Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2014, 5:39pm   #1
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269
Activity: 0%

Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,444 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $232471
Default 10 things that turn women off from men.....

I have no idea where 7 and 8 are typical AOL contributors...

Have you considered turn-offs for women? Or do you tend to instantly like or dislike a man without knowing why? There was a time when women were predominately concerned with making themselves more appealing to the opposite sex. But now that many women prefer to choose instead of being chosen, their preferences demand attention. Here are 10 turn-offs for women of all ages and stages of their relationships.

1. Being Ignored
Being ignored is one of the main things that turn women off. From the first day of a relationship until death, most women expect their partners to be attentive. Most women judge how important they are to their partner, by how much attention they receive when expressing their concerns and opinions or when asking for advice.

When men act as though other things are more important or more interesting, or when they casually dismiss something that is important to a woman, they are setting the tone for a rocky, if not short, relationship. And when men engage in the common ploy of showing interest during the beginning stages of a relationship and allowing it to dwindle as the relationship progresses, they usually find that the woman’s attraction for him takes a similar dive.

2. The Wannabe Big Shot
Women are appalled by men who talk a big game knowing they do not have the means to follow through. Almost every woman has encountered the guy standing at the bar, bragging intentionally-loud so that everyone can hear him. Or even worse, the guy who picks you up in a rented BMW, pretending he is the owner.

Men often convince themselves that all women are after the guys with the biggest and the best of everything. This becomes a motive for those men to paint colorful and fictitious pictures of themselves. But in reality, women find this behavior disgusting, so instead of making themselves attractive, these guys become female turn-offs.

3. Self-Admiration
Some women get dinner and a movie. Other women get dinner and an earful of self-admiration when they go out on a date with a guy. Men who waste women’s time by inviting them on dates so they can spend the evening glorifying themselves are truly a bore.A woman sitting across the table listening to her date gab about his university GPA, his honors, the sports he played, his stellar performance at work, and his new investment ideas is usually not impressed. She is probably bored to death and hoping never to be sentenced to another date with him.

4. Preoccupation with Sex
Whether it is a first date or a 10-year marriage, women do not want to feel as though sex is all that men want from them.

During the beginning of relationships, most women do not want to hear sexually explicit stories or comments and they do not care to discuss their past performances. This proves true even when women are dressed seductively and, ironically, even if they have had or are willing to have a one-night stand.

In long-term relationships, women don’t want men’s interest to be switched on when they are sexually aroused and switched off after intimacy occurs. Most women want to be caressed, fondled, complimented and otherwise shown affection and intimacy, even when their partners are not seeking sexual gratification.

5. Chauvinism
Despite what women accomplish and contribute to society, there are still men who act as if they are the superior sex. These men have many ways of displaying their attitude. Some, for example, have a belittling title for every woman. The cashier is little lady. The waitress is darling. And the bartender is sweet cheeks.

Other men belittle women’s efforts to perform what they believe to be male tasks. For example, a man may say “this little lady cop pulled me over and had the nerve to write me a ticket.” Whatever the chauvinist behavior, it never fails to be a turn-off for women.

6. Expecting the Woman to Take Care of the Kids
Some men have the misconception that motherhood is something that comes naturally and that women want to devote their lives to child-rearing. On the contrary, many women are as focused on their goals, careers, and social lives as men and they prefer to share family responsibilities.

These women do not want to be left home feeding babies and changing diapers while their partners maintain their normal business and social lives. This is one of the female turn-offs that takes a serious toll on a relationship.

9. Poor Grooming Habits
The appeal of sweaty athletes or grungy musicians proves the magic of television and glossy magazines. In real life, women are not generally attracted to wet bodies or the odors that accompany them. A jogger who runs into the convenience store for a sports drink and expects to get your phone number will probably get disappointed instead.

Beyond basic hygiene, many women are calling for more. Recently a radio talk show’s topic was the double standard of appearance.

Most women who called in expressed displeasure and frustration at the fact that men want sleek, gorgeous women, yet they do not take care of themselves. Generally, men with pot bellies, dirty fingernails, and disheveled hair are turn-offs for women.

10. Bad Pick-Up Lines
A sense of humor can be a great thing— when a guy is actually funny. A good pickup line will leave a woman with a lasting impression. But more often, women are exposed to guys who try so hard that they are female turn-offs.

With many women, it is a one-shot deal. Lame pickup lines or bad jokes will erase any opportunity a man may have of getting a date. Other women may let a few bad jokes slide, but when men continue, a woman’s interest tends to diminish.

If your relationship is suffering and you don’t know why, consider these female turn-offs. If your partner is guilty of any of the above-mentioned turn-offs for women and you don’t know how to confront him, perhaps you should leave this article where he will see it.

Are You Just Not That Into Him?
You've likely heard of the book titled He's Just Not That Into You, but how are you feeling? Are you not that into him either? Many people stay in relationships because they are convenient or comfortable. Others don't even realize that they aren't all that into each other. Some men are just meant to be friends. Do you know the difference?
NCC-1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 6:02pm   #2
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 7,179 Times in 3,520 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $43590365

#11, acting as forum moderator when you are a lowly drama queen that has sand in your vag.
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2014, 6:04pm   #3
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post
#11, acting as forum moderator when you are a lowly drama queen that has sand in your vag.
This thread has now deviated from its original course. It now belongs in the Mod's Corner subforum.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 6:22pm   #4
benny42
That One Guy
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2192

benny42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 6:24pm   #5
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Women like men who are handsome, witty, have money...and who are dangerous. End of story.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 6:51pm   #6
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10432620

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
Women like men who are handsome, witty, have money...and who are dangerous. End of story.
Not necessarily. Handsome is subjective. What I find handsome now is not what I would have been attracted to 10 years ago. Also, an extremely handsome man can turn ugly the more you get to know him. Case in point: my ex-husband.

Witty, yes!

Have money, truth is it doesn't hurt, but some guys think that having money gives them a free pass to be an azz.

Dangerous? It's fun for a short while but stability is more attractive.

Just my 2-cents, ymmv.
Barn Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barn Babe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2014, 7:15pm   #7
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Babe View Post
Not necessarily. Handsome is subjective. What I find handsome now is not what I would have been attracted to 10 years ago. Also, an extremely handsome man can turn ugly the more you get to know him. Case in point: my ex-husband.

Witty, yes!

Have money, truth is it doesn't hurt, but some guys think that having money gives them a free pass to be an azz.

Dangerous? It's fun for a short while but stability is more attractive.

Just my 2-cents, ymmv.
I was being only slightly facetious. What I descrbed is what most women think they want, and most are definitely attracted to such men. A lot of women like "bad boys", for example. It would seem like after the third call to the police to come to the trailer park they'd learn.

Women can be as shallow as men. When I was young, single, and on the prowl, my only pick-up line at a bar was, "I'm Larry. I'm a lawyer. that's my Jaguar outside, and I have lots of money. May I sit down?". I was almost never refused.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 9:01pm   #8
1911fool
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5315788

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad.....
1911fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:27pm   #9
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,584 Times in 13,585 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Awfully needy if you ask me.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 1:57pm   #10
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10432620

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Awfully needy if you ask me.
No argument from me.
Barn Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barn Babe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2014, 1:59pm   #11
8Up
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,268 Times in 651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11051621

So all that 'be yourself' stuff is just crap? What if your 'self' is a dick? lots of dicks get women.
8Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 2:05pm   #12
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452

onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onedef92 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2014, 2:12pm   #13
Madmikeee
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $104007

Love number one

Ended a relationship I was in REALLY fast due to the lack of tolerance to her bullshit.

Probably when she said something like "You know you never listen to me, these things are important to me!" I responded " yeah too bad I lost all concern for that shit back in middle school"

She left soon after...dunno why?
Madmikeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 2:41pm   #14
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
I have no idea where 7 and 8 are typical AOL contributors...

Have you considered turn-offs for women? Or do you tend to instantly like or dislike a man without knowing why? There was a time when women were predominately concerned with making themselves more appealing to the opposite sex. But now that many women prefer to choose instead of being chosen, their preferences demand attention. Here are 10 turn-offs for women of all ages and stages of their relationships.

1. Being Ignored
Being ignored is one of the main things that turn women off. From the first day of a relationship until death, most women expect their partners to be attentive. Most women judge how important they are to their partner, by how much attention they receive when expressing their concerns and opinions or when asking for advice.

If I ignore you it means one of two things.. In felt snobbed by you for a moment so you can not have any of my attention from now on... or you are not worthy of my appreciation.. bye!

When men act as though other things are more important or more interesting, or when they casually dismiss something that is important to a woman, they are setting the tone for a rocky, if not short, relationship. And when men engage in the common ploy of showing interest during the beginning stages of a relationship and allowing it to dwindle as the relationship progresses, they usually find that the woman’s attraction for him takes a similar dive.

Typical woman question.. 5 questions in one while most are statements, not questions... NEXT!

2. The Wannabe Big Shot
Women are appalled by men who talk a big game knowing they do not have the means to follow through. Almost every woman has encountered the guy standing at the bar, bragging intentionally-loud so that everyone can hear him. Or even worse, the guy who picks you up in a rented BMW, pretending he is the owner.

I drive a Chevy Pickup Truck, just get in the back and shut up!

Men often convince themselves that all women are after the guys with the biggest and the best of everything. This becomes a motive for those men to paint colorful and fictitious pictures of themselves. But in reality, women find this behavior disgusting, so instead of making themselves attractive, these guys become female turn-offs

I agree.. I'm broke.. can you pay for the hotel?

3. Self-Admiration
Some women get dinner and a movie. Other women get dinner and an earful of self-admiration when they go out on a date with a guy. Men who waste women’s time by inviting them on dates so they can spend the evening glorifying themselves are truly a bore.A woman sitting across the table listening to her date gab about his university GPA, his honors, the sports he played, his stellar performance at work, and his new investment ideas is usually not impressed. She is probably bored to death and hoping never to be sentenced to another date with him.

I had a girlfriend years ago that I would meet every Wednesday night for dinner and drinks.. after a few weeks she said she felt like she was prostituting herself for dinners and drinks....

I told her if it made her feel better we could skip dinner...

4. Preoccupation with Sex
Whether it is a first date or a 10-year marriage, women do not want to feel as though sex is all that men want from them.

I agree.. just go to sleep and forget it...

During the beginning of relationships, most women do not want to hear sexually explicit stories or comments and they do not care to discuss their past performances. This proves true even when women are dressed seductively and, ironically, even if they have had or are willing to have a one-night stand.

In long-term relationships, women don’t want men’s interest to be switched on when they are sexually aroused and switched off after intimacy occurs. Most women want to be caressed, fondled, complimented and otherwise shown affection and intimacy, even when their partners are not seeking sexual gratification.

Do what?

5. Chauvinism
Despite what women accomplish and contribute to society, there are still men who act as if they are the superior sex. These men have many ways of displaying their attitude. Some, for example, have a belittling title for every woman. The cashier is little lady. The waitress is darling. And the bartender is sweet cheeks.

Are you stupid? you own sex! without you girls we would be wackin off like monkeys

Other men belittle women’s efforts to perform what they believe to be male tasks. For example, a man may say “this little lady cop pulled me over and had the nerve to write me a ticket.” Whatever the chauvinist behavior, it never fails to be a turn-off for women.

She can whip me, cuff me make me write bad checks.. feel better now?

6. Expecting the Woman to Take Care of the Kids
Some men have the misconception that motherhood is something that comes naturally and that women want to devote their lives to child-rearing. On the contrary, many women are as focused on their goals, careers, and social lives as men and they prefer to share family responsibilities.

Let me get this right.. the baby can suck on my tit that makes no milk as long as you get a break from what is supposed to be your job in the first place...

These women do not want to be left home feeding babies and changing diapers while their partners maintain their normal business and social lives. This is one of the female turn-offs that takes a serious toll on a relationship.

No problem, you get a job and support us.. I will take care of the kids...

9. Poor Grooming Habits
The appeal of sweaty athletes or grungy musicians proves the magic of television and glossy magazines. In real life, women are not generally attracted to wet bodies or the odors that accompany them. A jogger who runs into the convenience store for a sports drink and expects to get your phone number will probably get disappointed instead.

Beyond basic hygiene, many women are calling for more. Recently a radio talk show’s topic was the double standard of appearance.

Most women who called in expressed displeasure and frustration at the fact that men want sleek, gorgeous women, yet they do not take care of themselves. Generally, men with pot bellies, dirty fingernails, and disheveled hair are turn-offs for women.

Yeah? then go suck your own dicks if it makes you feel better...

10. Bad Pick-Up Lines
A sense of humor can be a great thing— when a guy is actually funny. A good pickup line will leave a woman with a lasting impression. But more often, women are exposed to guys who try so hard that they are female turn-offs.

With many women, it is a one-shot deal. Lame pickup lines or bad jokes will erase any opportunity a man may have of getting a date. Other women may let a few bad jokes slide, but when men continue, a woman’s interest tends to diminish.

Some girls actually do not get the basic fact that a lot of us do not give a chit if you like us or not...

If your relationship is suffering and you don’t know why, consider these female turn-offs. If your partner is guilty of any of the above-mentioned turn-offs for women and you don’t know how to confront him, perhaps you should leave this article where he will see it.

Are You Just Not That Into Him?
You've likely heard of the book titled He's Just Not That Into You, but how are you feeling? Are you not that into him either? Many people stay in relationships because they are convenient or comfortable. Others don't even realize that they aren't all that into each other. Some men are just meant to be friends. Do you know the difference?
He's Just Not That Into You, (have not read it but bet I could have been a contributor.. )
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 3:49pm   #15
NeedSpeed
A Real Barner

Thanked 5,579 Times in 2,856 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1553643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Where are #7 and #8?
They are super secret and only known to women. If a man were to read the words, he'd melt and be sucked up with a tampon and flushed from this world.

Did you really think you could learn all the secrets here?
NeedSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 9:10pm   #16
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

See what happens when you let women out of the kitchen....they write silly shit like this.

OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:14pm   #17
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,584 Times in 13,585 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Turn offs for men by women....

1. Ugly - Don't be. This applies to the physical as well as ugliness of personality

2. Fat - Don't be. That's our job.

3. Bitchy - Don't be... PERIOD

4. Lazy - Don't be. We like when you do some bedwork too.

That took far less space and far less explanation. I love being a guy...so simple.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic