Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 12:18pm   #41
Vandelay Industries
A Real Barner
Points: 10,764, Level: 71
Activity: 43.2%
 
Vandelay Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Let's go Brandon!!
Posts: 7,986
Thanks: 6,052
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,600 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Kudos Jeff, looks like your point about posting as a debater while also being a moderator, and how the two can blur together, has resonated with him
I just noticed that too.

Name:  jcmod.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  38.5 KB
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 2:31pm   #42
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 11,897, Level: 75
Activity: 5.9%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 659
Thanked 919 Times in 374 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
I just noticed that too.

Attachment 61098
Now thatís funny as shit lol
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 2:34pm   #43
theandies
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 673, Level: 13
Activity: 16.0%
 
theandies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Virginia
Posts: 169
Thanks: 61
Thanked 188 Times in 66 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

The commie idiots over there never post links etc. jChastitybelt is a moron.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 2:40pm   #44
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 65,785, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Socialist States of America
Posts: 28,306
Thanks: 10,701
Thanked 21,050 Times in 8,324 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Kudos Jeff, looks like your point about posting as a debater while also being a moderator, and how the two can blur together, has resonated with him
I can't take credit for that.

I think that once a moderator posts as a participant in the discussion, like a judge, they should recuse themselves from the moderator role and let a different mod handle it. And in the same respect, if they enter as a moderator, they should not be able to participate. They can sway the discussion because of their officiating position. By adding "moderator" to the end, you become instantly disarmed to rebut the post or, in my case, even REPLY. I was given an infraction for challenging a moderator because that stupid single word was at the end of their post.

"You're wrong because I said so. Moderator."

The line judge in a tennis match doesn't jump in and start playing for a while, then go back to officiating.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 2:50pm   #45
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 132,812, Level: 100
Activity: 66.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 51,370
Thanks: 18,491
Thanked 24,381 Times in 10,799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default

bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 4:54pm   #46
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 11,897, Level: 75
Activity: 5.9%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 659
Thanked 919 Times in 374 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I can't take credit for that.

I think that once a moderator posts as a participant in the discussion, like a judge, they should recuse themselves from the moderator role and let a different mod handle it. And in the same respect, if they enter as a moderator, they should not be able to participate. They can sway the discussion because of their officiating position. By adding "moderator" to the end, you become instantly disarmed to rebut the post or, in my case, even REPLY. I was given an infraction for challenging a moderator because that stupid single word was at the end of their post.

"You're wrong because I said so. Moderator."

The line judge in a tennis match doesn't jump in and start playing for a while, then go back to officiating.
I hear ya. My solution has worked, I just donít debate with them

What a horrible job, I donít know who would want to volunteer for that
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 5:32pm   #47
Vandelay Industries
A Real Barner
Points: 10,764, Level: 71
Activity: 43.2%
 
Vandelay Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Let's go Brandon!!
Posts: 7,986
Thanks: 6,052
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,600 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810
Default

Jcharity doesn't like one word posts, I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211016-182627_Brave.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	61102
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 10:28pm   #48
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 65,785, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Socialist States of America
Posts: 28,306
Thanks: 10,701
Thanked 21,050 Times in 8,324 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
Jcharity doesn't like one word posts, I guess.

Attachment 61102
Please make sense when posting? Seriously? What a dick.

I wonder if this would make sense to him?...**** OFF.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:30pm   #49
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 65,785, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Socialist States of America
Posts: 28,306
Thanks: 10,701
Thanked 21,050 Times in 8,324 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
I hear ya. My solution has worked, I just donít debate with them

What a horrible job, I donít know who would want to volunteer for that
It's not horrible or even challenging for dicks to be dicks. They get off on it.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:11pm   #50
Vandelay Industries
A Real Barner
Points: 10,764, Level: 71
Activity: 43.2%
 
Vandelay Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Let's go Brandon!!
Posts: 7,986
Thanks: 6,052
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,600 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Please make sense when posting? Seriously? What a dick.

I wonder if this would make sense to him?...**** OFF.


"Please make sense when posting" is a set up. I guaran****ingtee any honest reply to that will get a ban. Not taking the bait...
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2021, 9:10pm   #51
theandies
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 673, Level: 13
Activity: 16.0%
 
theandies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Virginia
Posts: 169
Thanks: 61
Thanked 188 Times in 66 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Ya, **** them
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 5:21pm   #52
Allan
Barn Raising II
Points: 13,132, Level: 79
Activity: 6.1%
 
Allan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 2,601
Thanks: 618
Thanked 466 Times in 286 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $610770
Default

Just recv'd a point (whatever that means) for saying "Those Amish."
Apparently, Amish is now a Race.
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2021, 7:12am   #53
Vandelay Industries
A Real Barner
Points: 10,764, Level: 71
Activity: 43.2%
 
Vandelay Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Let's go Brandon!!
Posts: 7,986
Thanks: 6,052
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,600 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
Ken does, but I think RIM finally got the perma. Haven't seen that fool in a long time.
Looks like I was wrong about RIM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rim.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	61241
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2021, 12:07pm   #54
Louie Detroit
A Real Barner
Points: 5,383, Level: 50
Activity: 64.5%
 
Louie Detroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: USMC 0331 Forever
Posts: 2,617
Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 1,735 Times in 607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries View Post
Looks like I was wrong about RIM.

Attachment 61241
Same old pussyhat drivel from RIM, some things never change.
Louie Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 4:20pm   #55
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Points: 8,985, Level: 65
Activity: 31.8%
 
Dan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 6,012
Thanks: 5,102
Thanked 1,859 Times in 654 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Haven't been there since the last time I was banned. No sense debating in a rigged environment of cancel culture nonsense.

Folks like CD and JC are welfare slugs. They don't understand reality because their entire existence is dependent on a government job and check. They've never had to compete and produce real value in a free market. One of them digs a hole, the other fills it in and the government gives them a check that allows them to consume without having to produce. At some level I think they know that's the truth and so they attempt to hide behind a wall of arrogance.

the vast majority of government jobs are welfare by another name. Dependents that an ever smaller portion of productive individuals in the real economy, must try and support. That's why so many government employees are liberals. Those two knuckleheads are not worth the aggravation. Folks should stop giving them their time and effort. You will never change simple minded folks like them. They simply do not possess the wisdom that comes with real world experience and without that, they cannot know the Truth so they live nonsense.

The owner of that site must be a real dipshit too. What kind of asshole allows those two knuckleheads to run his site? If he doesn't like PRC, he should have shut it down. ****ing jerk off.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 6:24pm   #56
Louie Detroit
A Real Barner
Points: 5,383, Level: 50
Activity: 64.5%
 
Louie Detroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: USMC 0331 Forever
Posts: 2,617
Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 1,735 Times in 607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Haven't been there since the last time I was banned. No sense debating in a rigged environment of cancel culture nonsense.

Folks like CD and JC are welfare slugs.
Hey dude, I beg to differ. CD is retired Army and last I know a graduate student with a killer job and JC is a retired school teacher from my neck of the woods. Maybe their beliefs don't match others but these dudes aren't welfare slugs.
Louie Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 9:33pm   #57
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Points: 8,985, Level: 65
Activity: 31.8%
 
Dan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 6,012
Thanks: 5,102
Thanked 1,859 Times in 654 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
Hey dude, I beg to differ. CD is retired Army and last I know a graduate student with a killer job and JC is a retired school teacher from my neck of the woods. Maybe their beliefs don't match others but these dudes aren't welfare slugs.
Exactly my point, Government employees. Iím retired Army too, for the record. As I understand it, CDís ďkiller jobĒ is government as well. Dude hasnít produced **** all besides whining about ďwhite privilegeĒ and other racial nonsense. And J.C. is a racially obsessed idiot. That dude has been passing his idiocy to future generations at taxpayer expense for God knows how long.

Consider what real wealth is, the Goods and Services that everyone wants, food, clothing, shelter, etc. Public education and the modern military produce none of those things. There is a case to be made for some tax funded military but nothing remotely approaching the current MIC scam and public education is a bad joke resembling more daycare than education.

They donít mind shutting down people with beliefs that donít match their own so why defend them?
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00am   #58
Louie Detroit
A Real Barner
Points: 5,383, Level: 50
Activity: 64.5%
 
Louie Detroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: USMC 0331 Forever
Posts: 2,617
Thanks: 1,688
Thanked 1,735 Times in 607 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
They donít mind shutting down people with beliefs that donít match their own so why defend them?
It's been a few years since I got the boot from that place, but it sounds like things have really gone down hill since then. These guys back then were always willing to debate and I liked that. Sounds like leftist cancel culture has taken them over.
Louie Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:16pm   #59
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Points: 8,985, Level: 65
Activity: 31.8%
 
Dan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 6,012
Thanks: 5,102
Thanked 1,859 Times in 654 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
It's been a few years since I got the boot from that place, but it sounds like things have really gone down hill since then. These guys back then were always willing to debate and I liked that. Sounds like leftist cancel culture has taken them over.
Agreed, Power corrupts. Wish they had the courage to debate on a level playing field like here. Really aggravating leaving stupid alone to run amok. Hoonose is another jackass over there that deserves to have his nonsense disputed endlessly but is protected to spew it unopposed, mostly.

Can't help but wonder if China bought the site? Pure collectivist drivel, last time I looked. On a positive note, the worm is turning and those three chuckleheads will be sharing the banquet of consequences their beliefs create, assuming they are who they claim to be?
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:43am   #60
UniqueDoug
A Real Barner
Points: 11,897, Level: 75
Activity: 5.9%
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 1,754
Thanks: 659
Thanked 919 Times in 374 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Exactly my point, Government employees. Iím retired Army too, for the record. As I understand it, CDís ďkiller jobĒ is government as well. Dude hasnít produced **** all besides whining about ďwhite privilegeĒ and other racial nonsense. And J.C. is a racially obsessed idiot. That dude has been passing his idiocy to future generations at taxpayer expense for God knows how long.

Consider what real wealth is, the Goods and Services that everyone wants, food, clothing, shelter, etc. Public education and the modern military produce none of those things. There is a case to be made for some tax funded military but nothing remotely approaching the current MIC scam and public education is a bad joke resembling more daycare than education.

They donít mind shutting down people with beliefs that donít match their own so why defend them?
While I understand your frustrations with the moderation, I believe itís a little bit silly to take that frustration out on teachers and veterans. My mother spent her whole life in public education, molding and teaching young kids, she is far from a welfare slug.

I bet you canít go more than a few weeks before pointing out some ďwelfare slugĒ that added value to your life, like getting things done for you.
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page