Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2023, 7:31pm   #321
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.7%

Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,717 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Wonder how many get it.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taurus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2023, 11:10pm   #322
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,790 Times in 4,049 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Wonder how many get it.
I don't.

And I know Billy Badgie doesn't -- he's only 4 years old.
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:27am   #323
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner
Activity: 46.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
I don't.

You think 4 year olds post here? Really?
TheRealBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:58am   #324
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,448 Times in 17,244 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Hey, here's Alvin Bragg himself, as a candidate, promising to "get Trump" if elected. It was a fundamental campaign plank.

https://nationalfile.com/alvin-bragg...dio-interview/

Quote:
Alvin Bragg Campaigned On Going After ‘Rich Old White Man’ Donald Trump In Disturbing Radio Interview
Startling comments from a radio interview when Bragg was a candidate

by Patrick Howley
March 26, 2023

Current Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg bragged in a radio interview in 2021 that he was qualified to prosecute President Donald Trump. In an interview with Ebro in the Morning, a Hot 97 radio show in New York City, then-candidate Alvin Bragg accused Trump of “lawlessness,” brought up multiple ways to potentially prosecute Trump, and said that Trump has dodged prosecution due to being a “rich old white man.” Bragg told the Ebro gang that he believed “there’s a path forward there to make a case.” Bragg’s campaign was heavily financed by progressive billionaire George Soros.

Host Ebro asked, “One of the things leading into this vote for the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, I know a lot of people are wondering, whoever has this job, are they going to convict Donald Trump?”

Alvin Bragg replied: “Look, that is the number one issue we know he’s investigating. And what I’ll say is, I’m the only, I was the first to announce against Cy Vance. I too have a lot of issues which is why I decided to run. I’m the candidate in the race who has the experience with Donald Trump.
I was the chief deputy in the attorney general’s office. We sued the Trump administration over 100 times. For the Muslim travel ban, for family separation at the border, for shenanigans with the Census. So, I know how to litigate with him. I also led the team that did the Trump Foundation case. So, I’m ready to go wherever the facts take me, and to inherit that case, and I think, you know, I’d be hard to argue with the fact that that’s, that would be the most important, most high-profile case, and I’ve seen him up front, and seen the lawlessness that he can do.”

Asked if he believes the case should happen, Alvin Bragg replied, “I believe we have to hold him accountable. I haven’t seen all the facts beyond the public but I’ve litigated with him and so I’m prepared to go where the facts take me once I see them, and hold him accountable.”

The host Ebro later pressed him on Trump, with Ebro saying “as a voter and as a taxpayer, all I know is, some of the things that I’ve seen would have put me in jail. So, how is it not going to put someone at his level in jail. Now I know the answer is, he’s an old white man and he’s got a lot of money. And he was just coming out of the office of president. But that doesn’t sit well with me as a citizen of the United States and a resident of, you know, this area.”

Alvin Bragged replied: No doubt. You’re right. So, I’m being careful not so much because I’m running for office but because every case does have to be judged on its facts and I don’t know all the facts. Right? And so I’ve been doing it for 20-plus years and so I want to be fair. But with that said, there is a lot that’s out there publicly, uh, I look at what the attorney general’s looking at as a civil case, which could become a criminal case at the Manhattan DA’s office. Where on the one hand he’s saying, hey look, you know, this piece of land is worth a dollar when I want to go pay taxes, taxes on it, when I want to go get a loan, all of a sudden it’s worth a million. Right? That….And so what I’m saying, that’s why I’m focusing on that, that kind of conduct right there could definitely be the basis for a case. You know, I’ve done a mortgage fraud case. I’ve gone to trial. I’ve done a tax fraud case. That kind of conduct right there is deeply troubling and that’s what I’m thinking about when I say, you know, holding him accountable. So, yeah, there, you are right, we’ve got two standards of justice. You know, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein. Being a rich old white man has allowed you to (NOTE: Bragg apparently either says “fade” or “evade”) accountability in Manhattan. That includes Trump and his children. They were engaged in fraud in a SoHo real estate deal, his children.”

Bragg explained that he was being careful so the “Trump Team” could not try to force him to recuse himself for pre-judging “the facts.” Nevertheless, Bragg stated that “There’s a lot out there in the public domain that is so troubling. And I say that not just as someone who’s watching it, but as someone who’s done these kind of cases. Someone who’s litigated with Donald Trump about fraud and by the way and won. Right? We held him accountable on the Trump Foundation case. My office did the Trump University case. So I’ve seen a pattern of lawlessness over 20 years, and so I’m inclined to believe all I see in the public domain, uh, and know that there’s uh, and believe that there’s a path forward there to make a case.” (WATCH ALVIN BRAGG DISCUSS DONALD TRUMP IN THE FIRST SIX MINUTES OF THIS VIDEO BELOW)
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:12pm   #325
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,448 Times in 17,244 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
I don't.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062589/
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 1:07pm   #326
gs568
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,180 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Hey, here's Alvin Bragg himself, as a candidate, promising to "get Trump" if elected. It was a fundamental campaign plank.

https://nationalfile.com/alvin-bragg...dio-interview/
Saw that. Just another corrupt politician like Pelosi, Romney and on and on. You have to be a moron to support our career politicians.
gs568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 3:06pm   #327
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 19.1%

Thanked 33,867 Times in 12,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Mike Mercury is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post: