Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 7:30am   #21
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

You could also try:

https://rantingly.com/

https://www.zerohedge.com/

https://sharylattkisson.com/

This is just some of places I read and may open your mind to more than MSM junk.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 7:34am   #22
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.

I got memes too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 8:22am   #23
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

So Jeff, which one is it, hummm?
Attached Thumbnails
tongue.jpg  

foot.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norm For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 8:49am   #24
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,231 Times in 17,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 8:56am   #25
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Well, I see the super right faction is set in stone with blinders on here.
Prolly useless to even post in this forum, as either you're all ultra right, or the other more moderate posters are afraid of a confrontation and just don't post, for fear of the pile on mentality.
What part of "Trump sent US Troops to Washington to clear a peaceful demonstration from a park" don't you get? Is that something that you condone, AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MONUMENTS.
All for a photo op to hold a bible upside down.
I voted for him, but you do that, not only to peaceful protesters, but make US troops who prolly didn't want to be there for that purpose, you lose my vote.
The guy has turned into an absolute powerless joke that world leaders now laugh at.
I just can't believe you guys...
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 9:11am   #26
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,507 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Jeff,

Generally, I don't watch the news. What I do know is that the MSM is so biased against Trump, that they criticize everything that he does, or does not do. A lot of people seem to believe the MSM, which just makes everything worse.

With all the BLM crap, the police seem to be powerless, almost afraid to do their jobs, which is maintaining the peace. I'm OK with Trump calling in the National Guard and/or the Army to maintain the peace. The rioting, looting, vandalism and removal of statues is absolutely disgusting, and the perps should be arrested, charged, tried and punished. If the Army is used to arrest the perps, I'm good with that.

Is Trump perfect? Of course not. But neither am I, and neither is anyone else on this board. Could any one of us do a better job as Commander In Chief? I doubt it. Would any one of us be as hated by the Dems? Probably. The hatred by the Dems is simply because they didn't win the election in '16, and not because Trump won.

snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 9:16am   #27
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Prolly useless to even post in this forum, as either you're all ultra right, or the other more moderate posters are afraid of a confrontation and just don't post, for fear of the pile on mentality.
What part of "Trump sent US Troops to Washington to clear a peaceful demonstration from a park" don't you get? Is that something that you condone, AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MONUMENTS.
I voted for him, but you do that, not only to peaceful protesters, but make US troops who prolly didn't want to be there for that purpose, you lose my vote.
The guy has turned into an absolute powerless joke that world leaders now laugh at.

My opinion is you've lost your way. You used to be cool and "Got" the idea. Now all I hear is whining about what Trump does.

And speaking of blinders, what part of destroying statues is a "Peaceful Protest". Most of the "Peaceful Protests" I've seen include looting and burning shit. Get the fukk outta here with that peaceful protest bullshit.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 9:17am   #28
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

Go take a boat ride, snag a fish or two, throw out a crab pot, kick back with a few brewski's, relax. All of this political back and forth is way, way above our pay grades here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norm For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 9:21am   #29
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Go take a boat ride, snag a fish or two, throw out a crab pot, kick back with a few brewski's, relax. All of this political back and forth is way, way above our pay grades here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 9:40am   #30
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,161 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

don't recall seeing these type of stories about:

Obama
Hillary
Pelosi
Schumer

or anyone else with a D after their name.

so that should tell you something about the bias in "reporting"/"inventing" stories.

they are full of unnamed sources, speculation, and just pure guessing. barely worthy material for the bird cage. might make decent fire starter.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 9:54am   #31
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
don't recall seeing these type of stories about:

Obama
Hillary
Pelosi
Schumer

or anyone else with a D after their name.

so that should tell you something about the bias in "reporting"/"inventing" stories.

they are full of unnamed sources, speculation, and just pure guessing. barely worthy material for the bird cage. might make decent fire starter.
What about Trump's ridiculous Tweets?
Are those fake too ?
Trump's Tweets, as of late, are totally toothless and way beyond the realm of what is really going on in America today. His dog & pony show is finally being called out for what it is.
As far as the protesters in Lafayette Park, I watched that on live TV and didn't need any commentary. Protecting monuments and personal property is one thing, Nazi tactics on American citizens that are gathering peacefully is another. I'm not the only one who perceived that action in that way.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:01am   #32
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 30.2%

Thanked 33,834 Times in 12,329 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

WOW; I think the OP accidentally entered this thread here on VB; instead of the
CNN or MSNBC chat boards.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:02am   #33
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,161 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
What about Trump's ridiculous Tweets?
Are those fake too ?
Trump's Tweets, as of late, are totally toothless and way beyond the realm of what is really going on in America today. His dog & pony show is finally being called out for what it is.
As far as the protesters in Lafayette Park, I watched that on live TV and didn't need any commentary. Protecting monuments and personal property is one thing, Nazi tactics on American citizens that are gathering peacefully is another. I'm not the only one who perceived that action in that way.
he's not a polished politician, who has been trained to say only bland, meatless, nice things.

the other side is just as guilty of saying dumb or hateful things, but they get a pass.

they claim that the GOP wants to push grandma off the cliff. that if you are too old, then you just get a pain pill and go home an die (Obama). recall the lies surrounding the ACA from Obama, and he got a total pass on those. or lately Pelosi claiming that if her bill about police had been law, then Mr. Floyd would not have been killed.

lies and unfounded speculation. but not a peep from the press about the fecklessness of the Dems.

yes, Trump is a different cup of tea. but after too many years of "just say nice things and the Dems will like you", he put a wrench in those gears. that game got the GOP nothing. He's playing just as hard as they are, but now you get to see the messy way policy is made and laws are created. before, this was all done in closed rooms, with polite summaries given to the public after they had called the other side nasty names. now it's out for everyone to see. and it's not pretty.

the Dems play for keeps and they play the game hard. At least Trump is matching them presently. if all this upsets you, every radio, computer, and TV has an OFF button.

i'm headed to the shop shortly to build a display box.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:13am   #34
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Those 'peaceful protestors' vandalized, defaced a bunch of stuff already, like the WWII Memorial, and they started to burn down the historic church, but the fire was put out before it took the whole building. Their 'peaceful' street cred was long gone. Yes, Trump called for a photo op. It was an important one, a message to the arsonists, vandals, and looters. The church, the monuments....they are our shared heritage, and Trump is not going to allow them to be destroyed.

Remember Obama's 'red line?' Well, that was Trump's red line. No more destroying our history.

You've got to ask yourself, "Why am I on the side of people who not only want to destroy my history and heritage, but hate straight white men just like me?"

Maybe you missed the thread where the same folks vandalized the Stevie Ray Vaughn statue in Austin? They destroyed a statue of an actual abolitionist who helped slaves escape. They destroyed statues of Catholic saints. They spray painted rock formations at Red Rocks. How, exactly, is Red Rocks offensive to anyone? They actually went back and RE-VANDALIZED St. John's Church. This is about tearing down the country, and pitting neighbor against neighbor. This is Marxists trying to foment conflict and insurrection. Why is it we have to have armed guards in front of any meaningful United States landmark? Is that really the kind of country you want to live in?

Somebody has to stand up and say, "No more. This is wrong, and won't be allowed to continue." Someone has to be the adult, and so far, the only adult in the room seems to be Trump.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:16am   #35
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Those 'peaceful protestors' vandalized, defaced a bunch of stuff already, like the WWII Memorial, and they started to burn down the historic church, but the fire was put out before it took the whole building. Their 'peaceful' street cred was long gone. Yes, Trump called for a photo op. It was an important one, a message to the arsonists, vandals, and looters. The church, the monuments....they are our shared heritage, and Trump is not going to allow them to be destroyed.

Remember Obama's 'red line?' Well, that was Trump's red line. No more destroying our history.

You've got to ask yourself, "Why am I on the side of people who not only want to destroy my history and heritage, but hate straight white men just like me?"

Maybe you missed the thread where the same folks vandalized the Stevie Ray Vaughn statue in Austin? They destroyed a statue of an actual abolitionist who helped slaves escape. They destroyed statues of Catholic saints. They spray painted rock formations at Red Rocks. How, exactly, is Red Rocks offensive to anyone? They actually went back and RE-VANDALIZED St. John's Church. This is about tearing down the country, and pitting neighbor against neighbor. This is Marxists trying to foment conflict and insurrection. Why is it we have to have armed guards in front of any meaningful United States landmark? Is that really the kind of country you want to live in?

Somebody has to stand up and say, "No more. This is wrong, and won't be allowed to continue." Someone has to be the adult, and so far, the only adult in the room seems to be Trump.
No, those were different people who need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Thugs, riding on the coattails of a peaceful protest are not whom I am talking about, and you know it.
So glad you popped in Bill
Old 06-27-2020, 10:40am   #36
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,581 Times in 13,583 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Every news source WANTS him to lose except FOX. Only half of FOX wants him to lose.

Most of DC wants him to quit/lose because he is upsetting centuries of "how we do it here"

At least half of the population wants him to quit/lose because they didn't think he should have won in the first place and he isn't Obama.

That only leaves the Americans. Hopefully we are enough to keep him there.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:49am   #37
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
No, those were different people who need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Thugs, riding on the coattails of a peaceful protest are not whom I am talking about, and you know it.
So glad you popped in Bill
OK, let's go with that. Then we can't let the same useful idiots who allowed themselves to be used as a diversion for the arsonists and looters to get close to any important landmarks going forward. It's just too dangerous. You'll note that we never see the 'peaceful' protestors' actually stopping the looters, arsonists, and rioters. Why is that? If you were trying to make a peaceful statement, and here's some asshole destroying shit, wouldn't you and the other 'peaceful protestors' stop the asshole destroying shit? If that happened, we wouldn't be here talking about it right now. Cities wouldn't have been burnt down. Statues would still be up. The SRV statue wouldn't be ****ed up right now. See where I'm going with this?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:50am   #38
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 76.6%

Thanked 33,325 Times in 11,688 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Oh, sorry.
Try The NY Times link. That one is on Valtrex and should be fine now.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/ny-times...kill-us-troops

The sad part is, Trump knew about this for quite some time and did nothing. No sanctions, no slap on the wrist, not even an acknowledgement.
How do know he “did nothing?” Are you privy to what our intelligence agencies do, or are you just guessing with no facts to back up your guessing? It’s obvious which it is to most of us. If you believe Biden would do anything to Russia you’re seriously delusional.

We had two choices in the last election, bad and worse. The upcoming election presents the same two choices.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 10:56am   #39
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
OK, let's go with that. Then we can't let the same useful idiots who allowed themselves to be used as a diversion for the arsonists and looters to get close to any important landmarks going forward. It's just too dangerous. You'll note that we never see the 'peaceful' protestors' actually stopping the looters, arsonists, and rioters. Why is that? If you were trying to make a peaceful statement, and here's some asshole destroying shit, wouldn't you and the other 'peaceful protestors' stop the asshole destroying shit? If that happened, we wouldn't be here talking about it right now. Cities wouldn't have been burnt down. Statues would still be up. The SRV statue wouldn't be ****ed up right now. See where I'm going with this?
I agree Bill. during/after 911, we were told how " not all muslims are bad" and " we should judge all by the actions of a few" and the expectation laid out for muslims was to report the bad guys. If you want to be seen as good and not be viewed as terrorists, help us get the terrorists. Why isn't that same expectation applied here? It clearly isn't. Whether peaceful, antifa, BLM, anti-police, or just an ignorant participant, no one is making any attempt to stop it.

It is FAR too late now, but the clearest message that could have been sent was for 10 officers to immediately jump on the first person that threw a water bottle, a brick, broke a window etc. That says loudly " You will not get away with this". Instead they were told, or chose, to just let it happen. Now the genie is out of the bottle and there is no return.

Edit: There is one option that could be effective. The cities collaborate and decide at midnight July 1st. it ends. Every officer, National Guard, Security Guard, mall cop, crosswalk Guard, School police officer, etc, starts in the center of town and expands out arresting, fighting, tasing, shooting their way in an expanding perimeter until the rats are gone. Come back the next night and wait. Do it until they stop coming back.

States/cities have had NO ISSUE violating the Constitution for the "alleged" health crisis. Apply the same to the safety crisis.

It is downright PATHETIC that a mom gets arrested on a play ground for letting her kids play, while a guy smashing windows and stealing shit, walks away.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 11:07am   #40
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Serious question. Do you sincerely believe the statement above, or is this just an impact point or attention grabbing statement?

I'm not going to attack you if you believe it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic