speak to my horse, alone. The Chief is curious, but he agrees, and Silver is brought to the Lone Ranger's tent. Once they're alone, the Lone Ranger grabs Silver by both ears, Looks him square in the eye and says, Listen Very Carefully! FOR THE LAST TIME, I SAID "BRING POSSE"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DukeAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05am   #712
C4fan
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,418 Times in 706 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $882805

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeAllen View Post
I need a government loan to clean up the vomit after seeing that.
Quote:
Imagine how the "Y" looks like.
OK, I survived the first round without throwing up but the second one got me.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12am   #713
DukeAllen
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4fan View Post
Time for eye wash
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DukeAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55am   #714
C4fan
A Real Barner

Quote:
Time for eye wash
That "Y" image in my head is much better thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to C4fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 1:02pm   #715
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4fan View Post
Bill,

You didn't get the second round. Friz and Sweet got the REAL second round and I also received a warning by our moderator when I asked if I could post her picture. Needles to say he said "NO", but he meant "F*CK NO".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 1:12pm   #716
C4fan
A Real Barner

Quote:
Bill,

You didn't get the second round. Friz and Sweet got the REAL second round and I also received a warning by our moderator when I asked if I could post her picture. Needles to say he said "NO", but he meant "F*CK NO".
Why do I feel like I owe the moderator a bit of gratitude. I've already got thoughts (of kinky matted black hair covering an horrific object) that can't be removed even with 24 hrs of water boarding.
Old 07-24-2012, 2:40pm   #717
DukeAllen
A Real Barner

Default Over 50% of people don't know the opposite meaning of these words. . .

1. Always
2. Coming
3. From
4. Take
5. Me
6. Down

Don't cheat and click on this link until you have figured it out:

http://tinyurl.com/2s4x6q
The Following User Says Thank You to DukeAllen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 4:31pm   #718
Vette Jockey
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $460853

Quote:
I forgot about you Bill. The things you don't know, I guess if I was a cop I would not shoot anybody either. I hope your friend makes it out. In this case the law sucks, why this chapter doesn't get an amendment?

A highly trained LEO is more afraid of the attorneys and the aftermath than he/she is of the perp with the gun.

First they take your gun away (hopefully you have a back-up), put you on an administrative leave. If it is not a completely clean shoot, they tell you that you are on your own and need to get your own attorney. The department will disavow you at the first possibility of settlement for them.

The sad part is that training is one of the first budget cuts. So, when the untrained Officer does something wrong because he/she was improperly/under trained, the department immediately says, we did not train him/her to do that. If LAPD had authorized the Carotid Restraint, Rodney King would have never happened. They were at fault, in my opinion, but, the Officers’ paid the price.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vette Jockey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 6:50pm   #719
DukeAllen
A Real Barner

Mail order bride puts special battery powered "friend" on steroids.
dead battery 2x in one month - Corvette Forum
Old 07-24-2012, 8:29pm   #720
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120

Quote:
Mail order bride puts special battery powered "friend" on steroids.
dead battery 2x in one month - Corvette Forum

Mr. T is a total genius when it's time for troubleshooting or to guess what the problem is. If he doesn't take his medication, his post (Bull-Shit) could be longer than the bible.
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion