Old 07-26-2011, 10:45am   #41
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Norway suspect sought 'Christian war' against Islam - Faith & Reason - USATODAY.com

Should be interesting to see how those of you who say all Muslims are evil because of the actions of a few, defend this.

I'll go ahead and assume you will say he is the exception and doesn't represent his religion. So then I'll ask why not extend the same feelings to Muslims? After all many of you judge the whole faith (with more than one billion members) based on the actions of a couple hundred people.

Wonder if there will be massive protest in Oslo next time someone wants to build a church close to their "ground zero".
So I guess the defense most of you are putting up is "he isn't a Christian". Clearly this is denial.

Are you then willing to say that Muslims crashing aircraft into buildings isn't what Islam is about?

My 8 ball says "no".
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49am   #42
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 44.6%

Thanked 7,732 Times in 3,442 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
So I guess the defense most of you are putting up is "he isn't a Christian". Clearly this is denial.

Are you then willing to say that Muslims crashing aircraft into buildings isn't what Islam is about?

My 8 ball says "no".

Please... post the list of Christian, RELIGION BASED terrorist attacks as I did with those attacks carried out by Muslims.

While you are at it, show me Christians doing anything like this:

...or this:

If you have a little more time, please show me a Christian Terrorist training facility.

I'll be waiting.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07am   #43
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Please... post the list of Christian, RELIGION BASED terrorist attacks as I did with those attacks carried out by Muslims.

While you are at it, show me Christians doing anything like this:

...or this:

If you have a little more time, please show me a Christian Terrorist training facility.

I'll be waiting.
So I guess your answer is "no".
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10am   #44
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
You want to talk about the sick f*ck in Norway. If he indeed did have religion as his motive then he absolutely WAS a religious terrorist. I never said otherwise.
Quote:
So I guess your answer is "no".
Not sure what part of my statement you fail to comprehend.

I'm still waiting for your links that show Christians preaching, condoning, and teaching terrorism like many sects of Islam do.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28am   #45
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,347 Times in 10,558 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:

My 8 ball says "no".
He IS NOT a Christian

prove otherwise or STFU

btw, how could YOU possibly even know what it is to be a Christian...when you do not believe in any Christian teachings or traditions. If memory serves me correctly...you don't believe in God.

You have ZERO credibility in this matter.

Again, PROVE he is a Christian.

we won't hold our breath.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40am   #46
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
He IS NOT a Christian

prove otherwise or STFU

btw, how could YOU possibly even know what it is to be a Christian...when you do not believe in any Christian teachings or traditions. If memory serves me correctly...you don't believe in God.

You have ZERO credibility in this matter.

Again, PROVE he is a Christian.

we won't hold our breath.
It doesn't matter if he's Christian...prove he did it in the name of Christianity/per his organized christian religious beliefs. I don't think so.
Stangkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45am   #47
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

It's sad (and pathetic) that you WANT this guy to be Christian as bad as you do just so you can point a finger.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48am   #48
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
It doesn't matter if he's Christian...prove he did it in the name of Christianity/per his organized christian religious beliefs. I don't think so.
I think the point that JC is intentionally overlooking is that lack of organized church driven actions. The Catholic church didn't say "bomb folks". Nor did any other Christian denomination that I know of. Those that do tend to take these stances tend to be disavowed pretty quickly and pretty harshly. Contrast that to the Muslim church, where you have entire belief systems publicly espousing terrorism as a component of Jihad, at a much more disproportionate number than Christianity has. You also have a systemic policy of not taking an active and vocal position of opposition to the actions of Muslims, by Muslims.

Terrorism has no socio/politico/religious boundaries. The man was a terrorist. The hyphenation is, IMO, unnecessary. But it's sure convenient for a self acknowledged hater of Christianity to trot out in a deliberately trolling post.
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:51am   #49
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,557 Times in 5,699 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Norwegian's manifesto shows Breivik not religious, having no personal faith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian' Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian'
vigalante is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:57am   #50
prospero63
A Real Barner

Holy fuck. I just realized something. So apparently that ass in Norway was a Norwegian terrorist.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00pm   #51
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
Holy fuck. I just realized something. So apparently that ass in Norway was a Norwegian terrorist.
Wanna hear something odd ?

When listening to the Norwegians ... every single one speaks perfect English ...
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01pm   #52
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Guilt by association? No.
Just as not all Muslims are bad/terrorists.
Are they guilty by association? At times yes.
Does it make it right? No.
Wait. Lines 1 and 3 appear to conflict.

However, there are quite a few (mainly on another forum) who take guilt by association to 11 and say that all Muslims are the same or to blame simply because of what some have done, or because some others might agree with the beliefs if not the actions of those few.

But then when a Christian or a Conservative does something like this, all of a sudden he's "the exception" and nobody is guilty by association.

I just want to know, which is it?
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12pm   #53
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Wanna hear something odd ?

When listening to the Norwegians ... every single one speaks perfect English ...
Wait. Are you saying he spoke English? He was an English speaking terrorist? Clearly, everyone who speaks English must be hunted like dogs and put to the stake.
The Following User Says Thank You to prospero63 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 12:14pm   #54
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

Quote:
Wait. Are you saying he spoke English? He was an English speaking terrorist? Clearly, everyone who speaks English must be hunted like dogs and put to the stake.
"You're in Norwegia! Speak Norwegian you f*cking 'Merican! Quit hanging out at 7-11 looking for jobs!"
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scissors For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 12:17pm   #55
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
However, there are quite a few (mainly on another forum) who take guilt by association to 11 and say that all Muslims are the same or to blame simply because of what some have done, or because some others might agree with the beliefs if not the actions of those few.

But then when a Christian or a Conservative does something like this, all of a sudden he's "the exception" and nobody is guilty by association.
No, all Muslims are not the same. No, not all are to blame.

The HUGE difference between the actions of the Christian terrorists and the Muslim terrorists is, as Prospero posted, the church driven aspect of it.

I have yet to see a Christian church advocating violence and I have yet to see a terrorist attack by a Christian as a direct result of being influenced to do so by an organized church. You simply can't say the same in regards to Islam.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49pm   #56
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,557 Times in 5,699 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
And I'll ad to this any "Christian Church" (ex: Westboro Baptist) who does propose to spew the garbage it does is quickly and resoundingly put down as a perverted fringe.
Where ass the slimy muzzies are at BEST, silent...or cheer them on at least, the rest send them support, if not bodies....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 1:40pm   #57
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0
Default Glenn Beck ~ Young Norway victims like 'Hitler Youth'

Conservative commentator Glenn Beck compared the victims of the shooting spree at a Norway summer camp to Nazi's youth movement, drawing international ire.

Beck compares Norway victims to 'Hitler Youth' - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or whatever," Beck said on his radio show Monday, which is broadcast on more than 400 stations.

"I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics ?

Disturbing," Beck said about the Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoya where 68 people, mostly teens, were killed.

Later in the same show, Beck described Anders Behring Breivik — the Norwegian suspect charged with last week's double massacres — as a "madman."

Former press secretary to Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, Torbjorn Eriksen, swiftly condemned the U.S. broadcaster for his remarks about the Utoya camp.

"Young political activists have gathered at Utoya for over 60 years to learn about and be part of democracy, the very opposite of what the Hitler Youth was about," Eriksen told the Daily Telegraph.

"Glenn Beck's comments are ignorant, incorrect and extremely hurtful."

The massacre on Utoya came hours after a bombing on a government building in central Oslo on Friday.

The twin attacks killed at least 76 people, shocking a nation so unaccustomed to violence that police officers there are rarely armed .

Eriksen told the Daily Telegraph Beck's remarks were a "new low" for the former Fox News pundit, who left the network earlier this year after sagging ratings and a litany of controversial quotes.

The Hitler Youth was a division of the Nazi Party, made up of teens and and children as young as 10, that existed from 1922 to 1945.

Washington-based activist group The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence called Beck's comparison "absolutely disgusting."

Political camps associated with Beck

Despite his harsh words, Beck actually has some involvement in political youth camps himself.
His 9/12 Project — which aims to unite Americans as much as they were on the day following the Sept. 11 attacks — has been running camps for kids this summer.

The Utah camp, for example, seeks to provide "heritage-based education for youth, with special focus on the Constitution and the Founding generation."

I want to make this very, very clear: This is the act of a madman," Beck said.
"This is the act of somebody who needs to be in prison for the rest of their life."

Beck also said he predicted something like this would happen.

"I warned that this what was coming in Europe ...

Last fall I said Europe is going to go into financial trouble and it's also going to go into problems with radical Islam."

Sad.
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 1:41pm   #58
CuzzinJack
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1640

Quote:
Many a true word is spoken in jest ..

Pity the majority of people didn't grasp , nearly ten years ago , that the supposed 9/11 hijackers , who frequented strip clubs and drank alcohol , were merely Saudi terrorists/lunatics and not true Muslims .. I guess that if they had been seen eating pork chops and bacon sammiches a few might have questioned the media/govt. propaganda ..

Oh , and redLS1GTO Your feeble attempts at putting your 'broad brush' away have been noted but your inability to do so completely is very evident ..Haters just gotta hate eh ?.. ..
CuzzinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 1:55pm   #59
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzzinJack View Post
Oh , and redLS1GTO Your feeble attempts at putting your 'broad brush' away have been noted but your inability to do so completely is very evident ..Haters just gotta hate eh ?.. ..
I corrected the one part of my statement that was incorrect and admitted that I should have not made a blanket statement.

I've spent years of my life in the Middle East and have seen the amount of hatred generated by this religion towards "nonbelievers". How about you? Have you seen it first hand? Do you have any clue as to what you are talking about other than what you learned by sitting on your ass reading the internet and watching TV?

For every documented case of a Christian going on a killing spree based on some misguided religious belief, there are dozens of Muslims who blow up crowds of people based on what their religion has taught them. There are more acts of terror commited by Muslims than every other religion combined. If you choose not to accept that fact, I couldn't care less. If you want to call me a hater, go for it. There is not much in this Word that I care less about than your opinion of me.

I'm still waiting on the list of RELIGION BASED terrorist attacks by Christians and the details of the Christian terrorist training camps. I have already provided a substantial amount of information of the Islamic religion based terrorist attacks.
Old 07-26-2011, 1:56pm   #60
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzzinJack View Post
Pity the majority of people didn't grasp , nearly ten years ago , that the supposed 9/11 hijackers , who frequented strip clubs and drank alcohol , were merely Saudi terrorists/lunatics and not true Muslims .. I guess that if they had been seen eating pork chops and bacon sammiches a few might have questioned the media/govt. propaganda ..

Quick question... what was the motive of those 9/11 terrorists? Why did they hop on planes and kill thousands of innocent people?

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion