Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2024, 3:15pm   #81
ft laud mike
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $934310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Of course, many are doing worse. I’ve never suggested otherwise. But some are doing better and it is wrong to judge based on skin color. Discriminating is OK in my opinion., though.

I believe the government is the root problem, welfare specifically and I think the evidence proves that.
I will agree wholeheartedly when the "good" blacks start denouncing the scum, I don\t see that. I see deflection, cover and excuses
**** all of them until they can corral their people, I am specifically speaking of blacks in America, not Africans who for the most part a disgusted by the actions of the feral democrat pets
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 5:55pm   #82
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,657 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
This is too funny. You are so fkng clueless.

Step in to an all black club and ask "Wussup my nigga?" and see how many think you are part of "their people".

Of COURSE you are not part of their circle and they are not part of mine and that's how the world turns. You COMPLETELY, 100%, and without exception, MISSED the point. If blacks don't like the crime in THEIR neighborhood, THEY need to do something about it. If they want me to, Put me in charge and I'll be more than happy, but shit would get real in a hurry. If I am in charge, I have a very strict ZERO tolerance policy.
OK.

Edit: FTR, you didn’t specify “neighborhood” in your previous b.s., you said blacks, in general. I live in a neighborhood of military, active and retired. My immediate neighbors are black and we get along very well. They are not responsible for the knuckleheads in Miami or elsewhere.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 6:04pm   #83
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft laud mike View Post
I will agree wholeheartedly when the "good" blacks start denouncing the scum, I don\t see that. I see deflection, cover and excuses
**** all of them until they can corral their people, I am specifically speaking of blacks in America, not Africans who for the most part a disgusted by the actions of the feral democrat pets
WTF? Are you out denouncing bad white people? I’m not talking about on here but out doing what you think black people should be doing?

There are black people on the web and in the media, speaking up. But probably not devoting their lives to appeasing crazy white people that believe they are responsible for all blacks.

Do you know who Thomas Sowell is? How about the Hodge twins or Candice Owens? When you reach their level of denouncement of the current b.s., you’ll have my attention.
Old 03-12-2024, 8:51pm   #84
Newby
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000702

Quote:
Business is down 80%

Mitch Novick, the owner of the Sherbrooke Hotel, said the city seems safer.
“The streets are depleted,” he said.
The city will close nine of its parking garages and all of the city’s parking lots beginning Thursday morning through Monday morning for the next two weekends
Between Thursday and Sunday, parking fees have tripled and public garages remained closed. The city plans to repeat these measures next weekend as well.
The city will close nine of its parking garages and all of the city’s parking lots beginning Thursday morning through Monday morning for the next two weekends

"It's an extreme example of trying to price people out of a market — what behavioral economists might call friction," said David Neal, founder of Catalyst Behavioral Sciences in Miami.

There are exemptions. According to the City of Miami Beach, residents and employees of nearby businesses will still be able to use the closed parking garages using 'proper identification.' The garages and lots will be open for the last two weekends in March but charge a flat $30. It's usually $2 an hour. And getting towed in South Beach for nonresidents will cost more than $500.
They will just go elsewhere, hope it's not here.
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 7:29am   #85
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Do you know who Thomas Sowell is? How about the Hodge twins or Candice Owens? When you reach their level of denouncement of the current b.s., you’ll have my attention.
All four of those people are black. Candace Owens says things about "the black community" and people listen to her BECAUSE she is black. If I went public and said the same things, I would be treated as a vile, black-hating racist.

This is more or less Aero's point, there are things blacks can do to improve the "black experience in America" that whites simply can't.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 8:06am   #86
zsr22
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
All four of those people are black. Candace Owens says things about "the black community" and people listen to her BECAUSE she is black. If I went public and said the same things, I would be treated as a vile, black-hating racist.

This is more or less Aero's point, there are things blacks can do to improve the "black experience in America" that whites simply can't.

Not only that but the good black people Dan mentions having experience with more than likely voted for, and will continue to support, the same political leaders perpetuating the problems that plague the black community.

zsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zsr22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 9:35am   #87
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,685 Times in 13,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
OK.

Edit: FTR, you didn’t specify “neighborhood” in your previous b.s., you said blacks, in general. I live in a neighborhood of military, active and retired. My immediate neighbors are black and we get along very well. They are not responsible for the knuckleheads in Miami or elsewhere.
Still not getting it. Just give up.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:52am   #88
LATB
A Real Barner

Thanked 23,458 Times in 10,617 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsr22 View Post
Not only that but the good black people Dan mentions having experience with more than likely voted for, and will continue to support, the same political leaders perpetuating the problems that plague the black community.

[LBJ] we will have those niggers voting democrat for a generation [LBJ]
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 11:09am   #89
vettemed
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
[LBJ] we will have those niggers voting democrat for a generation [LBJ]
wasn't it 100 or 200 years or something?
vettemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 11:26am   #90
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 33,685 Times in 13,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
WTF? Are you out denouncing bad white people? I’m not talking about on here but out doing what you think black people should be doing?

There are black people on the web and in the media, speaking up. But probably not devoting their lives to appeasing crazy white people that believe they are responsible for all blacks.

Let me try to take another stab at getting you up to speed. If my neighbor three houses down is a KKK member and has rallies at his house, you're damn right I'm going to do what I can to run him off or shut it down. Might be covert, might be overt, but I'm not looking the other way. Same for a crack house.

Are you seeing any light here? Any notion of the message I am trying to convey? Does that make me responsible for every KKK house or every crack house? NO. I am telling you blacks in the hood don't think this way. BLM burning stores aren't the bad guy, crack dealer Demetrius isn't the bad guy. Somehow whitey and the Po-Po are the bad guys.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 11:34am   #91
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 12.2%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,204 Times in 4,373 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

If the flyer has HBCU's anywhere on it. Run like hell.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:25pm   #92
LATB
A Real Barner

Thanked 23,458 Times in 10,617 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemed View Post
wasn't it 100 or 200 years or something?
I believe you are correct. 200 years.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:57pm   #93
ft laud mike
A Real Barner

Quote:

Yes, when I see news where some criminal is killed or arrested for their crime I am glad, I don't start talking about how he was turning his life around, I don't wonder what they looked like in their elementary picture.
Where are these "black people speaking up"? where? I have seen the people you mentioned so 4 black Americans ....out of 13% of the entire population population.
nice appempt, but 99% of black Americans will side based upon race.
Old 03-13-2024, 1:00pm   #94
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 77.7%

Thanked 10,787 Times in 3,959 Posts

Quote:

Not necessarily. I play golf with a couple of black guys. Good human beings, family men, both have professional jobs and live in the suburbs raising their kids. They have decent game too. Both are Trump supporters. I'd put them in their late 50's - early 60's.
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 2:20pm   #95
zsr22
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Not necessarily. I play golf with a couple of black guys. Good human beings, family men, both have professional jobs and live in the suburbs raising their kids. They have decent game too. Both are Trump supporters. I'd put them in their late 50's - early 60's.

No doubt there are black Trump supporters. But a majority of the law-abiding good ones not only don't speak out against the problematic ones, but they still pull the lever for the Democrats in every election. If you enable the enablers, then you're at fault too.
zsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zsr22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 2:37pm   #96
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,406 Times in 1,865 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
I too have/had a few very decent black friends. Do to normal health reasons most are no longer with us.

Unfortunately good blacks many times consider themselves as a minority of a minority. This statement came out of discussions only very good friends can have.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 8:56pm   #97
ft laud mike
A Real Barner

Quote:
No doubt there are black Trump supporters. But a majority of the law-abiding good ones not only don't speak out against the problematic ones, but they still pull the lever for the Democrats in every election. If you enable the enablers, then you're at fault too.
exactly what i was saying
Old 03-13-2024, 9:36pm   #98
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Ok but there isn’t a requirement to do so because someone is black. And even if all the “good black people” mentioned how “the black community” could improve, it would never approach the leverage “free government money” exerts.

The problem isn’t “the black community”, it’s “the welfare community”. We’ve had over 60 years, nearly three generations, of government replacing natural selection. No shit things are getting worse.
Old 03-13-2024, 9:42pm   #99
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft laud mike View Post
Yes, when I see news where some criminal is killed or arrested for their crime I am glad, I don't start talking about how he was turning his life around, I don't wonder what they looked like in their elementary picture.
Where are these "black people speaking up"? where? I have seen the people you mentioned so 4 black Americans ....out of 13% of the entire population population.
nice appempt, but 99% of black Americans will side based upon race.
Funny, I didn’t hear you speaking up when this dude murdered his own kids in my town.

https://omaha.com/news/local/crime-c...a992f2b6e.html

Apparently “you side” with white parents murdering their own children? Shame on you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3212.jpeg  

Old 03-13-2024, 9:45pm   #100
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Let me try to take another stab at getting you up to speed. If my neighbor three houses down is a KKK member and has rallies at his house, you're damn right I'm going to do what I can to run him off or shut it down. Might be covert, might be overt, but I'm not looking the other way. Same for a crack house.

Are you seeing any light here? Any notion of the message I am trying to convey? Does that make me responsible for every KKK house or every crack house? NO. I am telling you blacks in the hood don't think this way. BLM burning stores aren't the bad guy, crack dealer Demetrius isn't the bad guy. Somehow whitey and the Po-Po are the bad guys.

Keep moving the goalposts, Sport. You’re starting to look like you know what you’re talking about. Go back and look at your initial posts, nothing in there about “three houses down”.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic