Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 3:08pm   #21
Firevette
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $14884

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post

Who's going to be Del and who's going to be Neil?
Firevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 8:24pm   #22
NB2K
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1545413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
Gonna have to be more centrally located and not on a Holiday weekend for max participation.

As far as CF goes. It's sponsor driven now, that's what happens when big business takes over. I preach and preach about things like this to only be dismissed and accused of hating big business, which I don't. But I also understand how the world and business works.

There's also a dying breed of Hot Rodders and people have come in who don't have an understanding of Hot Rodding or vettes and the history that goes/comes with it.being taken over by yuppies and wanta bes who aren't concerned about the brotherhood.

hell I got into it one day with a damb ass on CF because he said waving was stupid and he wouldn't do it. I told him I would one finger wave at him and he threatened to cut my finger off.

yeah, that's what's taking us over folks. Enjoy it while you can and before the greenies and liberals put an end to it.
Lotta good sense in this post.

CF will make you dislike your Corvette, no shit.
NB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27pm   #23
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

So xtremevette....are you coming to Barn Raising II at the NCM?
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:40pm   #24
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 8,105 Times in 4,239 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post

Scott
Old 08-20-2011, 10:44pm   #25
oahuyahoo
Barn Stall Owner #67

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $100888958

Did you read that whole CFOT thread? Folks keep quizzing Pewter on the issue of the low attendance and he keep skirting the issue that regular attendees are no longer there. Funny yet so sad for him. If it looks like chit, smells like it then 99.99% chance it is chit.
oahuyahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:47pm   #26
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oahuyahoo View Post
Did you read that whole CFOT thread? Folks keep quizzing Pewter on the issue of the low attendance and he keep skirting the issue that regular attendees are no longer there. Funny yet so sad for him. If it looks like chit, smells like it then 99.99% chance it is chit.
Been out tooling around the mountains here in Ruidoso, NM all week. I will have to catch up on my reading.
Old 08-21-2011, 8:00am   #27
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $720

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Liz...ill see if I can make it but Iam part of Vettes for Vets and we have are sanctioned event at Talladega Super Speedway on memorial weekend. It has been sold out with over 200-250 vettes for the last 2 years. Next year supposed to be even bigger. Iam actually quite surprised Vette Barn wanted this weekend to have this event. From what I heard lots of members of the other forum were complaining that memorial weekend was getting too difficult to plan for and that they wanted their event held at another time which was now confirmed to happen.

I will keep an eye out on this to see what the dates are, if there is something going on, on Sunday, ill probably take a ride up...as for Saturday ill be on Talladega doing 150 down the back stretch.
XtremeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 9:43am   #28
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,658 Times in 11,660 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
Thanks for the heads up Liz...ill see if I can make it but Iam part of Vettes for Vets and we have are sanctioned event at Talladega Super Speedway on memorial weekend. It has been sold out with over 200-250 vettes for the last 2 years. Next year supposed to be even bigger. Iam actually quite surprised Vette Barn wanted this weekend to have this event. From what I heard lots of members of the other forum were complaining that memorial weekend was getting too difficult to plan for and that they wanted their event held at another time which was now confirmed to happen.

I will keep an eye out on this to see what the dates are, if there is something going on, on Sunday, ill probably take a ride up...as for Saturday ill be on Talladega doing 150 down the back stretch.
From what I've read over the years since I've never been able to attend, I'd venture to guess many people want the venue changed because the Forum destroyed the event by alienating the people who made it fun and they no longer wish to put in the effort to make it to a gathering. Well, that and not supporting the NCM in favor of the St. JESSE's charity which pissed off the NCM.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:03am   #29
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Default true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
From what I've read over the years since I've never been able to attend, I'd venture to guess many people want the venue changed because the Forum destroyed the event by alienating the people who made it fun and they no longer wish to put in the effort to make it to a gathering. Well, that and not supporting the NCM in favor of the St. JESSE's charity which pissed off the NCM.
I hear your point of view. Just curious but why were you not able to attend? Was it because to get that weekend off from the family would be too difficult? That seems to be one of the biggest problems for having an event on Memorial Weekend. I can fully understand and appreciate it too. As far as the CF goes....there are many different versions for what happened and I have heard them all. I don't disagree as I too liked the freedom the CF once offered and that the Vette Barn has brought back to the corvette community. I am an active member of many corvette forum's. It is really a shame that the peoples governing a few of them can't look though the BS, $$$, and the politics of big business to keep both it's members and vendors happy. I won't get into the political aspect of the forums or how they are run. I only care about the Corvette lifestyle and the friends I have made over the years from these forums. To me in the end that is all that matters. My only comment was emphasizing on the date...I too spoke to people from various corvette organizations including the NCM, CF, Vettes for Vets, LSFest/Holley, FunFest, CAC and a few other smaller places. It is tough when more then one big venue or family gathering is scheduled for the this weekend. I think the NCM began to take noticed of this over the last few years. I am not suggesting this is the only reason that the CF Cruise In was moved from the date, cause it was not...but this was a contributing factor. I thoroughly encourage the Vette Barn and hope the weekend is awesome for you guys. Like I mentioned...I will try to make it for at least a day to see some old friends and some new ones.

Last edited by XtremeVette; 08-21-2011 at 12:38pm.
Old 08-21-2011, 3:33pm   #30
Blademaker
Barn Stall Owner #89
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,410 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $536709986

My big issue with CF is for some reason that was never explained to me, it was deemed fit for them to run all my replies to any topic by a moderator to be "approved". After a few days of this happy horseshit, They recieved a pm ordering them to permaban my ass. Fvck them and their holier than thou attitudes, censorship, double standards, and playing favorites with their little Butt Buddies.
Blademaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 3:39pm   #31
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
I hear your point of view. Just curious but why were you not able to attend? Was it because to get that weekend off from the family would be too difficult? That seems to be one of the biggest problems for having an event on Memorial Weekend. I can fully understand and appreciate it too. As far as the CF goes....there are many different versions for what happened and I have heard them all. I don't disagree as I too liked the freedom the CF once offered and that the Vette Barn has brought back to the corvette community. I am an active member of many corvette forum's. It is really a shame that the peoples governing a few of them can't look though the BS, $$$, and the politics of big business to keep both it's members and vendors happy. I won't get into the political aspect of the forums or how they are run. I only care about the Corvette lifestyle and the friends I have made over the years from these forums. To me in the end that is all that matters. My only comment was emphasizing on the date...I too spoke to people from various corvette organizations including the NCM, CF, Vettes for Vets, LSFest/Holley, FunFest, CAC and a few other smaller places. It is tough when more then one big venue or family gathering is scheduled for the this weekend. I think the NCM began to take noticed of this over the last few years. I am not suggesting this is the only reason that the CF Cruise In was moved from the date, cause it was not...but this was a contributing factor. I thoroughly encourage the Vette Barn and hope the weekend is awesome for you guys. Like I mentioned...I will try to make it for at least a day to see some old friends and some new ones.
No disrespect intended to your POV...but this is exactly why CF failed. No one ever wanted to get into it. No one ever wanted to take these people to task. Now they have nothing except a few arrogant mods and admins who turn a blind eye to the facts because their egos get in the way.

That said, not everyone likes to fight city hall. I can certainly see that line of thinking too.

I hope you can join us at BR II.

Oh and BTW...there are many different versions of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" too (where writers take creative license). But there's only one original.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43am   #32
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
No disrespect intended to your POV...but this is exactly why CF failed. No one ever wanted to get into it. No one ever wanted to take these people to task. Now they have nothing except a few arrogant mods and admins who turn a blind eye to the facts because their egos get in the way.

That said, not everyone likes to fight city hall. I can certainly see that line of thinking too.

I hope you can join us at BR II.

Oh and BTW...there are many different versions of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" too (where writers take creative license). But there's only one original.
Well said and my friend...I'll be keeping an eye out for what the activities are going to be as the event becomes closer.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50am   #33
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:

That is NOT why CF CI failed. That line can be repeated loudly all day and night, and it's still not anywhere near the case.

Quote:
(1) versions? Alot of people who attended CI year after year are no longer even on CF. There's a version for ya!

(2) the date is the reason? Come on, sir...the date didn't kill it when it was a good, solid event! It's funny the date is such a big part of the blame now!

(3) The CF CI was not "moved from the date." That date at the NCM is no longer available to them.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:21pm   #34
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

The Memorial Day excuse will be shown to be false by the turnout for BRII, I'm sure.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:34pm   #35
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
That is NOT why CF CI failed. That line can be repeated loudly all day and night, and it's still not anywhere near the case.

(1) versions? Alot of people who attended CI year after year are no longer even on CF. There's a version for ya!

(2) the date is the reason? Come on, sir...the date didn't kill it when it was a good, solid event! It's funny the date is such a big part of the blame now!

(3) The CF CI was not "moved from the date." That date at the NCM is no longer available to them.
I know there is a lot of hostility here toward the CF...Iam not disagreeing with any of it. I have been around since the beginning and have seen all the problems unravel. I just go by the facts as they are presented to me.

1. You are very correct Liz and I know they are over here
2. The date is partial to the reason...times have changed...many of the folks that have been coming for years have grown up (including myself) and have families or have gotten married. My only emphasis on the date was that more activities seem to be held now on memorial weekend that give more "bang for the buck" then what the CF has been for the last 5 years. Blame the economy, lack of support of the forum, whatever. In addition, as I mentioned some of those with new families cherish their memorial weekends.
3. The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Iam very happy Vette Barn took over or stole the spot. It's great to see a new event be born. I hope that the function goes over very well and that the sunday is utilized and is not wasted.

I was curious as to what happened with Roscoe though and why he was not offered to play a role? I know there was a new cook nominated but still? (You can PM me if you don't wish to publicly answer this).

I look forward to seeing many faces from a while ago and hopefully some of the activities from back in the day.

Jeff
Old 08-22-2011, 12:39pm   #36
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
I know there is a lot of hostility here toward the CF...Iam not disagreeing with any of it. I have been around since the beginning and have seen all the problems unravel. I just go by the facts as they are presented to me.

2. The date is partial to the reason...times have changed...many of the folks that have been coming for years have grown up (including myself) and have families or have gotten married. My only emphasis on the date was that more activities seem to be held now on memorial weekend that give more "bang for the buck" then what the CF has been for the last 5 years. Blame the economy, lack of support of the forum, whatever. In addition, as I mentioned some of those with new families cherish their memorial weekends.
3. The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Iam very happy Vette Barn took over or stole the spot. It's great to see a new event be born. I hope that the function goes over very well and that the sunday is utilized and is not wasted.

I was curious as to what happened with Roscoe though and why he was not offered to play a role? I know there was a new cook nominated but still? (You can PM me if you don't wish to publicly answer this).

I look forward to seeing many faces from a while ago and hopefully some of the activities from back in the day.

Jeff
I was "grown up" and with a family all the years of CF CI.

As for this: The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Oh really? Source?

The cook for Barn Raising is one of our active members. That makes sense to me.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:54pm   #37
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:

Jeff
I don't think a new cook was nominated. I believe the administrators did make an offer to Roscoe, as well as having a member volunteer to bring his gear to BG for the event. Some folks expressed their preferences but to my knowledge (and I'm really not in on anything) there is very little set in stone at this point other than the date, that the monies raised will go to the NCM and that VB is working with the NCM to put on a terrific event.

As for times changing and families and all that - for some folks Memorial day is the perfect day. Its a long weekend before summer kicks into gear, school is out and its a good chance to get away. As for Sunday being wasted it has always provided me with a means do the whole days drive home and rest up on Monday.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:55pm   #38
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
I was "grown up" and with a family all the years of CF CI.

As for this: The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Oh really? Source?

The cook for Barn Raising is one of our active members. That makes sense to me. .
The NCM and CF were talking about it back in February of this year.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that Roscoe wasn't an active member here.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:57pm   #39
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
The NCM and CF were talking about it back in February of this year.
Again, source?

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't aware that Roscoe wasn't an active member here.
He is a member. I've only seen him post when we talk about BBQ at events.

OMG...this makes me want some BBQ now!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:58pm   #40
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
As for Sunday being wasted it has always provided me with a means do the whole days drive home and rest up on Monday.
Same here, but I hope you consider the Indy 500 with us this year.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic