Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 8:06pm   #1
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 9,000 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default Here’s the deal

I’m going to share something very personal. I’m sure some with less than stellar character will later use this against me. That’s on them.

I’ve been fighting hella depression for 25 years. With most of your neurotransmitters created in your gut, depression is just about guaranteed with Crohns Disease.

I also have leukemia. It’s a damn miracle I’ve lived this long.

This causes some issues with my brain chemistry. But not sadness. Mostly fatigue.

But knowing your life is fragile and that your family will out live you is, frankly, depressing. Hiding from viruses 365 days a year is stressful. Waking up in the hospital 2-5x a year is frightening.

My dad taught me that “you can only do your best. If you can go to bed at night and truthfully say you did your best, all is good.”

I do my best. I may come back at someone who is insensitive, cruel or derogatory but I’m never one who instigates. Most of the time I just let it go.

What I hope is that we can be kinder to each other. I’ve had several people say incredibly insensitive things about me dying and it gets old.

There is something really wrong with anyone blessed with a healthy and strong body and mind ripping on those less fortunate. It’s a low blow that should never be used.

If you don’t like something I say or post, try skipping the thread. Or put me on ignore.

But have some humility and some humanity. I don’t let any of these challenges stop me. I’ve been shot, broke my back and pelvis in a car accident, came hours within dying on several occasions (once while delivering medical aid - oh the irony), and through it all I have a “can do” attitude. Had surgeries, crazy infections, medial mistakes requiring more surgeries, I’ve ruined my wife’s life as she has become a caretaker and I’m losing my eyesight rapidly.

She is happy to do it but I see the wear and tear. She didn’t sign up for this.

I don’t say any of this for sympathy.

I request that anyone reading this take a moment to reflect on what you have. I know some here have health problems. You will only get support from me.

For those who are lucky to have stability financially, good mental and physical health I don’t expect you to understand. Just like I can’t understand what is like to be able to go places and do the things you want to do. I can’t comprehend feeling good. My fatigue is so extreme at times I can’t go up the stairs.

I only want to work to support my family. I ask for no handouts. Most of my time is spent helping other people (musicians for example - although I’m changing my mind there. Too many pussies who don’t want to work) - or doing free consulting for friends who need help but can’t afford my fees. Or bringing medical aid to disaster areas amd war zones - otherwise I’m working 50 hours a week.

I vent here occasionally like everyone. There is no one to talk to around me. I’m the breadwinner who can’t stay on my feet long enough to make progress. I have zero control over it.

It’s been 14 years of struggle. Yet, I’m not down and I’m not even unhappy. I’m just tired.

Part of me hopes I do get the virus. That will end my pain. If I didn’t have a family who means everything to me, I would have swallowed a .45 long ago.

I live with this every day. When you say hurtful things it may be fun for you, but it is harmful. And you never know what someone might be going through.

I’m also not a fan of oppressive governments and I understand what the prescription is.

You see, it doesn’t matter anymore to me. My days are numbered. Freedom is THE most important thing to me. If I die defending it, so be it. If people marginalize me because I fight, so be it. I’ll still fight for them.

This doesn’t mean I’m taking up arms. It means I am not going to be silenced by the mini-totalitarians that think I should just take it and keep my mouth shut. I will speak my mind. I will expose tyranny. Let the chips fall where they may.

I will always promote freedom and call out the powers that be when they tread on it. You can choose differently. I won’t degrade you if you choose the safe route. Some things are bigger than us.

Good luck out there.

I’m sure few will read.

SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:08pm   #2
FLEXjs
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 5,670 Times in 1,913 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12967

I'm not reading all that.

Cliffs?
FLEXjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 8:08pm   #3
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Pics of Shadow?
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 8:11pm   #4
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
I am not going to be silenced by the mini-totalitarians that think I should just take it and keep my mouth shut.
I will speak my mind.
I will expose tyranny.
Let the chips fall where they may.

This country was built on those very same principals.

Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:14pm   #5
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
I'm not reading all that.

Cliffs?
Here I will translate to Flex language.

Me, very sick.
It bummer.
I do best I can.
Be thankful for your health and strength
White man speak with forked tongue
Me not sad
me not coward
You big muscles
I like poon
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:15pm   #6
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 21,856 Times in 8,891 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Wishing and praying for the best for you Snik

Jeff
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:16pm   #7
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Pics of Shadow?
Only one on the iPad
Attached Thumbnails
24E93F2F-1DFA-4B3C-89A7-F815F6088280.jpg  

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:16pm   #8
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner

Quote:

Me, very sick.
It bummer.
I do best I can.
Me not sad
me not coward
You big muscles
I like poon

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:17pm   #9
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

But this is a nice shot too.
Attached Thumbnails
08C33C34-2DB5-47F3-AE07-4B7B0F6CC03D.jpeg  

Old 03-29-2020, 8:17pm   #10
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Pete, I know you've had more than your fair share of life challenges over the last few years. I too have almost croaked a few times the past few years.

I'm sure you're doing this already, but thank your wife for everything she does for you. Since October, my wife has been playing nurse everyday, and I thank her everyday.

Doesn't matter if we're sick, healthy, rich, poor, whatever, any minute could be our last. Life is too damn short to be dicks on internet forums. Yes, I've been a dick to a few people on this board, and over there. Some deserved it, some didn't.

At the end of the day, we're all here, on this board, to have some fun, and communicate with "friends". I've met some of the folks here in person, and I've always enjoyed meeting everyone I have met. Hopefully one day, I'll get to meet more people on here, including Pete.

And Nox.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:23pm   #11
FLEXjs
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 5,670 Times in 1,913 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12967

Quote:

Me, very sick.
It bummer.
I do best I can.
Me not sad
me not coward
You big muscles
I like poon
Thanks for that.

I'm not a fukken retard I'm a professional accountant.

I'm just not reading the book of your life.

PS: I hope you make it through this safely. As I do EVERYONE.
FLEXjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FLEXjs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:25pm   #12
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Pete, I know you've had more than your fair share of life challenges over the last few years. I too have almost croaked a few times the past few years.

I'm sure you're doing this already, but thank your wife for everything she does for you. Since October, my wife has been playing nurse everyday, and I thank her everyday.

Doesn't matter if we're sick, healthy, rich, poor, whatever, any minute could be our last. Life is too damn short to be dicks on internet forums. Yes, I've been a dick to a few people on this board, and over there. Some deserved it, some didn't.

At the end of the day, we're all here, on this board, to have some fun, and communicate with "friends". I've met some of the folks here in person, and I've always enjoyed meeting everyone I have met. Hopefully one day, I'll get to meet more people on here, including Pete.

And Nox.

Thanks. Perhaps some folk need to be reminded that we are here to have fun and support each other.

I don’t hold grudges. Memory not good enough. I know you’ve been through it too. Are you better?

Mine never ends. It’s a lifelong thing. Give that a thought. I’m actually feeling quite strong right now. Note creative than ever.

And I will do my radio show. I will be playing this Friday live. (Good lord!) on line with video, audio via radio.

Maybe some other players will join me. Maybe not. Don’t care. I might start giving lessons via Internet. But my gut says focus on cost reduction and coming out strong on the other side. I’m basically paying NOTHING except health insurance.

I actually feel blessed. But I often think death would be so much easier. The only thing that stops me is the pain I would cause to my family. I will endure everything for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:25pm   #13
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
Thanks for that.

I'm not a fukken retard I'm a professional accountant.

I'm just not reading the book of your life.

PS: I hope you make it through this safely. As I do EVERYONE.
Ha! I know. Just a joke man mountain.
Old 03-29-2020, 8:31pm   #14
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

You've got more of us in your corner than you think, Pete.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:32pm   #15
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 13,539 Times in 6,519 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
I’m going to share something very personal. I’m sure some with less than stellar character will later use this against me. That’s on them.

I’ve been fighting hella depression for 25 years. With most of your neurotransmitters created in your gut, depression is just about guaranteed with Crohns Disease.

I also have leukemia. It’s a damn miracle I’ve lived this long.

This causes some issues with my brain chemistry. But not sadness. Mostly fatigue.

But knowing your life is fragile and that your family will out live you is, frankly, depressing. Hiding from viruses 365 days a year is stressful. Waking up in the hospital 2-5x a year is frightening.

My dad taught me that “you can only do your best. If you can go to bed at night and truthfully say you did your best, all is good.”

I do my best. I may come back at someone who is insensitive, cruel or derogatory but I’m never one who instigates. Most of the time I just let it go.

What I hope is that we can be kinder to each other. I’ve had several people say incredibly insensitive things about me dying and it gets old.

There is something really wrong with anyone blessed with a healthy and strong body and mind ripping on those less fortunate. It’s a low blow that should never be used.

If you don’t like something I say or post, try skipping the thread. Or put me on ignore.

But have some humility and some humanity. I don’t let any of these challenges stop me. I’ve been shot, broke my back and pelvis in a car accident, came hours within dying on several occasions (once while delivering medical aid - oh the irony), and through it all I have a “can do” attitude. Had surgeries, crazy infections, medial mistakes requiring more surgeries, I’ve ruined my wife’s life as she has become a caretaker and I’m losing my eyesight rapidly.

She is happy to do it but I see the wear and tear. She didn’t sign up for this.

I don’t say any of this for sympathy.

I request that anyone reading this take a moment to reflect on what you have. I know some here have health problems. You will only get support from me.

For those who are lucky to have stability financially, good mental and physical health I don’t expect you to understand. Just like I can’t understand what is like to be able to go places and do the things you want to do. I can’t comprehend feeling good. My fatigue is so extreme at times I can’t go up the stairs.

I only want to work to support my family. I ask for no handouts. Most of my time is spent helping other people (musicians for example - although I’m changing my mind there. Too many pussies who don’t want to work) - or doing free consulting for friends who need help but can’t afford my fees. Or bringing medical aid to disaster areas amd war zones - otherwise I’m working 50 hours a week.

I vent here occasionally like everyone. There is no one to talk to around me. I’m the breadwinner who can’t stay on my feet long enough to make progress. I have zero control over it.

It’s been 14 years of struggle. Yet, I’m not down and I’m not even unhappy. I’m just tired.

Part of me hopes I do get the virus. That will end my pain. If I didn’t have a family who means everything to me, I would have swallowed a .45 long ago.

I live with this every day. When you say hurtful things it may be fun for you, but it is harmful. And you never know what someone might be going through.

I’m also not a fan of oppressive governments and I understand what the prescription is.

You see, it doesn’t matter anymore to me. My days are numbered. Freedom is THE most important thing to me. If I die defending it, so be it. If people marginalize me because I fight, so be it. I’ll still fight for them.

This doesn’t mean I’m taking up arms. It means I am not going to be silenced by the mini-totalitarians that think I should just take it and keep my mouth shut. I will speak my mind. I will expose tyranny. Let the chips fall where they may.

I will always promote freedom and call out the powers that be when they tread on it. You can choose differently. I won’t degrade you if you choose the safe route. Some things are bigger than us.

Good luck out there.

I’m sure few will read.

I don't think anyone wishes you ill Pete. You say things kinda f'd up sometimes. Thank your wife. Take care of you and your family while you can, and live man. You do not have to like the rules or anything else. Best of luck to you, and keep on trying. It is all any of us can do. Be well sir.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:32pm   #16
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,061 Times in 17,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

Me, very sick.
It bummer.
I do best I can.
Me not sad
me not coward
You big muscles
I like poon

Meh. That was fairly simple. Now do a really difficult translation.....translate from English to Mrvette.

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:33pm   #17
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 55.0%

Thanked 25,496 Times in 9,898 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Only one on the iPad

I know beauty is in the eye's of the beholder but Damn, your wife's a dog.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 8:36pm   #18
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I know beauty is in the eye's of the beholder but Damn, your wife's a dog.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2020, 8:52pm   #19
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Loki and Nukka say hi.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200328_220128.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 9:59pm   #20
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjz06 View Post
I don't think anyone wishes you ill Pete. You say things kinda f'd up sometimes. Thank your wife. Take care of you and your family while you can, and live man. You do not have to like the rules or anything else. Best of luck to you, and keep on trying. It is all any of us can do. Be well sir.
I know but I have to question the character of anyone who would use a disability against someone. I expect that from Chas and think anyone who does that is on the same level.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic