Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2017, 2:34pm   #41
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Well, you shouldn't think about it nor should you care. Gays, Lesbians, TG or mixed race couples' impact on your life amounts to nothing. You may despise the whole idea of it and you're entitled to. But it doesn't impact you other than making you feel disgusted. Two gays one the cover of Time staring at you in the checkout of the grocery store shouldn't bother you one bit. So I'm compelled to ask; why does it?
And I don't. This is (for me) less of an indictment of how people choose to live their lives and more one where I despise another entity (in this case, the media and advertising) trying to foist on me their views as a means by which to cause me to change my thinking. I really do think there is an attitude of "we think this is right and you should too, or you're just not enlightened." Especially when those views are not truly representative of what really exists in this country.

Quote:
So fuck him and his gnarly snatch.
And THIS is why I want to be like you when I grow up.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 2:46pm   #42
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 19.1%

Thanked 33,869 Times in 12,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 2:55pm   #43
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Well, you shouldn't think about it nor should you care. Gays, Lesbians, TG or mixed race couples' impact on your life amounts to nothing. You may despise the whole idea of it and you're entitled to. But it doesn't impact you other than making you feel disgusted. Two gays one the cover of Time staring at you in the checkout of the grocery store shouldn't bother you one bit. So I'm compelled to ask; why does it?

Take the Jenner situation as an example. This passed from wanting to live your life as a woman long ago and has now turned into a publicity circus. Do I care what Jenner does? Nope. Is Jenner a hero? Not on your life. Is Jenner entitled to live Jenner's life as Jenner see's fit? Yup. Does Jenner have the right to stick it in our faces 24/7? Yes. If he would have simply gone on with his life after the change, I'd respect that. But he chose to turn it into a circus. So fuck him and his gnarly snatch.

I wish. This was pre-cell phone era dating.
Gays don't bother me, mixed couples...no impact. What bothers me is the slimy way that everything we see is manipulated. Let change happen organically. Survival of the fittest etc. If it is to be, it will be. I don't need my TV, Internet, Movies, Music, etc. all bent and twisted so I will get some message out of it. Leave it the hell alone. Be creative in the story lines. The killer doesn't have to be gay, and shouldn't NOT be gay. If it brings nothing to the story, it has ZERO importance...as it should.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 2:55pm   #44
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
trying to foist on me their views as a means by which to cause me to change my thinking.
Change your thinking from what to what?

Quote:
I really do think there is an attitude of "we think this is right and you should too, or you're just not enlightened." Especially when those views are not truly representative of what really exists in this country.
What is 'right?' Hetero only?

I do agree with the "you should too, or you're just not enlightened" sentiment. It's the same shit you see all over; I can't be right YOU have to be proven wrong.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 3:22pm   #45
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.3%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,863 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:

Take the Jenner situation as an example. This passed from wanting to live your life as a woman long ago and has now turned into a publicity circus. Do I care what Jenner does? Nope. Is Jenner a hero? Not on your life. Is Jenner entitled to live Jenner's life as Jenner see's fit? Yup. Does Jenner have the right to stick it in our faces 24/7? Yes. If he would have simply gone on with his life after the change, I'd respect that. But he chose to turn it into a circus. So fuck him and his gnarly snatch.

I wish. This was pre-cell phone era dating.
I don't care who the male dick lickers and the female carpet munchers do "their thing" with just keep it out of my face. That goes for in person or on the tube.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 3:27pm   #46
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 33,025 Times in 14,165 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

what happened to the idea of "private life"? you know, what you do when you are not in public?

i don't care what you are wearing, what you are having for dinner (unless i'm invited, then i have a stake in the matter), what you read or watch, who you roll in the hay with.

just get up in the morning, shower and shave, get dressed, and go about your public life. go home and knock yourself out. but there is no need to broadcast all the icky details behind the front door. it's a door, close it. keep everyone out.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 3:40pm   #47
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
Change your thinking from what to what?

What is 'right?' Hetero only?
Let me put it another way: I don't need any outside influences to tell me what the "right" opinion should be, whatever that is. I can make up my own mind.

"Right" is different for everyone. I just don't care what someone else's "right" is.

I should TIVO everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
I don't care who the male dick lickers and the female carpet munchers do "their thing" with just keep it out of my face. That goes for in person or on the tube.
I think there's a certain amount of validity to this. Do your thing, whatever it may be. Just don't act as though I should be so excited as to want to celebrate your differences (e.g. Jenner) or want to be any more exposed to it than is unavoidable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 3:52pm   #48
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Let me put it another way: I don't need any outside influences to tell me what the "right" opinion should be, whatever that is. I can make up my own mind.

"Right" is different for everyone. I just don't care what someone else's "right" is.

I should TIVO everything.

I think there's a certain amount of validity to this. Do your thing, whatever it may be. Just don't act as though I should be so excited as to want to celebrate your differences (e.g. Jenner).
You're no longer allowed to be passive in your acceptance of alternative lifestyles. The expectation these days is you applaud and endorse them. Fuck that. Bitches best be applauding when the helmet breaks the plane of the bung.
Old 09-06-2017, 3:58pm   #49
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Quote:
You're no longer allowed to be passive in your acceptance of alternative lifestyles. The expectation these days is you applaud and endorse them. Fuck that. Bitches best be applauding when the helmet breaks the plane of the bung.
Ya know, Thomas, I love ya man...but I always feel like I need a shower after I read your posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 4:00pm   #50
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 33,025 Times in 14,165 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
Ya know, Thomas, I love ya man...but I always feel like I need a shower after I read your posts.
body condom?
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 4:00pm   #51
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Old 09-06-2017, 4:05pm   #52
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Fox View Post
How many service men from WWI brought home wives from other countries?

How many service men from WWII brought home wives from other countries?

Korea?

Vietnam?

Dont think it is or every has happened in the Middle East wars.

But remember the immigrants who came to America as well.

Pretty sure everybody looked at those war time marriages as questionable and ill advised. I guess its a shame their grandchildren and children don't see it the same way anymore.

My Mother is from Mexico, but looks Oriental due to her pale skin. I remember seeing prejudice and hate from many older Americans towards my parents back then - because they thought she was a Korean war bride. As an adult I still have experienced this with others just looking at photos of them together.

I personally think that a black - white marriage creates very beautiful people.

(If you have to look at it as an issue think of it like the Vikings did. They impregnanted every viable female they could at the time to bring their cultural (and genes) into the lands they pilaged. It doenst get mentioned as much, but they also enslaved the pregant to raise their offspring as Vikings or justed killed them right then. Maybe those white men and women are just descendents of Vikings. )
For one reason, ME females fukking stink. Imagine being in 100+ temps and walking by a well used Port-O-Potty. Now imagine walking down wind from one of those ninja babes. There is no difference. There are plenty of male American GIs that given an opportunity just will not dip their wang in that melting pot of, to quote Fred G Sanford, "Fungus is amongus". Now don't get me wrong, there are some babes that dress normal in UAE, for example. But when you see "Cousin It" dressed in all black, the time to GTFO and upwind is upon you.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 4:24pm   #53
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 8,122 Times in 4,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
For one reason, ME females fukking stink. Imagine being in 100+ temps and walking by a well used Port-O-Potty. Now imagine walking down wind from one of those ninja babes. There is no difference. There are plenty of male American GIs that given an opportunity just will not dip their wang in that melting pot of, to quote Fred G Sanford, "Fungus is amongus". Now don't get me wrong, there are some babes that dress normal in UAE, for example. But when you see "Cousin It" dressed in all black, the time to GTFO and upwind is upon you.
Your description
Reminds me of this gem.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:48pm   #54
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Barn Stall Owner #49
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,978 Times in 2,076 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025197

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
body condom?
At least eye condoms....
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 2:19am   #55
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,566 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
You guys should check out how marketing companies are watching where you go on and offline and stalk you with ads.

Minds will be blown.
One of the worst on that is Fakebook......damn mess, really....maybe 1/2 dzn groups and my kids/grandkids.....I would never bother to be on there....

I click on 'home' there, and 1/2 the search list is lawyers about the J&J physio mesh claims.....I have a tummy mesh surgical issue and lots of pain and discomfort.....and the medical types just palm it off....but what with the .gov cancelling our medical coverage, we just don't have so much bucks to be chasing doctors over it.....
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 8:16am   #56
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
One of the worst on that is Fakebook......damn mess, really....maybe 1/2 dzn groups and my kids/grandkids.....I would never bother to be on there....

I click on 'home' there, and 1/2 the search list is lawyers about the J&J physio mesh claims.....I have a tummy mesh surgical issue and lots of pain and discomfort.....and the medical types just palm it off....but what with the .gov cancelling our medical coverage, we just don't have so much bucks to be chasing doctors over it.....

Amazon is bad. If I look at something on Amazon, I swear it comes out printed on my toilet paper later that day. It's crazy.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 11:05am   #57
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

Seems like they intensified markedly following the highly-maligned Cheerios mixed race TV spots.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15am   #58
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post

Isn't there a recall on one of those mesh products? I think I've seen commercials on TV about it. And there were white people in the commercials, so you might qualify.

As for insurance, aren't you on medicare?
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:25am   #59
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.3%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,863 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
Isn't there a recall on one of those mesh products? I think I've seen commercials on TV about it. And there were white people in the commercials, so you might qualify.

As for insurance, aren't you on medicare?
One of our local ambulance chasing legal gonifs outfits are advertising about the mesh companies.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:08pm   #60
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
One of our local ambulance chasing legal gonifs outfits are advertising about the mesh companies.
They are going after the anti-hypertension drug "Benicar" too. I've seen several TV commercials about it.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onedef92 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic