Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 79.1%

Thanked 7,701 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494
Default For sale... Forged 19/20 3 piece wheels w/PS2

My original ad:

Quote:
Please read the ENTIRE description.

For sale is a set of 360 Forged 19/20 3 piece Mesh 8 wheels in C5 offset.

The wheels and tires are about 2 years old but have been on the car for less than a month and about 300 miles total. The tread on the Michelin PS2s is as brand new.

Now, on to the bad. The car had a bit of an off road excursion and there is some damage. I will do my best to disclose every bit of it in this ad. If you have any questions or want to see additional pictures, I will gladly provide any additional information. Being that they are 3 piece wheels, they are easily repaired.

The damage is as follows. I am adding what I believe to be the required repairs for a PERFECT set of wheels. Some of the issues are small enough that you would never see them from 5 feet away.

Front 1 - The finish on the center is peeling in a few small areas. Chrome ring has some moderate pitting. Repair assessment: Refinish center and chrome ring.

R1 finish:

Front 2 - BARREL IS OUT OF ROUND. This is the only wheel with structural issues. It is easily replaced or could possibly be fixed by a wheel shop. Where the wheel hit, there is also some damage to the tire on the INSIDE (not visible when on the car). The damage is on the rim protection ridge section of the tire and should not affect tire structure, performance, or safety. Taking a hit is the reason Michelin tires have this extra ring of rubber in the first place. There is also minor pitting on the chrome ring (not a huge amount) Repair assessment: Replace barrel and refinish chrome ring.

R2 Tire and wheel damage:

Rear 1 - Minor paint chipping inside the lug holes. Repair assessment: Touch up chips.

Rear 2 - Minor damage to the INNER edge of the wheel (not visible on car). As with the front, there is slight tire damage on the rim protection ring and should not adversely affect tire performance or life. I do not believe this wheel to be bent at all. The rears remained on the car after the damage for a few days and there was no shake or vibration. Minor chipping inside lug holes. Repair assessment: Touch up chips.

Long story short, these wheels are not perfect and are priced as such. 360 Forged offers repairs and with some minimal work, you could have a great set of wheels and tires at a fraction of the cost of new.

New, these wheels retail for $5,980 plus an additional $1800 for the Michelins.

I'll take less than half of the cost of the wheels alone... $2,900

I would prefer a local pickup in either Louisville, KY (not far from Bowling Green) or Cincinnati, OH but will ship for the actual cost of shipping plus materials or can work something out to meet at a reasonable distance. (Wheels are currently in Louisville)
Some things have come up and I need these gone... NOW.

I'm cutting the price in half. $1450 + actual shipping. That is less than the cost of the tires by themselves. Buy the tires, get the wheels free!!

The parts to fix them to 100% perfect (listed above) cost $600 total from 360 Forged. It is not at all hard to rebuild a 3 piece wheel. For about $2,000 and some easy work, you can have a $7k wheel/tire combo...
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 9:46pm   #2
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 79.1%

Thanked 7,701 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Sold. That was quick.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C5 Corvette > C5 Classifieds