Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2020, 7:49am   #21
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

This is likely the OP source

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...t-hold-grudges

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 7:50am   #22
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 30.6%

Thanked 33,847 Times in 12,333 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
If that's your definition of racist, so be it.
whelp; you just did a CNN edit there. I never defined "racist"; I reported that this is how cultish politicals have defined it over the decades; eluding to the fact it won't be used in this instance.

look up "Introspection" in the dictionary.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 7:55am   #23
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 13,562 Times in 6,530 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
I would have preferred he went with Abrams.
I hope that is sarcasm or a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
That right there is why this country currently has snakes and crooks in office at all levels, state and fed.
Nobody votes who can do best, they vote for who they "like", or just vote against who they dont "like".
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 7:57am   #24
Lakota
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 2,920 Times in 592 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
That right there is why this country currently has snakes and crooks in office at all levels, state and fed.
Nobody votes who can do best, they vote for who they "like", or just vote against who they dont "like".
edited my post to make it more clear added

"I intensely dislike Pamela Harris but like 50% of people voting for Biden , it's not that you like or respect or Biden or his agenda but he is a vote against Trump. As Trump's last National Security Advisor for 18 months, John Bolton said, "this country can recover from one Trump term BUT not two".
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakota For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 7:59am   #25
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
He'll be in on the decision.
He ain't as stupid as the Rightards would have you believe.
He's been around the block and through many tough situations in his career.

TBH--Biden is not the right guy to lead our country at this time.
He's a career politician in the pocket of many Senators, Congressmen/women, and corporations.

Our federal gov. needs a complete overhaul, a "drain the swamp" (to coin a phrase).
Term limits.
Leaders under the age of 70 in congress, senate, and judiciary.

There are way too many chefs in the kitchen and nothing for the people is being cooked IMHO.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 8:08am   #26
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
whelp; you just did a CNN edit there. I never defined "racist"; I reported that this is how cultish politicals have defined it over the decades; eluding to the fact it won't be used in this instance.

look up "Introspection" in the dictionary.
Implication or introspection ?

Tomato tomatto
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 8:09am   #27
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
edited my post to make it more clear added

"I intensely dislike Pamela Harris but like 50% of people voting for Biden , it's not that you like or respect or Biden or his agenda but he is a vote against Trump."

Yeah, I get it now....speaking rhetorically.

And you are right...people will vote exactly like that....and it really dont matter the names or what they stand for; as long as it's against Dirty Don.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 8:46am   #28
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Michelle Obama.

Gets the vote. Puts the Obamas back in control.

She will be the first woman POTUS.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:03am   #29
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3335

It seems to me that Joe B just wants the title and the benefits of being president as opposed to actually having a humanitarian drive to better our country
thecornerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thecornerman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:17am   #30
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
so, picking a person solely due to their race has been called (in the past 50 years)... "racism".

I imagine CNN and MSNBC will have multi-hour programs for the next couple of months... with important looking people labeling Biden a racist.

No, no, no, no, no!!!! Trump is the racist!!! The DNC picking a black woman as VP, just because she's black is NOT racist!!! Only Trump is racist!!!

snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:28am   #31
Dan Dlabay
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.2%

Thanked 5,731 Times in 2,515 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $875210

TRUMP 2020
Dan Dlabay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dan Dlabay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:32am   #32
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,598 Times in 13,595 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
She's a hot, woman, honest lawyer.
Tough combo to find these days.
If that's your definition of racist, so be it.

Why do you feel so entitled Mike ?
Are you in the KKK or something similar ?
You sure post like it.
, ,
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 9:38am   #33
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
, ,
Show me a link that proves otherwise.
This post by you, however, has probably been one of the most intelligent that you have written in the past few months.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:43am   #34
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
This post by you, however, has probably been one of the most intelligent that you have written in the past few months.
So you agree with identity politics?
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 9:47am   #35
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,598 Times in 13,595 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:

She's a hot,
(not anymore)

woman,
Undisputed, as she's proven that to a few apparently.

honest lawyer,

As a prosecutor and California State Attorney General, Harris has engaged in blatantly unethical behavior for her profession and embraced positions that actively hurt her constituents. While this does not necessarily have to be a red line for everyone—and it certainly will not prevent me from voting for her should she win the Democratic nomination—our party should hold Harris’ feet to the fire here. Even more concerning than her past positions is that she refuses to own up to them, portraying herself as a long-time, progressive criminal justice reform activist.

I want to clarify that I have no inherent issues with a prosecutor being elected to the presidency. We need prosecutors; we need people who serve the public good rather than represent the interests of paying clients. However, if your job requires you to make decisions that could potentially ruin people’s lives, the ethical standards should be higher, not lower. If you, like Kamala Harris, decide you want to run for President of the United States, it becomes imperative that the public thoroughly and mercilessly scrutinizes every facet of your political career.

In 2015, law enforcement caught Robert Murray, a prosecutor in Kern County, committing one of the most egregious offenses a prosecutor could perpetrate. Specifically, he falsified a confession transcript that connected the defendant with a far worse crime than that with what he had actually been charged. When the defense demanded a copy of the original tape recording, Murray admitted to his crime but said that it was merely a harmless joke. The judge disagreed. He stated that the court refuses to tolerate such outrageous conduct and dismissed the indictment on the grounds of prosecutorial misconduct (Observer, “California Prosecutor Falsified Transcript of Confession,” 03.04.2015).

How does this incident involve Senator Harris? At the time, she was the Attorney General of California. In that capacity, she appealed the indictment. According to Sidney Powell of The Observer, this was the third time she had appealed a prosecutorial misconduct dismissal in less than three months. As of March 2015, Murray was still allowed to work as a prosecutor (Observer, “California Prosecutor Falsified Transcript of Confession,” 03.04.2015).

As Attorney General, Harris has a history of fighting to keep men she knew were innocent in prison and of hiding cases of significant illegal activity conducted by law enforcement. In 1999, Daniel Larsen was sentenced to 27 years to life in prison for possession of a concealed weapon. There had been nine witnesses who could testify that Larsen was not guilty, but the court called none of them at the trial because of his incompetent and now disbarred attorney. With the help of the Innocence Project, he was able to prove his innocence, and the court overturned his conviction in 2009.

How does this involve Senator Harris? She challenged his release not because she believed he was guilty—she did not dispute his innocence—but because he hadn’t presented proof of his innocence quickly enough. And so, she fought to keep a man she definitely knew was innocent behind bars for life (NBCLosAngeles, “After 13 Years in Prison, Man Found Innocent of Crime Freed,” 3.20.2013).

In another incident, law enforcement discovered that Deborah Madden had purposely sabotaged the drug results of multiple cases as a technician at a San Francisco crime lab. But even though the highest levels of the district attorney’s office knew about Madden’s unreliability as a drug expert, Kamala Harris and her office hid this information from defense attorneys. Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo ultimately ruled that Harris’ office had violated defendants’ rights through this act of prosecutorial misconduct, calling into question the convictions of nearly 40 defendants (SFGate, “Judge rips Harris’ office for hiding problems,” 05.21.2010).

However, perhaps Harris’ most egregious example of immoral conduct happened in 2014. A federal judge ordered that all non-violent second-strike offenders be eligible for parole in California in an action against constitutional prison crowding. Kamala Harris, then the Attorney General of California, disagreed with the decision. She argued in court that by releasing these inmates early, prisons would lose “an important labor pool” (Los Angeles Times, “Federal judges order California to expand prison releases,” 11.14.2014). Despite pitching herself as a lifelong champion for criminal justice reform, Harris had advocated that the need to keep nonviolent offenders as slaves outweighs their constitutional rights. How would the Democratic Party call itself progressive if members threw their support behind someone with such an atrocious record on civil rights issues?

Even worse, Harris has yet to apologize for her actions and in fact has refused to even acknowledge them (Reason.com, “Kamala Harris Hopes You’ll Forget Her Record as a Drug Warrior and Draconian Prosecutor,” 01.31.2019). At a town hall, she responded to a question calling her out on her past actions by answering “I’ve been consistent my whole career,” and then explained how the record supports her claim that she has been progressive on prison reform (CNN Twitter, “I’ve been consistent my whole career,” 01.28.2019).

I won’t delve into her argument because, in my view, it’s irrelevant. When you actively cover up police misconduct, try to keep a man who you know is innocent in prison and refuse to release nonviolent offenders because you need their involuntary labor, you don’t get to reframe your narrative.

Kamala Harris is not owed an audience. She is not entitled to one simply because she wants to be president. We should not give her the benefit of the doubt, because she refuses to even acknowledge her wrongdoings. We don’t have the right to forgive her; that right belongs to all the people she’s wronged over the course of her long career.

For that reason, I ask you not to vote for Kamala Harris in the primary, no matter how attractive a candidate she is or how well she explains away her inconsistent career. It’s possible that her past really won’t have much of an impact on how she’ll be as president, but why should we wait and see? The best-case scenario is that she’s a progressive who repeatedly violated her own principles so that she could promote her career. In the worst-case scenario, she’s just another corrupt, rotten, regressive prosecutor.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 9:51am   #36
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 50.4%

Thanked 18,521 Times in 8,172 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
*link

She's hawt

Kamala Harris - Wikipedia
Kamala Harris > Katie Porter > Iron Maiden > Regular Old Porter
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 9:55am   #37
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 30.6%

Thanked 33,847 Times in 12,333 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

so, a candidate picks their VP by requiring the choices be:
* a specific sex
* a specific ethnicity

up until mid 2020... this was called being a sexist and a racist. I guess it's OK now?
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 9:55am   #38
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
She's a hot,
(not anymore)

woman,
Undisputed, as she's proven that to a few apparently.

honest lawyer,

As a prosecutor and California State Attorney General, Harris has engaged in blatantly unethical behavior for her profession and embraced positions that actively hurt her constituents. While this does not necessarily have to be a red line for everyone—and it certainly will not prevent me from voting for her should she win the Democratic nomination—our party should hold Harris’ feet to the fire here. Even more concerning than her past positions is that she refuses to own up to them, portraying herself as a long-time, progressive criminal justice reform activist.

I want to clarify that I have no inherent issues with a prosecutor being elected to the presidency. We need prosecutors; we need people who serve the public good rather than represent the interests of paying clients. However, if your job requires you to make decisions that could potentially ruin people’s lives, the ethical standards should be higher, not lower. If you, like Kamala Harris, decide you want to run for President of the United States, it becomes imperative that the public thoroughly and mercilessly scrutinizes every facet of your political career.

In 2015, law enforcement caught Robert Murray, a prosecutor in Kern County, committing one of the most egregious offenses a prosecutor could perpetrate. Specifically, he falsified a confession transcript that connected the defendant with a far worse crime than that with what he had actually been charged. When the defense demanded a copy of the original tape recording, Murray admitted to his crime but said that it was merely a harmless joke. The judge disagreed. He stated that the court refuses to tolerate such outrageous conduct and dismissed the indictment on the grounds of prosecutorial misconduct (Observer, “California Prosecutor Falsified Transcript of Confession,” 03.04.2015).

How does this incident involve Senator Harris? At the time, she was the Attorney General of California. In that capacity, she appealed the indictment. According to Sidney Powell of The Observer, this was the third time she had appealed a prosecutorial misconduct dismissal in less than three months. As of March 2015, Murray was still allowed to work as a prosecutor (Observer, “California Prosecutor Falsified Transcript of Confession,” 03.04.2015).

As Attorney General, Harris has a history of fighting to keep men she knew were innocent in prison and of hiding cases of significant illegal activity conducted by law enforcement. In 1999, Daniel Larsen was sentenced to 27 years to life in prison for possession of a concealed weapon. There had been nine witnesses who could testify that Larsen was not guilty, but the court called none of them at the trial because of his incompetent and now disbarred attorney. With the help of the Innocence Project, he was able to prove his innocence, and the court overturned his conviction in 2009.

How does this involve Senator Harris? She challenged his release not because she believed he was guilty—she did not dispute his innocence—but because he hadn’t presented proof of his innocence quickly enough. And so, she fought to keep a man she definitely knew was innocent behind bars for life (NBCLosAngeles, “After 13 Years in Prison, Man Found Innocent of Crime Freed,” 3.20.2013).

In another incident, law enforcement discovered that Deborah Madden had purposely sabotaged the drug results of multiple cases as a technician at a San Francisco crime lab. But even though the highest levels of the district attorney’s office knew about Madden’s unreliability as a drug expert, Kamala Harris and her office hid this information from defense attorneys. Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo ultimately ruled that Harris’ office had violated defendants’ rights through this act of prosecutorial misconduct, calling into question the convictions of nearly 40 defendants (SFGate, “Judge rips Harris’ office for hiding problems,” 05.21.2010).

However, perhaps Harris’ most egregious example of immoral conduct happened in 2014. A federal judge ordered that all non-violent second-strike offenders be eligible for parole in California in an action against constitutional prison crowding. Kamala Harris, then the Attorney General of California, disagreed with the decision. She argued in court that by releasing these inmates early, prisons would lose “an important labor pool” (Los Angeles Times, “Federal judges order California to expand prison releases,” 11.14.2014). Despite pitching herself as a lifelong champion for criminal justice reform, Harris had advocated that the need to keep nonviolent offenders as slaves outweighs their constitutional rights. How would the Democratic Party call itself progressive if members threw their support behind someone with such an atrocious record on civil rights issues?

Even worse, Harris has yet to apologize for her actions and in fact has refused to even acknowledge them (Reason.com, “Kamala Harris Hopes You’ll Forget Her Record as a Drug Warrior and Draconian Prosecutor,” 01.31.2019). At a town hall, she responded to a question calling her out on her past actions by answering “I’ve been consistent my whole career,” and then explained how the record supports her claim that she has been progressive on prison reform (CNN Twitter, “I’ve been consistent my whole career,” 01.28.2019).

I won’t delve into her argument because, in my view, it’s irrelevant. When you actively cover up police misconduct, try to keep a man who you know is innocent in prison and refuse to release nonviolent offenders because you need their involuntary labor, you don’t get to reframe your narrative.

Kamala Harris is not owed an audience. She is not entitled to one simply because she wants to be president. We should not give her the benefit of the doubt, because she refuses to even acknowledge her wrongdoings. We don’t have the right to forgive her; that right belongs to all the people she’s wronged over the course of her long career.

For that reason, I ask you not to vote for Kamala Harris in the primary, no matter how attractive a candidate she is or how well she explains away her inconsistent career. It’s possible that her past really won’t have much of an impact on how she’ll be as president, but why should we wait and see? The best-case scenario is that she’s a progressive who repeatedly violated her own principles so that she could promote her career. In the worst-case scenario, she’s just another corrupt, rotten, regressive prosecutor.
Pretty weak imo.
Who wrote that?
The devil is in the details and I'm sure that you would agree with one or two of the things that she allegedly did there.

btw.... that's not a link
Old 07-29-2020, 9:56am   #39
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Kamala Harris > Katie Porter > Iron Maiden > Regular Old Porter

This place is nuts !!

> Iron Maiden ???
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 10:00am   #40
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 91.4%

Thanked 41,260 Times in 17,155 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

I always liked Kamala. I don't see what the issue is here.

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic