Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 6:02pm   #41
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 11,539 Times in 5,692 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Harry still active in the business?? or he outta it now...not seen/heard about him in some 23 years now.....I have an interesting story to tell about the mass firings back then.....and Alice Estes......ring a bell???

When I bought my '87 vette, I joined the CCA#1 club in NCCC Wash DC region, oldest club formed in 1956......

and so sponsoring dealer was Criswell Chevy in G'burg Md......and when hanging with the guys every 3rd Tues? of the month, in the evenings, they'd clean out the dealership for our gathering, so we could use the service bays and so from 6-9pm the parts/sales/service managers were there to tend to our affairs....so were many service writers.....

well one evening I happend to walk by the normally shut offices of the service writers, and in the end office was this chick working, sign on her desk was Alice Estes......grand daughter of Pete Estes, past head/prez? of GM, so I mentioned it to her, and she tightened up a bit and said yes I"m his grand daughter, but please do not say anything to ANYONE!!! OK, so my mouth was zipped......well a few months went by, and at one of the meets she popped outta her office to talk to a head mechanic about some truck on the lift, kids knew damn well every part on that truck, no BS'n HER.....

So I had noticed that HER office was full of paperwork.....and the other service writers was not.....interesting....never thought much of it UNTILL, we all showed up one evening, and ALL the old dept heads were FIRED, and a whole new staff in place, from Harry Criswell, who was the owner who took over when his father left the joint, I dunno how/why....died?? anyway.....the whole new crew interoduced themselved and so the club meets were not affected.......

Talked to one of the managers, I forget what dept. at this point....and he allowed upon pointed questions that it was Alice that went through the paperwork and figgered out that men had arranged crap so to rip off the owner, and bury paperwork to hide the fact......bureaucracy.......

so of find out that was her occupation, going all over the nation, helping out dealers in trouble to figger out what is RONG with their operation they not making the money they should expect......I dunno if limited to GM dealers or other companies also.......

She was in her late 20's at any rate, and decent looking kid, I"d been 20 years younger I"d said HELLO.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 6:25pm   #42
allthrottleandsomebottle
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,705 Times in 588 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1005893

I still got some old ass c5s......
Attached Thumbnails
00 vert burnout2.jpg  

4-14-06_launch_1_49.jpg  

VIR_2007_under_WOT.jpg  

7-3-11 vettes for vets at wmsbg winery 057.JPG  

01 vert burnout 5-8-09 track rental.jpg  

allthrottleandsomebottle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to allthrottleandsomebottle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 6:49pm   #43
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 8,398 Times in 4,251 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Harry still active in the business?? or he outta it now...not seen/heard about him in some 23 years now.....I have an interesting story to tell about the mass firings back then.....and Alice Estes......ring a bell???

Yes he is. He’s a lot more mellow now in his old age.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 8:41pm   #44
Lipstic
Barn Stall Owner #0380
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,801 Times in 529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2005155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
Yes, I bought a '15 Stingray, '17 GS, '19 Z06 and a '19 Tahoe from Mike Furman. I just can't pass up a great deal, and I know that I can trust Mike, he's top notch and a good friend.

He is a great guy. Has my order for a C8 Z06
Lipstic is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic