Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2024, 9:59pm   #61
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 228,766, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 83,112
Thanks: 37,875
Thanked 41,940 Times in 17,460 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:38pm   #62
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 107,654, Level: 100
Activity: 83.1%
 
Aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The corner of Cease Rd. and Desist St.
Posts: 44,840
Thanks: 17,219
Thanked 33,946 Times in 13,760 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default

Is it possible that AC did it? marginally. Is it possible OJ took a bullet for him? Hell no. No way, no how. OJ did not go through all that trial BS for his buddy...that would have recently KILLED someone OJ cared for.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 11:10pm   #63
owc6
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 2,225, Level: 30
Activity: 33.8%
 
owc6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 644
Thanks: 378
Thanked 257 Times in 135 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

I always thought he did it.

However it's out of our hands, now. God will sort it out.
owc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owc6 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 11:16pm   #64
IB4TL
A Real Barner
Points: 9,063, Level: 66
Activity: 26.3%
 
IB4TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Trump Nation
Posts: 2,639
Thanks: 838
Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,035 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Too bad he wasn't shot in the early '90s
IB4TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 4:51am   #65
Trapper Sean
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 2,012, Level: 28
Activity: 11.9%
 
Trapper Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 110
Thanks: 23
Thanked 45 Times in 21 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

For youse all who are intellectual babes in the woods, not to mention ne'erdwells banned from that other site, you'll be glad to know that CD set the record straight with his own final post and then locked the thread.
Trapper Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trapper Sean For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 5:52am   #66
RMVette
A Real Barner
Points: 64,200, Level: 100
Activity: 31.3%
 
RMVette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 17,273
Thanks: 6,323
Thanked 21,905 Times in 9,222 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $311064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper Sean View Post
For youse all who are intellectual babes in the woods, not to mention ne'erdwells banned from that other site, you'll be glad to know that CD set the record straight with his own final post and then locked the thread.
Name:  steve-harvey-huh.gif
Views: 85
Size:  242.4 KB
RMVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 7:01am   #67
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Points: 119,340, Level: 100
Activity: 42.8%
 
04 commemorative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Down the Shore,New Jersey Elev.3 feet.
Posts: 18,771
Thanks: 4,627
Thanked 11,116 Times in 5,204 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper Sean View Post
For youse all who are intellectual babes in the woods, not to mention ne'erdwells banned from that other site, you'll be glad to know that CD set the record straight with his own final post and then locked the thread.
Well.....screen shot it so us banned folk can see it
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 7:04am   #68
vettemed
A Real Barner
Points: 2,549, Level: 32
Activity: 37.1%
 
vettemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,337
Thanks: 773
Thanked 663 Times in 300 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
Well.....screen shot it so us banned folk can see it
Probably went something like "He was found innocent and you crackers are all racist for suggesting otherwise, so the thread is locked, and you can all kiss my black ass"
vettemed is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettemed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 7:29am   #69
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 18,374, Level: 93
Activity: 50.4%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,715
Thanks: 2,000
Thanked 7,215 Times in 3,198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Is it possible that AC did it? marginally. Is it possible OJ took a bullet for him? Hell no. No way, no how. OJ did not go through all that trial BS for his buddy...that would have recently KILLED someone OJ cared for.
DNA evidence presented at OJ's trial showed that there was a ONE IN A BILLION chance that someone other than OJ committed the murders. The jury felt that one in a billion chance was not sufficient to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that OJ did it. You can come to your own conclusion if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemed View Post
Probably went something like "He was found innocent and you crackers are all racist for suggesting otherwise, so the thread is locked, and you can all kiss my black ass"
OJ was most definitely NOT "proven innocent". He was "found not guilty". There is a huge difference between the two.

And yes, as soon as I saw that thread, I thought "how long until Cumdawg locks this one?"
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 9:03am   #70
LATB
A Real Barner
Points: 124,988, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
LATB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Green Acres is the place to be...
Posts: 38,218
Thanks: 6,489
Thanked 24,137 Times in 10,952 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190
Default

OJ was found not guilty because the judge presiding over the trial lost control of his courtroom. He willingly turned over control to the attorneys and the TV cameras.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 9:23am   #71
KenHorse
Barn Stall Owner #123
Points: 15,201, Level: 85
Activity: 71.2%
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Posts: 1,944
Thanks: 133
Thanked 2,049 Times in 928 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
OJ was found not guilty because the judge presiding over the trial lost control of his courtroom. He willingly turned over control to the attorneys and the TV cameras.
Judge Ito

KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:44am   #72
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Points: 40,199, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
GTOguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Those satisfactions are permanent
Posts: 15,293
Thanks: 6,418
Thanked 8,033 Times in 3,970 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
DNA evidence presented at OJ's trial showed that there was a ONE IN A BILLION chance that someone other than OJ committed the murders. The jury felt that one in a billion chance was not sufficient to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that OJ did it. You can come to your own conclusion if you want.



OJ was most definitely NOT "proven innocent". He was "found not guilty". There is a huge difference between the two.

And yes, as soon as I saw that thread, I thought "how long until Cumdawg locks this one?"
I disagree. It has come out that approximately 90% of the jury wanted payback for what they perceived a injustice in the Rodney King trial just prior. They had been shown only the beating portion of the tape (not the attack King instigated on the cops) and assumed it was racism. (Like they assume everything else is). Black celebrity kills two white people? HELL YES. That's the real reason, nothing as logical as bad evidence.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 2:04pm   #73
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 18,374, Level: 93
Activity: 50.4%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 7,715
Thanks: 2,000
Thanked 7,215 Times in 3,198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
I disagree. It has come out that approximately 90% of the jury wanted payback for what they perceived a injustice in the Rodney King trial just prior. They had been shown only the beating portion of the tape (not the attack King instigated on the cops) and assumed it was racism. (Like they assume everything else is). Black celebrity kills two white people? HELL YES. That's the real reason, nothing as logical as bad evidence.
Part of the same problem. Several jurors admitted that they never seriously considered that OJ was guilty, so saying there was a one in a billion chance it wasn't him was good enough for them. Basically, that trial was won at jury selection, as many are.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 2:09pm   #74
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Points: 15,029, Level: 84
Activity: 24.1%
 
PLRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 10,635
Thanks: 2,222
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,593 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
OJ was found not guilty because the judge presiding over the trial lost control of his courtroom. He willingly turned over control to the attorneys and the TV cameras.
That guy was the weakest link of all. He showed NO balls, backbone, or presence during that trial.
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 2:15pm   #75
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Points: 47,658, Level: 100
Activity: 7.6%
 
Wathen1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodland, CA
Posts: 12,649
Thanks: 7,851
Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,004 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default

Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 4:34pm   #76
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Points: 68,754, Level: 100
Activity: 7.6%
 
VatorMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, MD.
Posts: 22,626
Thanks: 6,232
Thanked 8,434 Times in 4,265 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963
Default

OJ isnít the first murderer to get off by hiring high paid lawyers. But lawyers canít erase his association with the murders.

AKA Teddy (drunk) Kennedy.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 6:22pm   #77
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Points: 58,159, Level: 100
Activity: 74.8%
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: La Isla de Ira
Posts: 17,845
Thanks: 3,933
Thanked 18,782 Times in 8,318 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
I disagree. It has come out that approximately 90% of the jury wanted payback for what they perceived a injustice in the Rodney King trial just prior. Black celebrity kills two white people? HELL YES. That's the real reason, nothing as logical as bad evidence.


dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 6:53pm   #78
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Points: 57,528, Level: 100
Activity: 93.9%
 
Anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: In some people's minds
Posts: 37,795
Thanks: 23,112
Thanked 26,168 Times in 10,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490
Default

Judge Ito was a joke. He got caught up on all the media hype and made an ass out of himself.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 7:22pm   #79
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 116,858, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9%
 
JRD77VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zionsville,PA
Posts: 49,251
Thanks: 25,888
Thanked 21,944 Times in 8,924 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Is it possible that AC did it? marginally. Is it possible OJ took a bullet for him? Hell no. No way, no how. OJ did not go through all that trial BS for his buddy...that would have recently KILLED someone OJ cared for.
Did OJ take the ultimate hit and protect his son? His son was known to have major anger issues.

Why did OJ get his son a lawyer on standby when they were looking at OJ?

There was DNA evidence that was NOT OJ's . His son's DNA was never collected by the police.

Lots of questions/ theories and one of the big pieces of the puzzle just died.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 6:59am   #80
LATB
A Real Barner
Points: 124,988, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
LATB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Green Acres is the place to be...
Posts: 38,218
Thanks: 6,489
Thanked 24,137 Times in 10,952 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
That guy was the weakest link of all. He showed NO balls, backbone, or presence during that trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
Judge Ito was a joke. He got caught up on all the media hype and made an ass out of himself.
Ito is a lib-idiot and as typical with lefties they screw up everything that they are involved with.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:55am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2024 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page