Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2017, 2:29pm   #21
C5SilverBullet
Barn Stall Owner #3
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2324642

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
Then how do you know who to charge higher interest rates to?

I don't see race, but I do see credit scores.
C5SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C5SilverBullet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 2:57pm   #22
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

mixed race couples?
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 3:18pm   #23
Defib1961
Barn Stall Owner #23
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,881 Times in 2,031 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $144580

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I am white. My wife is white. But we adopted a black dog...My other dog is brown. We also have two cats and one is black.

We are a mixed race family.
We have a black one, a brown one, a gray one and a black and white one. Just need one with slanted eyes and we are complete.
Defib1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 3:57pm   #24
Truck Guy
Barn Stall Owner #18
NCM Supporter '11
Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $227052

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
never seen that. ugly ones....
I KNOW!

...that's why I said hot
Truck Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 3:59pm   #25
Truck Guy
Barn Stall Owner #18
NCM Supporter '11
Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $227052

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet View Post
I don't see race, but I do see credit scores.
Truck Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 4:05pm   #26
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Since when is it a badge of shame to marry or co-habitate within your own race?.
I was with you all the way until this comment.

This is a commercial. Commercials are created to sell a product. If they can reach more potential buyers depicting a happy mixed race couple, that's exactly what they're going to do. I don't have any statistics but I'm going to assume the majority of couples are still white/white, black/black, etc. But if they can capture some of the interracial consumers that's what they'll do.

I don't think they're trying shame. The intent is to show mixed race is part of our culture now. 30 years ago if you saw a black man and a white woman together it raised a eyebrow. That is no longer the case. You can't jump to the conclusion because they're showing a mixed race couple their intent is to shame the white/white, black/black couple.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 4:11pm   #27
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

This is a commercial. Commercials are created to sell a product. If they can reach more potential buyers depicting a happy mixed race couple, that's exactly what they're going to do. I don't have any statistics but I'm going to assume the majority of couples are still white/white, black/black, etc. But if they can capture some of the interracial consumers that's what they'll do.

I don't think they're trying shame. The intent is to show mixed race is part of our culture now. 30 years ago if you saw a black man and a white woman together it raised a eyebrow. That is no longer the case. You can't jump to the conclusion because they're showing a mixed race couple their intent is to shame the white/white, black/black couple.
Sort of like tattoos. I see people every day employed in places where they wouldn't have even gotten an interview years ago with the tattoos they have.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 4:34pm   #28
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,687 Times in 13,645 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:

I don't think it is a reflection of changing times. I think it is a desensitizing process in order to make change. We will all become so used to it that we don't think about it anymore. The sale isn't just for the product. It is for the lifestyle too. Same with gay characters. TGs are the up and coming big TV hit. Ulterior motives are everywhere and this is just part of an ongoing indoctrination.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 4:45pm   #29
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I don't think it is a reflection of changing times. I think it is a desensitizing process in order to make change. We will all become so used to it that we don't think about it anymore. The sale isn't just for the product. It is for the lifestyle too. Same with gay characters. TGs are the up and coming big TV hit. Ulterior motives are everywhere and this is just part of an ongoing indoctrination.
In the context of IC's post, make change from what to what? A white guy who digs white chicks to a white guy who digs black? Am I going to suddenly start sucking cock because I see two guys holding hands in a gay cruise line commercial? Nope. Am I suddenly going to develop an attraction to black women if I see a commercial for an SUV depicting the happy couple driving their mixed race children to soccer practice? Negative.

25 years ago I dated a black chick for a bit. She had an apartment in my building. Did it cross my mind what I was doing? Sure did. Did I care? Not in the least. She was hot, and more importantly had a wicked sense of humor. I never considered I was being programmed. She was just hot and funny AF. It's as simple as that.
Old 09-05-2017, 8:30pm   #30
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

I'm in a mixed race marriage myself and I think it's b.s.

Most married couples in America are SURPRISE same race. Most of those are SURPRISE white.

The same trend should hold in commercials and TV. But it doesn't. Because they're pushing an agenda. The TV America is a country where where whites are a minority and 50% of the population is gay.

There's a reason why white supremacy has had a mini renaissance and we saw what we did in Charlottesville - there IS a purposeful push on the left for white genocide. Pushing mass 3rd world immigration, interracial marriage, and of course childlessness and/or transgenderism and/or homosexuality for whites. Hell, many leftists literally use the exact phrase "white genocide"

It's effing ridiculous. Of course, recognizing it and pointing out means I'm a KKK Neo Nazi White supremacist.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 8:32pm   #31
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

The left also uses TV to push other social re-engineering agendas. Consider also the TV/Ad trope of the idiotic helpless husband and smart wife.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 10:00pm   #32
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
In the context of IC's post, make change from what to what? A white guy who digs white chicks to a white guy who digs black? Am I going to suddenly start sucking cock because I see two guys holding hands in a gay cruise line commercial? Nope. Am I suddenly going to develop an attraction to black women if I see a commercial for an SUV depicting the happy couple driving their mixed race children to soccer practice? Negative.

25 years ago I dated a black chick for a bit. She had an apartment in my building. Did it cross my mind what I was doing? Sure did. Did I care? Not in the least. She was hot, and more importantly had a wicked sense of humor. I never considered I was being programmed. She was just hot and funny AF. It's as simple as that.
Maybe I wasn't clear.

It is the same effect that video games have on kids. Kill, kill, kill, kill and get more lives and kill kill kill and get more lives and pretty soon, you are numb to the killing and it is just a game and points are the goal, the killing is not even noticed other than its value in points.

I'm not saying they try to make you gay. I am saying that if two out of three commercials have two guys kissing each other, in time when you see it at dinner, or in a store, it elicits no reaction. You're jaded to it and now they can go on to the next new thing to introduce you to.

Movies/TV with black presidents, movies/TV with women presidents. If there were 3 network shows with transgender presidents and two years from now there is a TG candidate, the reaction will be very different than if it were to happen cold.

Medicine. I watched a commercial for a medication in which the actors had TWO LINES. The entire commercial was side effects warning. You get so used to hearing them that you don't even hear them anymore.

My point is that you are not being programmed. You're being UNprogrammed. Your being trained to have no response at all because it is the new norm.

Now I will put on my new tin foil hat and go a step further. I think we have already been introduced to concepts in movies that exist. Not specifically BUT lets use aliens as an example. If there are sitcoms, adventures, dramas etc all revolving around aliens and society starts to embrace these aliens like they are Walking Dead characters or Game of Thrones, or whatever, then one day, we actually have an alien encounter, it would go very different than it would if a space ship just landed and they pop out. Probably a bad comparison but think back....Face off about a face transplant, then we had face transplants. People didn't freak out, they probably said, "oh that's like the movie Face Off. That kind of thing. Could be medical, could be biological, could be cultural. Listen to some of the new music. I picked up on Middle Eastern influences in it. Baliwood...an introduction to a shift in culture and it will grow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 11:35pm   #33
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Ok here's a question for those folks on the strict "agenda" front, how has streaming and instant access to content without those "agenda" commercials (and shows for that matter) affected their goal of converting people?

IMHO, it's counter productive. If I can stream any show I want at any time without any commericals (or very limited one I can FF thru) then the reach of people who consume that content is diminished. At that point one is simply preaching to the choir and not spending money very wise to further a cause.

Just some food for thought.
I'm not sure how old you are but streaming doesn't belong to "us". We use it, but it is a younger generation thing. "We" use it to roll back to the good old days and escape the agenda. When we are gone, the viewership for the streaming we are doing will die off too. Streaming is a great tool for the agenda. Why do things go "viral"? Maybe they don't. Maybe they are claimed as "viral" so they DO go viral. Watch this video that 4 million people liked. Maybe only 100 actually liked it, but if you think 4 million did, you are more likely to take a look and eventually 4 million have watched it.

I could make my point better verbally than typing it all.

TV may follow fads, but it sets them too. All an agenda. It's not fully developed but I assure you it is approaching weaponization. The MSM is already used as a weapon against Trump. It will not subside when he is gone. TV and entertainment is a not-so-sleeping Godzilla.
Old 09-06-2017, 5:32am   #34
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Also the male or white chick depending on who's in the commercial are always the idiot.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stangkiller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 8:40am   #35
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Am I going to suddenly start sucking cock because I see two guys holding hands in a gay cruise line commercial? Nope. Am I suddenly going to develop an attraction to black women if I see a commercial for an SUV depicting the happy couple driving their mixed race children to soccer practice?
Actually you might. Because you're Thomas.

(pics of black chick?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I'm in a mixed race marriage myself and I think it's b.s.

Most married couples in America are SURPRISE same race. Most of those are SURPRISE white.

The same trend should hold in commercials and TV. But it doesn't. Because they're pushing an agenda. The TV America is a country where where whites are a minority and 50% of the population is gay.
I really think it's a lot closer to this. And no, I don't think the black helicopters are circling my house. I do think that there's more to it than just selling product and that a lot of assumptions about the country and its demographics are made that really aren't true. There is a liberal agenda that exists in advertising that likes to tell us how they think things "should be."

Again, while I don't really care one way or another, I don't need a bunch of advertising executives on Madison Avenue trying to subliminally instruct me on what is now considered "cool" or part of this country's lexicon.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 9:38am   #36
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

Hmmmm....

Really makes you think....

Old 09-06-2017, 9:39am   #37
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

Left-wing scum in this country continue to wonder why suddenly a bunch of young, impressionable white males, whose economic and educational prospects and outcomes have been declining, whose culture and morals are under constant assault, and who are being bombarded with the simultaneous messages that (1) they have special privilege; (2) they are scum are responsible for all the world's ills because of their skin color; and (3) they have no right to speak, hold opinions, or express themselves and need to remain silent, are suddenly becoming very receptive to white nationalist rhetoric.

Gee, I wonder . . . .

And these retards label anyone who points this out, or who opposes the radical left's agenda AND the radical left's own violence and terror (Antifa, BLM) as a sympathizer to white nationalism and Nazism.

GMAFB.

If actual Nazis and white nationalists took over, they'd gas my wife and kids and probably publicly flay and hang me for being a "race traitor" so NO I don't exactly sympathize with the ideology and hope for them to usher in a 4th Reich.

But I'm not a moron so I can see what is happening and understand WHY there is a small in terms of % of the white male population, yet not insignificant, number of people who are falling in line with white nationalist ideology, since I myself am a white male and thus a target of everything they are being barraged with.

And who's to say it wouldn't work on me if I was younger, single, economically downtrodden, etc. When you have no hope and everyone around you is seemingly out to get you, you become desperate. And desperate people can become insanely LOYAL people to any person or idea that emerges from the darkness and offers understanding and support.

Put simply, this crap is the 100% predictable and avoidable consequence of the insane left-wing white guilt and white hate ideology that is more and more infecting the American left and finding legitimacy and support among the institutions of the left. It is an equal and opposite reaction to a counter force that is every bit as insane and horrible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2017, 10:02am   #38
Milton Fox
Barn Stall Owner #1953
NCM Supporter '11
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11047219

How many service men from WWI brought home wives from other countries?

How many service men from WWII brought home wives from other countries?

Korea?

Vietnam?

Dont think it is or every has happened in the Middle East wars.

But remember the immigrants who came to America as well.

Pretty sure everybody looked at those war time marriages as questionable and ill advised. I guess its a shame their grandchildren and children don't see it the same way anymore.

My Mother is from Mexico, but looks Oriental due to her pale skin. I remember seeing prejudice and hate from many older Americans towards my parents back then - because they thought she was a Korean war bride. As an adult I still have experienced this with others just looking at photos of them together.

I personally think that a black - white marriage creates very beautiful people.

(If you have to look at it as an issue think of it like the Vikings did. They impregnanted every viable female they could at the time to bring their cultural (and genes) into the lands they pilaged. It doenst get mentioned as much, but they also enslaved the pregant to raise their offspring as Vikings or justed killed them right then. Maybe those white men and women are just descendents of Vikings. )
Milton Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13am   #39
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,340 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
While I try my best to not watch commercials, it's somewhat unavoidable. I have noticed in the last year that in AT LEAST 50% of the commercials I see where a partnership or marriage is implicated, the couple is mixed race. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

I really don't care who marries whom (e.g. there are some Latina chicks whose bones I'd jump in a millisecond), but do we really have to try this hard? Since when is it a badge of shame to marry or co-habitate within your own race? It just seems all very contrived to me.

Discuss.

See how many are white males with a different race woman.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 2:13pm   #40
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Well, you shouldn't think about it nor should you care. Gays, Lesbians, TG or mixed race couples' impact on your life amounts to nothing. You may despise the whole idea of it and you're entitled to. But it doesn't impact you other than making you feel disgusted. Two gays one the cover of Time staring at you in the checkout of the grocery store shouldn't bother you one bit. So I'm compelled to ask; why does it?

Take the Jenner situation as an example. This passed from wanting to live your life as a woman long ago and has now turned into a publicity circus. Do I care what Jenner does? Nope. Is Jenner a hero? Not on your life. Is Jenner entitled to live Jenner's life as Jenner see's fit? Yup. Does Jenner have the right to stick it in our faces 24/7? Yes. If he would have simply gone on with his life after the change, I'd respect that. But he chose to turn it into a circus. So fuck him and his gnarly snatch.

Quote:
Actually you might. Because you're Thomas.

(pics of black chick?)
I wish. This was pre-cell phone era dating.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic