Old 08-29-2022, 6:50pm   #1141
Ronins2ndCuzzin
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.9%

Thanked 1,008 Times in 477 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostmech View Post
Save-Wuss and the others were probably patting each other on the back when he came on board, "Hey, look at us, we are so diverse, we even have a black, woke progressive on our mod staff and to be really accommodating, we're going figuratively (or even literally) suck is dick while he takes revenge on all those right wing crackers. Yea for us!"
Dude...I just had to read the whole thread over again to confirm the who's who here. Man, I had wondered where you went at the other place. You were on of the folks that helped me the most when I had joined there eons ago. Glad to see you've found a home.
Ronins2ndCuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 4:31am   #1142
C3_4_Me
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Haven't been there since the last time I was banned. No sense debating in a rigged environment of cancel culture nonsense.

Folks like CD and JC are welfare slugs.
Hey dude, I beg to differ. CD is retired Army and last I know a graduate student with a killer job and JC is a retired school teacher from my neck of the woods. Maybe their beliefs don't match others but these dudes aren't welfare slugs.
I don't know either CD or JC well, I've only seen their often disruptive moderating. I don't know what they were like in the Army or as a teacher but having seen both the Army and public schools up close, merely having participated in them doesn't impart any automatic respectability. There are plenty of slackers and sleazoids in the military both in the enlisted and officer ranks and plenty of hacks in the ranks of teachers and administrators all on the taxpayer's dime.

Maybe jchar was a dedicated, capable educator and my hat is off to him if he was but from what I can tell Detroit schools are a pit - the fact that someone taught there for any length of time doesn't make me automatically think "high quality".

Reading through this thread and others has been very enlightening as to the goings on at CF and as others have said I see I'm not the only one to make similar observations.
C3_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3_4_Me For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 8:03am   #1143
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 50.0%

Thanked 3,546 Times in 1,580 Posts

The best thing on CF is to post only on technical issues for which you have experience and some back up info. Stay away from O/T and don't take the bait with personal attacks as the moderators will COME AFTER YOU because you didn't report some insult quick enough and they don't like your response to some @hole... I always tried to use the JohnZ (John Hinckley) model of being a gentleman over there and rise above the fray like that late, great man.

I quickly discovered I was no John and when somebody "came at me" my Italian street kid instincts kicked in and then it was "on". And the claim "he threw the first punch" doesn't fly with the moderators. In fairness, they have a point, its the second angry word that starts the argument.

The mods would advise me to use the "ignore" function to block some members, that seem way pussified to me and besides others would quote their comments and you'd still see them.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 8:50am   #1144
m and t's77
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,170 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3122345

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3_4_Me View Post
I don't know either CD or JC well, I've only seen their often disruptive moderating. I don't know what they were like in the Army or as a teacher but having seen both the Army and public schools up close, merely having participated in them doesn't impart any automatic respectability. There are plenty of slackers and sleazoids in the military both in the enlisted and officer ranks and plenty of hacks in the ranks of teachers and administrators all on the taxpayer's dime.

Maybe jchar was a dedicated, capable educator and my hat is off to him if he was but from what I can tell Detroit schools are a pit - the fact that someone taught there for any length of time doesn't make me automatically think "high quality".

Reading through this thread and others has been very enlightening as to the goings on at CF and as others have said I see I'm not the only one to make similar observations.

My brother-in-law was in the Army,an MP who was a guard at Leavenworth before finishing his stint as a recruiter.Not everyone in the Army is a saint and deserves respect blindly.
m and t's77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to m and t's77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 9:04am   #1145
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,849 Times in 11,760 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:

Cumdawg was an E-8, I believe. If that's true, I am glad he is retired beccause, based on his high and mighty attitude he's always had along with the power trip he went wild on when made a mod, that piece of shit has no business being in a leadership role for anyone, let alone America's sons and daughters. I knew douchebags like him when I was a 1LT in the Army and couldn't do shit about it.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 11:17am   #1146
TurboTnZ06
Vette Barn nOOb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Cumdawg was an E-8, I believe. If that's true, I am glad he is retired beccause, based on his high and mighty attitude he's always had along with the power trip he went wild on when made a mod, that piece of shit has no business being in a leadership role for anyone, let alone America's sons and daughters. I knew douchebags like him when I was a 1LT in the Army and couldn't do shit about it.
He's on the side that would force us into a re-education camp faster than you can say cock gobbling monkey pox enthusiast.
TurboTnZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TurboTnZ06 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 1:13pm   #1147
C3_4_Me
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Our unit's C9 Sgt Major was a raging alky and apparently also liked to partake of recreational pharmaceuticals. Prone to sullen moodiness and angry outbursts. He showed up staggering drunk at the barracks one night around 9P and ordered a "barracks party" - i.e. a scrubbing of the barracks, buffing the floor etc. ala Basic Training. It was clean already, looked exactly the same after as it did before. He ironically was ranting about how we were a bunch of un-military people - he was slurring his words, could barely walk, telling us we were un-military. Okee doke. He drove drunk to the barracks of course, drunk driving was a regular event with him.

He could be friendly, he'd hang out with people in their barracks room - partaking of beer, pot or whatever as it was related to me - I wasn't a drinker or a doper and didn't participate in those kinds of hangouts - then would suddenly get mad about something and order someone confined to quarters or punishment detail. It was a really screwed up dynamic. He had a family but I have no idea what his home life was like, how his family regarded him - maybe as far as they were concerned he was a prince of a guy though I don't think alcoholics are famous for having happy, well-adjusted families.

It always amazed me how many people indulged in drugs despite the clear prohibitions that the military had and made you aware of from before you took your initial oath. I've never been a consumer so it wasn't an issue for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3_4_Me For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 7:35pm   #1148
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTnZ06 View Post
He's on the side that would force us into a re-education camp faster than you can say cock gobbling monkey pox enthusiast.
I have a mag with random roiunds waiting for pieces of shit like that racist mother****er.
Old 08-30-2022, 7:38pm   #1149
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Our unit's C9 Sgt Major was a raging alky and apparently also liked to partake of recreational pharmaceuticals. Prone to sullen moodiness and angry outbursts. He showed up staggering drunk at the barracks one night around 9P and ordered a "barracks party" - i.e. a scrubbing of the barracks, buffing the floor etc. ala Basic Training. It was clean already, looked exactly the same after as it did before. He ironically was ranting about how we were a bunch of un-military people - he was slurring his words, could barely walk, telling us we were un-military. Okee doke. He drove drunk to the barracks of course, drunk driving was a regular event with him.

He could be friendly, he'd hang out with people in their barracks room - partaking of beer, pot or whatever as it was related to me - I wasn't a drinker or a doper and didn't participate in those kinds of hangouts - then would suddenly get mad about something and order someone confined to quarters or punishment detail. It was a really screwed up dynamic. He had a family but I have no idea what his home life was like, how his family regarded him - maybe as far as they were concerned he was a prince of a guy though I don't think alcoholics are famous for having happy, well-adjusted families.

It always amazed me how many people indulged in drugs despite the clear prohibitions that the military had and made you aware of from before you took your initial oath. I've never been a consumer so it wasn't an issue for me.
What you witnessed was a piece of shit who should have been in Leavenworth or a CF Moderator.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2022, 11:01pm   #1150
C3_4_Me
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
What you witnessed was a piece of shit who should have been in Leavenworth or a CF Moderator.
I'm pretty sure he never faced any consequences.

One day the company commander showed up for a surprise drug test with some MPs and the drug testing folks.

I wasn't there when this went down but was told our warrant officer unit commander spent something like three hours claiming he couldn't go - I'd heard that he liked his nose candy. Eventually his bladder got the best of him and he gave a sample accompanied by the drug people standing by watching them fill the cup like everyone else.

As I understood it the samples of both the warrant officer and the First Sgt. somehow "got lost", theirs were the only ones to disappear like that. A number of people in the unit got busted and either sent to the correctional custody unit or discharged.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3_4_Me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2022, 8:16am   #1151
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he never faced any consequences.

One day the company commander showed up for a surprise drug test with some MPs and the drug testing folks.

I wasn't there when this went down but was told our warrant officer unit commander spent something like three hours claiming he couldn't go - I'd heard that he liked his nose candy. Eventually his bladder got the best of him and he gave a sample accompanied by the drug people standing by watching them fill the cup like everyone else.

As I understood it the samples of both the warrant officer and the First Sgt. somehow "got lost", theirs were the only ones to disappear like that. A number of people in the unit got busted and either sent to the correctional custody unit or discharged.
Sounds like a democrat. Rules for thee, but not for me.
Old 09-01-2022, 8:16pm   #1152
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 52.2%

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

I saw guys like that my entire career. My first 2yrs, I was going through the flight school process, Made it to E5. The spent the rest of it as a Warrant Officer Aviator.

I remember back in Alaska, we went out to "the field for a couple weeks one winter flying around up near Fairbanks area. CO left a E7 fat guy running the show because the 1st Sgt came with us

Remember on the show Mash, whenever the CO's, Henry or Col Potter left, Frank Burns took over and just ****ed everything up on purpose? This fkn guy did the same shit while we were gone.

The day after we returned, I was in the office doing something and the yelling and screaming from the CO's office was incredible.

The E7 who was like 6'4" and fat came out a few minutes later beat red and tears. We never saw him again.

4 of us were sent to Japan one time for 2 months in 1984 to fly a medical support for some Japanese thing. What a goatfk. Wife was 6months along with my kid and why was I here?

One night was movie night in a GP large that doubled as the mess tent. It was full and the chairs were set up in a manner that made viewing the screen difficult. So we all moved them around better. Big Black E8 came in and saw this and got pissed. "I'm not going to show this movie until you all put this back the way it was.!"

Another pilot and I stood up, said "**** this" and walked out with a bit of a stare down on the way. So with nothing else to do and dark, we started walking and passed by the generator on the way and shut it off. We could hear all the screaming going on.

We heard the next morning that when the generator was turned back on, caused a surge in the projector and blew it.

It may be fair to say that when most achieve a higher rank, they can remain somewhat humble but there are also a fair amount that are not and will cause themselves and others' problems.

Been 27 years now since I retired and still have regular conversations with pilots and enlisted. Some made it tofull bird, one made it to Brigadier and several to E9. Childhood buddy is one of them.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:12pm   #1153
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

So, any more news of racism and faggotry going on over there?
Old 09-02-2022, 12:27pm   #1154
TurboTnZ06
Vette Barn nOOb

Quote:
They mad at the memes, closed a thread that was mean to Brandon, then said use the meme thread.
Attached Thumbnails
mems.jpeg  

TurboTnZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TurboTnZ06 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2022, 5:18pm   #1155
Patsgarage
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $884

The meme thread is full of bots who do not post anywhere else.
Patsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 8:44am   #1156
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 52.2%

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,158 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Bank of America is offering Blacks & Hispanics zero down, zero closing mortgages.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 9:44am   #1157
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,611 Times in 13,603 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

When only blacks are employed because whites are first to be fired and last to be hired. And it is whites sitting home while blacks do all the work. I'm thinking it will closely resemble slavery...but with a choice of masters. Once again, be careful what you ask for.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:52am   #1158
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 5,730 Times in 2,714 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

I just got banned for telling MAGAs to settle down, they'll be alright on a thread about Biden's speech. That was deemed as a personal insult. I asked why that was deleted and JC did the ban, guess you're not supposed to ask questions. It's not just you guys.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taurus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2022, 2:13pm   #1159
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,611 Times in 13,603 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Ban =/= Vacation

Ban in my mind means you can't go back.
Vacation is when you can go back at some point.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 3:10pm   #1160
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 5,730 Times in 2,714 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Ban =/= Vacation

Ban in my mind means you can't go back.
Vacation is when you can go back at some point.

Maybe I'm wrong.
I can go with that, their terminology is banned but you're right I'm on vacation for a day.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion