Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2017, 8:59pm   #181
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 131,766, Level: 100
Activity: 93.0%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,445
Thanks: 9,967
Thanked 20,242 Times in 10,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $33800107
Default

They aren’t news networks. They are NFL “partners”. You want to carry football next time around? You’ll defend us when we do something stupid.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:04pm   #182
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Anyone who believes that Trump didn't make this 1000% worse is delusional.



Oh, no, of course not. You're just saying that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Pretending that "your guy" can't do any wrong here is your downfall. You're very obviously in his camp even if you can't admit it to yourself.

You've chosen sides based not on facts, not on reality, but on your beliefs. Please, I implore you, return to the real world.
Oh kay. Well then there it is. The NFL meltdown is Trump's fault. OK, we'll just go with that falsehood for the moment and see where it takes us.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:09pm   #183
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,473, Level: 100
Activity: 79.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,262
Thanks: 10,979
Thanked 14,499 Times in 7,521 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Anyone who believes that Trump didn't make this 1000% worse is delusional.



Oh, no, of course not. You're just saying that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Pretending that "your guy" can't do any wrong here is your downfall.
You're very obviously in his camp even if you can't admit it to yourself.

You've chosen sides based not on facts, not on reality, but on your beliefs. Please, I implore you, return to the real world.
I don't see anyone here saying, mein Trump, right or wrong. Just recently, Trump basically OK'ed the teams that chose to link arms rather than put their hands on their hearts, as they have done since they were in the pee wee leagues. I don't think most people upset by the whole debacle agree with that. I don't. Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. People accept that they aren't going to agree with their leader on everything. all the time.

Another flaw in your argument: the Alabama {(R) primary. Trump endorsed Sessions' establishment candidate, yet Trump's own people and supporters stumped for, and eventually defeated that establishment Pub. This literally just happened.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:09pm   #184
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Never said that, and as usual, you're playing this idiotic game of blame that nobody instantiated. It'd be slightly funny if it weren't so fvcking predictable.

I wish you well in your endeavors.
You do realize, at this point, that I've made no predictions beyond pain for the NFL. Meanwhile, you've said that Trump made it 1000% percent worse. OK. Trump made it worse. So? Think about this for a few minutes.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:13pm   #185
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I don't see anyone here saying, mein Trump, right or wrong. Just recently, Trump basically OK'ed the teams that chose to link arms rather than put their hands on their hearts, as they have done since they were in the pee wee leagues. I don't think most people upset by the whole debacle agree with that. I don't. Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. People accept that they aren't going to agree with their leader on everything. all the time.

Another flaw in your argument: the Alabama {(R) primary. Trump endorsed Sessions' establishment candidate, yet Trump's own people and supporters stumped for, and eventually defeated that establishment Pub. This literally just happened.
I'm not surprised at all that Moore won. He's who I would have voted for. Trump gave a very half-hearted endorsement of Strange. Does anyone think Trump will be upset if McConnell or Ryan doesn't get their preferred candidate?
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:16pm   #186
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
So your evidence that people aren't sheep is a single anecdote?

Are we supposed to pretend that nothing Sessions has done in the past 6 months had anything to do with this?
Waco, at this point we're just sorta sick of the shit. We're hoping things like Hillary going to jail happens, but if not oh well, we tried. We're not holding out for a full on conversion of brainwashed millennials right away, but it's a possibility if we are living in the right timeline. Just hoping for the right timeline.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:19pm   #187
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,473, Level: 100
Activity: 79.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,262
Thanks: 10,979
Thanked 14,499 Times in 7,521 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
So your evidence that people aren't sheep is a single anecdote?

Are we supposed to pretend that nothing Sessions has done in the past 6 months had anything to do with this?
Some Trump supporters, particularly vets, were upset with Trump when he went after Khizzr Khan and his mute wife, reasoning that Gold Star families are off limits, regardless of the lies they tell on a national stage. That didn't stop them from supporting Trump when it came down to it.

Edit: I'm trying to figure out just what Sessions has done these last 6 months. Seems like a whole lot of nothing, other than a renewed emphasis in busting kiddy diddlers, other than (in)famous ones. Weiner is a notable exception, thus far.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:48pm   #188
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,473, Level: 100
Activity: 79.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,262
Thanks: 10,979
Thanked 14,499 Times in 7,521 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
One, it helps to respect someone's name enough to spell it correctly. "Khizr"
Two, could you at least spend a few seconds detailing accusations before you just announce that "this is a lie"?
Three, pretending that Sessions has done nothing to influence the course of our nation in the past months is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.
1) Spelling mistake not intentional, I just didn't care enough to make sure I spelled his name correctly, because I don't feel like he's deserving of that respect. He burned all the capital of his dead hero son when he, well, on to #2.

2) "If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America." Uh, last time I checked, Trump did not call for, and hasn't tried to deport American citizens born to naturalized citizen parents. I don't really want to parse the rest of his speech, because I'm going to bed, but let's just say the taqiyya (sp) is strong in that one. Listen for yourself....starts about 6 minutes in.


3) I'm not a fan of Sessions, but probably not for the same reasons you don't like him.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:50pm   #189
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default Here's An Idea...

Since all of these professional athletes, coaches and executives are apparently so very concerned about the plight of their black brethren, I propose that a challenge should be issued to them, on a national level, that anyone kneeling, sitting or otherwise doing anything that could be considered disrespectful to the American Flag and the National Anthem be willing to donate 10-15% of their salary to various charities that actually help the inner cities with programs and investments to help improve the lives of the people who live there. And I'm not talking about ripoff organizations that are spoon-fed by George Soros like ACORN, The Rainbow Coalition or Operation Push. I'm talking legitimate, standing organizations that have a record of helping.

The church calls it tithing. I call it putting your money where your mouth is.

Of course, this will never happen because:

1) There really is no such reputable organization so the money would likely be squandered.
2) When you scape away the sugar coating, these people really aren't interested at all about the plight of blacks.

At the end of their games, athletes like Colin Kaepernick and LeBron James don't go home to the inner city. They go home to houses in high-end neighborhoods living right next door to whitey. Yep...the very same people they're shitting on in public.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 9:58pm   #190
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,473, Level: 100
Activity: 79.1%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,262
Thanks: 10,979
Thanked 14,499 Times in 7,521 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607240
Default

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:00pm   #191
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

South Park had a better one.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:14pm   #192
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
And what facts lead you to this conclusion?
It's 11PM, and at this time of night, surfing porn takes a higher priority than digging around the internet for information to make my point just so that you can come back with some counterpoint which I really don't give a shit about. And speaking of not giving a shit, I'm also not in a court of law. I don't have to present any facts here. You can accept what I say or not. And I really don't give a shit one way or the other about that either.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59pm   #193
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
I guess that's one way to cop out of an honest response. “It’s a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for him.”
There was nothing dishonest about my response. I simply stated that I don't care whether you think I'm right or wrong. I refuse to allow you to bait me into a 3 hour back and forth because whether or not you feel that my point is valid without some sort of supporting documentation at hand isn't important to me. I've read what I've read, I know what I know, it works for me, and that's good enough. If it doesn't work for you, that's your business.

"But it's late, I'm tired, and there's so much left to do. Good night, Mr. Bond."
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2017, 11:23pm   #194
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Like I said, copouts. You can get testy if you choose to, but you can't really be surprised if people doubt your stance when you provide literally nothing to back it up.
So? I'll sleep just fine.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 7:04am   #195
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 131,766, Level: 100
Activity: 93.0%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,445
Thanks: 9,967
Thanked 20,242 Times in 10,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $33800107
Default

Some people are never convinced of the truth, no matter how much evidence is piled in front of them.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 8:53am   #196
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 91,746, Level: 100
Activity: 99.7%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 53,307
Thanks: 27,241
Thanked 10,744 Times in 5,594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $119007127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
It's 11PM, and at this time of night, surfing porn takes a higher priority than digging around the internet for information to make my point just so that you can come back with some counterpoint which I really don't give a shit about. And speaking of not giving a shit, I'm also not in a court of law. I don't have to present any facts here. You can accept what I say or not. And I really don't give a shit one way or the other about that either.
Don't feed the troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
I guess that's one way to cop out of an honest response. “It’s a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for him.”
Too late.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 9:26am   #197
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Points: 95,276, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
Mike Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 31,899
Thanks: 10,550
Thanked 18,960 Times in 7,606 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5123363
Default

well... well... well (again).

This disrespect has been happening in NFL for over a year, and then just one week after the Prez talks about it... it is starting to wind down:

Quote:
BOSTON (CBS) — Just one week after many members of the Patriots kneeled during the national anthem, a new report indicates that they will all stand together as a team next time out.

A league source told CSNNE’s Gary Tanguay on Tuesday that all Patriots players will stand during the national anthem before next Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers at Gillette Stadium. Many stood and interlocked their arms during the anthem last Sunday before the game against the Texans, while a large portion kneeled.
and the major news outlets - not only tried to change the facts (to where there were no issues before the President commented) - but tried to convince us that due to the President speaking out... things would only get worse.

Without the President saying something 10 days ago; the anthem/flag disrespect would still be happening during NFL games; getting worse by the week.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 9:55am   #198
m and t's77
A Real Barner
Points: 10,613, Level: 71
Activity: 18.6%
 
m and t's77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Live Free or Die.
Posts: 2,815
Thanks: 802
Thanked 1,007 Times in 609 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2661166
Default

Quote:
Just one week after many members of the Patriots kneeled during the national anthem, a new report indicates that they will all stand together as a team next time out.
Too late now on the "effort". Typical lib mentality only apologize after you show your true colors and find out it was the wrong thing to go from the get-go.
This part time Pats fan has gone full time not caring what they do now.Last Sunday yard work,this Sunday the Deerfield Fair next week Grass Drags.And so on and so on...

m and t's77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 9:56am   #199
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Points: 46,474, Level: 100
Activity: 51.2%
 
boracayjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Posts: 19,292
Thanks: 5,523
Thanked 7,120 Times in 3,566 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1314203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Don't feed the troll.

Too late.


Dave had his six Monster's, it was late, and he was ready to argue. Living the dream, mannnnnn.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 10:51am   #200
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,263, Level: 100
Activity: 48.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,177
Thanks: 904
Thanked 8,182 Times in 3,997 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375255
Default

For those who need pictures instead of words to understand the current state of the NFL, I give you this.

Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page